Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Vetala said:

???
    I don't think that was a jab, tbh.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Vetala said:

???
    Then I am deeply confused about the meaning.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Kethaera said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Vetala said:

???
    No, I mean, I don't think you were trying to condescend her. OR WERE YOU?

:P

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Your apology was in a different thread, thought that was about something else.

More to the point, I've only been messing with pk because it's expected of me. I'm opting out either way, but I still maintain that I'd like a flag to hardcode it. I'm a huge fan of the "don't like it, don't play" attitude around here, seems awfully bizzare that you folks are opposed to it being systematic too.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Kethaera said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Vetala said:

???
    No, I mean, I don't think you were trying to condescend her. OR WERE YOU?

:P
    Not really, I thought it was more about making fun of myself for joining the revolt right after bashing Astral... and that it would have been more silly to complain about how hard it was, since it was my choice :) 

But after the fact, I realized it might have come across as a sarcastic jab at @Vetala, which it wasn't supposed to be. Sorry, @Eritheyl, context is hard to figure out sometimes!
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

Kethaera said:

But after the fact, I realized it might have come across as a sarcastic jab at @Vetala, which it wasn't supposed to be. Sorry, @Eritheyl, context is hard to figure out sometimes!
    I too suffer from being oft misunderstood, but on the other hand I am also a huge bitch almost all of the time, so. I feel you to a point!

We're almost all friends here :x

-

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Vetala said:
    Your apology was in a different thread, thought that was about something else.

More to the point, I've only been messing with pk because it's expected of me. I'm opting out either way, but I still maintain that I'd like a flag to hardcode it. I'm a huge fan of the "don't like it, don't play" attitude around here, seems awfully bizzare that you folks are opposed to it being systematic too.
    Because as Xenthos pointed out, if it's abusable, people will abuse it, and he gave some great examples of it.

You know what plenty of people do in Magnagora when they don't want to participate? They go to their manse. They pretend to be afk. They log out. Yes it's our rp to expect everyone to work to empower the Engine, but the only people who have ever gotten in trouble are those that openly and obnoxiously refuse to help. Like the time Xaldrin refused to help with a revolt I think it was? Because he was busy making pants for a relative of his. And he was open about some guy's pants being more important.

Other people also use reasons like, 'I am ill-equipped right now' or even 'I'm afraid I would be of no assistance right now'...maybe it would be a blatant lie, but who cares? Oocly you avoid what you don't like while IC you have a legitimate reason to avoid negative repercussions. Lusternia is supposed to be a world in turmoil and facing constant dangers. Opting out of that seems to completely against the lore of the whole game.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Most combatants can't even kill an equal combatant on their own, so never get discouraged if you can't do that. The most important part about Combat is your survival techniques and your ability to work along with others. It is pretty hard to fight a solo fight in Lusternia if one side doesn't want it, support can usually get to you in a matter of seconds.

If it's not your thing, then it isn't your thing, and that's no big deal. Just don't get discouraged if you can't kill by yourself or die very quickly to a group, not many can do both.

Personally for me, a lot of the joy of combat goes in preparing for it and thinking up the strategies, and then seeing those strategies work out. Combat itself can be very frustrating, like trying to go through WWI style trench warfare or just being overwhelmed so quickly during aeon/stun.

Just know during a revolt, CAMPAIGN SANCTUARY is your friend, don't be afraid to use it. You can still be useful without fighting during revolts and having those influencers behind the lines frees me up to wreak havoc.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • As an aside, I highly recommend everyone to grind up their organizational orgbixes for quick escape. It saves people a lot of the time once they get used to its indoors/distort limitation and is beautifully free, sans the effort invested to get it.
  • I often imagine @Kalnid in the library, sitting at the desk muttering to himself as he slowly builds himself a book fort, irritated at all the people who keep coming and disturbing his peace for silly things like -learning things- and -conversation-. Argh! 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Looks like this is PK for a while!

"Farewell, Princess Kelly." sings Taevyn, making a delicate, mercury-stained violin of clear diamond fairly weep with tragic notes, and he looks directly at you.Filled with a haunting sorrow and unlimited love, an excruciatingly beautiful note brings tears to your eyes and a lump to your throat. Time slows and momentarily a vision fills your eyes of a goddess floating over an ancient pool with tears streaming down her face.
    Suddenly your movements through the time stream are slowed.
    Your enhanced vivaciousness repels blackout.

Taevyn runs up to you and squeezes you in a painful, bone-crushing bearhug.

You are unable to smoke due to collapsed lungs.

Oh Celest.
  • I kinda hoped people wouldn't take advantage of the obviously broken, (hopefully) unintentional and awkward in-between-overhauls-phase, but then I remembered this is Lusternia.
  • Celina said:
    Looks like this is PK for a while!

"Farewell, Princess Kelly." sings Taevyn, making a delicate, mercury-stained violin of clear diamond fairly weep with tragic notes, and he looks directly at you.Filled with a haunting sorrow and unlimited love, an excruciatingly beautiful note brings tears to your eyes and a lump to your throat. Time slows and momentarily a vision fills your eyes of a goddess floating over an ancient pool with tears streaming down her face.
    Suddenly your movements through the time stream are slowed.
    Your enhanced vivaciousness repels blackout.

Taevyn runs up to you and squeezes you in a painful, bone-crushing bearhug.

You are unable to smoke due to collapsed lungs.

Oh Celest.

I kinda hoped people wouldn't take advantage of the obviously broken, (hopefully) unintentional and awkward in-between-overhauls-phase, but then I remembered this is Lusternia.

