Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Davos is right. I'll just take a step back. Thanks for your input, @Steingrim. I appreciate it, even if you're trying to mischaracterize what I've said. Hopefully that won't happen moving forward!
  • Shaddus said:

Ellowyn said:

I just ate bread with a few white spots on it.

I think I'm going to die.

Goodbye, world.
    I didn't make it. Blame @Donato
    Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah… Lois, this is not my batman glass Don't look at me my food is only for herofetes, tea parties, my shop, anyone I meet, the animals I meet…

Damn I'm such a food slut.
  • I'm OP lucky my fourth wheel spin ever gave:

The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, rewarding you with a dagger of reincarnation.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • I was going to make several replies pointing out all the fallacies, inaccuricies, and apparent confusion posted up, but then realized I shouldnt be wasting my time trying to convince a crow it is white (those that know my mount will get that joke). I'll just put a few notes as a general reply to all.

1. "To pay back for Ascendance" isnt about Glom ascending someone, it was about the True Ascendance where Glom switched on the very day with Xenthos puffing out his chest and making a big post proclaiming to the world. If this was still Old Mag, Glomdoring would be nothing but splinters at this point.

2. "Glomdoring is doomed" wasnt that a single man would destroy it, im not delusional. It was that Glom has next no members left or any real fighters and has the tendencies to turn allies and people away. Additionally the general atmosphere in it is just a toxic environment. The guilds consider themselves more independant associations rather than part of Glomdoring. I just didnt want to bother with attempting to 'appease' all anymore.

3. To the people that state they contacted me. Firstly Celina your first contact to me was insults and harassment, of course im going to ignore you. You're not known for your people skills. Lerad, I explained to you that Glomdoring needed to be punished and would be. I do believe the term I used and have been continously using is "All actions have consequences, and Glom will not get away without punishment".

Frankly this is all im going to say about this tiresome topic. Im not going to bother starting a 'post war' here, because there is no real victory in it. It is far more appealing to earn victories in the game. As I said to several from the start of my mission "Glomdoring had already lost", simply based on logic. You cant keep your elders upkept all the time, and you cant be around to always stop the fires and killing of Daughters. Basically I was (and likely might in the future) harvesting lumber until it equated to the cost of "An ascension", I made up to 40k in a bankaccount (was curious how high it would get) from sold lumber. You'd have to figure out how much an ascension costs.

Ta
  • I find it rather amusing that you're essentially blaming Glomdoring for Mag losing Ascension in the same breath as you say that Glomdoring is dead with next to no people left. Also, you conveniently ignore the fact that Marcella decided to declare war on Glomdoring, citing she was backed by the Iron Council. Of course we're not going to back Mag up at that point.
  • So I brought a cooking curio package of ten and none of the curio I want was in it. Well I wasn't using my life anyway -dies a little inside-.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ssaliss said:

I find it rather amusing that you're essentially blaming Glomdoring for Mag losing Ascension in the same breath as you say that Glomdoring is dead with next to no people left. Also, you conveniently ignore the fact that Marcella decided to declare war on Glomdoring, citing she was backed by the Iron Council. Of course we're not going to back Mag up at that point.

I remember being a bit sad when Ixion asked for help during Ascension too... and having to say... "Considering how your leader treats Hallifax and myself personally... I will have to decline." It made me feel like an ass, but it had to be done. Still, not sure why you expect Magnagora to fess up to their own mistakes. Their stance has pretty much been... "We don't care whose fault it is, as long as it's not ours". I know, I know... I'm generalizing based on a few people's actions and words but it's not up to me to point out and fix other orgs' attitudes.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Are we still going on about Ascension? Let us not get this thread closed again. There are Skype conference calls for talking about these things.
  • Celina said:

Kaimanahi said:

I do wish that all of the experienced and dedicated PKers would not clump into the same organization/alliance, since it inevitably turns into an unhealthy PK dynamic. But I certainly understand wanting to play with your friends and the winners (that's really not sarcastic - I get it).

