Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    No you don't. Tis why I'm not even competing this round cause I'm over the drama. Only reason I even have rank right now is cause a swarm of mag's were like LET'S GO DO ASTRAL and after that a few are like POWERLEVEL ME MUNSY...I honestly plan to do much afking at the megalith this weekend. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    More the point, he's never -not- at the PC. Autobot sleepless Morkarion is go.

• I was rather under the impression that anything around Morkarion just plain dies after a while. Morkarion, the Savant of Slaughter, if you will. <_<
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Icewynd is horrifically spammy, like 20 lines a balance gain spammy.

#Firstworldproblems.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I'm not tired of influencing and hunting... no, not even a little.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    edited November 2013
    Kethaera said:
    I'm not tired of influencing and hunting... no, not even a little.
    Just be glad it's only a 3 day event, the week long ones are hell.

Then there's those weird people who set really stupid objectives for themselves...

Meanwhile I'm now seeing rows of indecipherable text scrolling down when I close my eyes, time for a short break I think >.<

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Message #1 sent by Xenthos (received: 2013/06/23 20:34:28)
       ((Never do a greathunt ever again. -Morkarion))

.. yeah, I forgot about that. I swear this is my last greathunt though, until the next one gets announced.

• edited November 2013
    Kiradawea said:
    With a guttural screech, Vasagi, the grotesque turns to the in and viciously snaps his beak at you.

---

Anyone know whose beastie this is? 
    Yea... He's mine. I'm a little lazy about my enemy list at the moment. (That scripts still on a very long to do list.)

Morkarion said:
    Message #1 sent by Xenthos (received: 2013/06/23 20:34:28)
       ((Never do a greathunt ever again. -Morkarion))

.. yeah, I forgot about that. I swear this is my last greathunt though, until the next one gets announced.
    I hear you on that. I've always sworn off great hunts once one ends. But the moment I see one pop I instantly go into 'KILL ALL THE THINGS' mode.

Edit: And regret it later.
    Thought of the day: Summoning someone into a group of mobs you seduced and letting them kill that person, so you avoid Avenger, really should be considered an exploit. And by that I mean beyond the standard "Oh you abused Avenger, have a flag" level, because it's pretty obvious what you're trying to do.

• Morkarion said:
    Thought of the day: Summoning someone into a group of mobs you seduced and letting them kill that person, so you avoid Avenger, really should be considered an exploit. And by that I mean beyond the standard "Oh you abused Avenger, have a flag" level, because it's pretty obvious what you're trying to do.
    Funny thing is. It happened while I was writing the above Tweet :P

Note to self: No matter how sleep deprived do not idle in hives.
    Oh it's not just hives, there's instances of it happening to people doing tunnel trash, which means they had to be declared.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Well, seducing mobs and then using them to kill anyone should be considered Avenger-flagged anyway. If it wasn't, that's a bug. Otherwise... uhhhh, not sure what the problem is. They got marked as a bully, they can't do it again in the next 30 days unless you derp. Granted, that stuff is about as ridiculous as summoning someone in Icewynd and gusting them into a mound, but I really don't see how it can be prevented except through judicious use of bush-forming powers.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I think that you need to declare in order to have seduced mobs hit, so they would have gotten status (not an Avenger exploit).
    Pretty sure dying to seduced mobs doesn't give the flag itself though, you need the declare for them to hit but death by them doesn't result in being Avenger flagged. That said I haven't had it happen to me in an age, but there was no flag for it back then.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    Pretty sure dying to seduced mobs doesn't give the flag itself though, you need the declare for them to hit but death by them doesn't result in being Avenger flagged. That said I haven't had it happen to me in an age, but there was no flag for it back then.
    Pretty sure that one was resolved when Avenger started flagging people that would gust others in death trap rooms. Even more so considering that they'd be performing an aggressive act shortly before by summoning you into said clump. Now, if you were in the hives and are enemied to the hives and the summoning happened from one hive to another (or to another location in the same hive)... well, there's your problem.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    They fixed that by making it you can't gust people into pits. It's not possible to gust someone into a mound now.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    If being killed by seduced mobs doesn't give status to the seducer, I recommend bugging it or issuing it to make sure the admin are aware of the problem.
    Morkarion said:
    Welcome to the woes of competitive influencing. Been happening for years. Dunno how one gets summoned in though? Keep your enemies rejected, don't get actual summoned which is channeled, gg?
    This isn't to do with greathunts, this is someone who does it to grief people, particularly lowbies who haven't a clue what is happening.

I never approved of that method of influencing. It's borderline but since it WAS changed to require declare it's still incredibly iffy.  Also people need to learn how to link Astral properly during the great hunt.
    Won't name names but I was told yesterday "Just drain it before someone else does" by someone else who competes in these greathunts.

Morkarion said:
    Won't name names but I was told yesterday "Just drain it before someone else does" by someone else who competes in these greathunts.

Oh I was told the same by two people today and I promptly told them off. There's a way to do astral for everyone that this isn't needed to drain to devoid and if people stopped being lazy about their bashing everyone could have the nodes and we won't have to wait the entire weekend to have nodes again
  • Me,  I just used the greathunt to finally get Lillie from 79 (where he's been for over an RL year) to 80 at last. No more eating or sleeping! I was kind of amused that I was in 3rd place overall for a while, until everyone else realized that the great hunt was on.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That awkward moment when you get pissed off because you got enemied for attacking someone unprovoked.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    That awkward moment when you get pissed off because you got enemied for attacking someone unprovoked.
    1: Wasn't unprovoked
    2: Why are you instigating on the forums?
    3: 'Pissed off' is the wrong word...I really just prefer 'Excuse to cause carnage'
    Munsia said:

Also people need to learn how to link Astral properly during the great hunt.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    "People are hunting on Astral, and I want it saved for later!" /= provocation
    Shaddus said:
    Munsia said:

Also people need to learn how to link Astral properly during the great hunt.

Yep, people. Did I say your name? No. You are only about 1/4th the problem. 

And actually that is provocation :) Also you're an enemy of Mag...provocation enough. How many times has it been deemed 'Just fine' to hunt enemies of each city? A lot, I can name quite a few who do it. So once again why are you wanting to start anything on the forums? 
    The other half for slaying him during.

This discussion has been closed.