Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Congratulations to Gaudi/Glom/Mag Ascendant/Demigod x on your Ascension, I hope you had fun in the time before it.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I've learned never to take things for granted in this game, besides there were several posts made a few months back encouraging you guys to pull together.

Some of us don't actually want a repeat of last year, y'know.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It just will be if people are going to be flopping over like that. Which is sad because there are some quite competent people on that side, who are undermined by such lack of faith
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't say it brings out the best in players. It brings out who can be the most annoying in players. Harmony is always trolled.

It's also the laggiest time of year. I can't remember an Ascension that wasn't shooting off 2-5 minute delayed commands.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'mma just submit something for Beauty and be done with it.  O:-)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Gonna hopefully be catching up to a lot of missed books/movies/shows.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Will ganksquad for credits
  • Can't decide which character to purchase my homestead on...
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Vadi said:
    It just will be if people are going to be flopping over like that. Which is sad because there are some quite competent people on that side, who are undermined by such lack of faith
    Eh, when during revolts/whatevers, scent is showing me 30+ enemies to 4 allies (me included), I'm not going to have high expectations to get an ascendant on our side. I was actually hoping they'd cancel it considering the short build up to it, but guess not.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Cause that's not an exageration... 
    edited January 2014
    Munsia said:
    Cause that's not an exageration... 
    It really isn't. That's the count we had during the Rikenfriez revolt. I cleared out my enemy list and tried enemying everyone that wasn't Halli/Seren/Celest on scent and ended up without enough slots.

EDIT: And we had 4 people.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    There were more than four of you, closer to 10, unless you're counting those first few seconds where people are gathering up/making their way there. Stop exaggerating, people take you less seriously when you make up numbers or skew facts.

And that was one revolt, if we gave up because we'd been badly outnumbered in one revolt or flare or wildnodes, the south would be in a far worse state than it is. The whole "We get outnumbered, so why bother" is nothing more than a self fulfilling prophecy.

Kelly has it spot on, it's better to try and fail than never try at all, and further more you're always in with a chance.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Yes, yes, I always skew all the numbers and I'm always telling lies. Here's the thing, though... even 10 people versus 30 is pointless to attempt. And the numbers will be worse during Ascension, so unless our side manages to acquire every seal (Not going to happen, I doubt we'll get more than three, if that), then Ascension goes to your side. But we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? I'll see what you're saying when Ascension does roll through.

edited January 2014
    Maybe the final Ascension challenge will be, like, a Vengeance game or something instead of the whole holding-the-staff thing that skews to combatants.
    I used to make cakes.

• Fingers crossed for being on the assassin team.
    :D

Yep, my money's on Maligorn for TA.
    I used to make cakes.

Elanorwen said:
    Yes, yes, I always skew all the numbers and I'm always telling lies. Here's the thing, though... even 10 people versus 30 is pointless to attempt. And the numbers will be worse during Ascension, so unless our side manages to acquire every seal (Not going to happen, I doubt we'll get more than three, if that), then Ascension goes to your side. But we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? I'll see what you're saying when Ascension does roll through.
    Because you've never had fights where people won despite 3v1 odds using co-ordination and teamwork.

Seriously, one revolt where you had terrible numbers is not an excuse to claim there's no point to anything. We've been outnumbered plenty of times, did you see us all give up? No.

But then again you already said if I was getting it (or someone like me) you'd trade in your artifacts and quit PvP, so it's like talking to a brick wall with you.

• There is nothing to worry about... The winner of every seal will be an alt of me or Shaddus. Then we will Rock Paper Scissors who will get TA
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Personally I have not really given any major effort in the past towards any of the seal challenges mainly due to the time difference between NZ and Lusternia, plus other RL commitments, but this year I'm determined to give the seal attempts a solid shot and try to secure one of the seals (even though my chances are probably extremely low)

The only exception to this will be the Seal of Death challenge, Celestines simply can't hold up against the kill rates of melee classes (I don't think I've seen a guardian class win one of the Great Hunts in a LONG time now)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • everybody now has access to whips, which makes things slightly different
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."

Parua said:
    everybody now has access to whips, which makes things slightly different
    Not really, whips solve one issue which was the general imbalance of damage types spread across guilds and organisations. It means more people can compete in things like hunts or in some cases even bash without having to suffer crap resistances (Sup Nihilists) but Death seal is more than just your killing speed and choice of targets.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I think it's supposed to be balanced under the optimal level people like Kelly and Morkarion have reached.
  • edited January 2014
    Annick said:
    There is nothing to worry about... The winner of every seal will be an alt of me or Shaddus. Then we will Rock Paper Scissors who will get TA

You or Shaddus? You mean you aren't the same person?!
    Enyalida said:
    I think it's supposed to be balanced under the optimal level people like Kelly and Morkarion have reached.
    I absolutely agree, anything in this game that gets balanced to the levels of min/maxing that some of us have achieved is going to massively alienate the majority.

Content should never be designed where only the 1% can enjoy it. If a new area came out tomorrow that was tailored so the mobs did damage that challenges my HP I'd be the first person to say "This is stupid."

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Interestingly, new (demi-)power costs are/were balanced around the top essence gatherers. That's part of why the caps were put in.
  • I'm with Shu on this one. I want a quiet, easy ascension, peeps. Make some alts and join Glomdoring for the win. Literally. If there's competition, I won't be able to do my usual dota+lol alt-tabbing multi-tasking shizzle at the same time, yo.

This discussion has been closed.