Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Nihilists lose the ability to use their symbol, so they have to bash with cosmicfire, and can't invest their demons with any powers unless the correlating Demon Lord has been raised. It's pretty damned irritating (not so much for the rest of the city, but have you tried high-end bashing with cosmicfire? Balls.)

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:

While I am all for making Lusternia more accessible for the casual player, we know from our own history that xp loss isn't the issue. So sure, why not..I'm down with removing xp loss because I don't care, but can we at least drop the charade that people will be more likely to defend if they are losing 0 essence instead of a measly 50k essence. I can absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, state that 50k essence is not going to cause some noticable shift in raid defense. If 10 minutes to make 50k essence (literally, it's practically nothing. You can make that much on accident) is such a struggle that ruins your enjoyment, I can't imagine horrible taking the time to actually get equipped to a degree that you can survive a defense must be. Making decent robes alone will take you far more than 10 minutes. You might even break a nail.

I don't know if "lazy" is the word, but entitled may be more correct. "I should be able to play the game however I want, and the stuff I don't like should be changed to cater to my definition of fun." PK for Lusternia and IRE in general is not for the casual player. It's just not, it's complicated and has a steep learning curve, which is why it's so enticing and entertaining over the long term. The reality is you came here, the game didn't force you to log on. If that sort of commitment is not "fun" for you, that's totally fine. That's a perfectly acceptable way to play the game. HOWEVER, the expectation should not be how to make it more fun for the people who aren't even trying. It should be "Is the barrier for entry a reasonable one?" 50k essence per death is not unreasonable. It's exceedingly reasonable, and has become more so as the game has gotten older and essence gain has become one of the easiest activies out there.  If you're trying and it sucks, fine. Let's talk about it. If you're moaning over extremely minute essence loss, get a grip and find a real problem. I can kill you in 6 seconds, let's start there.

So let's find some solutions to our problems, but let's find some real solutions to real problems.

(Wiccans lose their org specific fae, for the record. It super sucks. Redcaps are a big deal.)

Celestines/Nihilists lose their bonds/deepbonds on cosmic entities death. For comparison, illuminati/researchers can't harvest gems/flesh. (Not sure, we didn't really check if they can't spin the gems, too) That really isn't as big a deal, provided the orgs have enough harvested to keep a reasonable supply.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:
     high-end bashing
    Lavinya said:
    Nihilists

Error: Does not compute.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    And for the love of the sweet dead Stewartsville baby, if you have been shrubbed on multiple occassions for being caught totally automating your essence grinding...you don't get to call people lazy.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Celina said:
    And for the love of the sweet dead Stewartsville baby, if you have been shrubbed on multiple occassions for being caught totally automating your essence grinding...you don't get to call people lazy.
    Lazy
    Sorry you're just jealous of my ability to....read the rules and follow them?
    Celina said:
    Sorry you're just jealous of my ability to....read the rules and follow them?
    Are you jealous of my ability to call you...lazy?

No, I was just mocking you for calling people jealous of silly things.image

Celina said:

No, I was just mocking you for calling people jealous of silly things.image

I think your mockery was caused by your jealousy of my unlaziness. 
    That's not even following the same line. See, you're not even trying now. Clear case of lazy.
    He's jealous too.
  • edited June 2014
    As a side note from this conversation:

You have the following guild skill choices available to you at this time:
    DRUIDRY or WYRDENWOOD

