Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tremula said:
    ...do ganks against rogues break NPAs? Asking for a friend.
    Don't see why they would. A rogue isn't a part of any organization so doesn't benefit of the protection offered by any organization or their treaties.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tremula said:
    ...do ganks against rogues break NPAs? Asking for a friend.
    Well, if you're in territory claimed by the others, probably.  In neutral territory?  The rogue has no organizational ties, and thus no treaty protections apply.
  • Lavinya said:

Can I just say, I have zero reason to make it up. I'm not the type of person who griefs or whatever. I get she had friends and she's told you all I am some tyrant...but she's playing you for fools here, I'm sorry.

Manteekan applauded me for my post.

You want to know what I find distasteful, @Arcanis? Someone posting to the city while the bloodfaire still had over a month to go, bitching about the very newly raised ascendants and how incompetent they are, and calling for someone to come contest the evil warlord that is hosting the event. While being the culture minister and refusing to do so much as participate in the biggest event held in Magnagora for 4 RL years, and now than that, some how being the authority on the event you didn't attend and spreading around how it wasnt memorable and was a pathetic dull attempt.... yeah you're one to talk about classy posts. Get back in your box.

@Arcanis said the bloodfaire was not memorable??? Hell I only attended a part of it and I can assure you I found it quite memorable.

Perhaps Magnagora needs a Minister of Culture who actually knows thier job.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Makaela said:
    Can I just say, I have zero reason to make it up. I'm not the type of person who griefs or whatever. I get she had friends and she's told you all I am some tyrant...but she's playing you for fools here, I'm sorry. Manteekan applauded me for my post. You want to know what I find distasteful, @Arcanis? Someone posting to the city while the bloodfaire still had over a month to go, bitching about the very newly raised ascendants and how incompetent they are, and calling for someone to come contest the evil warlord that is hosting the event. While being the culture minister and refusing to do so much as participate in the biggest event held in Magnagora for 4 RL years, and now than that, some how being the authority on the event you didn't attend and spreading around how it wasnt memorable and was a pathetic dull attempt.... yeah you're one to talk about classy posts. Get back in your box.
    @Arcanis said the bloodfaire was not memorable??? Hell I only attended a part of it and I can assure you I found it quite memorable. Perhaps Magnagora needs a Minister of Culture who actually knows thier job.
    It was those very comments that prompted a petition to remove him, which was signed by a majority of the Council among many others. So, now we do.

• Oh yay! In other news...

Never doing any ig writing from my phone again... god my news post was hard to read
  • Finally people can stop accusing me of strip harvesting. Jerks. :(
    Now I gotta grief Ayi for people giving me so much unnecessary grief.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    So, uhh, you know there's LASTHARVEST in Herbs now, right? There really shouldn't be a huge debate over who stripharvested or not. Just FYI!
  • Well I know when achaea still had strip harvesting Last Harvest did not show who it was if the last plant got harvested. Not sure about here.. this is why achaea in the end just made it impossible to harvest below a certain point.

• Makaela said:
    Well I know when achaea still had strip harvesting Last Harvest did not show who it was if the last plant got harvested. Not sure about here.. this is why achaea in the end just made it impossible to harvest below a certain point.
    Why? Because conflict is bad? Is it really possible for one player to completely harvest all the plants everywhere without someone stopping them?

Not trying to be trollish, I just genuinely don't understand the mentality of removing a potential source of conflict and/or rp, and I don't know that much about harvesting in Lusternia. Is it being abused?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    LASTHARVEST doesn't work when there are no plants in the room. So, it does nothing to determine who completely stripped the entire place. Except when someone catches them at it, of course.

Apparently it being a bug that entire planes are cleared is more plausible than it being someone who it turns out MANY have suspected and or witnessed doing it. The number of tells and messages I have received after my post thanking me for drawing attention to it because they long suspected her, or caught her and weren't believed is surprisingly large. Maybe she doesn't always do it, maybe she never has before, who knows? But this time, she DID. Spitefully.

