Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

Ardmore said:
    Wat? How do people get so many ikons? Is it all from spamming power quests?!
    Partly that, partly spamming other quests (especially the vernals and villages, especially Ixthiaxa since that gives a village AND a soulless), and also opening every single ikon package I receive via presents and other things instead of trading in for credits. Lots of ikon trading too, and finding people who don't hideously overvalue their own and buying them (very good for common and uncommon).

@Daraius It seemed like a good idea at the time.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Open question, no vaguebooking or secret agendas here (well other than to hear different points of view):

Long term planning with big payoffs or short term benefits and damn the consequences, which style tends to determine your approach to Lusternia? Not just politically but anything you may choose to organise in RP, events, contests etc?

I've always appreciated people play the game differently, but I'd like to know people's reasons. Not asking for people to defend their logic, so much as learn more about other approaches to the same game.

Ok I give, I do have a hidden agenda, but it's purely so I can plan stuff in future and involve a wider variety of people >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I like to think long term myself, but also consider myself to be generally over cautious (these two are likely related). The game doesn't have an end, sensibly, so why rush to any one destination apart from enjoying whatever adrenaline might be involved in that?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm all about long-term. All my projects have an indefinite gestation period.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Daraius said:
    All my projects have an infinite gestation period.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I refuse to report my power rations. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    It all depends on the goal of the project. If you're holding an event because a place is feeling kind of dead, you might want to make sure it happens soon to make sure that it happens before more people leave. If you don't have any source of pressure like that, then let it cook as long as you need to to make it as good as is necessary.

Not as good as it could be, I have to emphasize. There's a point where increasing the effort, while it will still improve things, stops being worth it because the improvement is relatively small. At that point it's better to just finish up and put that effort into something new. You also have to be careful about thinking so long term that you don't work on a project and it never gets done.

I keep an eye on the goal of any given project, and my priority is meeting that goal. Time may be a part of that goal, but if it isn't then the time it takes isn't really a big factor. It takes however long it takes to accomplish the goal that actually matters. I think that it's kind of a false dichotomy to think in terms of long term with big rewards or short term with small ones. It depends a lot on what you're doing. Look at the Hallifax library, for example. There's things there that are written relatively quickly to make sure we have regular publications, because a library that looks active is one that's more likely to generate more activity (I think. Probably. That's the hypothesis, anyway) and then there's things that get a little more effort to be more competitive in prestige and whatnot. Different goals, different amounts of time and planning.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Long term, although with goals I will break them down in short, medium and long term bits.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Mid term, but I suck at achieving any goals I set for myself.
  • There seems to be a lacking of sparkleberry in the market..

Also for some reason the nature domoth hasnt been used to bless another herb with the sparkleberry effect, usually coltsfoot. Quite odd
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Quite annoying. If you can't maintain the domoth, give it to someone who can. It's been over a year now.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Rivius said:
    Quite annoying. If you can't maintain the domoth, give it to someone who can. It's been over a year now.
    I love to see people whine about it. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2014
    Oneiroi warned Celina for 2 points.
    Do not contribute/participate/comment on comments that don't belong in the ravens thread.
    Expired

CARTELS
    Raventhread       Kethaera        Kethaera        Tailoring    Glomdoring

Celina can only talk about tailoring now? :o
  • Rivius said:
    I recall back to days when @Viynain pretty much had ownership over the Nature Domoth. Wasnt a day that went by without it having been in top condition. Gotta miss him.

There was also some kind of unwritten law or rule that the Nature domoth was his and no one attempted  to steal it or get in the way when he would go to claim it.
  • Nature domoth doesn't do anything about people strip harvesting, which is what has been happening.
  • Ardmore said:
    Nature domoth doesn't do anything about people strip harvesting, which is what has been happening.
    but it provided an easy solution to the strip-harvesting associated with a much consumed herb.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    PK no fun these days. Even when I stick around to fight 5v1 against all three orgs in distort and a meld, they epeen at me hardcore. Then they don't want to fight me alone or with Thoros. 

I don't get it. :(

• Go back with bigger numbers! Crush them!
  • Being GA comes with a lot of responsibilities/tasks! Mad respect for those who manage to balance being active and keeping everything up to date.
  • portal search shops sparkleberry
    ********************[ Aether manses selling sparkleberry ]*********************
    Manse Name            Description                               Stock    Price
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *******************************************************************************

just saying..
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    portal search shops sparkleberry
    ********************[ Aether manses selling sparkleberry ]*********************
    Manse Name            Description                               Stock    Price

just saying..
    Nah, the herbal economy is doing just fine. That's what they jumped down my throat about last time I tried to mention anything about nature domoth not being upgraded.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Fear not, I am happy to supply your demand.

portal search shops sparkle
    ***********************[ Aether manses selling sparkle ]***********************
    Manse Name            Description                               Stock    Price 
    547   Gold            sparkleberry (shop rift)                   2000    250gp
    My sparkleberry is cheaper in a Glomdoring shop, and I did not stripharvest to get it!

That said, I did have to raise the price because I am running low and it all vanished.  They are meant to be emergency supplies, and yet somehow pretty much all my herbs were picked clean.  Is nobody else really selling herbs these days?
  • Don't accuse me of strip harvesting, I have never strip harvested.

I used to harvest about 1800 of it every day, and I have a decent pile on my stockroom floor. When noticing that it started getting strip harvested I slowly increased the price, then just stopped selling it completely.
    Ardmore said:
    Don't accuse me of strip harvesting, I have never strip harvested.

I used to harvest about 1800 of it every day, and I have a decent pile on my stockroom floor. When noticing that it started getting strip harvested I slowly increased the price, then just stopped selling it completely.
    I was just going off of a statement of yours that said you were going to in response to others doing so; sorry for taking it as fact instead of simply your letting off a bit of steam. :)
  • I replanted the spheres several times last in-game year and every time I went to go check on them, re-stripped again. Quite annoying.

But yes, was just me being angry because a small source of my income got snatched away from me.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Ardmore said:
    Nature domoth doesn't do anything about people strip harvesting, which is what has been happening.
    My impression is that Viynain used to upkeep lesser blessing on sparkleberry before its hibernation. The lack of that is hurting here too.
    Rivius said:
    Ardmore said:
    My impression is that Viynain used to upkeep lesser blessing on sparkleberry before its hibernation. The lack of that is hurting here too.
    Xiel (and myself, and a couple of others) would generally try to change the blessing every month to cover whatever herb is hibernating that we deemed the "most important".  Sparkleberry was one that needed protection.

I know that I also put the minor blessing on it quite a bit to encourage rapid growth, too.  The minor blessing is actually really nice.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I actually put all my personal stock in Entrias' shop to sell, and Xena messaged me to accuse me of stripharvesting.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.