Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Well, you're certainly entitled to whatever opinion you have! I'm not active, I have no horse in this race.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Munsia said:
    MMmmm, people killing noncoms again. I might have to start up my own slaughter again..
    Usually try to avoid noncoms. Still, being that I've seen the individual in question fighting in domoths and suchlike, I'd say that qualifies for being a combatant. *shrug* Plus, it'll teach them to set their manse perms properly, eh?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    MMmmm, people killing noncoms again. I might have to start up my own slaughter again..
    Usually try to avoid noncoms. Still, being that I've seen the individual in question fighting in domoths and suchlike, I'd say that qualifies for being a combatant. *shrug* Plus, it'll teach them to set their manse perms properly, eh?
    No, it will teach them to not sell to you.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I miss the envoy server.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited January 2014
    EDIT: Eh, whatever... not worth the keystrokes.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited January 2014
    Obviously was.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited January 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Still, being that I've seen the individual in question fighting in domoths and suchlike, I'd say that qualifies for being a combatant. 
    From the amounts of complaints from Seren/Celest/Halli when the same logic has been applied before, I'd say no it's not.

Edit: I took out the snark, in case the point was lost.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I've always been of the opinion that once someone participates in things outside of defending(not counting revolts), they move into the combatant territory.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'm not so sure about that. "Combatant" implies that they do such things actively & aggressively; someone who only tries it a couple of times might decide that PvP isn't for them and slide back into noncom status.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

Someone suddenly getting ripped from your location and immolated, when they aren't actually dead.

That's not something you see every day.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I understand people want to sell their wares and there is a trade element and economy to the game.

But if you're going to use automatic timed adverts people, tone them the f##k down, if we didn't buy 15 minutes ago, we aren't going to buy now.

• edited January 2014
    @lillie this is my exact experience with combat. Also, there is a big difference in my mind between participating in 'official' conflict pvp that a LOT of guilds'/orgs' RP renders compulsory (or at least highly advised if you want to be noticed and promoted), and signing up for the 'endgame' of killing people while hunting/questing/mudsexing to settle personal grudges and win kudos. There's no way a post-novicehood ur'Guard, for example, would be allowed to refuse to attend a revolt/domoth/nil defence - and thus there's NO way that following orders/rp should be viewed as putting them on the same level as Munsia/Elanorwen/other top combatants with like a decade of experience and accumulated credits etc. Even if some little jerk DID kick a hornets' nest, I'd like to hope that after a short and educational beatdown the top-tier players would give them a chance to lick their wounds and maybe apologise... lol. 
    edited January 2014

Morkarion said:
    Someone suddenly getting ripped from your location and immolated, when they aren't actually dead.

That's not something you see every day.
    Think we have a bug that involves corpses sticking around even after the person has finished praying/phoenixing/etc.

EDIT: @Reyl - If I see someone attacking me while my city is trying to claim a domoth, weeeeeell... I'll add them to a mental list of fighters. Either way, the person in question was told why she was attacked and she chose to bring Munsia into the picture. That's her decision, but seeing that, I'm likely to just do it again, even more so when the repercussions were thrown on someone who doesn't even know what a domoth is (Not to mention I'm aware of three more attempts since that for one kill). As to people deciding later on that PvP is not for them... am I supposed to be a mind reader?

• Vivet said:
    Morkarion said:
    I understand people want to sell their wares and there is a trade element and economy to the game.

But if you're going to use automatic timed adverts people, tone them the f##k down, if we didn't buy 15 minutes ago, we aren't going to buy now.
    I feel like the timed advertisements are a waste in general, if they're only for shops. I don't go buy things in Lusternia unless I need them, broadcasting your wares/shop doesn't change that!

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the one targeted in Mork's post (my ads run on a timer of one hour, which I feel is pretty fine), but my reasons for having a timed ad isn't to entice oldbies into my shops (they generally know it exists already, and have already made a decision to shop or not shop there), but rather to newbies who might have problems finding fills and whatnot. So even if it's a waste to you, I don't think it's a waste to everyone.

Although yes, I agree, ads that run every 15 minutes and/or ads that are always the same tend to become tiring.
  • I re-found one of my favorite Bardics!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Even novices should figure out pretty quickly how to do PORTAL SEARCH SHOPS <foo> and just go to the lowest price. If your shop has the lowest price, great! If not, all the advertising in the world isn't likely to increase your business, unless people really like you - or the other shop has a hard to type name.
  • NochtNocht Glomdoring
    Ieptix already asked for it to stop, so please stop.

Thanks
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Reyl said:
    /mudsexing to settle personal grudges and win kudos

I'm apparently doing this wrong.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I will come back from dormancy solely to save @Synkarin from the horrors of @ardmore.
  • Bitch, what'chu say? Somebody hold my hair extensions!
  • edited January 2014
    My future wifey is a ninja. Forever moving away too fast, the air gets my kisses.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I somehow managed to touch the throne before people could type out "wait" or "don't". And died. It was hilarious.
  • @zouviqil been there, done that, feel yr pain lol
  • Reyl said:
    @zouviqil been there, done that, feel yr pain lol
    Pretty sure I was present in both instances...

... I should stop taking people to the Throne.
This discussion has been closed.