• Kaimanahi said:
    So, uhh, you know there's LASTHARVEST in Herbs now, right? There really shouldn't be a huge debate over who stripharvested or not. Just FYI!
    But if the herb is stripped down to nothing, it doesn't show on lastharvest.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • @Kethaera Achaea there was no conflict over it becuase of the fact they could sttip harvest at no penalty. Apparently that is the case here. And in achaea people have stripped harvested the mainland before anyone could figure out it happened.

• Oakstone would have your ass!
  • edited June 2015
    Except Oakstone failed in that duty because there was no way to know who did it. Which is why certain herbs actually got as high as 450 gold per.

Lusternia at least has a small playerbase which protects it from this kind of escalation in pricing.

Edit: Although we could form a Org via clan thats sole purpose is to hunt down strip harvesters.

Edit 2: Starting wirk on forming such a group. Please no one steal this idea :(
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2015

Kethaera said;
    Why? Because conflict is bad? Is it really possible for one player to completely harvest all the plants everywhere without someone stopping them?

Yes. And they can do it when no one will notice (until far afterwards), thereby removing all 'RP' and 'conflict'.

EDIT: @Makaela It's a giant headache to do something like that in any capacity beyond pure RP, trust.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2015
    Well my computer crashed and I had to restore factory settings. I was debating a guild change, and now the desire to not rewrite my toad script plus this makes that decision easier
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Btw policing plants is about as effective as policing tree-chopping. 

• Nymerya said:
    You know what would be amazing? If certain people in Magnagora would cease to hit on novices. I have thus far been creeped by at three individuals, all of which have been in a position of authority. Speaking to other newer players, they've all experienced the same thing. 
    This is so creepy, and it's definitely not just Magnagora, though it's much worse when it's someone in a position of authority. I've had this happen with pretty much every alt I've ever created.

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • From even a purely selfish viewpoint, it's a huge drama minefield to wander into. Even if the novice is the one doing the flirting, reciprocating is gonna make you look creepy.. best just to nope right away from the topic.
  • @Enyalida @Shuyin maybe on an individual basis. But enough people from each faction may nake it less of a headache and more effective.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Tridemon said:
    Ayi doesn't strip harvest. I've watched her harvest for hours on end, and trust me, she doesn't strip harvest.
    I warned her weeks ago already that if she ever returned to Earth, she will be enemied permanently.

You reap what you sow.

Shame on Ayi.

Nymerya said:
    You know what would be amazing? If certain people in Magnagora would cease to hit on novices. I have thus far been creeped by at three individuals, all of which have been in a position of authority. Speaking to other newer players, they've all experienced the same thing. 
    Its so sad, and it makes me feel terrible. The terrible thing, its not that much different from what some people have to go through in real life.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nobody ever hits on my alts :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Nobody ever hits on my alts :(
    People can't hit on themselves  :-??
  • Silvanus said:

Nymerya said:
    Its so sad, and it makes me feel terrible. The terrible thing, its not that much different from what some people have to go through in real life.

I honestly think that's why I'm so bothered by this right now. I know exactly what it's like to be put in this position, and in a game that's supposed to be free of gender bias and a safe place, the fact these people are actively attempting to engage in sexual play with people they have only just met, sometimes for that day, and in many cases, without ever engaging them in any sort of roleplay or other discussion, is totally uncomfortable to me. 
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Nymerya said:
    Silvanus said:

Nymerya said:

I honestly think that's why I'm so bothered by this right now. I know exactly what it's like to be put in this position, and in a game that's supposed to be free of gender bias and a safe place, the fact these people are actively attempting to engage in sexual play with people they have only just met, sometimes for that day, and in many cases, without ever engaging them in any sort of roleplay or other discussion, is totally uncomfortable to me. 
    I just hope that, at the very least, those certain individuals come across this and feel the cold burden of shame. They know who they are.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • It figures that the one time I get the clues wrong for the Throne puzzle, there's a whole crowd of people watching.

It's all Serenwilde's fault. Somehow.
This discussion has been closed.