Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:
    A ranged attack that is hopefully stopped by a shield and costs ten power.
    Shield doesn't prevent the effect once it's started, no. I tested.
    ...because when you're hit, you're already hit? 

Butterfly is a random 10p shot, for every maggot/death/whatever that happens you get some piddly effect. You just got boned. Bad luck
    Unleash staff is a 10p ability, but there's still a way to evade the effect - mainly, get out of the meld. Anything that has even a .0001% chance to instakill someone and has absolutely no way to be stopped isn't even close to being balanced, so we've just added yet another Gaudiguch ability that is ridiculous to the list.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:

EDIT: Nor does moving. Didn't think moving would stop it, but eh... someone suggested and I tested... same deal.
    I'm confused. Is this like how someone staffs me, and I shield, it still hits me?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:

EDIT: Nor does moving. Didn't think moving would stop it, but eh... someone suggested and I tested... same deal.
    I'm confused. Is this like how someone staffs me, and I shield, it still hits me?
    Butterfly flies in, lands on your shoulder. You shield. Butterfly hits you for all your hp. You die.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2014
    Way to compare a skill that hits everyone on your enemy list to a single target skill.

But like unleash, you can move from the LoS and avoid it or you know, shield. 

But yes, if it hits you before you shield, just like most other channeled effect/timed insta whatever, IT STILL GOES THROUGH

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:

I believe there's a delay between it landing on you, and the effect actually taking place.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2014
    Given that Paradigmatics and Transmology are already amazingly powerful and cheesy skillsets, I'm really loathe to see another weapon added to the arsenal. My maggoting lasted about 5-10 minutes, not terrible, but imagine if you maggoted a leader or something. Ridiculous.

And we all know that power is an irrelevant resource now, what with all the ways to get it. And there're plenty of people willing to share and link reserves to people who need it.

• Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:

Butterfly flies in, lands on your shoulder. You shield. Butterfly hits you for all your hp. You die.
    Guess you should've been shielded in the first place, then.
    Maligorn said:
    Given that Paradigmatics and Transmology are already amazingly powerful and cheesy skillsets, I'm really loathe to see another weapon added to the arsenal. My maggoting lasted about 5-10 minutes, not terrible, but imagine if you maggoted a leader or something. Ridiculous.

And we all know that power is an irrelevant resource now, what with all the ways to get it. And there're plenty of people willing to share and link reserves to people who need it.
    Power in a fight is not an irrelevant resource, I don't know where you got that idea, if you're spending 10p, then you're at 0 and need to wait for over a minute until you're back at 10p.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Way to compare a skill that hits everyone on your enemy list to a single target skill.

But yes, if it hits you before you shield, just like most other channeled effect/timed insta whatever, IT STILL GOES THROUGH
    Let's see then. You throw a soulless, I gust you out/put you to sleep, soulless stops. Channeled effect/timed insta averted. Start a decap, get webbed, gusted out, target leaves, put to sleep, decap stops. Channeled effect/timed insta averted. Do I need to give more examples of where these effects can be avoided as opposed to the butterfly?

Synkarin said:
     over a minute
    I'm pretty sure multiple ranged butterflies were coming in at us in the span of one minute. The way it was being used, in the classic room-away staredown, left you plenty of room to recuperate power and keep trying for that lucky butterfly.

I guess, then, that the strategy should be to rush after butterfly is spammed, since it's 10 power. Maybe next time.

Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

Let's see then. You throw a soulless, I gust you out/put you to sleep, soulless stops. Channeled effect/timed insta averted. Start a decap, get webbed, gusted out, target leaves, put to sleep, decap stops. Channeled effect/timed insta averted. Do I need to give more examples of where these effects can be avoided as opposed to the butterfly?

Ok, lets go over what I just said, one more time since you apparently didn't understand what was said.

If someone starts a decap/judge/soulless/chasm/instakill on you, AND THEN YOU SHIELD, the instakill will still go through. That's all I'm talking about, that's it, nothing more.