*hmm, let's go with Wyrdenwood*

You swell in pride as you choose to become a student of Wyrdenwood.
    A creeping sensation draws across your perception as a shroud, crawling and wiggling through your
    consciousness, eating away at all that you know. Something else - another - is there, edging your
    perception. Who are you? You ask. Who am I, echoes the response. Black and horrible, unnamed spirits
    twist about you, enveloping those lengths of purple-hued, twilit shadow that you distantly, dimly
    recognize as segments of your own star-shaped being, that which flesh is not but reflects. That
    shadowed shroud clinging to your consciousness draws tighter, choking out your thoughts, half-formed
    ideas of your own soul being grasped at, drowned. You gasp for air yet you cannot breathe. No, you
    have no breath - no breath, no body, nor have you a 'you'. I am not, you observe. We are - yes, that
    is it. We are of it. Interlinked. Connected. Your perception expands - a world filled with light and
    brightness and warmth, burning and scourging. Emptiness, hungering void, angry-red darkness smearing
    corrupted, dead lands. We are not, you seethe. We are alive, you protest. Your consciousness grabs
    at this shroud and, instead of fighting it, you cling to it. You draw it in, wrapping it about you,
    wrapping yourself about it, allowing its coldness to drain what warmth and life in you that remains.
    Yes, this is part of us. We are all a part of us - and you shift in the soil. Yes, form. We are, we
    awaken. We are an agent, freed from freedom. We are servants. Glorious servants. You inhale - and
    your lips part, sucking greedily at the air. All about you the world is purple and dark - beautiful,
    majestic. We are all about us, you admire - it is us, we are it. Its waters, turbid and as spoiled
    as the quagmire through which they flow, are our blood. Its trees - beautiful yet rotten, dead yet
    living - are our flesh. Its soil is our bone. The shadows are our breath. The chill memory of Mother
    Night is the shroud that enveloped us, freeing us. With a raucous cry, an oily black crow alights on
    your branches. It turns its angry, red eyes down, looking at you, and you return its gaze. Yes. We
    are change - great, powerful change. We are that which survived. We are the Glomdoring given flesh
    and form. We are that which overcomes. We defied death a second time - and we live where we ought
    not. We are the inheritors of the Realm of Nature. We are the rightful heirs of the Forests. We are
    the children of the Ravenwood. We are the putrified grove. We are the beauty of the new order. We
    are of the Wyrd - we are Wyrd given form! We are Wyrd given flesh! We are Wyrdenwood!

*Holy load batman!*

(although may I add, this is perhaps the most flavored and unique skill I have selected so far. Nice job)

You say that now, but wait until you try to kill someone with it.

(I totally almost used a Jealous of My Boogie GIF but no one here every gets my RuPaul references)

You can imagine the shock when it was first picked... I was like... wait, WHAT JUST HAPPEN? *panic*

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I still dont fully comprehend what happened. Something about me and other me and shadow limbs floating and smacking into me, I dunno.
    @-)
  • Damian Nightshade bows to you and commences the lesson in Wyrdenwood.

Damian Nightshade teaches you the first segment of the lesson in Wyrdenwood.

Damian Nightshade teaches you the second segment of the lesson in Wyrdenwood.

Hellllls no. Previous remark denied.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Damn it, now I'm singing that Mariah song in my head.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Rescue now works cross Covenant.

And there was much wailing from the Blacktalon of Glomdoring...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Karlach said:

I'm kinda sad we don't have a covenant....ALL THE LOCKED DOORS

• Karlach said:

As if rescue was used... ever.
  • @Arcanis, you should put that in the descriptions thread so it doesn't get lost under a pile of tweets!
  • Done.

As a side note, looking over some abilities in Wyrdenwood, im alittle disheartened at the ratio of cost vs effectiveness. It costs me 1 shadowessence to create a maximum of 5 globes of a type of sap, while it costs me 100 globes to create leaves of an effect that will only last 1 hour? The pain...
  • You don't have to use essence though. You can also buy an essence-equivalent from the Wyrdenwood guy in the guildhall.
    Ssaliss said:
    You don't have to use essence though. You can also buy an essence-equivalent from the Wyrdenwood guy in the guildhall.
    Indeed. Every Chem/Wood guild has a vendor in the respective extension of the guildhall on the plane they're linked to. If memory serves, from the main entry of the BT guild hall, you go down and transverse ethereal to get to the wyrdenwood one. Either that, or go up to Etherglom and find the spot where you can ENTER. (I honestly don't recall what the name of the entry point was called, but if memory serves it's somewhere in the western-central part of Etherglom)

Alternately for woods - your mulch equivalent destroys trees to make wyrden sap, too... but I'd consult with your GLs before going on a rampage.

• Elanorwen said:
    Ssaliss said:
    You don't have to use essence though. You can also buy an essence-equivalent from the Wyrdenwood guy in the guildhall.
    Indeed. Every Chem/Wood guild has a vendor in the respective extension of the guildhall on the plane they're linked to. If memory serves, from the main entry of the BT guild hall, you go down and transverse ethereal to get to the wyrdenwood one. Either that, or go up to Etherglom and find the spot where you can ENTER. (I honestly don't recall what the name of the entry point was called, but if memory serves it's somewhere in the western-central part of Etherglom)

Alternately for woods - your mulch equivalent destroys trees to make wyrden sap, too... but I'd consult with your GLs before going on a rampage.
    Ah thanks, that will solve that issue.

Now to find a glade where I may feast upon all the trees within...
    >:)

This discussion has been closed.