Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Well, you heard the man... during Ascension, everybody attack Lerad.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Enyalida said:
    Interestingly, new (demi-)power costs are/were balanced around the top essence gatherers. That's part of why the caps were put in.
    Maybe I'm understanding this wrong. Are you saying they were made expensive? Cause all the powers are relatively cheap...the only expensive one is 75m and that's also well worth it due to the fact that it's worth 1000c
  • Wondering if I should learn Hexes for Ascension. Might not be worth it, if there won't be a decent fight anyway (in which case I'll just learn some Herbs or something).

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2014
    Munsia said:

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong. Are you saying they were made expensive? Cause all the powers are relatively cheap...the only expensive one is 75m and that's also well worth it due to the fact that it's worth 1000c

She is talking about the Ascendant powers.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ssaliss said:
    I just want to point two things out when it comes to perceived activity and fighting ability:

Stewartsville: The Grand Dominion of Hallifax
                        Estelbar: The Grand Dominion of Hallifax
                         Delport: The Holy Principality of New Celest
                        Rockholm: The Holy Principality of New Celest
                       Southgard: The Holy Principality of New Celest
                           Ptoma: The Free Forest of Serenwilde

Acknor: The Grand Dominion of Magnagora
                         Angkrag: The Free Collective of Glomdoring
                        Dairuchi: The Holy Principality of Gaudiguch
                          Paavik: The Free Collective of Glomdoring
                      Shanthmark: The Grand Dominion of Magnagora
                        Ixthiaxa: The Holy Principality of Gaudiguch
                      Rikenfriez: The Free Collective of Glomdoring
                         Talthos: The Grand Dominion of Magnagora

Cankermore: The Holy Principality of New Celest
                    Crumkindivia: The Holy Principality of New Celest
                         Dramube: The Holy Principality of New Celest
                        Facility: The Holy Principality of New Celest
                     Bottledowns: The Grand Dominion of Hallifax

Mucklemarsh: The Free Collective of Glomdoring
                            Xion: The Holy Principality of Gaudiguch
                       Frosticia: The Free Collective of Glomdoring

I wouldn't really say Celest/Serenwilde/Hallifax stands no chance in the upcoming ascension.
    While I appreciate the angle being taken here, this isn't really comparable to the ascension event. Victory in villages/flares requires different things, and they also don't occur on a time that is as precisely scheduled.

If you want a good predictor, I would look to wild nodes performance over the last few months. That's about the closest you'll get to an ascension event standard without doing the event itself.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Wildnodes is no more an indicator than villages really (excepting peaced revolts which can lead to a little variation). They are completely random in when they will start during their window (just like villages and flares). Ascension, everyone who cares will be there if they possibly can. The composition of forces has no comparison to any other event and speculation based on that is a bit faulty.

Going all negative about the whole thing is just bad, though. You are not just disincentivizing yourself but also your likely teammates, and that kind of attitude is very much a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xenthos said:
    Wildnodes is no more an indicator than villages really (excepting peaced revolts which can lead to a little variation). They are completely random in when they will start during their window (just like villages and flares). Ascension, everyone who cares will be there if they possibly can. The composition of forces has no comparison to any other event and speculation based on that is a bit faulty. Going all negative about the whole thing is just bad, though. You are not just disincentivizing yourself but also your likely teammates, and that kind of attitude is very much a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Eh, we'll see the turnout for Chaos... that should be a good enough indicator as to the Ascension situation. Like I said... I will try, but I doubt it'll go our way in the end.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Xenthos said:
    They are completely random in when they will start during their window (just like villages and flares).
    Not really. We can't even get a same day window for revolts/flares, whereas this can generally be counted on for nodes.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    Wildnodes is no more an indicator than villages really (excepting peaced revolts which can lead to a little variation). They are completely random in when they will start during their window (just like villages and flares). Ascension, everyone who cares will be there if they possibly can. The composition of forces has no comparison to any other event and speculation based on that is a bit faulty. Going all negative about the whole thing is just bad, though. You are not just disincentivizing yourself but also your likely teammates, and that kind of attitude is very much a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Eh, we'll see the turnout for Chaos... that should be a good enough indicator as to the Ascension situation. Like I said... I will try, but I doubt it'll go our way in the end.
    This is actually a pretty fair assessment. Chaos pretty much foreshadowed last year, 

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Kagato said:

The only exception to this will be the Seal of Death challenge, Celestines simply can't hold up against the kill rates of melee classes (I don't think I've seen a guardian class win one of the Great Hunts in a LONG time now)
    Going to address this, Saoirse has done exceptionally well before and placed high without bashing crazy hours throughout the weekend like most people who tend to win (this last one was a blip due to timing, and the fact the top two decided to tie rather than compete)

Give a Celestine a full weekend and stick them on muud/astral etc and they'll really make a push for #1st. That unmissable scaling divinus damage yo.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Sugar runs through Saoirse's veins.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:
    Sugar runs through Saoirse's veins.
    By the looks of things so does caffeine, starch and cocaine.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Some people in Hallifax are seriously harshing my mellow.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Some people in Hallifax are seriously harshing my mellow.
    Yeah, forget ascension. If this stupid drama doesn't die down or these people don't learn to mature, that is what will send me into a blind fury and rage.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2014
    I just want to know how Daraius became a camp counselor.  :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I keep saying you guys should just let me decap them once and if they keep bitching, remove them from the city altogether... but nobody listens. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Elanorwen said:
    I keep saying you guys should just let me decap them once and if they keep bitching, remove them from the city altogether... but nobody listens. :P
    The fact that the aero champion flexed to knight for an extended time should worry your city altogether.
    Munsia said:
    Elanorwen said:
    The fact that the aero champion flexed to knight for an extended time should worry your city altogether.
    Dunno about an extended time. I have the tam, so I can flex every 3 days... and I usually do it so I can take people out bashing places and tank for them (Because really, I'm probably the person with the most health in the city). I have been back and forth between warrior and mage three times so far, and if my understanding is correct, I can switch back to mage at any point in time, I just can't go back to warrior within 3 days of switching to warrior. Of course, I could be wrong (And will probably test that idea next time I flex)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I found one side of an ancient argument in one of my cltells that I can't unsee.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Such insluting don't think I didn't notice that, doge. I'm telling Entrias!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Chaos event is a terrible indicator because there are no more war shrines.
    No you just shield/heal whoever got the Hamster.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited January 2014
    That's not enough to stop me. Lack of distort will make it a lot more dynamic. Gravity too.

Oh man there is a death timer now too.
    Non perma Greatpent will be more of a change I feel.

• Elanorwen said:

Munsia said:

Elanorwen said:

Dunno about an extended time. I have the tam, so I can flex every 3 days... and I usually do it so I can take people out bashing places and tank for them (Because really, I'm probably the person with the most health in the city). I have been back and forth between warrior and mage three times so far, and if my understanding is correct, I can switch back to mage at any point in time, I just can't go back to warrior within 3 days of switching to warrior. Of course, I could be wrong (And will probably test that idea next time I flex)

But you don't take me bashing
    Annick said:
    But you don't take me bashing
    Have yet to even see you online.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Nothing will change about ascension unless the terrible lag gets fixed.
  • I'm 16 with a staff you know it's me
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sorry to whichever divine that was that I kept buzzing with my untrapped errors. Blame Munsia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.