Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe if you would wear a dress and be more civil, we'd show up more.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Arcanis said:

- Main character is demigod and trans guildskills, however guild seems pretty dead.

-,-
    Sad part is, the Cacophony have one of the more active player bases in Magnagora.

Which I am guessing is every guild. Perhaps it's time to finally allow some changes to the guild structure and admit that the game is losing active players.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    What's a guild? Is that some kind of thing that has people in it?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I still like the idea of making guilds nothing more than a mechanic for handing out abilities and having player identity focused more on city/commune.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I'm of the opinion that the combat overhaul is the perfect time to also trim down on the number of guilds.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tacita said:
    Daraius's tea shop is now my favourite place, and I cannot believe it took me this long to go there. That is precisely the sort of shopkeeping I adore. <3
    Aww, thank you. :x

It makes me really happy to see people chatting in there, and even happier when I get unexpected visitors. It's kind of exactly the end goal I had in mind when I floated the idea to @Zyphora and @Irillia (who are responsible for most of the wares!). 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Just give guilds the ability to set their own guild privs with permission from each elected GL to confirm (or perhaps with Patron approval instead?). If you can pull that off once, then I think it's okay to let guilds choose if they want one person to be able to appoint Undersecs/secs/protector/security all on their own, etc.

This would also help give guilds a chance to make themselves more distinguished from one another.

edited June 2014
    Vivet said:
    Just give guilds the ability to set their own guild privs with permission from each elected GL to confirm (or perhaps with Patron approval instead?). If you can pull that off once, then I think it's okay to let guilds choose if they want one person to be able to appoint Undersecs/secs/protector/security all on their own, etc. This would also help give guilds a chance to make themselves more distinguished from one another.

So agree. Back when Achaea's houses weren't a poopstorm, each one required only a house leader and a head of novices. All other positions (up to five) were optional, defined entirely by the house, and each could have their own aides, depending on the needs/identity/population of the house. Tbh I liked it a lot better than the homogenized GM/GA/GC plus secretaries/protectors/undersecs/security/et cetera we've got going on here. But then again I've never had a guild leadership position in Lusternia so I don't have an insider's perspective!
    I used to make cakes.

@Celina

See your points.  Agree with some.  Shadowdancers are indeed different from Blacktalon.  I enjoyed the guild rp that resulted from being a member of the...wait a minute...isn't one of the issues that players are spread so far between the various guilds that meaningful RP opportunities are few and far between unless you happen to get really, really, really lucky and have play times that coincide with another person in said guild that's interested in RP?

To be honest, for a good stretch of time pre-re-Celina, know who I saw logged into the Shadowdancers?  Myself, Diniah, maybe Zouviqil.  Oh, and Ssaliss doing his market messages.  And that was it.  For a good few months.  Not casting stones or anything, but if some poor Australian person who plays at vastly different times wanted to engage in this guild RP that you want to keep hold of, well, sucks to be them, 'cause us Murkin's are asleep/going to work.

Don't get me wrong.  Shadowdancer RP is awesome.  I really enjoyed my time in the guild, because of what was possible with the accumulated lore, rites, etc.  But when a guild lacks that (looking at you Shofangi), aren't they just skill dispensers already?  I believe there were some collected thoughts on having mechanical factions, similar to Lusternian houses, emplaced within the orgs.  Sub-organizations you join because hey, you think Mother Night is really sweet and want to dive into that, or man, Gramma Scorp sounds like a nice old lady that I wanna get to know.

So, dunno, getting rid of guilds wholesale is likely not going to work/be popular with the folks that established the RP for said guilds.  Don't care much one way or the other at this point, to be honest, since I haven't seen less than five folks at any time when checking gwho in the Illuminati.  I thought this was a great discussion when it was had and ideas were floated around.

But I'm just a nub.  What do I know.
  • Daraius said:
    Yes! More customization of org bureaucracy!! 
    I SHALL MAKE ALL THE MINISTERS! PAPERWORK FOR ALL! MUWAHAHAHA

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Silvanus said:
    That would do a lot to help out guilds, having the ability to combine positions.

Please also do that for cities. Some of the ministers are just useless or can be so easily combined.
    I entirely look forward to my position as Regent Karlach Stormcrow, Guild Master Champion Administrator of the Ebonguard, Minister of all the things and Chancellor of House Stormcrow in the years to come.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Silvanus said:
    That would do a lot to help out guilds, having the ability to combine positions.

Please also do that for cities. Some of the ministers are just useless or can be so easily combined.
    I entirely look forward to my position as Regent Karlach Stormcrow, Guild Master Champion Administrator of the Ebonguard, Minister of all the things and Chancellor of House Stormcrow in the years to come.
    Forge-born Regent*
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    My inability to write has me about to scream so much.

It's ruining much of the game for me right now. So much needs done, and none of the people I've asked to get any of it done is ever getting it done. Asside from personal projects which is all just stuck in my mind that I can't even explain to anyone. 

It's like you take writers block, with LD, and BAM you have 'Nope, screw that'
  • Problem I see with cutting down positions is that it could perhaps be to the benefit of the current playerbase, but if the playerbase grows we might come to regret that. I'd rather leave things as they are and focus efforts instead on getting more players and how to keep them engaged.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Munsia said:

It's ruining much of the game for me right now. So much needs done, and none of the people I've asked to get any of it done is ever getting it done. Asside from personal projects which is all just stuck in my mind that I can't even explain to anyone. 

If you wouldn't alienate your kids, you do have this one son that just loooooves to design things.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    With the Mag power quest, you would always get 15 bowls of soup, but it seemed like there was no more than 13 beggars. The last few times I've done it, I've found all 15, not even tucked away in guildhalls. If this is actually a fix, can I say thaaaaankyou??

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:

If you wouldn't alienate your kids, you do have this one son that just loooooves to design things.
    Two.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Being asked to make puns on a topic is like giving a box of matches and a can of petrol to a pyromaniac and telling him to "have fun".

For everyone else's sanity @Siam, stop.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited June 2014
    You made me want to facestab you, @Karlach. Hahahaha..

edit:

Glomdoring should make it mandatory to be a female. Glomazons go!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Eritheyl said:
    Shaddus said:

Two.
    I didn't alienate you at all. 
  • Truth be told, with the introduction of Classflexing, I think we now have the basis to finally cut down on our guilds.

To take an example, I personally -love- the ideas and concepts Achaea is going to implement for its Houses/Guilds with the 'House Renaissance". They will be removing the 'class' concept/requirements of them and make each city have 3 organizations that represent an aspect or/and storyline of that org. I could definitely see something like that happening in Lusternia if the work is put into it.
    Maybe if it's a player-run movement, and not applied wholesale to all orgs against their will. Achaea's implementation is heavy handed and not backed by any RP as far as I know.
    I used to make cakes.

What I think would be better than the hard coded "this is the night sub org, this is the crow sub org" is to start the basic organizations, then allow people to create more a la family houses. Want an awesome group that blends together some night, since Crow, and the beetle beliefs? Get X people to sign a charter (to borrow from wow) and bam, new sub org to vie for power. Hand out ruling council spots based on something similar to houses, and you have a more organic feeling internal political system within each org. Halli can have their castes, Gaudi can have booze hounds vs weed smokers, etc.

If the sub orgs fall below whatever criteria is established, they are disbanded. Seems like it could have potential, or blow up in faces, but it would hopefully deepen the pool of people that one could come into contact with even if they're in a dead guild.
This discussion has been closed.