Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Munsy wasn't there, Munsy doesn't ask questions. Munsy Smash
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Disregarding the current rant:
    Seduced mobs were changed to:
    1) Require declare (or the person be in enemy territory where they will autodeclare you), and
    2) Give status upon the death of the target if in Avenger-protected territory (non-enemy).

If you get summoned from one enemy territory to another (such as one Keph Hive to another) into a seduced mob stack, it's not technically "Avenger Avoidance" because you were in territory you were not protected in to begin with.

You should not be able to be forced into enemy territory; if someone is able to do so, that should probably be BUGged ASAP.

Note that I'm not condoning the behaviour, but that was the compromise solution reached with seduction to keep it working "as intended" without also being an issue-waiting-to-happen every 5 minutes.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Huh, must have been a bug at the time that status wasn't given. If it happens again I'll make a note.

Question, anyone know what happened to irescoreboard.com?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Morkarion said:
    Huh, must have been a bug at the time that status wasn't given. If it happens again I'll make a note.

Question, anyone know what happened to irescoreboard.com?

I believe it encouraged people to seek out and kill certain others. I know Krellan and Estwald had a bit of a feud going on after its release.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I had what appeared to be a true newbie today in Hallifax, who was only interested in tradeskills, and nothing else. This was acceptable of course, so I took them aside and explained how tradeskills worked. They weren't too happy to learn that you can't have multiple tradeskills at once without a major investment, and that you couldn't have custom named things without paying credits. 

Well, sorry :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I saw that person on Newbie and it was adorable but it was sad. :(
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I can understand their disappointment though, some people like beating stuff up for their experience, other people like influencing and debating, while some people enjoy playing the market and trying to make as much profit as they can (though as mentioned above, this method of play requires a substantial investment, particularly if you want more than one tradeskill)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2013
    Still, Lusternia's trade and crafting system is streets ahead. At the end of the day, you're not going to win Lusternia through tradeskills, but there's plenty of space to have fun and be creative. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • You -can- have custom stuff. It just requires the purchase of a cartel that you don't let others use!
  • Why are so many Serens coming to Celest? I'm not complaining, mind, but I'm slightly confused as to why all three citizenings I've been asked to do have been from the Serenwilde.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Well, depends on who they are. Could just be alts moving.
    Because they can kill cocidius
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I'm likely on the wrong side of this event right now, but it's still fun to be embroiled in things.
    I wonder if you can sue a God for gimmick infringement...

#totallynotserious #omgnewdivine #squee #usinghashtagswhennotontwitter

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

This is one of those times I wish we didn't have affinity.  I guess I can still offer to him though. 
  • Of course. The one night I go to bed early because of a headache. Now I shall have to wait for event posts. Patience does not sit well with me.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I just logged in to make sure my taxes were paid and I had no outstanding messages, when all of a sudden... mute furrikin bard...wanting a full advancement interview.

I'm pretty sure you guys are just screwing with me at this point.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Furrikin? That's Shaddus.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2013
    Talan said:
    I just logged in to make sure my taxes were paid and I had no outstanding messages, when all of a sudden... mute furrikin bard...wanting a full advancement interview.

I'm pretty sure you guys are just screwing with me at this point.
    Is he using his origamis?  :x

I designed the squirrels for him.

The mile long list of honors gives him away as an alt, and part of me wants to reject the super special snowflake brand of RP, especially when the game world doesn't really support "mute" as a character option... But it's a squirrelikin, so I'm willing to entertain the notion.

Then again, I don't have to do advancement interviews.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I bonded with my newbie lute today. This amuses me.
  • Daraius said:
    Yup. That's actually pretty clever, although I imagine it would get pretty expensive in terms of ink. It was certainly interesting. I hope he can meet up with some helpful healer-researchers who will cut him up and then sew him back together more properly... or else we will have to have a chat about the bodily renewal of the reincarnation process. The novelty of that stuff tends to wear off pdq. Nice to see new Symphonists though, and in the meantime it's always fun to abuse the handicapped.

(That's a joke. It's actually a fun challenge to be strict and unforgiving in the face of such a tragic character.)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Talan said:
    Daraius said:
    Yup. That's actually pretty clever, although I imagine it would get pretty expensive in terms of ink. It was certainly interesting. I hope he can meet up with some helpful healer-researchers who will cut him up and then sew him back together more properly... or else we will have to have a chat about the bodily renewal of the reincarnation process. The novelty of that stuff tends to wear off pdq. Nice to see new Symphonists though, and in the meantime it's always fun to abuse the handicapped.

(That's a joke. It's actually a fun challenge to be strict and unforgiving in the face of such a tragic character.)
    Dunno, people seem to want handicaps just for the 'fun' of it. I remember the random blind people I've run into and shoved faeleaf down the throats of... and in most cases it's rather pointless. Yes, yes... I know Elanorwen had a major stutter back when she first came into existence, but hey... at least I had an explanation and a background for it, not... "Uhhhhh, I'm just mute/blind/deaf because I am"

To me, a handicap that's only a handicap when you feel like it is pointless. Never mind when you get something like a mute bard... why a person who is incapable of speech (and by extension song) ever join a guild that would require them to sing is beyond me. Normally, if you really are incapable of talking, that would be a major consideration in your guild choice, and really, everything else. It would be the one major thing that is always on your mind. If you so much want to play that sort of character, idea the concept of code-enforced handicaps and let's see how many people actually use them after.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Well played, Gaudiguch.
    edited December 2013
    That was a pretty intense fight to be honest, I enjoyed it. You were close to having us a couple of times, GG.

We probably would have if our captain hadn't bailed out.
    Oh that's why you stopped, I thought you were taking some time to regenerate that Clarion on the chair.

No, I kept trying but they kept trying to drop shocks every time we found a new vortex, and I never had ten power in my prompt.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    No, I kept trying but they kept trying to drop shocks every time we found a new vortex, and I never had ten power in my prompt.
    Bad triggers?
    We were chasing them at one point, I'm guessing they were dropping them to slow down us / pursuing beasts, and had no idea that Sidd had jumped us ahead of them.

• Well, 't least someone enjoyed it.

Xenthos said:
    Shaddus said:
    Bad triggers?
    They functioned as they should. That is, created a shockwave whenever the captain called for one.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
This discussion has been closed.