Ascension 2015

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Totally going to win Beauty this year. As long as Shaddus didn't send his premature entry from one of his Hallifax alts.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Drocilla said:
    Supposed to wait for the announce and if you send in yours early it will be deleted, along with the design and the cartel it originated from. And then any associated orgs, for good measure. And all Shaddus alts.
    You're gonna lose a lot of the playerbase there, and then who would wear my "skimpy glitter-covered crotchless thong panties of Drocillan pride"?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I don't even know what that would consist of to fulfill the promises of all of those adjectives! One suspended diamond perhaps.

PS. The Beauty announcement is forthcoming.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Drocilla said:
    Supposed to wait for the announce and if you send in yours early it will be deleted, along with the design and the cartel it originated from. And then any associated orgs, for good measure. And all Shaddus alts.
    You're basically deleting everyone.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Actually, thinking back there is one thing that I wonder about during this year's Nature challenge. Were there more clues than the total amount of clues you had to solve? Because I recall some people talking about a clue involving "diamond checkered guards" or something that was in the Meliashmora. But I got no clues pertaining to diamond checkered guards, and I didn't have to drop by the Meliashmora at all.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I found the clue of "glass floors and mansions" to be hilarious that it turned out to be aetherplex. Everyone basically was checking climanti, lirangsha, clarramore.
  • Drocilla said:
    So now you say?
    Kiradawea said:
    Actually, thinking back there is one thing that I wonder about during this year's Nature challenge. Were there more clues than the total amount of clues you had to solve? Because I recall some people talking about a clue involving "diamond checkered guards" or something that was in the Meliashmora. But I got no clues pertaining to diamond checkered guards, and I didn't have to drop by the Meliashmora at all.
    The answer ended up being a hut in the mountain paths below Meliashmora. But it's possible there were extra clues, yeah.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • nawww, have to wait until Saturday for next event. I was enjoying the excitement.
  • Enyalida said:
    According to my reading of the justice rules, these are all of the allowed abilities, artifacts/items, and buffs you might want to use. I may have missed something, especially for a newer skill, or one with some effect not obvious in the AB. I have placed question marks where I am unsure of the exact mechanics of a skill. It should be allowed still, it may just not help.

Relevant equipment, buffs, and abilities allowed:
    ===== Basics =====
    -Bromides
    -Sparkleberry
    -Healing Scroll

===== Common skills =====
    -Powers - Endowment of Vanity
    -Discernment - Discern
    -Dramatics (all)
    -Influence (all)
    -Highmagic - Netzach

===== Trade Skills =====
    -Lorecraft - Philosopher's stone
    -Bookbinding - Magic Tome
    -Bookbinding - Wetfold Origami?
    -Cooking - HeroFete
    -Enchantment - Beauty
    -Tinkering - GoldenBox
    -Tinkering - GoldenHorn
    -Tinkering - RoseGlasses?
    -Tinkering - Focus/Strongmind
    -Herbs - Herblore

===== Guild Skills =====
    -Astrology - Ascendant
    -Astrology - Lion
    -Harmonics - Spire*
    -Transmology - Mouth (scaled)
    -Transmology - Mouth (silver)?
    -Harmony - Lumphet?
    -Harmony- Akhooshlumang
    -Ecology - Transmigration (Vixen/Widow, sorry boys)
    -Music - BardicPresence
    -Telepathy - Hive Mind
    -Rituals - Fortuna
    -Rituals - Populus
    -Runes - Benign Prophesy
    -Shamanism - Bloom
    -Shamanism - Root
    -Tarot - Teacher?
    -Stag - Trueheart?
    -Stag - Sacrifice*

===== Races =====
    -Any racial/spec choice for stats (including -woods, if you must)
    -Illithoid - Illdrain
    -Kephera - HiveMind

===== Artifacts/$$$ =====
    -Great Rune of Charisa
    -Life Runes
    -Regeneration Runes
    -Genie Bottle Curios
    -Bard Gnewpie
    -Poteen Pot (Increased ego)

===== General Buffs =====
    -Throne/Tosha
    -Karma - Beauty
    -Truefavors (!!)

===== Constructs =====
    -Moonaura (The Living Altar of Lunar Glory - Serenwilde)
    -Spike (The Iron Machine of the Tainted Fury - Magnagora)

*These can be used to enter the debate with a higher initial ego than usual, though not a higher
    max ego. The benefit to doing this is arguable.