If you want to stop butterfly, shield first, move out of the way of LoS, or you know, get boned 1 out some stupidly high number because it's completely random and 9 times out of 10 won't be that big of a deal. 

It's like you just need to complain for the sake of complaining. You guys won and you're still complaining. WE GOT SOME LUCKY BUTTERFLIES, GET OVER IT.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well, when decapitate suddenly takes a twist and beheads the caster, you can compare it.
  • Butterfly also has a chance to trueheal you. As an instaskill, it sucks pretty hard. I know that if someone butterflied me in a fight, I'll gladly take it. If I die, too bad, wait the 30secs, hit phoenix and be right back. I might even last longer than getting Tahtetso cheesed if it was a maggotting and not 9k damage. If I don't die, and I get truehealed, why, it might even save me from Tahtetso cheese!

Delayed shield doesn't stop it? Big deal. Butterfly is one of the most unstrategical abilities in this whole game. Considering what an Illuminati can do with his bal/eq and his power? The only time it actually has a point is when a Templar uses it in a LoS standoff. And even then, the chances of it screwing up is still fairly huge. If you get butterflied instead of radded into a kill room in such a situation, you're.... not much worse off, really. I would even say better off.

Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

Ok, lets go over what I just said, one more time since you apparently didn't understand what was said.

If someone starts a decap/judge/soulless/chasm/instakill on you, AND THEN YOU SHIELD, the instakill will still go through. That's all I'm talking about, that's it, nothing more.

If you want to stop butterfly, shield first, move out of the way of LoS, or you know, get boned 1 out some stupidly high number because it's completely random and 9 times out of 10 won't be that big of a deal. 

It's like you just need to complain for the sake of complaining. You guys won and you're still complaining. WE GOT SOME LUCKY BUTTERFLIES, GET OVER IT.
    And you apparently don't seem to grasp the concept that everything else -can- be avoided -after- it's been started, unlike your butterfly. That is the monumental difference in the situation. And there was one time when I got radded out, walked into the room with a queued evoke pentagram, and I -still- got butterflied (Queued being as follows: se//evoke pentagram - '//' in this example being my command line separator) I guess someone was leaning really hard on the butterfly button at that point. But like it stands... apparently, everything Gaudi is fair. Let's remake room-wide enemy only choke and give it to Gaudi, and then slap a '10p makes it okay' label on it.

• Maligorn said:
    Synkarin said:
     over a minute
    I'm pretty sure multiple ranged butterflies were coming in at us in the span of one minute. The way it was being used, in the classic room-away staredown, left you plenty of room to recuperate power and keep trying for that lucky butterfly.

I guess, then, that the strategy should be to rush after butterfly is spammed, since it's 10 power. Maybe next time.
    There is more than one person who can butterfly, so if they happened within a short time span it wasn't the same person!

I always thought time span was one word. Womp.
    I'm just mad 'cuz I don't like Maligorn being maggoted. :(

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Butterfly is not 10 power on every cast, unless it is bugged. The cost is variable, which is likely why it is being spammed.

7p for fists.

• I'm curious how long it lasted for. You said 5-10 minutes, but that's quite the gap. 
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

And you apparently don't seem to grasp the concept that everything else -can- be avoided -after- it's been started, unlike your butterfly. That is the monumental difference in the situation. And there was one time when I got radded out, walked into the room with a queued evoke pentagram, and I -still- got butterflied (Queued being as follows: se//evoke pentagram - '//' in this example being my command line separator) I guess someone was leaning really hard on the butterfly button at that point. But like it stands... apparently, everything Gaudi is fair. Let's remake room-wide enemy only choke and give it to Gaudi, and then slap a '10p makes it okay' label on it.
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

I grasp it perfectly well. in fact, I grasp it 100%. Here's the thing. Please listen closely, or read Lerad's post

Every single other skill you mentioned has a 100% chance of killing you or doing massive damage if it's not stopped. Every single other skill. Butterfly does not, Butterfly has some teeny chance to kill you, some teeny chance to kill the caster, and some other teeny chances to do a whole bunch of other stuff, some stuff even good, like truehealing you. That's the difference, if I don't stop judge/decap whatever, I'm dead, guaranteed, no question asked. If I don't stop butterfly, there's a very small chance it's going to matter and an even smaller chance that I'll die.

