Simple questions?

Comments

• How do I get prompt to display in web client?
  • Lilyin! said:
    How do I get prompt to display in web client?
    In the Nexus settings, you can uncheck "Do not show any prompt lines at all" to enable them.
    Alternatively, CONFIG PROMPT ADD LINEBREAK will technically do it.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Tremula said:
    It's not, and you can expect a plethora of ailments until we find a cure. Including but not limited to:

Blacking out
    Vomiting
    Bleeding from your eyes
    Loss of control of your limbs
    Super painful cramps
    More and more.
    At some point in the Great Hunt I noticed I had lost whatever I had. Don't know why.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• How much does poison expert increases your chances of landing a poison by?
  • Is there something wonky going on with the gold throttle, or are my "normal" gold places just really consistently being cleared an hour before I come?
  • edited April 2018
    Mrak said:
    Is there something wonky going on with the gold throttle, or are my "normal" gold places just really consistently being cleared an hour before I come?
    There have been no changes to the gold throttle or any gold drop code in the last 8 months, and the last code change was improved logging for quest gold drops.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Another repeat-year issue: Elections started before the year change had an entire year added onto them.  There's a Darkhammer election with 320 days left on it right now!

That's a long election!
  • Yay! I'm not insane!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Xenthos said:
    Another repeat-year issue: Elections started before the year change had an entire year added onto them.  There's a Darkhammer election with 320 days left on it right now!

That's a long election!
    Referenda as well
  • Thanks, Hallifax.
  • Prestige submissions also were affected.
  • Is it possible that your hourglass spot spawns somewhere that you can't find?
  • edited April 2018
    Noira said:
    Is it possible that your hourglass spot spawns somewhere that you can't find?
    You can find them in the Avechna's Teeth, Avechna's Peak, Razine Mountains, Northern Mountains, Southern Mountains, Old Imperial road, Alabaster Road, Ackleberry Highway, Emerald Road (under Hallifax) and Great Southern Highway.

For the Northern Mountains and Southern Mountains the foothills of Serenwilde (north) and foothills of Glomdoring (south) are considered part of the Northern/Southern Mountain Areas. So it's possible that some people are missing them and giving up.

Edit:  To you question, no, you should be able to find your spot for the hourglass, it can just be a little tricky if not aware of the above.
  • I found it with this post, thank you! Apparently I had checked every area besides the Emerald Road.
  • Also, there are a few other "huh..." spots. Like the approaches to Mt. Wend count. So if you're seeing a lot of gold, but not getting the dust, try stepping off a square and see if you still get gold, or if it just goes dark.
    You can SURVEY a room to see what area it is in.  Some of those branches do not actually go to the new area immediately.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    DRAW ZODIAC IN <SALT|BLOOD>

1) How do I obtain blood? A couple aethershops actually sell it, so I know it can be gotten, but I don't know how to get it.
    2) Magical salt isn't salty enough, apparently. Why does only regular salt work for this? 
  • You can get blood from a manse fountain, I believe. No idea about other sources of blood or the merits of magical salt versus regular salt, sorry!
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • You cover your mouth to stifle a belch, and find yourself rewarded with a 50% experience boost.
    (p) 13500h, 9125m, 6800e, 10p ex-
    A hamster in a cage-wheel bursts out of your mouth, lands on the ground, and rolls to a stop.
    You fumble about drunkenly.
    You fumble about drunkenly.
    You feel your tolerance to alcohol increasing.
    You cover your mouth to stifle a belch, and find yourself rewarded with a 50% experience boost.
    A green parakeet bursts out of your mouth, flapping his wings madly as he descends to the ground.
    You cover your mouth to stifle a belch, and find yourself rewarded with increased ego.
    You let out a loud belch, startled slightly by the sound.
    A curious young kitten pounces out of your mouth, mewing as he lands safely upon his feet.

--------------------------

I belched four times (not the usual three); you normally get a critter and a prize each time. On the third belch, I got a prize but no critter. On the fourth I got a critter but no prize. Anyone ever see that before?
    Look at your log again.  On all of your other belches, there was a prompt (a delay) between the belch and the critter popping.

It looks like on your fourth one you got the command through before the critter popped, because it has no prompt delay; it may have given you the belch message because it hadn't fully processed the last poteen critter spawn, but no reward because it had already given three rewards.
  • Makes perfect sense, @Xenthos - thanks! :)
  • I know I'm fairly new, but wtf was that?
  • edited April 2018
    Bairloch said:
    I know I'm fairly new, but wtf was that?
    The Poteen Pot Curio in action. 
    It gives you a random critter for a RL day(I think?). Anyone could get a hamster in a ball, a curious kitten, a parakeet, puppy, plus a critter decided by your org(glom get aa dusky moth, halli get's a bird, not sure of the others)...
    You drink(which get's you drunk)and get a bonus plus animal....

The critter has no attacks[iirc?], follows you by default but can be set/commanded to follow some one else, and are one -hit-kills if someone wants to kill them. And persist in logout, plus give you a message when a day has passed or they get killed if you are not logged in at the time.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Any Psymets able to provide the new and updated AB of Psychometabolism?

Or can someone update to make it more current? <3

https://wiki.lusternia.com/Psychometabolism
  • Sure, if someone sends me the output of AB PSYCHOMETABOLISM. I have three orphaned skills and I don't know where in the skillset they go. 
  • This is probably a silly question, but can someone explain Delicacies to me from the Cooking tradeskill? There isn't a design pattern for them and I'm curious as to how you get it flagged as such.