Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Sorry to whichever divine that was that I kept buzzing with my untrapped errors. Blame Munsia.
    She was told there could be some errors :p
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2014
    Hope it wasn't my guild... /crossfingers
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2014
    Nope.

(the following quotes are paraphrasing what  happened)

I dusted off a small newbie I had made just for the intro, bought a handful of credits and started learning a few skills. As I'm learning, Randompersonnotinmyguild says to me, "That tertiary skill you're learning isn't very useful. Go ahead and forget it, and wait until your guild mates pop up and ask them what to pick instead."

Dutifully, I play along.

So I ask, "What's wrong with it?"

RPNIMG says, "I don't know, but it's just not very useful. You should pick this instead."

Me: "Why? How is this second skill useful?"

RPNIMG: "I don't know, but a lot of people pick that."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Shaddus said:
    Nope.
    10 gold says I know who it is. And I'm sorry, man. :(
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    It was me :(
    No, because you don't teach newbies :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited January 2014
    I'm fairly sure it wasn't me, because while I do teach newbies, it's generally about questing, for some reason...
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Shaddus said:
    No, because you don't teach newbies :D
    I teach them how to survive....
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Zouviqil said:
    Shaddus said:
    Nope.
    10 gold says I know who it is. And I'm sorry, man. :(
    10 gold is nothing.

I really want to say it was Celest and the Aquamancers, but they didn't mention your Primary...
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited January 2014
    Earlier today my laptop gasped out her last breath, a wheezing cough of stray processes and misplaced posts. Refer to Real World Raves for the exciting conclusion to this harrowing tale!

On a more Lusternian note I'm quite pleased with my decision to reread the lore from the beginning.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

I also had another person in the same org tell me that I shouldn't learn Combat (7 lessons in for weapon probe), but that my guild skills were a better use of my lessons.

When I replied that I couldn't learn any more in my guild skills because I was still a novice, they told me that I could just learn them from my guild tutor.
  • Pfffhahaha. Poor Shaddus.

Nihilists have had a couple of good newbies come thorough; I can't wait until I can grab one and mentor them. Mentor RP seems so fun but I've never had a chance to/had a protege who stuck around.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Minstrels...yeah. If we could just stop getting the kind of novices we have been for a while, I'd be completely content.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Oh man, @Shaddus, if it was in my guild, let me know. I'll beat them with the business end of a bookbinding chop.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited January 2014
    The levels people will go to spite other people or orgs annoys me.

...look Gaudiguch had it coming back then. (inb4potkettle)
  • Did not think I would have to say this. I am not an alcoholic or a drug addict. Granted my behavior at times has not been stellar.. It does actually hurt my feelings when you suggest I'm drunk when I do something.
  • Yay telling my future husband I will flay his skin from his flesh.. Nif ain't got noting on me
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    The eyes of a swift amber dragon turtle with ultramarine wings swirl about in a
    kaleidoscopic array of swirling colours, which turn to gaze directly at Alary.
    Alary stares blankly into space, her eyes flashing with purple spots.
    #h, #m, #e, 4p, 24900en, 25625w esSixkd-
    You raise a hand towards Alary and blast her with cold, frigid air.
    Ice crystals form over the skin of Alary, and her face becomes twisted in pain
    as her flesh begins to freeze.
    #h, #m, #e, 0p, 24900en, 25530w sSixkd-(-500m, 8.8%)

Dat power cost :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Your link to the Megalith of Doom is severed as your power reserves are saturated.

I've never been at 100% reserves before!

• Boy, aren't I dumb. Right after Deino released the gorgogs last night, I go to bash them out, and get jumped by Morkarion. After running a few times, he brings in Malarious, so I say screw it and try to fight.

Guess who didn't know that he still had his divinus whip wielded for about 2-3 minutes... (it's me)

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I only brought in Malarious to hold you still so you'd stop running D:

I was wondering why I kept getting kicked and not hit by tahto as well, also curse my wounds on you. Double critical legs and still scoring lacerates, and critical head leading to double hackdown on chest. Damned RNG -.-

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    Running keeps me alive :D
    Tavon said:
    Morkarion said:
    Running keeps me alive :D
    I'm still not sure why a Tahtetso is running from a Knight, apply hemi to all keybinds and mash keyboard with forehead.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    I'm still not sure why a Tahtetso is running from a Knight, apply hemi to all keybinds and mash keyboard with forehead.

I am bad. (seriously) Also, I have 6 million essence only, I didn't feel like dying in enemy territory.

Maybe next time.

Hunting enemy territories don't count as anything other than a standard prime death. It's only enemy org territory (and off prime enemy org territories) that come with the painful essence loss.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Was that changed recently?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    No idea, but I've died in Kephera hives, admittedly that was a while ago, and it was nowhere near the 5 mil I'd lose on enemy prime.

• Not really recent, if this is when it changed:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #1776
    [spoiler]
    Date: 5/6/2011 at 18:49
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Important Updates!

We've re-tweaked the influence formulas, so influencing of smaller level
    mobs is a little harder and not so much of a slam-dunk. Also, we've
    readjusted gold drops, esteem and xp from influencing as it slightly
    skewed too high.

There will now only be a steep essence penalty for demigods+ when dying
    in enemy territories controlled by a commune or city, or those areas
    controlled by a guild (i.e., earth plane, water plane, Nil, Celestia,
    ethereal Serenwilde, ethereal Glomdoring). In other words, dying in
    enemy territories controlled by denizens will not result in the essence
    penalty. Nothing else is changed with how enemy territories work.

For those territories controlled by denizens, you may also start to see
    guards appear to help protect those denizens in the next coming weeks.

Finally, we are aware that the weather seems to be a little out of whack
    in some areas. This is something that we are working on, and we may need
    to bite the bullet and completely recode the weather system. Please bear
    with us.

Penned by My hand on the 18th of Juliary, in the year 297 CE.
    [/spoiler]
This discussion has been closed.