That said, @Celina, I think you're a little impatient to have things your way, which probably doesn't sit well with people on all sides, especially when you've just come back and it's like, "Who the hell is this hag?" I'm not sure why you're judging your displeasure based on raiding woes. I think you would have fun just joining Gaudi/Mag in more conflict events, and that's where everyone fights nowadays anyway. I also think that Celest would be more empathetic with leaving you alone (and not helping Seren) if you didn't go out of your way to try to piss them off, but I probably didn't have to say that. You know what you're doing. :)
    I'm definitely impatient. :( I totally admit to antagonizing Celest, and it's actually not Celest that bugs me! I'm cool with the conflict there, both sides RP it out, it's copacetic. I honestly have no OOC issue with how Celest is doing things, it's purely RP. Getting attacked/jumped is actually more exciting than the tedium or repetitious raids for me. It's really how my side reacts to it, and it's characters I've played with forever. It's being bored and wanting to engage in PK my side constantly pulling on the reigns, and then wagging their finger over something stupid like walking in on the Gaudi v celest/halli/seren ordeal. I actually had no idea what was going on, I saw someone die to lobs, went to check it out and got a tahto to the face, then a shofa to the face, and so I stuck around. I explain that to my side and the Court goes "oh you should have just left." What. The first interesting bout of PK for me in a while, and I didn't even start it, and they want me to just peace out. I didn't even complain about Kierstin attacking me, I get it. It was assumed I was part of the gank and so I was targeted. We PK'd it out. I was cool. Then I get bitchy referendums about me and drama. The PK is fun, when I can find it, the drama is getting old. 

Part of it is also I just hate leading, and I inevitably end up leading raids just because I'm obvious PK person and I collect people in my entourage just by being present. I'm a decentish teacher (sometimes. maybe.), but people tend to just die when I lead. It's probably selfish, but yeah, it's PKing with friends and people who know what they are doing that is the most exciting. 
    @Celina for the record, I wasn't mad we fought, after you explained your side, I did realize I acted against you first thinking you were apart of the group. I don't think I was a douche about it though, was I?
    Kierstin said:

Celina said:

Kaimanahi said:

I do wish that all of the experienced and dedicated PKers would not clump into the same organization/alliance, since it inevitably turns into an unhealthy PK dynamic. But I certainly understand wanting to play with your friends and the winners (that's really not sarcastic - I get it).

That said, @Celina, I think you're a little impatient to have things your way, which probably doesn't sit well with people on all sides, especially when you've just come back and it's like, "Who the hell is this hag?" I'm not sure why you're judging your displeasure based on raiding woes. I think you would have fun just joining Gaudi/Mag in more conflict events, and that's where everyone fights nowadays anyway. I also think that Celest would be more empathetic with leaving you alone (and not helping Seren) if you didn't go out of your way to try to piss them off, but I probably didn't have to say that. You know what you're doing. :)
    I'm definitely impatient. :( I totally admit to antagonizing Celest, and it's actually not Celest that bugs me! I'm cool with the conflict there, both sides RP it out, it's copacetic. I honestly have no OOC issue with how Celest is doing things, it's purely RP. Getting attacked/jumped is actually more exciting than the tedium or repetitious raids for me. It's really how my side reacts to it, and it's characters I've played with forever. It's being bored and wanting to engage in PK my side constantly pulling on the reigns, and then wagging their finger over something stupid like walking in on the Gaudi v celest/halli/seren ordeal. I actually had no idea what was going on, I saw someone die to lobs, went to check it out and got a tahto to the face, then a shofa to the face, and so I stuck around. I explain that to my side and the Court goes "oh you should have just left." What. The first interesting bout of PK for me in a while, and I didn't even start it, and they want me to just peace out. I didn't even complain about Kierstin attacking me, I get it. It was assumed I was part of the gank and so I was targeted. We PK'd it out. I was cool. Then I get bitchy referendums about me and drama. The PK is fun, when I can find it, the drama is getting old. 

Part of it is also I just hate leading, and I inevitably end up leading raids just because I'm obvious PK person and I collect people in my entourage just by being present. I'm a decentish teacher (sometimes. maybe.), but people tend to just die when I lead. It's probably selfish, but yeah, it's PKing with friends and people who know what they are doing that is the most exciting. 
    @Celina for the record, I wasn't mad we fought, after you explained your side, I did realize I acted against you first thinking you were apart of the group. I don't think I was a douche about it though, was I?

No! Not at all. I don't even mind we fought. I even told people I totally get why you did, I probably would have done the same.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Wow... cool-headed @Lerad lost his cool.

