Simple questions?

Comments

• Orventa said:
    Tirah said:
    Phoebus said:
    Tirah said:
    Does the Beastmaster Chemistry Set last forever or is it a single use thing?
    It's forever!! It's one of my absolute favorite artifacts because you get so much value out of it, especially if you're a zimoru addict who enjoys experimenting with feed combinations.
    Ohh! Awesome. I will get it and a never ending syringe of zimoru as soon as I can!

I like fun artifacts that don't give some strong bonus.
    @ Tirah You're better off getting single doses. Syringe only allows you to administer once every rl day.
    But I will feel bad spending multiple times for things that don't last. It was the same with reincarnation daggers before I bought a cameo (which ironically is something I now no longer really need)
  • edited March 2017
    If you get bloodbonded with someone and neither of you have family and have no intention of founding a new family. Can you both still be adopted into a family? 
    The helpfiles do not mention this and i can't see a reason if you are not related to any previous parents why you should not be able to be adopted. 

Just wanting to make sure here before making a commitment.
  • edited March 2017
    I think you have to form a family mechanically. There's just no getting out of it. Otherwise, both of you find parents you like and take turns being adopted, like you do. The family system still has kinks that need to be worked out. Edit: once you are bloodbonded as siblings, you can't get adopted by parents. Maybe unless you both reject the family name you both started? Don't know. It's weird like that.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • If I teach my beast a beastmastery ability that's only accessible to me because of a TF. Do I get to use that skill on the beast after TF wears off? I know you can't use inherent abilities but this isn't the same, I guess?
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Saz said:
    If I teach my beast a beastmastery ability that's only accessible to me because of a TF. Do I get to use that skill on the beast after TF wears off? I know you can't use inherent abilities but this isn't the same, I guess?
    Generally you need the skill. I am not sure about passives like bodyguard and aggressiveness
  • Always need the skill.
  • Do city shop upgrades, especially the stocking limit upgrade, last forever or only till the owner changes?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The stock limit on shops is forever, it's an upgrade to the shop. The sign and log are per owner. 
  • I am sorry for asking so much, but I am still getting back into things after my two year long break.

When designing a sword, how do you make it a master weapon?
  • I have two questions. :)

1) Does the sharpness oil still exist and have any effect? The help file says it helps with accurancy but as far as I could find out, warriors don't miss anymore anyway. (Or is it only useful for monks?)

2) There was an announce post back in august I think, that introduced a limit of gold generation per person per day (100k) to deal with gold inflation. Is that still in effect? Did it actually help / change anything? I'm just curious here. I didn't play in 2016 so I don't even know what the situation back then was like.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Yacsee said:
    I have two questions. :)

2) There was an announce post back in august I think, that introduced a limit of gold generation per person per day (100k) to deal with gold inflation. Is that still in effect? Did it actually help / change anything? I'm just curious here. I didn't play in 2016 so I don't even know what the situation back then was like.
    It is still in effect. What did help ( price-wise ) is the removal of all the free commodities people were able to generate. Things actually cost money to make again, especially, say, furniture is not cheap anymore. If the gold limited actually did change anything, am unsure.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2017
    Tirah said:
    I am sorry for asking so much, but I am still getting back into things after my two year long break.

@Tirah If I recall correctly, you need to just include the proper number of commodities (the masterweapon amount), and specify in the comments when you submit the design that it should be a masterweapon. However, I'm not 100% sure about this, so please, please double check this with a trademaster. Don't want to unintentionally cost you a design/trouble the Charites :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Yacsee said:
    I have two questions. :)

1) Does the sharpness oil still exist and have any effect? The help file says it helps with accurancy but as far as I could find out, warriors don't miss anymore anyway. (Or is it only useful for monks?)
    I don't believe sharpness oil exists anymore, no. I feel like there is another oil you can place on your weapons now, but I can't recall the name of it at the moment. 

