Simple questions?

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I sadly have still very little grasp as to how warriors work aside of theory, but general what can be said for survival, there's no artifact whatsoever that will guarantee your survival long enough to strike a kill in a group situation, especially if you happen to be someone who is a priority target because of some of your skills or because you are rated as easily removed from the picture.

Generally, if you are being focused, I recommend leaving and coming back ( basically what Veyils said ). It's not unique to warriors, but I suppose, any class with a slower buildup. Agility generally is key to survival. 3 or more people focusing you will kill you ( and everybody else ) rather quickly if they have any sort of strategy, so I personally recommend highlight triggers that visualize when you are focused and then get moving ( I feel, if you watch how people with a lot of combat experience fight, you'll notice that most of them are rather agile. ( I am still learning agility in combat, it takes it's time )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited March 2017
    Basically one on one if a warrior hits perfectly and does not hit parry ever or have any down time or hinderance at all they can kill in 60ish seconds. Most other classes can get to their kill level in 20-30ish seconds. So with hinderance your generally going to see most enemy classes attempt or come close to killing you half a dozen times before you get to your kill. Warriors are entirely about running/dodging and surviving and getting back to the fight before your away too long because if you don't keep the pressure up your not building wounds. No burst kills like most other classes so you really need to think long long long term. Fights against good folks can often take like 10mins before you get wounds high enough to kill because you need to duck out so often to avoid their much quicker kills.

Edit: Classes/skills you'll really struggle against as a warrior are healers as they have a similar attrition/pressure based skill but theirs builds quicker and with more hindrance than yours. 

Druids because they have superb passive hinderance and their sap lock is a burst lock so they can attempt it and either kill you or if it fails just hinder/run off the wounds. Also astrologers to a lesser extent as they can kind of attrition build the meteor but it's still counterable.

Other classes you may find harder or easier. Like bards have a pretty easy time fighting and kilking warriors but they can kill back.  A good healer or druid though a warrior is only beating them if they mess up massively more than once.
  • edited March 2017
    Aeldra said:
    Tylwyth said:
    is it possible to just fly up and over to hallifax without going up the elevator or climbing that one part of the generator?
    I'm not sure about Hallifax, but I spent probably an hour trying to achieve that in Clarramore without success ( I just thought it'd be cool to be able to ). But I think realistically something like that would require a lot of work as you would suddenly need three elevations or more to flight ( as opposed to the two we currently have, it would have to work like scaling )
    Though we had like five levels....

Think I remember flying up to the divine havens thingy for demigods once....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• How will I run out of the room and still attack a bard with pfifth on me?
  • Rolsand said:
    How will I run out of the room and still attack a bard with pfifth on me?
    Eat earwort;tumble out. Cured Auric's as quick as possible. Jump back in and keep attacking.
  • If you have your curios in a curiobox, can you still use them? (Rub enchanted ones, sprinkle cooking curios)
  • Tirah said:
    If you have your curios in a curiobox, can you still use them? (Rub enchanted ones, sprinkle cooking curios)
    Ones that require some active command (ie rub) can not be used without taking it out of the box. The exception to this rule is genies which can be rubbed from the curiobox. Curios that are passive (like damage resist/enhancement) work. Curio collection powers also work with the curios in the box.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Tirah said:
    If you have your curios in a curiobox, can you still use them? (Rub enchanted ones, sprinkle cooking curios)
    Ones that require some active command (ie rub) can not be used without taking it out of the box. The exception to this rule is genies which can be rubbed from the curiobox. Curios that are passive (like damage resist/enhancement) work. Curio collection powers also work with the curios in the box.
    Thanks, that is what I thought. Kinda meh, I have no problem paying 75 dingbats to clear up some clutter, but this would actually make my life harder, rather than easier.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tirah said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Tirah said:
    Thanks, that is what I thought. Kinda meh, I have no problem paying 75 dingbats to clear up some clutter, but this would actually make my life harder, rather than easier.
    It is the reason I do not own a curiobox.
  • How do you apply to be a guide? Searched help files but couldn't find one like builders and reviewers have.
  • They make calls for them, every once and a while.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Healers do not get to their kill faster than warriors. Unless you burn through all your power to get high aura warp,  in which case you won't even have power to cauterise. 