Never thought I'd see that day

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Phulbelishi I keep reading your name as Phil Belushi. That is all.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm not the only one.  Thank goodness.
    Arcanis said:

3. To the people that state they contacted me. Firstly Celina your first contact to me was insults and harassment, of course im going to ignore you. You're not known for your people skills. Lerad, I explained to you that Glomdoring needed to be punished and would be. I do believe the term I used and have been continously using is "All actions have consequences, and Glom will not get away without punishment".

lol@harassment. Lolx2@calling out someone's "people skills." 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ya'll are arguing so loudly, you woke up Ixion.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited April 2015
    Celina said:

Edit: Davos is right. I'll just take a step back. Thanks for your input, @Steingrim. I appreciate it, even if you're trying to mischaracterize what I've said. Hopefully that won't happen moving forward!

None was intentionally meant. If I misunderstood, I apologize.

Edit: I'll point out that my comments were not meant to be about north vs south. It just gets old people bringing up that classflex is apocalyptic. This isn't the first few months of classflexing. We don't have to theorycraft about the effects of classflexing.
  • Im so tempted to make yet another emotion martyr. A character who everyone ends up hating, almost united by their hared, and completely forgets about squabbles. Sort of a Hitler alt. but i dont think it would help nowadays.
    Steingrim said:

Celina said:

None was intentionally meant. If I misunderstood, I apologize.

Edit: I'll point out that my comments were not meant to be about north vs south. It just gets old people bringing up that classflex is apocalyptic. This isn't the first few months of classflexing. We don't have to theorycraft about the effects of classflexing.
    I don't think anyone has said is apocalyptic. RP and lore are Lusternia's strengths, classflex takes away from this is many ways. There are also valid balance concerns that should not be ignored that will become more prominent as time goes on and more people start flexing. That is what I express concern about. Not that it's going to end the game as we know it. 
  • edited April 2015
    Donato said:

but i dont think it would help at all, ever.

FTFY.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • Donato said:

The amount of times I had to clarify to people 'No no no 'Lusternia' is only a name, it's not LUST-ernia' i was trying to introduce to the game.

Try ``loost-ER-nia'' the next time you pronounce it... and wield a weapon.  That last bit helps in all my training seminars.
    <student> But I really don't want to query the database--
    <Delphas> *BLAM*
    Delphas shoots the poor, zero level peasant in the face.
    <Delphas> By a show of hands, does anyone else here want to fuck around and jack off instead of listening to the words coming out of my mouth?
    </RANT>
  • Renna said:

Man. All the cool things happen when I'm not around.

You do realize we time it that way?
    > SHOUT is Renna around?
    ::get response::
    > SHOUT Cool! Everyone set Ethereal and Glomdoring on fire.
    </RANT>
  • Renna said:

Whoever decided 100 fae was a reasonable guild task was mean. I can't even imagine actually getting the 200 needed for the next level of that task. I've died three different times just today trying to get this task done.
    :((

Just stick with the easy-pickings until you build your confidence.  It was never intended that you gather all at once, but over the course of a week or two.  Nihilists have a similar practice (usually reserved for punishment since empowering demons is a *responsibility*), and we don't ever ask ``WTF?!? I told you to empower 200 demons just 15 minutes ago, and you've only managed 10! Worthless!!''.

Hang in there and you'll do it before you know it.
    </RANT>
  • Renna said:

I don't understand what the point of Karma cursing is. Someone jumps me for no apparent reason on Prime, so hey, I can curse them. Except it will take me three times as much Karma to curse them as it will for them to lift it. How's that fair? I'm the one that got murdered.

And who doesn't just have 25 Karma at any given moment? I've got two blessings and I've got 80 Karma. He wouldn't even have the curse long enough to matter.

I love karma curses.  I think I coasted from level 60 to 75 just by karma-cursing.
    </RANT>
  • Geez man. You can include all that in one post, you know.
  • Syrennia said:

Geez man. You can include all that in one post, you know.

Yes, but I like to respond as I see themstrike when the iron is hot.
    </RANT>
  • Donato said:

but i dont think it would help at all, ever.

FTFY.

You'd be surprised. We're talking 4 years ago but effective. Better than a million tiny squabbles.
  • Little wonder our enemies hated
    The sight of the one sided hat
    They knew wherever they saw it
    Was not the place to be at.
    Because even if both sides had run out of bullets
    They had learned ... there was one left to fear
    The digger ... with the heart of the bushman
    A bayonet ... and a sunburnt left ear.

Lest we forget.
  • I...I don't think Glomdoring is toxic at all. Everyone has been super nice in character, and the few times we've had to go out of character for triggers/coding information, everyone's still just as nice. The only rude people I see come from Magnagora, to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.