Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• New honours yay!

He is accounted Narrator among literary writers.
    He is accounted Intellectual among scholars.
    He released the horrors of Castle Djarrakh onto an unsuspecting world.
    --
    The silver light slowly fades to nothing.
    You have received spine of corruption curio piece of the Toxic Spine Curio Set as a quest reward!
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    You gain a new honour!
    You have received the Land of Flesh and Blood as a quest reward!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why couldn't that have been a spark of corruption?  So close.  :(
  • It disheartens me that I probably won't ever get to see the demi-elemental or etheral planes if they all auto-kick you out. I wanna see the elemental plane of mist. T:T
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Do they?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Abeytu should be nice to wildewoods, he loves plants after all. It's non-plant people he's mean too. :P

• The new ethereal plane for Serenwilde did. Haven't found the ship upon Water yet so I can't say for certain there.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • There are no "Demi-planes". It's a ship on the Starry Sea owned by the Aquamancers, and a grove on Ethereal owned by the Hartstone.

AFAIK, there has never been any evidence of demiplanes period! Mist is merely a form of water, much like ice.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, it's just three more forest rooms with a tutor. And I think the ship is just three indoor rooms with a tutor.

They're pretty cool, but not amazing demi-planes or anything.

• Decidedly irrelevant. If I can get into the guildhall of others, I can explore them freely. Why are these any different?
  • So many new things to learn. *swoon*

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Kiradawea said:

Decidedly irrelevant. If I can get into the guildhall of others, I can explore them freely. Why are these any different?

They aren't. Every single rule applies the same to these entrances as any other, though the perceived functionality may be different.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    So you're saying we -can- get in, eh.
  • Tweet: Do not publish books by denizens in your library. Is not allowed. Now I know! And so do you.
  • So now we have demipower extra tradeskill, doctoral cords with skillflexing and endowments of arts.

So why does it feel more and more difficult to get the tradeperson I'm needing?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you're scried a certain older player and seen him on the Demi-Plane of Mist, that's a room in his manse.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Kiradawea said:
    So now we have demipower extra tradeskill, doctoral cords with skillflexing and endowments of arts.

Because some trades are more limited when it comes to the guilds able to do it. Tattoos and specific enchanters particularly.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kiradawea said:
    So now we have demipower extra tradeskill, doctoral cords with skillflexing and endowments of arts.

You need to be in an organization with multiple people (ab)using those options to really benefit.  A lot of us don't really skillflex for outsiders, since that chews up an entire hour's worth of skillpoint use (so doing it too often can actually prevent you from changing something else when you really want to).
    And the fact that tattooists are the hardest to find. Ever.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tattooing without a needle is a painfully long process, during which I cannot clan chat or browse auctions, as I discovered just now. That might be why people don't exactly go out of their way to sit down and ink someone.

On the bright side, I've gotten some good RP time out of this. So... silver lining?
  • Yeah, there're plenty of tattooists around. Just a lack of them willing to do the hassle of tattooing.

• edited January 2013
    Tattooing can be a pain.  The artifact needle makes a huge difference, but I think you are more or less limited to using says since tells and other things throw it off too.

That being said, I am willing to do tattoos for folks since I have a needle if you aren't tradebanned from Serenwilde.
    so far as I know, tells don't stop tattooing.
  • I couldn't sworn that it did for one of the first tattoos I did.  However, it could have been me using Reply rather than tell.
  • The last few times I've logged on, I've done pretty much nothing but enchant rings and cubes for hours. And almost all of that just came from within Magnagora.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Every time I switch to enchanting I ask of anyone needs me, usually no one does! They just like your work better obviously ;)

• I was only supposed to be back for long enough to explore the new areas! Stupid divine RP and internet friends I've been missing. I'm moving away in two weeks, I can't start playing again! I want to start playing again. :(
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Tulemrah said:
    I was only supposed to be back for long enough to explore the new areas! Stupid divine RP and internet friends I've been missing. I'm moving away in two weeks, I can't start playing again! I want to start playing again. :(
    Come back, we love you, @Tulemrah.

• Lack of Celestine and Bonecrusher people to poke for Atone and CrushLeg AB crosschecking makes me sad. :(
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm BC atm for the weekly bashing contest, only got hunting hammers tho and zero manoeuvres set up.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Yay. Thanks lovely folk for your ABs.
This discussion has been closed.