Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

Because suggesting more aethership combat suddenly turns this game into a giant sandbox based around a 100% run player economy without game side seeded items, where everything is crafted, researched and constructed by the playerbase, death results in permanent loss of items and the entire purpose of the game is that you can completely screw someone over using OOC metagame and it's not only legal but encouraged and applauded by the admin.

See, having a wish to see an already existing part of the game and it's mechanics be utilised more so crazy tactics like mass fuse flashpoints to bait ships for well rehearsed ganks can be pulled off is as much "making this game" EVE Online as having a stole that depicts a weeping angel makes this world suddenly Dr Who.

Your argument is terrible.
    Woah... I'm not the one foaming at the mouth over this. That said, more zerg-like tactics is definitely what Lusternia does NOT need. EVE's biggest defining feature is not sandbox gameplay or player-run economics either, I'm afraid. Its biggest defining feature is the amount of griefers/scammers that are in that game. If you'd like to see Lusternia be more like that, sure, go on right ahead. I, for one, do not. What's next? We're gonna start selling closed presents that supposedly contain 50mil gold worth of goods in them in 5mil gold, anonymous raffles, and then claim that 5 other people recently won, the other persons just weren't lucky to get a present with goodies?
    No, because those would be horrible ideas.

You're also not reading what I wrote, clearly. If you want to make strawman arguments though go ahead, just do it without me.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sounds like someone just likes to argue.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    More aetherspace OBVIOUSLY means griefers and scammers. How can you not follow that logic. Which will LOGICALLY lead to counterfeit presents to scam people out of gold. I mean, hello. It's so obvious.
  • I made a noob mistake. :S
  • Ried said:
    I made a noob mistake. :S
    I did it a few weeks ago too lol
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Days trying to figure out how to summarize one freaking IG scroll, skipping out on any lengthy fun RP opportunities so I can make it more readable.

Sadness.
  • edited March 2014

Your book as been published. It now undergoes a review period of three hundred years and after 
    that period passes before the Divine Scholars, after which the publication process is completed. 
    This appears in the city log, and I can inform you of it at the time if you like.

Three hundred years is older than all of my characters combined.  Lol.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Enjoying roleplay with a youngin, casually mention family....and have them openly admit they were approached and coached right from the portal and they now feel compelled to join that family even if they think it might not be the right choice. HARUMPH that is frustrating. STOP NOVICE SWARMING, PEOPLE! /gripe

Somewhere on the internet is a review of Lusternia that refers to it as "a dating sim". I'm sure of this, because all of the newbies lately have read this review and that's why they came to Lusternia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Somewhere on the internet is a review of Lusternia that refers to it as "a dating sim". I'm sure of this, because all of the newbies lately have read this review and that's why they came to Lusternia.
    I'm all for people playing how they want to play and whatnot, but...yeah. When you have the same handful of them bouncing back and forth across multiple alts to engage in the same sexcapades, attention seeking and nexus pity parties, it gets to be a little tiring.

Also: coffee almonds are my new favorite snack. Sogood.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Getting to hide behind the rules for a position to thwart, even if temporarily, the wishes of a Divine that your character is cheesed at?  Tastes delicious.

Sorry, @Siam :D
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2014
    *stroke scythe*

also:

@zouviqil I was the only S-named GA, I hope?

And how come S-names are not represented?! @Ssaliss has enough s's for us to be statistically relevant!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    <3@Siam.  But I really did have to go to bed right then.  :)
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Is this a bearhug, @Tarkenton?!  :-O
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Realizing and totally forgetting that Aicuthi has a metal arm just like Yomoigu.

If she joins Isune's Order, will she trigger PTSD?  The possibilities...

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Aicuthi had one first!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Well... did Yomoigu have one before He went to the void, or was it not made until after He returned?  If the latter, he is totally a copycat. :o
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya said:
    My children don't seem to realise that mobbing me while I am being ganked is a bad thing. Time to turn them into  pk army (just as soon as they get this reading business down).
    When they are mobbing you, imperiously point your finger at the foe and say, "Kill."
  • edited March 2014
    Raves to @Tajalli for letting me try some non-Harbinger Shadowbeat roleplay!

[edit]... this is what I get for clicking on Tweets instead of Raves like I meant to...
  • edited March 2014
    Xenthos said:
    Well... did Yomoigu have one before He went to the void, or was it not made until after He returned?  If the latter, he is totally a copycat. :o

I'd be curious to find out.

Aicuthi lost hers during the Tar Pit Wastes incident, when the Slaghora'ruin attacked the forest.  She plunged her arm into one of the slimes to extract a sample during an autopsy and it started melting off; back at the Institute they tried healing it but the flesh never returned(rumor is that they were Soulless or something close to it, but that is up for debate).  So Ileein performed surgery and made her a skysilver arm.

This was when Harmonics was still a fairly new skillset, and I remember one of the CrystalWeapons(was it the resonator?), was a glove-like contraption that fit perfectly with what had happened.

The idea was actually inspired my Tzaraziko's hand fusing with the Eye of Illith.  

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Xenthos said:
    He lost it as he was going into the void, in the process of... saving Someone important to him. So I am doubtful of PTSD triggering.
    If @Masamune doesn't go pureblade, I'm going to grief him.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    If @Masamune doesn't go pureblade, I'm going to grief him.
    Grief away, it's a harbinger.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Xenthos said:

The question is fundamentally flawed: My magnificent self never fled to the Void.
  • Yomoigu said:
    Xenthos said:

The question is fundamentally flawed: My magnificent self never fled to the Void.

Is that a well-buried aphorism for...

*spoiler alert*

We are already in the Void and therefore nothing was ever created or destroyed.

Yomoigu said:
    Xenthos said:

False Memory? You're in the wrong org, sir.
  • Shaddus said:
    Yomoigu said:
    Xenthos said:

False Memory? You're in the wrong org, sir.
    ummm he was trapped in a contraption, he never went into the Void
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
This discussion has been closed.