Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Whatever, give me beckon nihilists
  • It's a sidestep away from Houses, and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Maybe I'm one of the few folk who can see Houses bringing like-minded people together rather than skills bringing them together, and carving out their identity that way.

This could potentially kill the guild bloat currently being experienced and actually consolidate the populace rather than spreading us even thinner to fill positions when new things are released.

Needless to say, I like it.
  • edited April 2015
    I'd also point out that you'll never be a particularly effective member of a class from outside of your own org.  In addition to flex rights being revokable, my understanding is that almost every skill that uses power in an org-specific skillset requires nexus power from that org, which means, for example, that any Halli monk can't boost their momentum in a combo, mages can't override terrain, most finishing moves in a skillset are off the table, etc. etc.  You can goof around in a class outside of your org, but you're missing a lot of its high-end power.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I do feel like flexing into foreign monk guilds for Hallifax and Gaudiguch is a special case and less objectionable than other cross-org flexing, since we can't natively access that otherwise universal archetype. This position would change as soon as we got our own monk guilds.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Some classes are more limited than others, monks have it pretty easy as far as power goes.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tylwyth said:

I wannna say @Daraiusis and has been classflexed into the tahtetso for along time, as a "hallimonk" though RP wise he considers himself a Tosha monk I think?

Which is in fact how all the halli-monk and gaudi-monk s can exist.

I've been Tahtetso since before classflex was a thing. *flex*

But when I decided I wanted Tattoos for (yet to be explored) RP reasons, I was informed that even though I had all the Tahtetso skills, I'd have to classflex into a monk guild to select the trade.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2015
    Four things:

1) There are inherent balance concerns when you can start mix and matching your guilds for group fights. Given, this already happens to an extent with alliances, but alliances are not universally available all the time. It's not a mix and match free for all. We kind of ran into this during the last domoth. It was Glom/Halli with only wisp between them and Mag/Gaudi with beckon/chaindrag. The Gaudis don't have beckon, so they can just hop the Mag skills. Horribly lopsided. Reminds me it's time to envoy wisp.

2) Monks don't really require org specific power for anything, and can function just fine without it. 

3) This is really just about monks. I don't want more monks than we absolutely have to have. 

4) It punishes orgs that RP with certan identities and rewards those that don't. Glom is very "we are the Wyrd." It's how the org is built, and I don't think it's fair that Glom, in order to maintain their position, would not get to participate to the extent of "Don't mess with my freedom duuuuuuuuuude," Gaudiguch. 
    edited April 2015
    Celina said:

Four things:

1) There are inherent balance concerns when you can start mix and matching your guilds for group fights. Given, this already happens to an extent with alliances, but alliances are not universally available all the time. It's not a mix and match free for all. We kind of ran into this during the last domoth. It was Glom/Halli with only wisp between them and Mag/Gaudi with beckon/chaindrag. Horribly lopsided. 

2) Monks don't really require org specific power for anything, and can function just fine without it. 

3) This is really just about monks. I don't want more monks than we absolutely have to have. 

4) It punishes orgs that RP with certan identities and rewards those that don't. Glom is very "we are the Wyrd." It's how the org is built, and I don't think it's fair that Glom, in order to maintain their position, would not get to participate to the extent of "Don't mess with my freedom duuuuuuuuuude," Gaudiguch. 
    Whoa whoa, pretty sure there is little to zero people outside Gaudiguch that have flexed into gaudi guilds, talk about throwing assumptions!

Edit: I can guarantee there is no one outside Gaudiguch flexing Minstrel - while Gaudi may be all about freedom, it's totally about secrets too.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    It was a theorhetical example!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:

Celina said:

Four things:

1) There are inherent balance concerns when you can start mix and matching your guilds for group fights. Given, this already happens to an extent with alliances, but alliances are not universally available all the time. It's not a mix and match free for all. We kind of ran into this during the last domoth. It was Glom/Halli with only wisp between them and Mag/Gaudi with beckon/chaindrag. Horribly lopsided. 

