Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

Zouviqil said:
    People are making me want to alt in Hallifax.

I do know, however, that it's a trap.
    There are no traps. All the details are written out! Finding them is another matter.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Vivet said:

Zouviqil said:
    People are making me want to alt in Hallifax.

I do know, however, that it's a trap.
    There are no traps. All the details are written out! Finding them is another matter.
    Just look for the room marked "Beware: mountain lions".

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    The other thing is, I don't even know what I would play as in Hallifax, especially since I don't want to be a trill, and I don't know how to describe lucidians....

She is a prismatic lucidian and is a living rock. She glows with emotions from time to time. Watch and you'll see. She is wearing a pair of glassblade gloves, a grey tunic, plain grey trousers, and a canvas backpack.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You can be things other than trill or lucidian. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I still need to make a lobo in Halli just to interact with Daraius one of these days.  Soon.
    Daraius said:
    You can be things other than trill or lucidian. :(
    I could, but then I'll probably never make level 80, and everyone who RPs knows that being under level 80 bites because you need to sleep. :(

... I guess I could try rolling a tae'dae sentinel or something... not like I know how to warrior. What could possibly go wrong?™
    Zouviqil said:
    The other thing is, I don't even know what I would play as in Hallifax, especially since I don't want to be a trill, and I don't know how to describe lucidians....

She is a prismatic lucidian and is a living rock. She glows with emotions from time to time. Watch and you'll see. She is wearing a pair of glassblade gloves, a grey tunic, plain grey trousers, and a canvas backpack.
    --[ Recommended Races]--------------------------------------------------------
    aslaran      faeling      human        merian       trill
    elfen        furrikin     lucidian     mugwump   

Technically, I'd have said dracnari too, but eh... Dracs are Gaudi-based, so... *shrug* Anyway... you got plenty of choices there. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Yeah, lucidians are kind of hard, since they're humanoid but lack in a lot of the common features we use to tell humans apart-- no hair, no skin color. Here's a few suggestions for questions to answer in a lucidian description. While they are almost universally translucent, and change color to indicate emotional state, their bodies do tend to have a dominant hue which changes slowly if at all, so a lucidian may for example be primarily amethyst-tinged. This color often has gradients, shading lighter or darker throughout the body. Opalescence is common. More superficially, lucidians tend to be creatures of planes and angles; common words are "angular" or "austere." Eye colors are often jewel tones, ranging from your usual sapphire blues and emerald greens to beryl yellow, ruby red, and amethyst purple. Many have spiky things on their heads that vaguely emulate hair. Sometimes it actually looks like hair, and sometimes it's more like spiky crystals that you'd see in a geological museum. Hope that helps!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Ileein said:
    Yeah, lucidians are kind of hard, since they're humanoid but lack in a lot of the common features we use to tell humans apart-- no hair, no skin color. Here's a few suggestions for questions to answer in a lucidian description. While they are almost universally translucent, and change color to indicate emotional state, their bodies do tend to have a dominant hue which changes slowly if at all, so a lucidian may for example be primarily amethyst-tinged. This color often has gradients, shading lighter or darker throughout the body. Opalescence is common. More superficially, lucidians tend to be creatures of planes and angles; common words are "angular" or "austere." Eye colors are often jewel tones, ranging from your usual sapphire blues and emerald greens to beryl yellow, ruby red, and amethyst purple. Many have spiky things on their heads that vaguely emulate hair. Sometimes it actually looks like hair, and sometimes it's more like spiky crystals that you'd see in a geological museum. Hope that helps!
    You are ten sides of awesome.

Dear Hallifaxians, when I make my alt, please do not grief it.

• Zouviqil said:
    Ileein said:
    Yeah, lucidians are kind of hard, since they're humanoid but lack in a lot of the common features we use to tell humans apart-- no hair, no skin color. Here's a few suggestions for questions to answer in a lucidian description. While they are almost universally translucent, and change color to indicate emotional state, their bodies do tend to have a dominant hue which changes slowly if at all, so a lucidian may for example be primarily amethyst-tinged. This color often has gradients, shading lighter or darker throughout the body. Opalescence is common. More superficially, lucidians tend to be creatures of planes and angles; common words are "angular" or "austere." Eye colors are often jewel tones, ranging from your usual sapphire blues and emerald greens to beryl yellow, ruby red, and amethyst purple. Many have spiky things on their heads that vaguely emulate hair. Sometimes it actually looks like hair, and sometimes it's more like spiky crystals that you'd see in a geological museum. Hope that helps!

/griefs
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Isune said:

Zouviqil said:
    Ileein said:

/griefs
    Pray to Isune Please don't grief ZouAlt, we need to steal her heart from Viravain
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Tarkenton said:
    Male tae'dae namegen names are terrible, and whoever wrote the code for it should be shot.

18. Brodoo
    5. Poodoo
    7. Bobput
    10. Ero
    I've gotten Poo and Tomato.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    Tarkenton said:
    Male tae'dae namegen names are terrible, and whoever wrote the code for it should be shot.

18. Brodoo
    5. Poodoo
    7. Bobput
    10. Ero
    I've gotten Poo and Tomato.
    My all-time favorite is still Shirtpee

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Zouviqil said:
    Ileein said:

Some Artisinals for you to help picture things

http://www.lusternia.com/artisanal/first-impressions-fareneth

http://www.lusternia.com/artisanal/aidayi-lars

http://www.lusternia.com/artisanal/lucidian-lady

http://www.lusternia.com/artisanal/vanity-0

If you think that sculpted hair thing is just Ai'dayi and artistic license, take a look at @Nihmriel's forum avatar.

• Maligorn said:
    Zouviqil said:
    Ileein said:

Some Artisinals for you to help picture things

http://www.lusternia.com/artisanal/first-impressions-fareneth

http://www.lusternia.com/artisanal/aidayi-lars

http://www.lusternia.com/artisanal/lucidian-lady

http://www.lusternia.com/artisanal/vanity-0

If you think that sculpted hair thing is just Ai'dayi and artistic license, take a look at @Nihmriel's forum avatar.
    There's also this one by @Saaga:

Man, now I feel like I failed to describe my lucidian enough.

:( Sadfish.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    NOBODY STEALS MAMA ZOUZOU FROM VIRAMOTHER.

/huffpuff
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    NOBODY STEALS MAMA ZOUZOU FROM VIRAMOTHER. /huffpuff
    WE HAVE HER NOW. AND WE WILL GET YOU TOO!!!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • How often is too often to do advertising on the market channel? As far as HELP SPAM is concerned, I mean.
  • Isune did it.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Personally, I run my ads every 60 minutes. A long time ago, I used to run them every 15 minutes, and I remember there were some people who weren't too fond of that (to the point of snubbing me as opposed to gagging the lines).
  • Also, I can't help but guess that Tweets look the way they do by virtue of having lots of posts. Granted, I don't see why it would get messed up by that, but I seem to recall the old forums had a similar problem. And Tweets is (as far as I can tell) the biggest thread around.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    It started after @Shaddus' post. All his fault.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Zouviqil said:
    Man, now I feel like I failed to describe my lucidian enough.

:( Sadfish.
    No, I think it's quite suitable.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Also, I can't help but guess that Tweets look the way they do by virtue of having lots of posts. Granted, I don't see why it would get messed up by that, but I seem to recall the old forums had a similar problem. And Tweets is (as far as I can tell) the biggest thread around.
    Perhaps someone with more credibility than I should start Tweets VI then
    Nah, it'll fix itself when it goes to the next page.

• We'll soon see, I guess. This'll be post 29 on this page (at least for me), and there's 30 posts per page, so...
    One more post to go, then, eh?
This discussion has been closed.