Simple questions?

Comments

• Tridemon said:
    Versalean said:
    Xenthos said:
    The benefits of multiple powerstones (quantity depending on size and how many you stuff into it)!
    That is a really, really nice artefact then. Thank you, Team Godmin :) ETA: And thanks to the Envoys, whose hand I discern in this ;)
    There's more! Depending on which shell you have, you get bonus energy from shoving a powerstone in there. A full powerstone in the smallest shell gives it 105 charges.
    Billy Mays here?
  • Is there an honours line from Irshaw heights? If not, is there supposed to be?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Mrak said:
    Is there an honours line from Irshaw heights? If not, is there supposed to be?
    There are two.

Trill side is this: He aided the trill servants of Irshaw Heights in bringing inspiration to their masters.
    Bear side is this: He helped Piera Irshaw investigate the drugging of the tae'dae by their trill servants.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Portius said:
    Mrak said:
    Is there an honours line from Irshaw heights? If not, is there supposed to be?
    There are two.

Trill side is this: He aided the trill servants of Irshaw Heights in bringing inspiration to their masters.
    Bear side is this: He helped Piera Irshaw investigate the drugging of the tae'dae by their trill servants.

One side has you drug the tae'dae, and the opposing side has you inspire them?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2017
    I think it's called spin doctoring.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2017
    Drugging and inspiring are one and the same in this case. I think.

You kids and your spin doctoring. In my day, all we had were Two Princes, and the only inspiring drug was acid.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2017
    Did the monthly god affinity gain change recently among active order members? There is about a week difference of points (7k) between me and another active person (although I have more privs/higher order rank than them as well)

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot about the misweave the other week.
  • Tridemon said:
    Versalean said:
    Xenthos said:
    The benefits of multiple powerstones (quantity depending on size and how many you stuff into it)!
    That is a really, really nice artefact then. Thank you, Team Godmin :) ETA: And thanks to the Envoys, whose hand I discern in this ;)
    There's more! Depending on which shell you have, you get bonus energy from shoving a powerstone in there. A full powerstone in the smallest shell gives it 105 charges.

• Qs

1) What is an auronidion sphere?
    2) If you skin an artefact and then upgrade it, does it keep the skin?
  • Auronidion spheres are some byproduct of aetherhunting that afaik is no longer really utilised
  • Arix said:
    Auronidion spheres are some byproduct of aetherhunting that afaik is no longer really utilised
    I thought those were particles? Unless they're one and the same, hmm!
  • think particles are made into spheres
  • Reason I'm asking is because you can put them into powershells.
  • Particles can still be sold, I think, for gold. I'm not sure if it's used as a special currency to buy items from the gnome trader that takes them - I never did look into that part. It could have changed since I last knew.

Auronidion particles also don't drop from aetherhunting anymore (I'm not sure if it ever did) - as far as I know, it was (and still is) generated when focusing on a colossus during aetherflares. It may or may not have been generated in the older (and now-defunct) Nexus Weakenings - I wasn't an active player back when those were still around, so I've only heard stories. Not sure if I'm mixing it up with something else about this, but at the very least, it still is generated in colossi focusing.

• Lerad said:
    Particles can still be sold, I think, for gold. I'm not sure if it's used as a special currency to buy items from the gnome trader that takes them - I never did look into that part. It could have changed since I last knew.

Auronidion particles also don't drop from aetherhunting anymore (I'm not sure if it ever did) - as far as I know, it was (and still is) generated when focusing on a colossus during aetherflares. It may or may not have been generated in the older (and now-defunct) Nexus Weakenings - I wasn't an active player back when those were still around, so I've only heard stories. Not sure if I'm mixing it up with something else about this, but at the very least, it still is generated in colossi focusing.
    Yeah, the particles definitely came from the nexus-battles. I've never heard of the spheres though. Unless what Arix says, that they can be made into spheres? And that has power for the powershells? So many questions.
  • ******************************** ARTIFACT #846 *********************************

Cost:
      150 Credits

Artifact Description:
    - Holds up to 5 powerstones (500% reserves, 1000 power) of power.
    - Can PUT powerstones, powerplex jewels, and auronidion spheres into
    it.
    - Gains a 5% bonus on all powerstones put in.