One question: Is the duration on Paradigmatics - Reimagination sufficiently long to qualify as a 'permanent buff'? Netzach lasts an hour, and I suspect it is on the 'okay' list. Reimagination on self is significantly shorter, but still more than long enough to be applied beforehand and last through even the longest of debates.

EDIT: Added constructs and Telepathy - Hivemind
    EDIT2: Added Poteen.
    Holy crap that is a big list.

I believe the simple rule was it cannot give any ego regeneration (I do not know of any skill in harmony was allowed because this would require checking if a heart mantra was used to check for regeneration).  I cannot recall if beast healing was allowed, it is a common skill, so not sure where it stands. 

Still a fan of convert everyone to a special justice race to make everyone equal. No buffs, artys, etc able to help. Main 3 cures only, let it become a game of skill! :D
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2015
    Beast healing is not allowed, all beastmastery is out.

I excluded a skill in harmony that would be useful, because it specifically does add regen to ego as a heart mantra. Lumphet doesn't add ego regen, it "allows your body to absorb healing potions at a faster rate" (which I took to mean that it gives a sip bonus, which helps you sipping bromides), and adds in health regen as a body mantra. 

EDIT: In retrospect, I think benign prophesy only adds to HP, so that's not very useful.
    Enyalida said:

I excluded a skill in harmony that would be useful, because it specifically does add regen to ego as a heart mantra. Lumphet doesn't add ego regen, it "allows your body to absorb healing potions at a faster rate" (which I took to mean that it gives a sip bonus, which helps you sipping bromides), and adds in health regen as a body mantra. 

EDIT: In retrospect, I think benign prophesy only adds to HP, so that's not very useful.
    It's kind of a double-edged sword. You -can- use Lumphet, but only if you don't have enough skill in Harmony to have Regeneration (0% Adept or so).
    For this Ascension, I shall INVOKE KRELLAN into existence. Where are my Glommies at?!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    For this Ascension, I shall INVOKE KRELLAN into existence. Where are my Glommies at?!
    They all left for Magnagora.
  • Akyaevin said:
    Siam said:
    They all left for Magnagora.
    snap!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Not all of them. Some left for Gaudiguch.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    One even came back.

Though, tbh, I'm not a serious contender for any of the seals. Perhaps next year.
    There are those who stayed. Fai' Glomdoring! We must rebuild!

#bringShikariback 

• Did I miss the Beauty announce, or is that still forthcoming?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

Qistrel said:
    Not all of them. Some left for Gaudiguch.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Enyalida said:

Benign adds 5% to h/m/e. So, while it does add to ego, it is only 5% (this is about 100-500), it probably not really that helpful. More so since it is a 5p skill
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Aerotan said:
    Did I miss the Beauty announce, or is that still forthcoming?
    It's forthcoming. You can see that it hasn't been posted to the TM newsboard.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited January 2015
    Shaddus said:
    Enyalida said:

It's kind of a double-edged sword. You -can- use Lumphet, but only if you don't have enough skill in Harmony to have Regeneration (0% Adept or so).

No, it's not. You can always use Lumphet, it does NOT add ego regeneration. Adding health regeneration is not against the rules, Lumphet is always fine.

Anguti, on the other hand (which literally increases your debate power) DOES add ego regeneration, and is therefore against the rules.
    That's What I meant, Sorry :/
    I figured it was best to just have an "across the board" ruling on stuff like that, so that even if you don't have the Regeneration skill, it's still not allowed. Otherwise, you're penalized for having spent more, which sucks.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Question: the Ascension rules disallows "presence" for Justice; what skill is this exactly? I think there are a few abilities with the same name (or similar), so clarification would be appreciated!
    Yeah, that is a little confusing. Pretty sure it's talking about Ascendance - Presence, which says "and soothing your ego." in its AB. In my own list, I put a question mark next to that, but left it off to be safe. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    yeah, the cult presence skill, which provides pretty nice ego regen boost

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The Knowledge seal is a copy/paste contest, not a knowledge contest. It is impossible to type out the words "Morgfyre the Merciless, Thax the Machine, Ivanko the Cruel, Slaay the Hidden, and Bloody Gruenella" in 20 seconds. you HAVE to have your answers pre-prepared in a text file.