Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Talan said:
    The difference between 22 and 25 charisma is huge. I am an ugly peasant and it is making me super sad.

Disclaimer: This lament is not intended to be used as justification for any nerfing/buffing. I'm not talking about the effects of influence/charisma on village mobs.

Welcome to my world. Though I only sit at 21 most of the time. It's a tough life. I cannot wait until  influencing isn't linked to charisma!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    She went from spec bard to mage.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Dracnari bard is so nice, even if not Loltrill.
    WTB Loltrill charisma. 50 credits is first offer
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    Shaddus said:
    She went from spec bard to mage.
    whaaaaaat? Here I thought that -was- spec bard. Goes to show how much Irontongue Viscanti had the short stick. I could only ever hit 22cha with all the buffs under the sun including a truefavour. Lame. :(

• Something isn't adding up to me.
    How can you get 22 cha? 

14 unweighted - thought you could only get +5 on top of that - so 19.
    Wow I totally remembered wrong. I get more CHA as a brewmeister dwarf than an irontongue viscanti with highmagic. Spec bard is 19 with Highmagic(netzach), throne, beauty blessing, charismaticaura and 2 TF. Brewmeister dwarf with same buffs except netzach I hit 22.

WHAT THE FRACK. The sooner the racial overhaul is done the better.

• That's what you get for being UGLY ON THE INSIDE
  • Non-irontongue viscanti. Suffering.
  • Lavinya said:
    Wow I totally remembered wrong. I get more CHA as a brewmeister dwarf than an irontongue viscanti with highmagic. Spec bard is 19 with Highmagic(netzach), throne, beauty blessing, charismaticaura and 2 TF. Brewmeister dwarf with same buffs except netzach I hit 22.

WHAT THE FRACK. The sooner the racial overhaul is done the better.
    The most amusing part is how Irontongue Viscanti is strictly worse than Master Viscanti.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I wish I was not literally incapable of having two conversations at once. :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I just apparently broke the live feed on Iron Realms by opening it with Opera. All of them flew by in such a giant rush that I could barely make out anything, at certain points it was just blue bars dropping on top of each other with no room for me to actually see anything! I swear I saw myself hit demigod in there, so I hit at least 3/4 months of backlog, and that was after it slowed down enough for me to see (after about 10 minutes). Did I just watch IRE get born up to its current point?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    I just apparently broke the live feed on Iron Realms by opening it with Opera. All of them flew by in such a giant rush that I could barely make out anything, at certain points it was just blue bars dropping on top of each other with no room for me to actually see anything! I swear I saw myself hit demigod in there, so I hit at least 3/4 months of backlog, and that was after it slowed down enough for me to see (after about 10 minutes). Did I just watch IRE get born up to its current point?
    It happens if you leave it open and do something like close your laptop. When you open it the next time it all scrolls by.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I've never opened the live feed on Opera, before! That could be it <.<
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Some people get really bitter.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I wasn't going to say it, but I have to. I am so damn salty about the Minstrelry report being accepted without any concessions to the comments provided. Any hey, let's throw some drunkenness on top, anyway.

Please, everyone at once, commence threads and messaging to @Synkarin about the failure of the Envoy system.

And no, I'm not actually serious about crucifying envoys who are just trying to do their job. I am merely pointing out the parallels and reiterating how it was not fair to do it to me.

Goosfrabaaa. Now I can have peace.

Really, kudos on getting a new mechanic for your guild. I'm getting a pretty good envoy education too, though I'm not sure if I enjoy looking at the game from this perspective. I just want to crusade against ebil. :/

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2015
    Key difference: Synkarin was honest and upfront and you were not. I like you, even after your shackles shennanigans, but this is a hot pile of garbage. You know why you were crucified, and that is because you were dishonest. 

edit: There will always be changes that go through that some, or many, disagree with and for the most part envoys don't really hold grudges over reports that get through (for long any ways) so long as the envoy was scrupulous. Disagreeing with a report does not mean the system failed. The system does fail when one envoy hides their intent beneath an admin initiated report, only to come out after the fact and state they disagreed with the admin but were okay with the changes anyways. 

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    @Celina, I was extremely transparent in my rationale for shackles, which I placed in the report. Whether you disagree with that rationale or not does not make me dishonest. I was asked whether I thought that Celestines should have shackles and gave my opinion. It was not a question of achieving some equality between old and new pledges, and I never said it was, if that is what you are still trying to imply. 

@Synkarin, I also gave concessions and compromised by suggesting that shackles not synergize with inquisition. And there were a number of envoys against your report or certain aspects of it.

Again, I'm not trying to fault Synkarin, and I give him kudos for sticking to his guns and making his case.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You said 'no concessions were given to comments.' But I just showed how they were, at least on my end.

