Ascension 2015

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    What about people that have won multiple seals? Should anyone whose been a seal winner (which comes with special perks as well, a cubix+ and circlet, or you can trade it in for 2k credits) not be eligible to participate and compete to allow others who have not won the chance to win? By your same argument, they shouldn't be allowed to compete because they already won and received special perks. 

War teams have always faced ascendants, ascendants doesn't necessarily mean they are better fighters than everyone else, or that they have some kind of unfair advantage. VA's can compete and they have access to all the same powers, previous sealwinners have access to some powers, vernal demigods have access to a power, it's not quite the discrepancy in power you make it out to be.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    What about people that have won multiple seals? Should anyone whose been a seal winner (which comes with special perks as well, a cubix+ and circlet, or you can trade it in for 2k credits) not be eligible to participate and compete to allow others who have not won the chance to win? By your same argument, they shouldn't be allowed to compete because they already won and received special perks.
    Yes please! That way, I might finally have a chance to win a seal...
  • Lerad said:
    Arcanis said:
    Lerad said:
    True Ascended players are not allowed to participate in other Challenges because they don't need to have another seal.
    ...ooookay, so basically the same thing I said, just with the reasoning behind the 'why'..
    No, it's not the same thing you said. You said this:
    Arcanis said:
    Hmm, well technically, if I recall correctly, ascended players are not allowed to compete in other challenges such as Knowledge and Justice, so I suppose it should be the same for war.
    In other words: "They can't participate in Knowledge and Justice, so they should not be able to do so for War." This is quite clear, almost verbatim, unless my reading comprehension is somehow amiss, which I doubt.

It is.

Lerad said:

Arcanis said:
    While the concept to allow all to have a good time is a resounding common mission for all games, it should also be considered that these players have already basically won this annual contest and are one of the few that have received the special perks for it. I think it is enough of a fair trade to ask them to not compete in the other competitions as to allow other players a chance to also win as they have. Should non-ascended players have to face up against ascended ones in war? Did those same ascended players have to have such a difficulty? Surely not.

Besides, they are still allowed to compete in the most important part: The Finale. I dont see the relevance of you insisting ascended be allowed to fight in war, if anything it seems unfair to other aspiring players.
    If the concept to allow all to have a good time is a "resounding common mission" for all games, then why don't you consider the fact that these players are already being penalized by not being able to join 8 out of 9 of the competitions just because they won the annual contest once before? Why are you then trying to take even the last one away? Why are you only considering those who have to "face them" in 1 out of the 9 competitions? Are ascended players any less a player, any less entitled to fun just because they've won once already?

Secondly, the same ascended players most certainly did have to face ascended players when they were trying for War in all the previous years, with the exception of the first year (and maybe the second, perhaps) and if anything is unfair, it would be to these players who won despite having to face their own ascended opponents if we suddenly make it so that all future aspiring players no longer have to.

You consider gaining the status of the best achievement in game, best racial status, free domoth powers (connect to their seal) and several other advantages, as a form of penalizing? I must have missed the lesson on this... Frankly TAs have simply not been allowed to compete in other domoths to give a chance for new players to do so and have the chance at ascending themselves. It holds true for all the other challenges, I do not see why it cannot for war.

Frankly, yes, I would personally tradein competing in these if I was risen to the status of TA and got the benefits of it. Besides, it isnt like they are completely cut out, again I mention the main important is the Finale, which everyone takes part in. Additionally, as Shuyin said, there are other ways people can choose to get involved.

Lastly, as we can plainly see from past events, it never stops at simply "can and cannot compete", as each challenge goes further than that. The Hamster hunt alone becomes a battle of "protect the VIP" with groups clashing. I dont see the need for you to warrant some form of unfairness.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    But it does hold true in war, they can't get a seal, heh.
    You do know that TA's have the same racial status as everyone else? They don't get some magical stats that only come with being a TA.....

And TA's aren't being stopped from competing to allow others to win, there are plenty of people out there who have won multiple seals (myself included) so it's obviously not a 'let everyone win' thing. 

Regardless, the decision's been handed out to maintain the status quo that TA's can compete in War as long as someone on their team is eligible for a Seal.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited January 2015
    Arcanis said:
    It is.