But yes, lets jump to sarcastic comments about how everything in Gaudi is unfair and everything in Hallifax is SOOO terrible and SOOO hard and how it just isn't fair because you refuse to bother to learn anything about the game and would rather complain than get better. There isn't a single thing in Gaudi that doesn't have some sort of complement OP skill in Hallifax, you guys are just as OP, just as powerful and if you actually bothered to learn or work together you would do a ton better. You can't even win without complaining about something.  

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    No, Synkarin.

The reason we can't make use of Hallifaxian skills is lack of willing PvPers, not our inability to grasp it.

Vivet said:
    Butterfly is not 10 power on every cast, unless it is bugged. The cost is variable, which is likely why it is being spammed.

7p for fists.

Oh man, so I was wrong too, it's different than when it first came out

Disease:      2 power
    Spider:       2 power
    Boulder:      3 power
    Limbs:        3 power
    Astrosphere:  3 power
    Pit:          5 power
    Displacement: 5 power
    Rip:          7 power
    Maggot:       10 power
    Allcure:      10 power

This is what butterfly does, Rip is the big damage, maggot/pit are the only other dangerous ones, displacement is useful but won't kill you and the rest just don't matter and Allcure actually heals you

My bad, I didn't realize they had changed it. I still stand by what I've said.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Maligorn said:
    No, Synkarin.

The reason we can't make use of Hallifaxian skills is lack of willing PvPers, not our inability to grasp it.
    Look at what @Elanorwen posts, and the fact that she doesn't even know what skills do at times when complaining about them and I'd say it's pretty heavily leaning on the 'inability to grasp it' 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ardmore said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:

Guess you should've been shielded in the first place, then.
    ^--- Flagging this post as abuse is absurd.  There is absolutely no abuse here.  It is good advice.  I have to shield to stop rad, too.  :|
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    My main issue with that fight was bonds, otherwise, I had fun.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Rofl of all the things to complain about Illu, I promise you that butterfly should near the bottom of that particular list.

P.S. it really is true that if an illu blows power butterflying, he's not doing anything else that could actually be useful. If you sit in LoS without a shield, then I feel like you deserve what's coming to you. Might as well complain that you got radded.
    Xenthos said:
    ^--- Flagging this post as abuse is absurd.  There is absolutely no abuse here.  It is good advice.  I have to shield to stop rad, too.  :|
    Not when you got bonds up, you don't. Anyway, that's not the point. You can't spend the fight shielded. It's not good advice, it's a mocking remark. That said, I did also mention that walking into the grouped room and instantly shield still didn't stop a butterfly from going through. I don't know what my latency was at the time, but I'm pretty sure it was under 0.1 seconds. You tell me when that 0.1 seconds can get you killed whether 'shoulda shielded' is good advice or not.

Neos said:
    My main issue with that fight was bonds, otherwise, I had fun.
    Well, when the main tactic used by aquamancers these days involves summoning people into a no-exit room so that they can insta-preserve, of course bonds causes some issues. :P
  • That's the only thing that kept me from dying 50 times.
    edited July 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    Not when you got bonds up, you don't. Anyway, that's not the point. You can't spend the fight shielded. It's not good advice, it's a mocking remark. That said, I did also mention that walking into the grouped room and instantly shield still didn't stop a butterfly from going through. I don't know what my latency was at the time, but I'm pretty sure it was under 0.1 seconds. You tell me when that 0.1 seconds can get you killed whether 'shoulda shielded' is good advice or not.
    Log, or it didn't happen, and make sure to include timestamps

And it wouldn't be the first time someone landed something within .1 seconds. It's why I spam shieldstun on prismatic

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    Same thing goes for rad.  I've walked into a room and been hit by rad immediately, too.  Things happen.  You should roll with it, take the advice, and move forward instead of sitting around flagging abuse on posts that are not abusive.  :/
This discussion has been closed.