Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Numen: changed as a result of the Buff Overhaul, a smaller part of the overall Combat Overhaul.

Shackles: given to Celestines due to a specific report regarding pledges. According to Estarra, the aim of the pledge report was to make sure all Supernals/DLs had a full 5 pledge options, while not replicating pledges that those respective guilds can already access. This is the defense that Celestines keep repeating (aside from It's All The Admin's Fault).

Except Nihilists still don't have 5 pledges for DL. Lol, that's so reassuring for the future of combat balance. I don't even.

You know what a balanced (note: balanced, not good) compromise would be? Give Nihilists passive Inquisition. It can't stack with shackles, of course, in the spirit of balance.

• Before it diverges, no, giving anyone passive Inquisition would not be balanced. Yes, it's an example. No, it's not a literal suggestion before anyone takes it there,
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I have no idea where you are coming from here, Kalliste.  In the buff overhaul thread, I suggested that people should envoy things if they wanted to try and shore up any perceived weaknesses.  I never even once said I would blindly support any and all changes (because that would be just a tad bit absurd).  In addition, changes were made to the class after I finalized and submitted the report and it is my job, as an envoy, to consider the overall balance of the game.  The balance of Celestines has changed drastically between when I wrote that post and now, and I am obligated to consider that while discussing further changes to the class.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Kalliste said:
    Lavinya said:
    I don't think the complaints about shackles were purely 'Shackles too OP'. The whole process, as anyone can agree, was shady. There is an opposing guild who have lost a whole bunch of unique skills that were not only overlooked, but had one of their last remaining unique powers given elsewhere (which was generally considered not needed.)

Insinuating otherwise is rude. It looks to me like Baelor has given you guys a chance to go through the proper channels with this report, like everyone else does, and remove all the complaints. But instead you're going to refuse because people are upset by your special treatment and buff? No wonder people get so frustrated with the envoy system. Wow, just wow.
    I can't speak for what our envoy will decide to do. I know I wouldn't walk into an environment as hostile as envoys is with a request to rework pledges right after we finally (after months and months) get our pledges resolved.

I find it a bit disheartening that you and others keep insinuating that the Celestines are somehow responsible for bad the position the nihilists have ended up in. I personally reached out to Silvanus OOCly on more than one occasion to try to discuss envoy issues in an attempt to understand if our guilds were facing similar issues (regarding pledges/pacts and other things). If his reactions to me were any indication of how he acted as an envoy, I suspect he was personifying his title as the "voice of malcontent" a bit too much. I thought it was really unfortunate that he made an envoy report in January, then withdrew it, then put it forward again in June, and then resigned (resulting in its deletion). Zero finalized reports in 6 months... the Celestines must be really good at keeping your envoy distracted.
    Whoa, this is completely false. In fact, I have helped the Celestine Envoys out before. There was a previous Pledge report before the Overhaul began that was created with my input. In fact, report 1266 is from my Pact comparisons to Celestines, even though it was rejected.

Ultimately, if I don't have a previous relationship with you, I'm not open to speaking on OOC terms mostly. I am more than helpful when I'm willing, and often help out anyone, regardless of side (see forum posts regarding combat advice). 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I could stand to hear more about Celina's shadowy left tit.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I almost responded to a post seven pages back because I failed to notice the forums will bookmark where I left off or something.  :|

I can barely manage to get anything right of late.

• My poor, poor Raise Staff. Went from +20 weighted damage to +2/8.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2015
    Wasn't it once outside of the dmp system?

Dat whirl staff tho.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @Celina is wrong, though. There's one set of defensive skills that didn't really get nuked. Psymet got squished a little. Of course, everyone says it's no good for fighting compared to acrobatics, so there's that. And I still can't handle psychic, poison or divinus damage

I think psymet needs to be buffed. Moar psychic resistance plz. :P

• I can't find real life equals to the forest bards :\
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Shaddus said:
    And how does the right one always manage to get full sun? 
  • Ellowyn said:
    Shaddus said:
    And how does the right one always manage to get full sun? 
    It's her rare artifact the Sun-Chases-Night Bra. She just never changes the settings.
  • Hallifax bards:

The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited June 2015
    I'm worried that this Greek explosion in Hallifax is going to draw attention and shade on the Symphonium's blatant use of RL music terms and Italian. We did it first and classier, I promise. :(

edited June 2015
    Silea said:
    I can't find real life equals to the forest bards :\

Really? Spiritsingers are literal bards, the thing that the name comes from. They're basically skalds. Harbingers are like the morrigan's banshee, who scream portents of death (bringing it down, in fact) of those who are to die.

Maligorn said:
    I'm worried that this Greek explosion in Hallifax is going to draw attention and shade on the Symphonium's blatant use of RL music terms and Italian. We did it first and classier, I promise. :(

It's messing with guild plans for us too :C
  • edited June 2015

Gaudi Bards

:image
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Silea said:

Gaudi Bards

:image
    That new signature is extremely distracting.
  • Apparently that is what people say I am 

A giant derpy charmander >_>
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Akyaevin said:
    My poor, poor Raise Staff. Went from +20 weighted damage to +2/8.
    Sounds like you came out ahead. Conductive amplifier went from +20 to +1/8

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Still wondering why necromancers don't get an out-of-phase attack. 

You mean to tell me we can't whip ghosts? Pfft.
    Vetala said:
    Still wondering why necromancers don't get an out-of-phase attack. 

EVOKE KETHER <target>

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Vetala said:

EVOKE KETHER <target>
    That's not necromancy, that's highmagic.
    Vetala said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Vetala said:

EVOKE KETHER <target>
    That's not necromancy, that's highmagic.
    That's all you get. That's all a runist/DW mage gets. That's all a researcher gets. And so on and so forth. Psi blade is actually the exception to the rule.

• Elanorwen said:

That's all you get. That's all a runist/DW mage gets. That's all a researcher gets. And so on and so forth. Psi blade is actually the exception to the rule.
    Does dreamweaving burst no longer exist?
    Burst requires dreambody, and is generally weaker (iirc) than kethers/violets.
  • It still exists, though. Wait, was the inquiry from a mechanic point of view or an rp point of view?
  • Qistrel said:
    @Celina is wrong, though. There's one set of defensive skills that didn't really get nuked. Psymet got squished a little. Of course, everyone says it's no good for fighting compared to acrobatics, so there's that. And I still can't handle psychic, poison or divinus damage

I think psymet needs to be buffed. Moar psychic resistance plz. :P

Lerad and I are kinda working on that one report at a time.
This discussion has been closed.