Before an earthly flight

• Replaced by "mineral oil", but not as something you rub onto weapons. It's a crafting item, to give permanent enhancements (customisation effects) to weapons:

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/2248/gear-overhaul/p1

• @Tirah master weapons are a different section of items to blades/axes/etc. So instead of designing a blade you design a masterweapon. It's a little bit of a pain in that when searching for master weapons master swords, master axes etc are all listed under the same list. Forging masterweapons, instead of like forging axes.
  • edited March 2017
    Tirah said:
    I am sorry for asking so much, but I am still getting back into things after my two year long break.

I have never submitted a forging design in my life, but (assuming that you are the trademaster who is both designing and submitting the design) I think the syntax is DESIGN <design #> TYPE MASTERWEAPON. This should  hopefully change the type of weapon and thus the commodities required.

Edit: Turns out the right syntax was DESIGN <design #> TYPE MASTERWEAPONS. For want of an "S"...
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • edited March 2017
    Irillia said:
    Tirah said:

I have never submitted a forging design in my life, but (assuming that you are the trademaster who is both designing and submitting the design) I think the syntax is DESIGN <design #> TYPE MASTERWEAPON. This should  hopefully change the type of weapon and thus the commodities required.
    I though so too and I tried before I asked, but all I got was: You may not set this craft type to masterweapon.

It is a regular longsword pattern

Edit: We figured it out! Huge thanks to Irillia for that.
    My bad for the incorrect advice! I think I might have been thinking about the process for submitting splendour robes instead...

Before an earthly flight

• Is there a reference somewhere which lists the actual powers and benefits of all the curios?

I'm not really interested in the ones that are purely aesthetic, but I don't really know how to identify those from the in-game curio verbs. The system seems to show some curios that definitely do have functional use as having no powers (eg. kittens/puppies, bows, hair curios, etc).
  • Elryn said:
    Is there a reference somewhere which lists the actual powers and benefits of all the curios?

I'm not really interested in the ones that are purely aesthetic, but I don't really know how to identify those from the in-game curio verbs. The system seems to show some curios that definitely do have functional use as having no powers (eg. kittens/puppies, bows, hair curios, etc).
    HELP CURIOS should give you what you are looking for.
  • @Ayisdra - Thanks, but how do i tell which pieces are czigany curios for example, and which are others?
  •  Type: Czigany Toy 
    that is what you are looking for, shows up when you curio show piece #
  • Aha, thanks!
  • What is going to keep me alive long enough to kill someone?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Rolsand said:
    What is going to keep me alive long enough to kill someone?
    In my experience so far... standing just outside of a room your friendly local ascendant is fighting in, then jumping in last second to last hit the person they're killing.

That aside... uhm... m&mf, your curatives all set up, maybe some runes?
  • Selenity said:
    Rolsand said:
    In my experience so far... standing just outside of a room your friendly local ascendant is fighting in, then jumping in last second to last hit the person they're killing.

That aside... uhm... m&mf, your curatives all set up, maybe some runes?
    Would wager he's talking about a one on one scenario. In which case learning to play defensive. Shielding when needed, flying. Mutilates are amazing for hindering people.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, moving away, curing. Resorting to hinder spam if it's a class  you can do that against. Killing them faster.  Reflections/timeslip. 
  • is it possible to just fly up and over to hallifax without going up the elevator or climbing that one part of the generator?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Tylwyth said:
    is it possible to just fly up and over to hallifax without going up the elevator or climbing that one part of the generator?
    I'm not sure about Hallifax, but I spent probably an hour trying to achieve that in Clarramore without success ( I just thought it'd be cool to be able to ). But I think realistically something like that would require a lot of work as you would suddenly need three elevations or more to flight ( as opposed to the two we currently have, it would have to work like scaling )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Rolsand said:
    Warriors can't fight almost any class face to face. Start thinking of yourself as a ninja(real life ninja not ninjakari) you hit and run, hit and shield. Dodge and weave dodge and weave. Your a super slow attrition class, you need to be hitting then ducking out, hitting then ducking out. If you try and take on anyone directly you are going to have a really bad time of it.