Also that is a really poor way of looking at combat. Shedrin did just fine as warrior without needing to hit and run every other balance (also a good strategy if you want people to get bored of fighting you). Axelord definitely has the tools to not need to do that, and that's without even taking tertiary skills into account.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Necessary or not, hit and run actually benefits warriors more than almost every other class. As long as you are building wounds faster than they can cure them, you are making progress towards your kill condition. Most classes have a window in which to pull the trigger so to speak. If they miss the opportunity usually the target will have cured up virtually entirely and they have to start building up their offence again. Even worse is when they pull the trigger and miss the insta for whatever reason because this often comes with a hefty power cost that delays any achieving the kill by another period of time. For warriors this is not a problem. Wounds take a long time to cure so eventually the kill will come.
  • Reylari said:
    Healers do not get to their kill faster than warriors. Unless you burn through all your power to get high aura warp,  in which case you won't even have power to cauterise. 

Also that is a really poor way of looking at combat. Shedrin did just fine as warrior without needing to hit and run every other balance (also a good strategy if you want people to get bored of fighting you). Axelord definitely has the tools to not need to do that, and that's without even taking tertiary skills into account.
    Not necessarily running but dodging abilities in different ways and such. Be agile. And yes shedrin did this stuff.

With testing a healer burning all their power can get to instant kill in approx 40-60 seconds assuming no hinder on the healer.(ask Ciarans for tips if you need help to do it) warrior axelord with similar maxish buffs burning all their power can get to instant kill level in 60-70 seconds depending on balance time etc. This assumes no parry and no hinder what so ever.

Time wise it's not so different. Healer is definitely quicker but the issue solo vs solo is that the healer is building and averaging out much better hinder than the warrior so they build quicker while hindering better. Also the healer doesn't have to deal with parry. To be fair warriors are in a fairly weak place in out of arena solo fights and most people have a very poor parry as there isn't really much need for them to fix it up yet.(I'm guilty of this as well my Lusternia parry is super simple and crude as warriors don't pose me much of a threat) Once folks in general fix their parry up you'll notice a big drop in the effectiveness of warriors.

So a competent healer should not be losing to a warrior solo. Groups are a different matter and there's already a few ideas floating around from envoys like wobou and mal about ways to balance how powerful the healing warp build up is. So it's super strong now but probably will get tweaked in the future.
  • edited March 2017
    Falaeron said:
    Necessary or not, hit and run actually benefits warriors more than almost every other class. As long as you are building wounds faster than they can cure them, you are making progress towards your kill condition. Most classes have a window in which to pull the trigger so to speak. If they miss the opportunity usually the target will have cured up virtually entirely and they have to start building up their offence again. Even worse is when they pull the trigger and miss the insta for whatever reason because this often comes with a hefty power cost that delays any achieving the kill by another period of time. For warriors this is not a problem. Wounds take a long time to cure so eventually the kill will come.
    Astrologers are the best hit and run folks. Followed by shadow dancers of any sort then healers and warriors. Healing build up works like wounds in that it takes ages to cure off at high levels so a healer can run/dodge/hinder and still build warp as long as they don't dodge too much. Similar to warrior wounds.

Edit maybe throw in druids who can attempt to burst kill with sap then run away and mds with succumb. Throw sap succumb either you kill or don't in which case just run/hinder away then try again no real build up required.
  • edited March 2017
    Veyils said:
    assuming no hinder on the healer.
    This is where your argument falls short, and is never something that should be considered. Theory almost rarely actually pans out as planned, when put into practice versus a competent opponent. Especially since Axelord has pretty nuts hinder: don't parry chest/head you get insta'd. Parry chest/head you get mutilates wracking up, alternate parry doesn't really work versus people who can quickly establish how you're parrying.

Not really an apt comparison, either. Wounds can be put on multiple different body parts; aurawarp is a singular target, and if you run enough that bendaura fades off, it makes it even harder for the Healer to actually stick it on you for long.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Veyils said:

Healing build up works like wounds in that it takes ages to cure off at high levels so a healer can run/dodge/hinder and still build warp as long as they don't dodge too much. Similar to warrior wounds.

To be honest, I'm not sure if multiple healers can stack aurawarps like multiple warriors can stack wounds. I -think- they don't, but I haven't seen more than 1 healer versus me before.