Short Description: a shell of power
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You can take aetherdust and trade it for auronidian particles, or use particles from Flares (or both).  You use the particles to trade for auronidion spheres (via gnome traders).  You can then trade the spheres for gold (or apparently use as a power source, but they're worth a lot more gold so why not sell them and buy powerstones?).
  • Yeah, what Xenthos said there is right. They are however a slightly more potent powerstone I believe? Twice as many charges (for the purposes of enchanting, but I don't think this bonus is something I carried along to the powershell because oversight and the fact that there's literally only two players who seem to know what they are and have them hoarded either in their inventory or a freezer.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    (They still sell for way more than the cost of 2 powerstones, so even then you're better off selling the things!)
  • @Ianir - just one thing I want to bring up about the powershell. 1) It's awesome. 2) It's so awesome that if I didn't already have a powerplex I would have bought one when powershell was released. 3) It's a little too awesome, to the extent that I'm struggling to see the point in buying a second powerplex now that I have a powershell, or upgrading my powershell.

Well, okay, that's three things.
  • Being mostly out for a week and seeing my vote weight shift makes me wonder: Is your vote weight counted when you cast your vote, or when the election is called?
  • Maeko said:
    Being mostly out for a week and seeing my vote weight shift makes me wonder: Is your vote weight counted when you cast your vote, or when the election is called?
    It's calculated every Sunday based on your activity level over the previous week.
  • Kerith said:
    Maeko said:
    Being mostly out for a week and seeing my vote weight shift makes me wonder: Is your vote weight counted when you cast your vote, or when the election is called?
    It's calculated every Sunday based on your activity level over the previous week.
    That's how/when the vote weight CHANGES. I'm asking how it impacts an election. Say that I vote while my weight is 8. My vote weight then changes to 7 because I didn't play. The election then ends. Did I get 8 votes, or 7?
    Versalean said:
    @Ianir - just one thing I want to bring up about the powershell. 1) It's awesome. 2) It's so awesome that if I didn't already have a powerplex I would have bought one when powershell was released. 3) It's a little too awesome, to the extent that I'm struggling to see the point in buying a second powerplex now that I have a powershell, or upgrading my powershell.

Well, okay, that's three things.
    For most things you are right, but if you are a powerstone-heavy tradeskill (like enchanting) you can go through multiple stones at once.  In that case you can use your shell to avoid having to buy stones and multiple powerplexes let you restock much faster (with less need for replacement stones).

I personally do not see the need for the level 3 shell though, level 2 should cover everything.
  • Maeko said:
    Kerith said:
    Maeko said:
    That's how/when the vote weight CHANGES. I'm asking how it impacts an election. Say that I vote while my weight is 8. My vote weight then changes to 7 because I didn't play. The election then ends. Did I get 8 votes, or 7?
    Ah! Sorry, I misunderstood. Am curious to know the answer now, too. :)
  • Maeko said:
    Elections record your internal 'id' and who you voted for (think a dictionary/associative array). The tally is counted at the time of the election end by iterating through it. Vote weight at time of voting is recorded nowhere.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Ianir said:
    Maeko said:
    Elections record your internal 'id' and who you voted for (think a dictionary/associative array). The tally is counted at the time of the election end by iterating through it. Vote weight at time of voting is recorded nowhere.
    Wait, so if I vote, and then my vote weight changes, my vote changes to that weight when the election is tallied?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    When an election ends, your vote weight at that exact moment is the only thing counted. 
  • Ianir said:
    Yeah, what Xenthos said there is right. They are however a slightly more potent powerstone I believe? Twice as many charges (for the purposes of enchanting, but I don't think this bonus is something I carried along to the powershell because oversight and the fact that there's literally only two players who seem to know what they are and have them hoarded either in their inventory or a freezer.
    If I knew where to trade things I would totally do that, I have a full rift of the particles.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: