Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• First we revert by 5 minutes... then we mysteriously stop regaining balance...

Alright, fess up. Who's trolling the server?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Resolved much quicker than last time! Thanks, server gods!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    dat font
  • Shuyin said:
    I hate named weapons. I can't magically know you wield the legendary Boom and Clash of lore.
    Sure you can. Just squint and read the industrial Merian. I think the discussion is a bit interesting. For free you seem to get free proof-reading but for credits are things ever returned for grammar?

Of "Terentian origin" does not seem the equivalent of "inspired by Terentia".

I'm more along the lines of what Parua has posted.

IN addition, there's a difference between being inspired by something and stealing someone else's work. A line that may get blurred around here. On the other hand, IIRC at least part of Lovecraft's mythos is in the public domain.

• Silvanus said:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

Right, there are no blatantly OOC references in the mythos
    Not that you said you did or did not like the references, but I actually like the references more often than not. Sometimes knowing that is being referenced helps me fill in some things as a player.

Clearly, Gaudiguch needs its own Unnamed Horror.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Steingrim said:

Silvanus said:

Not that you said you did or did not like the references, but I actually like the references more often than not. Sometimes knowing that is being referenced helps me fill in some things as a player.

Clearly, Gaudiguch needs its own Unnamed Horror.

They do,but it was named Ixchilgal before they received it.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Silvanus said:

Kethuru is more akin to Azathoth in design, being a nuclear chaos of amorphous madness, though with far more motivating thought [a la Nyarlathotep]. Though the name is close to one of the suggested phonetics for Cthulhu Kathulu

Overall all the Soulless borrow heavily from the wider Mythos [which itself was 'borrowed' from or at least referenced/was inspired by the King in Yellow by Robert Chambers] and the Cosmic Horror sub-genre, without being carbon copy. 

Hi, I... know a lot about Lovecraft... ehem

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited May 2014
    Maellio said:
    Kethuru is more akin to Azathoth in design, being a nuclear chaos of amorphous madness, though with far more motivating thought [a la Nyarlathotep]. Though the name is close to one of the suggested phonetics for Cthulhu Kathulu

Overall all the Soulless borrow heavily from the wider Mythos [which itself was 'borrowed' from or at least referenced/was inspired by the King in Yellow by Robert Chambers] and the Cosmic Horror sub-genre, without being carbon copy. 

This thread has suddenly taken a turn for the interesting.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lerad said:
    Maellio said:

o.=.O bwhaaaa?

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• nyarlathotep has many masks

anime girl is but one of them
    [/rant]

Out of boredom, I happened to check Fain's order's bankaccounts last night, and it has 500k.

I guess the rats will play when the cat's away.

#someonehastheirhandsinthemasterssafebox

[/endrant]
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    We need more mortal reviewers. More available Charites would be good, too.

Sincerely, probably almost everyone.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Eritheyl said:

There was a post recently that they're looking to acquire more mortal reviewers. Apply away.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited May 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Eritheyl said:

There was a post recently that they're looking to acquire more mortal reviewers. Apply away.
    That's exactly what I'm saying.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Celina said:

I mean, I get the admin implemented the item, which is the most common defense for painfully obvious OOC references, but we can't expect the admin to be experts on Pokemon, Star Wars, League of Legends, and every other aspect of nerd fandom so that they can police these things.

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure that collectively, the admin ARE experts on most aspects of nerd fandom; whether or not the individual reviewing and approving designs at a given moment is an omninerd is far less likely. But I digress. The proper way to bring egregious OOC references that may have been overlooked to our attention would be to file an ISSUE, not to solely discuss it on the forums.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Oneiroi said:
    Celina said:

I mean, I get the admin implemented the item, which is the most common defense for painfully obvious OOC references, but we can't expect the admin to be experts on Pokemon, Star Wars, League of Legends, and every other aspect of nerd fandom so that they can police these things.

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure that collectively, the admin ARE experts on most aspects of nerd fandom; whether or not the individual reviewing and approving designs at a given moment is an omninerd is far less likely. But I digress. The proper way to bring egregious OOC references that may have been overlooked to our attention would be to file an ISSUE, not to solely discuss it on the forums.
    To be fair, it was issued and told it was 'Being looked into' ages back. 
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    So I and @Karlach decided that if the orgs in the game were to be different states/cities of the US...

• Glomdoring is Louisiana
    • Magnagora is Florida
    • Hallifax is NYC
    • Serenwilde is Detroit
    • Celest is Seattle
    • Gaudiguch is Nevada

Sounds about right, doesn't it. Though I'm not 100% sure on Serenwilde being Detroit...
  • Zouviqil said:
    So I and @Karlach decided that if the orgs in the game were to be different states/cities of the US...

• Magnagora is Florida
    • Hallifax is NYC
    • Serenwilde is Detroit
    • Celest is Seattle
    • Gaudiguch is Nevada

Sounds about right, doesn't it. Though I'm not 100% sure on Serenwilde being Detroit...
    Nonsense. Everybody knows Gaudiguch is Black Rock City.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Zouviqil said:

• Magnagora is Florida
    • Hallifax is NYC
    • Serenwilde is Detroit
    • Celest is Seattle
    • Gaudiguch is Nevada

I'm sorry, but Hallifax is Chicago. Puns aside, you can't get more bureaucratically dense then my dear hometown.

.oO---~---Oo.

NARF!

edited May 2014
    Mysrai said:
    Zouviqil said:

• Magnagora is Florida
    • Hallifax is NYC
    • Serenwilde is Detroit
    • Celest is Seattle
    • Gaudiguch is Nevada

Nonsense. Everybody knows Gaudiguch is Black Rock City.
    We have been corrected, it is a specific city in Nevada, Black Rock City!

Edit: Which is really a pseudo city. Never heard of this before now. Yay google.
    Maellio said:
    Zouviqil said:

• Magnagora is Florida
    • Hallifax is NYC
    • Serenwilde is Detroit
    • Celest is Seattle
    • Gaudiguch is Nevada

I'm sorry, but Hallifax is Chicago. Puns aside, you can't get more bureaucratically dense then my dear hometown.
    Bureaucratically dense? More than NYC?

The same people who closed the gates on the sewers during Hurricane Sandy and forgot to open them after due to the request being lost in paperwork land, so all the places hit hard by Sandy were hit hard again by the most recent storm, causing flooding in the streets, of basements, loss of water in homes, no heat in homes, and for many lost electricity?

Or how about how our former mayor voted himself and all the people in his office in for a third term by a loophole in the law and then changed the law so nobody could pull it off after him?

I mean, Chicago has its problems, but NYC should have this as an easy win.
  • why is Magnagora florida
    Marcella said:
    why is Magnagora florida
    @Karlach has the reasoning for that one!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    My ex is from Louisiana. Glom is not Louisiana.
    Celina said:
    My ex is from Louisiana. Glom is not Louisiana.
    Well we're certainly not Texas or Florida!

Do you have another southern state to suggest for Glom?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Jawjuh.
    Tarkenton said:
    Jawjuh.
    I could see us being Georgia.

Also, two people in Serenwilde are suggesting Serenwilde is actually Minnesota.
This discussion has been closed.