Whoa whoa, pretty sure there is little to zero people outside Gaudiguch that have flexed into gaudi guilds, talk about throwing assumptions!

Edit: I can guarantee there is no one outside Gaudiguch flexing Minstrel - while Gaudi may be all about freedom, it's totally about secrets too.
    Most of the big stuff people might want out of Gaudi guilds requires Flame power anyway, so I don't see people struggling to flex into any of the Gaudi guilds. For instance, why flex templar when your biggest reason for it would be paradigmatics and you need Flame power to use any of the lucrative skills in there to begin with?

Yes, monks are easy to flex into if you completely ignore the guild's instakill, pretty much. There might be an aff here and there that you might not be able to activate without boost, but absolutely everything else would be available to you.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I'll point out that people have given up solo viability for the team win. Krellan dropped all of Crow just to meld Etherseren. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Can I just say...when Glom and Mag were openly 'friends', we would fight over villages instead of help each other. But now that we have broken off friendly relations (but NOT declared war, and yes I did remind Mags of that yesterday), suddenly it's a big deal to contest for a domoth, despite our official statement to them saying that while we were not declaring war, we would still compete for villages, domoths and aetherflares.

I'm really surprised to see you actually being critical of that. Even in Hallifax's infamous neutral time, they would compete for villages and domoths and not be considered jerks for daring to take someone's domoth. Pretty sure they weren't enemied for it either.

There are individuals in Magnagora that seem to be confused by 'We are at WAR with Serenwilde, we are NEUTRAL with Glomdoring'. But no one was going to order anyone not to compete for a domoth when we stated from the beginning they were free game.

The Seren and Halli assistance is what really muddled things there. Lavinya refused to take part as she did not want it to be seen that the Iron Council was supporting working with Serenwilde. He just wanted to kill Gloms which I get. But yes, it muddies the water most definitely.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Full disclosure of my opinion:

Glomdoring is in a hugely powerful position right now.

Hallifax and Celest are vying for its attention, and so are Magnagora and Gaudiguch. Whomever they decide to ally is going to start winning, a lot.

Serenwilde is too disorganized/not enough combatants/one of their Vernal Ascendants is helping Magnagora. Problems issues problems.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Spoiler Alert: Subby is ambivalent about Glom, and isn't vying for its attention.

Gaudi has a lot of friends in Glom, but we won't die without them hanging out with us at our parties.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited April 2015
    I'm not being critical. It's not like I'm raiding Mag or telling you guys to not take our domoths. I'm just pointing out that Mag did, in fact, try to steal our domoths. Which is whatever to me. I didn't enemy anyone (Illidaen did, but they got overturned). 

That being said, my reaction as a character is that if Mag is going to try to take our toys, I'm under no obligation to be nice to Mag and leave them alone like I was doing previously. I, personally, have never subscribed to the idea that domoths "don't count," in terms of political conflict. Trying to take a domoth currently controlled by an org is in every way an aggressive action, and I do not buy into giving them exemptions. It's not like it was just up for grabs, Glom was actively maintaining it. In context, Enadonella is raiding, Arcanis is chopping and setting fire to the forest, and now Mag is collectively try to take our Domoths. It's starting to smell like war, whether it was declared openly or not. 

I don't plan on raiding or anything, but I'm certainly going to retaliate in neutral territory if the opportunity presents itself. Tossing in letting Seren actively help Mag try to take our domoth isn't just muddy water, it's a swamp. There's a huge difference between contesting a neutral domoth and working with the people who we are in open war with to take a domoth that's already ours. 

P.S. Glom and Mag had the worst friendship ever. It was severely dysfunctional, and ultimately broke down because people were allowed to run rough shod over Glom (aka Munsia) without consequence. If I'm critical of anything it's that that is still happening and it's still not helping. 

P.P.S. We stole your ship and made your own side blow it up. So it's not like I'm not saying there's some justification for Mag not playing nice. That being said, I don't think domoths and blowing up travel ships is really a deal breaker. Both sides just have the rabid anti glom/mag group that take a shitty ship or a domoth and declare war/forbid alliances/whatever.
    Yeah, who in Gaudi (or Mag really) is 'vying' for their attention

Uninformed opinion is uninformed

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    If anything, I'm vying for Gaudi's attention. Though I might be the only one....:(
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited April 2015
    I just want one commune. CLs hit me up, let's strike a deal and beat on the other.