Taevyn using cheap and off-times broken tactics to try and get an advantage?? I would never have guessed
  • edited June 2015
    Refer to signiature.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• Taevyn said:
    Refer to signiature.

Im seeing 'It's Raining Men'.
  • edited June 2015
    Arcanis said:

Taevyn said:
    Refer to signiature.

Im seeing 'It's Raining Men'.
    Well, maybe you should go to school and learn to read. :)
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• I have signatures turned off. I can't remember why - does Lusternia allow gifs in sigs? That would do it.
  • Arcanis said:
    [stuff]
    Taevyn using cheap and off-times broken tactics to try and get an advantage?? I would never have guessed
    Did someone say Chasming when you couldn't tumble through walls?

• Akyaevin said:
    I have signatures turned off. I can't remember why - does Lusternia allow gifs in sigs? That would do it.
    There is no gif >.>

• Taevyn said:
    Arcanis said:
    [stuff]

I do love when people bring that up, and then I love mentioning how myself and others specifically asked envoys about it and it was conveyed to us that this was -indeed- a change that was suppose to work this way. It was only 1 week after that they decided to undo it.

But no, let us mention when Aeon was bugged to not be cured first by Soothing Steam and your raiding and ganks increased by double as you lording around Princessfarewelololing people, even when you were told several times to stop abusing the bug. Good lad :)
  • Arcanis said:
    Taevyn said:
    Arcanis said:
    [stuff]

I do love when people bring that up, and then I love mentioning how myself and others specifically asked envoys about it and it was conveyed to us that this was -indeed- a change that was suppose to work this way. It was only 1 week after that they decided to undo it.

But no, let us mention when Aeon was bugged to not be cured first by Soothing Steam and your raiding and ganks increased by double as you lording around Princessfarewelololing people, even when you were told several times to stop abusing the bug. Good lad :)
    Actually, no. I have a log of the conversation with the Oneiroi and they never once told me to stop. I can produce that for you if you like.

• Taevyn said:
    Arcanis said:
    Taevyn said:
    Arcanis said:
    [stuff]

Actually, no. I have a log of the conversation with the Oneiroi and they never once told me to stop. I can produce that for you if you like.

Ah yes, im sure a log of you talking with Oneiroi about ganks in general would define the act of abusing a game bug, or only recently you abusing another bug with the Throne by wasting charges when it was tuned to undead but not being slain when you touched it. Classy as always.
  • edited June 2015
    [stuff]
    Um, no. The conversation was specifically re. the 'aeon bug', which, they in fact, said I was not abusing as well. And people have been wasting charges on the Throne forever. Long before my time. From both sides.

• Taevyn said:
    [stuff]
    Um, no. The conversation was specifically re. the 'aeon bug', which, they in fact, said I was not abusing as well. And people have been wasting charges on the Throne forever. Long before my time. From both sides.

Strange how when it was mentioned to Mag, that most were surprised that could even work, and several of us immediately issued about it. Frankly, it seems your paranoia that 'other's were doing it' lead you to personally be abusing it. Im surprised you still havent been punished for all the crap you love abusing.

Also if the person in the Oneiroi shell said you were not abusing the bug, then they were severely misinformed and likely had no information regarding combat coding, since even a novice could see that Aeon was -not- being cured by Steam first which was obviously a mistake.
  • edited June 2015
    Arcanis said:
    Taevyn said:
    [stuff]

Strange how when it was mentioned to Mag, that most were surprised that could even work, and several of us immediately issued about it. Frankly, it seems your paranoia that 'other's were doing it' lead you to personally be abusing it. Im surprised you still havent been punished for all the crap you love abusing.

Also if the person in the Oneiroi shell said you were not abusing the bug, then they were severely misinformed and likely had no information regarding combat coding, since even a novice could see that Aeon was -not- being cured by Steam first which was obviously a mistake.
    I bet you don't even have any idea what the bug was, because, I bet you it is probably not what you think, in the slightest. Many people bugged it, and I talked to the Oneiroi about it, and that's the end of it.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    No one saw this coming at all.

Ah well, enjoy the ez kills. Maybe they'll stop complaining about having no hindering now.
  • Re: Humans

o  Level 50: Equilibrium reduction on FIRSTAID and DIAGNOSE. Humans with the
         HEALING tertiary gain 2/10 health regeneration instead.

Right so a skill only 4 guilds can learn, and all currently against the two which can't take healing, Gaudiguch and Magnagora. Proper balanced that. 

o  Level 25: 1/10 health regeneration in urban areas.

Yeah screw forest humans :P.

They need to just remove all the current race benefits and do more beta tasting. I mean, Jack of all Trades should mean we get a reduction on lesson loss as we can addapt better, because that's the original meaning.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm a big fan of the social contract in gaming - i.e. if you're going to abuse something, then, I am not going to play with you until you stop.

So...I'm checked out till this aeon/bearhug thing goes away. Don't ask me to defend stuff. We can always get more demons later.

• It actually doesn't matter really, we have so much power generation that Nil is tiny. We have other uses for angels in the ity, which seems to be the only reason why we would raid them. Sticky barbeque cherub wings anyone?
  • Qistrel said:
    I'm a big fan of the social contract in gaming - i.e. if you're going to abuse something, then, I am not going to play with you until you stop.

So...I'm checked out till this aeon/bearhug thing goes away. Don't ask me to defend stuff. We can always get more demons later.
    Curious.  I like the idea as a general principle, but does it ever actually work?  From the outside, it seems almost impossible that it would work (no matter how much I'd like it to).  
This discussion has been closed.