Ascension 2015

Comments

• I was fully expecting that question to be at least partial credit :/

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Have to agree with Iytha here, and some of the points were a bit off. 5 points for the Ladantine question?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I hate that insignificant spelling errors cost you points like this. It's not a spelling contest, it's a knowledge contest (even if it's a c/p thing) and given the question, I doubt anyone misunderstood that @Arcanis was refering to the correct god.

I may also be bitter because I missed a question for misspelling Lisaera as Liseara once.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • They did say spelling counts, and it has for a while as I recall.
    Yes, I know, I'm not disputing the rules, I'm saying it's a stupid rule

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • If that question was even partial credit, if he got 4 out of 8, he would have won the Seal.

I really think Kiradawea stole it. =/
  • Nope. I was still 5 points ahead of him at the end.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Yeah, 5 point gap, plus if he got partial credit for it, it could be argued she should've gotten a partial credit for 'Estelbar Juices', for example. I think the quizmaster was just averse to giving partials this time.
  • I know it's a bit late for this...since the event is today, but I would have hoped the Harmony event would have been a peaced event for obvious reasons. Harmony, thus influencing, has always been an art of a non-aggressive way of involving yourself in things (talking about the skills themselves, not events like village revolts).

When I heard it comes down to being chased around if you're scoring high, meh...

Would have been cool if someone can at least put down Campaigns during this event. I can see the strategies from now.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited January 2015
    Arcanis said:
    I know it's a bit late for this...since the event is today, but I would have hoped the Harmony event would have been a peaced event for obvious reasons. Harmony, thus influencing, has always been an art of a non-aggressive way of involving yourself in things (talking about the skills themselves, not events like village revolts).

When I heard it comes down to being chased around if you're scoring high, meh...

Would have been cool if someone can at least put down Campaigns during this event. I can see the strategies from now.
    Can still get debated while using campaigns. That said, debating you out is probably the best way to take you out of the competition. Killing you is by far the least favorite method because then you get avenger protection.

I guess best way is to stick you in a mono room (preferably with a door) and sic a couple of illum on you to just keep you there with ents.... until the end of time.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Last year, I flexed into Eco to use mystic pathways for fast travel, and hounded the lead person from the other alliance all of Nature. I'd declare her, and then just sit there shield stunning and handing her furrikin random wrong herbs. Super effective.
  • Enyalida said:
    Last year, I flexed into Eco to use mystic pathways for fast travel, and hounded the lead person from the other alliance all of Nature. I'd declare her, and then just sit there shield stunning and handing her furrikin random wrong herbs. Super effective.
    im afraid to ask what furrikin wrong herbs is...
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Arcanis said:
    Enyalida said:
    im afraid to ask what furrikin wrong herbs is...
    The wrong herbs, to her furrikin mobs. She meant Life, not Nature.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2015
    Gotdang forums mang, talkin bout dang ol' double posts mang.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Sorry yeah, Life. If you give them something that would cure an aff they don't have three times in a row, they die. So one strategy is, if your own champion can't get there before the enemy's, kill the 'kin.
  • Enyalida said:
    Sorry yeah, Life. If you give them something that would cure an aff they don't have three times in a row, they die. So one strategy is, if your own champion can't get there before the enemy's, kill the 'kin.

I laughed too hard at this.

...actually no. Die mini-furries die.
    Laughed too hard? I'm confused, this is how it's always been, why is it funny?
  • Enyalida said:
    Laughed too hard? I'm confused, this is how it's always been, why is it funny?
    The idea of the furrikin keeling over dead after not being given the right herb, is funny to me.
  • So how about that Harmony challenge? Was pretty exciting! I admit I felt bad for some influencers.
  • I made myself absent for Harmony. It riles my blood a little too much, even though I might've had a shot at placing at least. Too much anxiety.

I was instead hoping to back Pejat, who I know wanted to participate competitively, but @Pejat and @Skye have been MIA for about a month now. Worried about them.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Play to win. Kelly too good. We're just dirtier. Also wand too good.
    edited January 2015
    Kelly tells you "Dirty :(

All is fair in love and ascension

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I admit, I purposely was making sure I was not seen as a threat just to have peace in that event XD
    Hey depending on the number of entrants, can we do war all in one day?

I have to do some drinking on Sunday.
  • I object to your use of "have to".
    I do too, but I am weak against peer pressure.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'm working Sunday, so I second this.