Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• I've been on both sides of ganks like that. Where everyone's focusing on stopping the target from running away, so no-one's actually killing them.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Most of my ganks go the other way. Everyone just facerolls their damage button and forgets to hinder. 
  • Substitute was used when you bought artifacts via the website (generally in artifact packages). That way, you could buy an upgraded rune that way, and get a full refund of your old rune via the substitute command.
  • Whee, people using OOC info for IG purposes
  • Arix said:
    Whee, people using OOC info for IG purposes
    Do you mean the ribbachi? I thought that was IC info, though I admit it's a bit borderline.
  • No, not that. Though I don't imagine ribbachi are a common problem, given the difficulty of navigating Hallifax blind, and that for a long time I wasn't sending any there. I suppose you could have a trigger or something, but if not, it did ping as suspicious given one of my recent forum posts referenced a conversation at the Matrix
  • Arix said:
    No, not that. Though I don't imagine ribbachi are a common problem, given the difficulty of navigating Hallifax blind, and that for a long time I wasn't sending any there. I suppose you could have a trigger or something, but if not, it did ping as suspicious given one of my recent forum posts referenced a conversation at the Matrix
    Ah, Shedrin is just really paranoid. He's constantly checking for ribbachi, hounds, masked monks, etc.
  • No, someone else was using minor OOC info in a minorly IC way, and I was irritated enough by it to throw up a vaguepost that I'm already regretting. I do have to wonder, how often do you see ribbachi at the Matrix that AREN'T mine? Just curious who else put in the effort to make it work
  • Arix said:
    No, someone else was using minor OOC info in a minorly IC way, and I was irritated enough by it to throw up a vaguepost that I'm already regretting. I do have to wonder, how often do you see ribbachi at the Matrix that AREN'T mine? Just curious who else put in the effort to make it work
    You're the only one that I can remember in a long while.
  • That's cuz people are too lazy, I figured out how to get there through trial and error. You think navigating Hallifax is weird, try doing it essentially blind with no map. Although I did eventually bribe a novice for a map so...
  • Arix said:
    That's cuz people are too lazy, I figured out how to get there through trial and error. You think navigating Hallifax is weird, try doing it essentially blind with no map. Although I did eventually bribe a novice for a map so...
    I imagine a big part of it is that there's actually not too many interesting conversations going on at the Matrix most of the time.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Should be sending them to the teahouse.  :>
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ... If you're trying to get something to the Matrix, why not stand just outside Hallifax and PATH FIND HALLIFAX so you can send your thingy along that path exactly?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I don't actually know where that is
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I have a mapper function that sends bond movement commands instead of moving me to instantly zoom my beast to wherever, as long as you can get there with regular walks. Makes it really easy. 
  • You know the highway that goes north form Magnagora?
    Just go up that way and look for a NE right fork.
    It connects to N/S road, one of the mountain roads the scholars are all on.
    But instead of getting on that road, keep going up. That sphere summons the elevator. But you don't need that, you need to find teh power thingy and climb up that.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tridemon said:
    ... If you're trying to get something to the Matrix, why not stand just outside Hallifax and PATH FIND HALLIFAX so you can send your thingy along that path exactly?
    I could have, but i was really bored and working it out the hard way gave me something to focus on
  • D: Is the family consider thing broken for everyone, or is it just me who is banned from reproducing right now? 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I totally want to put gnomes on the Ninjakari restricted races list...

I'm not biased at all.

Qistrel said:

I totally want to put gnomes on the Ninjakari restricted races list...

I'm not biased at all.

Are those lists going to stick around in a stateless world?
    I used to make cakes.

• Oh yeah, good point. There's no real need for that anymore now.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lerad said:
    Oh yeah, good point. There's no real need for that anymore now.
    So you want kephera in the nekotai?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Glom has accepted Keph before. Tau can veto and keep the Keph restricted, I guess, but races like Igasho and the sort no longer need to be restricted.

Yes, why not? It seems like a perfect RP opportunity. 
    I used to make cakes.

There is actually still a reason for them.

We don't want merians, elfen or kephera in our guild. We only ever restricted those, because, we don't want them.

I like that we can encourage new players towards illithoid, viscanti, and orclach, because those races are better, ask any Mag. RP! But also say that any race (barring the 3) is perfectly ok.

Honestly, I'd prefer Mag not to ban any races, and have evil dark elves, and traitor keph. That would be fun to me. But, it's the city rules, and I don't see it being changed ever, for reasons Fain.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    PSA: You don't need to die to reincarnate anymore, you dorks.

edited June 2015
    You actually do if you're not a newbie. I went and tried on one of my characters and it was like 'You need to be dead to reincarnate'.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Walk into the Portal of Fate room, not outside, and REINCARNATE INTO <race>. You get a message like...

You place your hands upon the Portal of Fate and wow isn't that weird? It's like a portal but you can put your hands on it you'd think you were stepping in or something idk it might just be me not remembering you do actually do it and hey look at that, aren't you really a Tae'Dae? Let's fix that. You fully recognise your sharded form as being true and step forward ready to walk the path as a Tae'Dae.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Odd. Was sure I was inside the portal. I'll try again.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm a Kephera. In Glom. 
This discussion has been closed.