Yes, there were some but pretty much every envoy except those in Celest (and like Jaamil but he said he was okay with alternative solutions being presented) was against shackles. The same was not true for my report. 

Additionally, I gave(am giving?) up a really strong mechanic to ask for what I'm getting. Celestines got handed shackles on a golden platter after giving up next to nothing. 

As I said, the big thing is, two completely different scenarios. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited June 2015
    Uh the envoy system didn't fail because this report went through the proper channels, wasn't unilaterally left to sidds decision, and actually had discussion from people on both sides of the fence.

Little dramatic, lots of salt. Still the prime example of envoy system failure.

In fact, this is an example of how you should argue for upgrades, plenty of actual numbers.

Edit: not to mention that minstrels did give up something unlike celestines, like it or not.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited June 2015
    Ummm........ What?!?

Estarra specifically mentioned that the Celestines were complaining about not having full Pledges. Here's a shocker for you: even after all the changes, the Nihilists still won't have full pledges.

And before any of these changes have gone through, yet we've all known what's going to be changed, but since Saesh left, not a single person has tried helping out the Nihilists fix things. Not a single Admin.

Estarra went specifically to you, to talk to you about the lack of pledges. And then the report went through in one day.

No one has come to me besides saying that "You can resubmit the report." No one has said any of ideas of what to replace it, no one has asked me for my opinion, and no one has even bothered to talk about it since I've failed to do anything. 

Literally, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE FOR THE NIHILISTS. Yet Estarra specifically mentioned hearing that the Celestines were complaining about not having full pledges, and went out of her way to solve the report for you. Once again, nothing has been done for the Nihilists, we will soon not have full pledges again, our pledges make no sense, and the one good thing we had going for was given to the Celestine..

Oh yeah, and the Celestine Envoy didn't say a thing at all during the report, so don't say anything along the lines of its up to the envoy to solve it. It obviously isn't, they solved it without using the Celestine envoy. Oh and the report was up for a 24 hours.

This is literally how the Envoy system was designed to work with this Minstrely report, and it was circumvented to assist you, and only Celestines. If you are unable to see it, what else can be said?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The majority of that isn't @Kaimanahi though, it's the Celestine envoy and administration. I'm a little confused why @Kaimanahi bore/is bearing the brunt of 'crucifixion' for any of that - besides the obvious thematics.
    She isn't, nor do I think she ever did.

I've pointed out the failure of the Envoy system enough, and the terrible decision by Estarra. The choice is all on Estarra.

Kelly just feels like defending Estarra.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Other people in this thread (and evidently beyond) who have far less claim to frustration than you do seem to carry a lot of animosity towards Kelly about it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2015
    I'm not implying anything, I'm stating it outright. I'm also stating outright that you are still being dishonest, because you have since said openly that you disagreed with the administration in that shackles was not an equitable replacement for the lost pact powers, but you supported it anyways because you thought Celestines needed more hindering. I don't know how you could possibly explain that very explanation that you gave and remain consistent with the post quoted above. 

It was always about achieving equality between old and new pact powers. Always. Estarra stated it very specifically during the discussion surrounding this report. It has been stated openly by Baelor and other administrators that the primary goal of reports during the overhaul is to first maintain the status quo. 

IF you had been honest, you would have said "I don't agree with the intent of this report as initiated by Estarra, shackles is much more powerful than what Celestines lost. However I still support this report because I believe Celestines need more hindering."

This right here is why you were "crucified."

There are lots of idiots.

Kelly should be absolved of all this, she's a player playing a game.

Its the administration decision, it was the administration decision to put a report through in one day, and it was an administrative decision to take information only from the Celestine envoy when it involved both Celestines and Nihilists.

Don't direct your ire towards Kelly, give it to Estarra and Baelor.

We are now going on two months since the decision, and still nothing has been done for the Nihilists, when it was specifically done for the Celestines. We are going on two months now since the system was abused for only one City/Guild when there are a lot of problems with other Guilds/Skills/Cities.

Its a joke. The decision should've been reversed, the report should've been put through the proper channels, or every single one of our guilds should get a one day report too.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    To be fair Kelly is the face of the entire thing, Saoirse just seems content to go with Kelly's opinion. Haven't heard a peep from her since becoming envoy.

That's probably why.

Oh yeah, and Kelly was the one who ultimately okayed the whole thing.

Yeah..
    If you can't tell yet,

I will always be incredibly bitter and pissed off about this decision, and my time in the game has fallen drastically since.

It was bullshit, and it still is, and every day that passes that the Nihilists are stuck with a broken class just makes it more and more of a pathetic joke.

The Nihilist envoy wasn't even consulted for the decisions about the Nihilists! How can you even reasonably defend this?
This discussion has been closed.