Simple questions?

Comments

• so someone asked to repair their armour but the syntax "repair armour <item>" does not seem to work. Did they change it and forget to update the AB or am I doing something wrong?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tridemon said:
    For the new powerstone shells, do they just absorb the power from the powerstones, or do they store them directly? If they're being stored directly, do they still decay?

Looking more closely at the description, they just hold the power. Right then!
    Yeah, the powerstones just get destroyed right now.  There is a request to have them leave you with a dead / empty powerstone (for purposes of tradeskills that need them as comms), which may or may not happen.

Also, you can store the power from powerplexes in them.  My powershell is going to become quite flush!
  • Xenthos said:
    Tridemon said:
    For the new powerstone shells, do they just absorb the power from the powerstones, or do they store them directly? If they're being stored directly, do they still decay?

Yeah, the powerstones just get destroyed right now.  There is a request to have them leave you with a dead / empty powerstone (for purposes of tradeskills that need them as comms), which may or may not happen.

Also, you can store the power from powerplexes in them.  My powershell is going to become quite flush!
    So, do you still have the powerplex in your inv then? Or does the powershell 'hold' the powerplex so they are all one item?
    Powerplexes get pressed against it and transfer their energy, but stay in your inventory.  After this they are at 0% until the month change.  There is a line for pressing a powerplex with energy in it and a different line (indicating no transfer) when you try to put an empty powerplex into it.
  • edited July 2017
    Fun fact: You can also press one shell to another and transfer energy between them, and this has an entirely different line altogether I do not expect anybody will ever actually see.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Esoneyuna said:
    so someone asked to repair their armour but the syntax "repair armour <item>" does not seem to work. Did they change it and forget to update the AB or am I doing something wrong?
    Repair no longer exists, the skill just never got removed for some reason. Will fix if I remember in a bit, I recommend BUGging it 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Xenthos said:
    Tridemon said:

I wonder if this would be doable by having the power shell only drain 99% from each stone pressed against it, leaving 1% reserve inside the original powerstone (perhaps have a [FULLY] modifier that drains the full 100% and destroys the stone, in case someone doesn't want a pile of depleted stones)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    I was more thinking: leave the empty powerstone inside the powershell.  If you want it you can take it back out.  On month change, any powerstones inside a powershell are purged (without decay messages).  No need for extra syntaxes or anything like that.
    Xenthos said:
    I was more thinking: leave the empty powerstone inside the powershell.  If you want it you can take it back out.  On month change, any powerstones inside a powershell are purged (without decay messages).  No need for extra syntaxes or anything like that.
    Could do, but given the mechanical design of powerstones, it may be easiest to have the shell simply drain whatever is in the stone, minus 0.5% or 1% since I am guessing there is a line coded along the lines of "if power <=0%, destroy powerstone".

• Kagato said:
    Could do, but given the mechanical design of powerstones, it may be easiest to have the shell simply drain whatever is in the stone, minus 0.5% or 1% since I am guessing there is a line coded along the lines of "if power <=0%, destroy powerstone".
    You assume it's anything that fancy. No, I'd just have to not destroy the powerstone after draining it. It's all handled quite manually.
  • Ianir said:
    Esoneyuna said:
    so someone asked to repair their armour but the syntax "repair armour <item>" does not seem to work. Did they change it and forget to update the AB or am I doing something wrong?
    Repair no longer exists, the skill just never got removed for some reason. Will fix if I remember in a bit, I recommend BUGging it 
    thanks, and done
    Ianir said:
    Kagato said:
    You assume it's anything that fancy. No, I'd just have to not destroy the powerstone after draining it. It's all handled quite manually.
    *grin* Given that I know next to nothing about the workings of the Rapture engine, it all comes down to assumptions/speculation :)

• Where the heck did everyone go?
    I got moved to the Thornwatch.
  • Does the powerplex jewel start out charged, or does it wait for the month change to do that?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Tridemon said:
    Does the powerplex jewel start out charged, or does it wait for the month change to do that?
    Um.  Good question.  I imagine it starts charged, but I don't even remember for sure!
  • If it starts out charged, I've found a bug with the augmented shell, but if it doesn't, I haven't.
  • edited July 2017
    Tridemon said:
    If it starts out charged, I've found a bug with the augmented shell, but if it doesn't, I haven't.
    It... doesn't start out charged. Go ahead and BUG what you think you've found?

EDIT: I've just tested a new shell with a new powerplex jewel bought via normal methods, if your bug is that it holds a charge, I can't reproduce it.
    edited July 2017
    Ianir said:
    Tridemon said:
    If it starts out charged, I've found a bug with the augmented shell, but if it doesn't, I haven't.
    It... doesn't start out charged. Go ahead and BUG what you think you've found?

EDIT: I've just tested a new shell with a new powerplex jewel bought via normal methods, if your bug is that it holds a charge, I can't reproduce it.
    With a "bug if it starts charged, not a bug if it doesn't" statement, it sounds like Tridemon tried to put it into the powershell, the powershell didn't charge, but the powerplex is empty.  Which would make some sense if a powerplex comes uncharged when you buy it.

Question is, why is it uncharged when you buy it?  :o
  • Pretty much. I wanted to check the circumstances on the forums instead of just making a completely unnecessary bug report or waiting until the next month change.
  • Xenthos said:
    I dunno what that means
  • Talkan said:
    Xenthos said:
    I dunno what that means
    Do HELP THORNWATCH in game.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• To be clear, the powerstone case allows me to have the benefits of a powerstone, and leaves me with two free hands?
    The benefits of multiple powerstones (quantity depending on size and how many you stuff into it)!
  • Not at one right now, but is there a way to look through ecologist pathways?
  • edited July 2017
    Xenthos said:
    The benefits of multiple powerstones (quantity depending on size and how many you stuff into it)!
    That is a really, really nice artefact then. Thank you, Team Godmin :) ETA: And thanks to the Envoys, whose hand I discern in this ;)
    Anita said:
    Not at one right now, but is there a way to look through ecologist pathways?
    Look through, or see where it leads?  I think you can survey to see room name, but cannot actually see what is on the other side of it in terms of denizens and people.
  • Xenthos is correct. Survey displays the room it leads to, if you have the ability to see pathways.
  • Thanks very much!
  • Versalean said:
    Xenthos said:
    That is a really, really nice artefact then. Thank you, Team Godmin :) ETA: And thanks to the Envoys, whose hand I discern in this ;)
    There's more! Depending on which shell you have, you get bonus energy from shoving a powerstone in there. A full powerstone in the smallest shell gives it 105 charges.