Also I thought hit&run while building wounds was what won in War Seal. Not downplaying the player skill. But strategy-wise, that was it? So, it's not a burst obviously, but it's very consistent and fairly kind to your power reserves, as far as i can tell.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Reylari said:
    Veyils said:
    assuming no hinder on the healer.
    This is where your argument falls short, and is never something that should be considered. Theory almost rarely actually pans out as planned, when put into practice versus a competent opponent. Especially since Axelord has pretty nuts hinder: don't parry chest/head you get insta'd. Parry chest/head you get mutilates wracking up, alternate parry doesn't really work versus people who can quickly establish how you're parrying.

Not really an apt comparison, either. Wounds can be put on multiple different body parts; aurawarp is a singular target, and if you run enough that bendaura fades off, it makes it even harder for the Healer to actually stick it on you for long.
    Exactly in a perfect world a warrior can get to a kill level in roughly a minute but this is basically impossible against almost anyone lots of passive hinder from some classes and parry is a huge loss in wounding build up if you do it right. 

To quote wobou "healing is wounds on crack" they are pretty comparable in theory just in practical fights healing builds much much quicker than wounds.
  • Saz said:
    Veyils said:

Healing build up works like wounds in that it takes ages to cure off at high levels so a healer can run/dodge/hinder and still build warp as long as they don't dodge too much. Similar to warrior wounds.

To be honest, I'm not sure if multiple healers can stack aurawarps like multiple warriors can stack wounds. I -think- they don't, but I haven't seen more than 1 healer versus me before.

Also I thought hit&run while building wounds was what won in War Seal. Not downplaying the player skill. But strategy-wise, that was it? So, it's not a burst obviously, but it's very consistent and fairly kind to your power reserves, as far as i can tell.
    I was talking more solo one on one but War was a good example of healing vs wounds. Take a look through the logs. One healer was able to get to instant kill level about the same time as three warriors stacking. Our team had an advantage in redundancy against healers though. So the enemy team only ever had one healer on it so like if we forced their healer to use power or defensives or run off then they stop the build up. Where as we had three people who could do wounds so if we had to cycle one person out to run and heal the other two could maintain the wounds on the kill target. It's sort of what we had to do against healers just have one person running off the aura warp constantly because it builds so quickly.

Power wise warriors are really power intensive they are constantly using power attacks in order to build wounds. I find I use less power in a group as a bard than warrior but that's just ancedotal.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    If you put an aether garden or a fountain in your manse, can anyone who can get to it use them? Or only the manse's owner? How does that work?
  • Selenity said:
    If you put an aether garden or a fountain in your manse, can anyone who can get to it use them? Or only the manse's owner? How does that work?
    the Fountain allows anyone to get the liquid from it. Not sure on the garden, I would believe it is the same.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Selenity said:
    For a while, only the owner could use the garden but anyone at all could use the fountain (people used to go to fountains and steal the liquid from them in abandoned manses).  I think manse gardens were changed semi-recently to allow allies to tend the garden, too.

* Just tested with Dylara and my memory isn't faulty on this one, she was able to grab a flower from my garden.
    What series of quests would win someone the "Congratulations, everyone in Lusternia hates you" award?

I used to know it.

Gorgogs, Globglob, releasing the spawn, there were zombies too you could release, weren't there?

Obviously I'm not planning such nonsense, but I'm trying to remember.
    Phoebus said:
    Selenity said:
    What series of quests would win someone the "Congratulations, everyone in Lusternia hates you" award?

I used to know it.

Gorgogs, Globglob, releasing the spawn, there were zombies too you could release, weren't there?

Defeating the Goloths in Lirangsha... o:) Mostly joking, but I do groan every time I go there and see it's on light side Lirangsha.
    You reminded me of one!

I think it's Marani?

The Priestess who drains power in the mountains.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Selenity said:
    Phoebus said:
    Selenity said:

I used to know it.

Defeating the Goloths in Lirangsha... o:) Mostly joking, but I do groan every time I go there and see it's on light side Lirangsha.
    You reminded me of one!

I think it's Marani?

The Priestess who drains power in the mountains.
    Oh yeah, she sucks. That made me think of another one, helping the dark dwarves and putting those armors in villages.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And the Ur'Dead marching into villages and Undead!Dio
  • Soulforge
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • The Mount Dio one that curses undead.
  • edited March 2017
    Is Glomdoring a dead org or am I just running into afkers all the time? I have had exactly one instance of rp interaction with Kalaneya, the rest was "read this, do this" and then I was promptly ignored after emoting back in response. Aside from those two times where I've actually gotten any interaction I keep finding people who just sit in various locations inside of the forest who don't respond between hours of me trying.