Also if anything Gaudi as a whole doesn't care too much about Glom anymore, we just like specific people and would like to keep working with them.
    (He means me. They just want my toads. Thieves.)
  • As a note, every power move in the main monk skillset requires org power. No power doesn't just mean no boost. It also means no double-momentum (kaife), no power-raze (which also has extra damage/wounds) and no power affs (shofangi slit-throat, nekotai scorpfury). Nekotai without power is pretty useless, too, considering we need boost for our signature move. All the other monks, with the exception of tahtetso and their no-power hemi, will all suffer without power.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Ninjakari can do yank trains all day without power.

• edited April 2015
    Ninja won't really 'suffer' without power. Just look at Malarious, he does fine (maybe not the best example.. It's Malarious after all) but still... It'll be a decent bit noticeable without power, since they can't use Jakati, but nothing gamebreaking. Just means they gotta raze more, or be more careful with their combos.
      [For reference: When using your jakari to attack opponents, your weapon will shear away the defences of your enemies that serve to keep your weapons out. It will also boost your damage and wounds.] The other things that Ninja need power for aren't really major... Boosting is nice, but is only really -needed- for burst organs.
  • Maligorn said:

Ninjakari can do yank trains all day without power.

This is pretty evident, from that domoth fight
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You carefully study a cooking recipe.
    Item: Cake  Type: Cakes  Org: Gastronomists  Designer: Luce
    Ingredients: grain 4 eggs 2 milk 1 fruit 1 bluetint 1 redtint 1 greentint 1 yellowtint 1 goldtint 1
    purpletint 1 sugar 2
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    IMPORTANT: The main noun MUST use one of these: CAKE
    Appearance:
    a kaleidoscopic cake of origami birds
    Dropped:
    Bedecked with dozens of origami birds, a kaleidoscopic cake rests here.
    Examined:
    This two-tiered cake is covered in a masterful display of cake
    decoration. The icing itself is a sky blue, with fondant towers
    occupying the eight points around its rim, each shaped and dyed to
    superficially resemble one of Hallifax's towers. The real work, however,
    is in the hundreds of minuscule shapes painted into the icing, forming
    several mosaics around the rim in the shape of a researcher with a
    nimbus of crystals, a swan playing a lute, an aeromancer flanked by his
    thunderbird, and a sentinel with a claymore hefted over one shoulder.
    Each of these is between a pair of towers, with a blank face between
    each set. On top of the cake is another mosaic, that of a beaker and a
    harp superimposed over a scroll. Upon close inspection, each of the
    mosaics is actually a series of miniature origami cranes crafted in
    painstaking detail from fondant dyed a brilliant gemstone shade and
    carefully placed into their final configurations.
    Consume:
    Though it's almost a shame, you cut into a kaleidoscopic cake to take
    your first bites. While one might expect that the bleach-white cake
    within would taste only of butter and vanilla, once you take a bite you
    instead encounter a panoply of tastes, with dozens of fruit flavours
    that blend together the tang of citrus, tart berry tastes, and several
    different sweet flavours that are harder to identify into a more
    coherent whole. Each bite has its own blend of flavours, with no two
    identical from the first bite to the crumbs that are left on the glass
    plate once you've finished eating.
    Smell:
    A kaleidoscopic cake smells faintly of vanilla buttercream, probably from the icing.
    Taste:
    Although gorgeous, this cake's icing is still pure sugar, and tastes only faintly of vanilla. You
    pluck a single origami crane from the cake and it provides a brief crunch as you bite down on it,
    followed by a blast of sweet.
    Comments:
  • Celina said:

Four things:

1) There are inherent balance concerns when you can start mix and matching your guilds for group fights. Given, this already happens to an extent with alliances, but alliances are not universally available all the time. It's not a mix and match free for all. We kind of ran into this during the last domoth. It was Glom/Halli with only wisp between them and Mag/Gaudi with beckon/chaindrag. The Gaudis don't have beckon, so they can just hop the Mag skills. Horribly lopsided. Reminds me it's time to envoy wisp.

