Simple questions?

Comments

• Ianir said:
    Yeah, what Xenthos said there is right. They are however a slightly more potent powerstone I believe? Twice as many charges (for the purposes of enchanting, but I don't think this bonus is something I carried along to the powershell because oversight and the fact that there's literally only two players who seem to know what they are and have them hoarded either in their inventory or a freezer.
    According to the helpfile on auronidion particles, the auronispheres are actually inferior to powerstones.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Does CONFIG AUDITWARNING not consider things in your pack? Or am I just missing the warnings at login?
  • Audit and audit warning does not take into account things in your pack it seems.

I put all my decay stuff in my pack then loged in and got no audit warnings.

*** You have 83 unread message(s). ***
    You are blind and can see nothing but darkness.

Then took one item out and relogged and got an audit warning.

*** You have 1 item decaying within 3 months ***

I bugged it but Im not sure if this is working as intended or not.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Veyils said:
    Audit and audit warning does not take into account things in your pack it seems.

I haven't looked at the AB for audit lately, but I do definitely remember it having specific syntax for auditing items within containers you own.
  • I figured it was intended to be this way, but I wouldn't mind it including pack items too, either way.
  • edited July 2017
    Phoebus said:
    Veyils said:
    Audit and audit warning does not take into account things in your pack it seems.

I haven't looked at the AB for audit lately, but I do definitely remember it having specific syntax for auditing items within containers you own.
    Ah, my newbie shows! I didn't even realize audit was a skill! I've remedied the problem now. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Edit: Auditing my backpack, however, does not add it to a list of what I receive audit warnings for at login. It would be very cool if it did :innocent:
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    When do diminishing returns start kicking in initially for essence gain?  I'm trying to do a bit of number crunching for a couple of goals and want to take DR into consideration with regards to working out how long it will take me.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think it starts at 70 million, but it's pretty slow at the beginning.  I usually hover between 70 to 80m (when I get above 80 I just dump 10m into my cult).
    Ianir said:
    Kagato said:
    When do diminishing returns start kicking in initially for essence gain?  I'm trying to do a bit of number crunching for a couple of goals and want to take DR into consideration with regards to working out how long it will take me.
    75mil is when it starts taking place. This, however, does have the potential to change Soon™.
    I just spam-clicked Like on this many, many times.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Um, I'd hit like if it weren't ambiguous if the cap was going lower or higher, or getting removed. <<

edited July 2017
    Maligorn said:
    Um, I'd hit like if it weren't ambiguous if the cap was going lower or higher, or getting removed. <<
    Something I've been pushing for years has been along the lines of:
    1) Remove the cap entirely.
    2) Add a monthly drain of 5% to any essence you have over a certain amount (I usually suggest 100m, but this is negotiable).

The main goal of this is to make this so that the exp ranks become dynamic again; you can push your essence to larger and larger amounts, but the more you get the more effort you're going to have to put in to "maintain" it.

Basically, if you have 100m essence, you have no drain.  If you have 110m essence, you'll lose 500,000 essence at the month turn.  If you have 200m, you'll lose 5,000,000 at the month turn.

Obviously this is simply my idea and not a guarantee of anything we'd actually see implemented (they could definitely have their own ideas!) it's something I personally find appealing vs. the current cap system where nobody can ever compete and there's just no real incentive to put in the effort to push up essence even for a competitive person because it is impossible to ever catch up.

Edit: Obviously the % is also open to discussion, could be higher (10%) if they want to keep the top numbers down to more reasonable amounts.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2017
    Another question entirely:

When we're talking about the (heart) 'beat' of Shadowbeat, is it a slow and deliberate tempo or very quickened?

• I tend to think of Blues[or some variation like R&B, Bluegrass etc] when I think of Shadowbeat. Or maybe some Jazz, like we have a swamp and zombies so new orleans sometimes come to mind{well, we did have zombies...}.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Q: Is there a simple way to see how many of X I have in a pack etc? Rather than spam-taking-out-fifty so I can look in my inv?
  • A:LOOK IN PACK iirc....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Nope, Versalean is looking for a counter.  In your inventory you can do things like II EGG to get a total of all eggs in your inventory, but I don't know if there's anything similar for contents of a container.
  • Do orgbixes work on Muud?
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • No, they don't. It's considered an indoors area, so bixes won't work there.

Lerad said:
    No, they don't. It's considered an indoors area, so bixes won't work there.
    It's also "an Unknown Plane" so even if it wasn't indoors they wouldn't work.
  • edited July 2017
    Is the new 'Images Not Allowed' thing in signatures because of the photobucket fallout? Or just a thing related to the weird log in issues?

@Ianir

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    Where are you seeing the Images Not Allowed thing in signatures?  I'm actually seeing images now (for a long time the Lusternia banners were not actually displaying but it looks like that just got fixed, I can see my banner again).
  • edited July 2017
    Xenthos said:
    Where are you seeing the Images Not Allowed thing in signatures?  I'm actually seeing images now (for a long time the Lusternia banners were not actually displaying but it looks like that just got fixed, I can see my banner again).
    When I tried to remove the dead photobucket links and update with better ones, it tells me no images allowed in red, and wouldn't let me save the sig. So I had to delete everything.

Edit:

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • What's this about Photobucket?

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    They no longer allow you to embed your pics on third party sites without paying for a pretty absurdly priced premium account.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Arix said:
    What's this about Photobucket?

Amazon apparently got swamped with demands for payment when all the pictures got replaced with their new "default image".  This whole thing has resulted in a large number of unhappy people, especially when there were issues pulling your pictures out of photobucket without paying (not sure if that got rectified, but people were accusing them of blackmail and holding pictures for ransom).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    And instead of giving a heads-up to users of the free service that they would soon have to pay to embed images on other sites, PB just made a stealthy change to their terms of service in early July. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    And instead of giving a heads-up to users of the free service that they would soon have to pay to embed images on other sites, PB just made a stealthy change to their terms of service in early July. 
    Yeah.  Pretty underhanded.  As I heard, the change to the terms of service was also rather vague.
  • I bet I know the answer to this already, but I'll ask anyway.

Outside of the Wiki (which can be out of date), does there exist a definitive reference of each skill and when you learn new abilities within those skills?