I quoted your post for reference and then pretty much explained it as close to verbatim as I could, using as little extra words as I could. There is absolutely nothing amiss with my reading comprehension: my comment about it was a rhetoric note to let you know you're the one who is backpedaling.

I guess I should apologise. It's quite clear someone needs to go back to elementary school for some lessons. I totally should not have used figurative speech, huh. Sorry for the misunderstandings, Arcanis. I'll be sure to speak to you at your level next time

• Can we please keep this thread open..? It's actually useful for those of us not sniping at one another.

On topic: 
    Did we get a response as to whether Life would use the new cures or the old? I had that question and one other about whether the Healing skillset works, but I feel like one or the other may have already been answered.
  • edited January 2015
    Life will be updated to use new cures, and will probably have afflictions shuffled around to account for the overhaul. And possibly* be made more exciting with the addition of roving gnome-designed drones attempting to destroy anyone in contact with the plagued mobs in an attempt to maintain quarantine.

* This probability is negligible but still technically non-zero, at least so long as no one tells Estarra. >.>
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ieptix said:
    Life will be updated to use new cures, and will probably have afflictions shuffled around to account for the overhaul. And possibly* be made more exciting with the addition of roving gnome-designed drones attempting to destroy anyone in contact with the plagued mobs in an attempt to maintain quarantine.

* This probability is negligible but still technically non-zero, at least so long as no one tells Estarra. >.>
    I think I'll email Estarra and urge her to definitely include this.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Any word on the Healing skill? It may affect with whom I decide to attempt the seal. Or if I do at all.
  • Healing doesn't work on mobs.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    He's presumably talking about War?
    Nah, he was specifically talking about Life
    Aerotan said:
    Can we please keep this thread open..? It's actually useful for those of us not sniping at one another.

On topic: 
    Did we get a response as to whether Life would use the new cures or the old? I had that question and one other about whether the Healing skillset works, but I feel like one or the other may have already been answered.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • While you're tweaking it ... can we get lots of new affliction lines for Life?
  • Ieptix said:
    Healing doesn't work on mobs.
    So the Life Challenge is just  like the healing collegium quest? You have to figure out whats wrong with poeel and give them the correct herb or directions, like tell X "focus body"/"Concentrate" etc....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Who'd have thought a mud pile like Vesucia would be so contested over.
  • Rad makes you drop the hamster.
  • Poor hamster during that event...

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Arcanis said:
    Poor hamster during that event...

At least he got to visit the Wayfaire. Lucky bloke.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Yeah, rad-drop made it much easier to force-drop the hamster than murdering people or hoping for an unlucky movement. Kept things Chaotic.
  • Was this always the case or no?

• I don't really like the idea of rad killing the hamster. I mean, I know it's more interesting, and definitely, some way to make the hamster continually jump around so everyone and their mother is tripping over their grandmothers running around is better than fortressing down and just group seiges. This is the most fun I've had in weeks. In fact, everyone participating should get the ability to make the hamster jump. Changing the goal of chasing down the hamster holder from "kill the perp" to "rad the perp", has made it much more fluid, but it is now only really available to runes users. Some chaos-only requirement (like throwing a hamster at the target instead of using rad) might work better?

Of course, we might start going into the realm of too-easy, but my opinion is that if it is deemed too easy, then restrictions should be put on how the ability to scare the hamster out of its skin is activated, and not the accessibility of the ability itself. As it is, though, activating rad and blocking rad is fairly balanced for our purpose: to make things chaotic and blockable, but not indefnitely by any stretch of the imagination. Whatever abilities you use, however well you fortress down, as long as a chink appears somewhere, the hamster can be forced to poof, and that's good to keep things running around. The fact that fortresses did not happen this time round is simply because no one had the time to set it up properly once the event got underway - everyone was too busy running after wherever the hamster decided to be.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I echo what was said last year -- we really need more free-PK events like this.

Not just Ascension only exclusive.

• Lerad said:
    rad snip
    I think it was just the right amount of chaotic. Does the chaos hamster drop salt shields passively on its holder?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Maligorn said:
    Lerad said:
    rad snip
    I think it was just the right amount of chaotic. Does the chaos hamster drop salt shields passively on its holder?
    I doubt it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Xena said:
    I just wanna say thanks to the admins for fixing the lag issues we experienced for so many years during the Chaos event. You're the best! :D
    All those erroneous affs were dragging us down I guess.