We really don't need to rehash this. Your gloom and doom over classflex never came to pass...not only were guilds not destroyed, but they were actually strengthened.

Re: 1) There's not a single classflex imbalance of class possible that wasn't possible before classflex. The one current possible imbalance is champions being able to use champion artifacts.

Re: 3) Personal preference. Many of us have guilds we'd rather not see around.

Re: 4) I don't buy that. There's org RP, guild RP, order RP, and personal RP. You're in the org of shadows and deception. If you can't find a way to justify exceptions that seems more a personal choice (perfectly acceptable) or lack of imagination then a flaw in the way any org was designed. If you believe Gaudi RP is anything goes then you really don't understand the org RP...but, yes in practice more things are allowed than technically should be...mostly as a result of org RP being different than personal RP.

The game is pretty resilient, classflexing is not new...classflexing is not breaking anything.
    Luce said:

You carefully study a cooking recipe.
    Item: Cake  Type: Cakes  Org: Gastronomists  Designer: Luce
    Ingredients: grain 4 eggs 2 milk 1 fruit 1 bluetint 1 redtint 1 greentint 1 yellowtint 1 goldtint 1
    purpletint 1 sugar 2
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    IMPORTANT: The main noun MUST use one of these: CAKE
    Appearance:
    a kaleidoscopic cake of origami birds
    Dropped:
    Bedecked with dozens of origami birds, a kaleidoscopic cake rests here.
    Examined:
    This two-tiered cake is covered in a masterful display of cake
    decoration. The icing itself is a sky blue, with fondant towers
    occupying the eight points around its rim, each shaped and dyed to
    superficially resemble one of Hallifax's towers. The real work, however,
    is in the hundreds of minuscule shapes painted into the icing, forming
    several mosaics around the rim in the shape of a researcher with a
    nimbus of crystals, a swan playing a lute, an aeromancer flanked by his
    thunderbird, and a sentinel with a claymore hefted over one shoulder.
    Each of these is between a pair of towers, with a blank face between
    each set. On top of the cake is another mosaic, that of a beaker and a
    harp superimposed over a scroll. Upon close inspection, each of the
    mosaics is actually a series of miniature origami cranes crafted in
    painstaking detail from fondant dyed a brilliant gemstone shade and
    carefully placed into their final configurations.
    Consume:
    Though it's almost a shame, you cut into a kaleidoscopic cake to take
    your first bites. While one might expect that the bleach-white cake
    within would taste only of butter and vanilla, once you take a bite you
    instead encounter a panoply of tastes, with dozens of fruit flavours
    that blend together the tang of citrus, tart berry tastes, and several
    different sweet flavours that are harder to identify into a more
    coherent whole. Each bite has its own blend of flavours, with no two
    identical from the first bite to the crumbs that are left on the glass
    plate once you've finished eating.
    Smell:
    A kaleidoscopic cake smells faintly of vanilla buttercream, probably from the icing.
    Taste:
    Although gorgeous, this cake's icing is still pure sugar, and tastes only faintly of vanilla. You
    pluck a single origami crane from the cake and it provides a brief crunch as you bite down on it,
    followed by a blast of sweet.
    Comments:

PROPOSE TO LUCE WITH SPATULA
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I just ate bread with a few white spots on it.

I think I'm going to die.

Goodbye, world.
    Ellowyn said:

I just ate bread with a few white spots on it.

I think I'm going to die.

Goodbye, world.
    I didn't make it. Blame @Donato
  • Synkarin said:

I let @Kierstin go when she was on Pisces and then she came and monk'd me with @Maligorn/@Elanorwen jumping in on it

:(

Won't be making that mistake again.

Sorry Bro, I was pretty mad you interrupted our astral hunt. I've never done that to you guys.
This discussion has been closed.