sargassum is dormant!
    reishi is dormant!
    Next month: Klangiary
    colewort is peaking!
    arnica is dormant!
    pennyroyal is dormant!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Arcanis said:
    You whisper of a threat to nature, and the foliage around you asks who it is. You gesture violently at Preston.

This has always been one of my favourite lines in the entire game. It's just so badass
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The reason everyone jumped down Elanorwen's throat last time about nature was because -I- held it, and I had actually apologised on the forums for not being around for a couple of days to upgrade it, because, you know, we are allowed to have lives. And then she got very upset about how the nature domoth is the only thing supporting the entire economy of the game which was a little amusingly ridiculous and everyone had fun making a joke out of it.

People have lives. People have good intentions, too, but they don't always happen. Why does no one publically complain about people not upgrading other domoths? Because it's a perk, not a right. I think we were spoiled with the likes of Vadi keeping it so regularly upgraded and blessings in the right place, and of course it was awesome, but I still don't think it's fair for us to get our pitchforks and start waving them because someone a) has a life and b) doesn't want to lose it just to save the economy. If all everyone cared about was the herbs, no one would ever, ever fight over it, they'd let the holder upgrade it and keep everyone happy.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Strip harvesting is like many other activities in this game, people do it and couldn't give a toss, but when someone else does it how dare they...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Lavinya said:
    The reason everyone jumped down Elanorwen's throat last time about nature was because -I- held it, and I had actually apologised on the forums for not being around for a couple of days to upgrade it, because, you know, we are allowed to have lives. And then she got very upset about how the nature domoth is the only thing supporting the entire economy of the game which was a little amusingly ridiculous and everyone had fun making a joke out of it.

People have lives. People have good intentions, too, but they don't always happen. Why does no one publically complain about people not upgrading other domoths? Because it's a perk, not a right. I think we were spoiled with the likes of Vadi keeping it so regularly upgraded and blessings in the right place, and of course it was awesome, but I still don't think it's fair for us to get our pitchforks and start waving them because someone a) has a life and b) doesn't want to lose it just to save the economy. If all everyone cared about was the herbs, no one would ever, ever fight over it, they'd let the holder upgrade it and keep everyone happy.
    On this I will disagree, because it's not a simple matter of having a life which I will never fault someone for. It's a matter of not passing it on if and punishing the rest of the game over a (this is the important part) extended period of time that makes people irritable. People can have lives, people can also be considerate enough to not hold very important domoths that screw over every other person in the game if they aren't going to bother with it on a regular basis.
    But last time wasn't a case of someone complaining because the holder never bothered to upgrade. It was someone who was busy for a couple of RL days (while otherwise regularly maintaining it) and apparently that justified "Ermagherd, ma sperklefutt!"

Taking it and never upgrading it isn't even the same thing, people are comparing apples to oranges here.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Strip harvesting is like many other activities in this game, people do it and couldn't give a toss, but when someone else does it how dare they...
    Most of us never stripharvest though, and still complain when others do it.
    Ssaliss said:

Karlach said:
    Most of us never stripharvest though, and still complain when others do it.

No, but most people who do strip harvest bitch when other people beat them to it.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lavinya said:
    People have lives
    Are you saying I'm not people?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Lavinya said:

Im sorry Lavi but im going to have to disagree too. Yes I definitely think people should live their lives and not feel forced to do tasks in a game out of responsibility. It's like when people ask me why I have hopped alot in the past, simply because it is a game and I want to enjoy the many experiences within it.

Now as for a domoth as important as Nature, I personally see it less as 'a fun perk' and at this stage of the game more of a necessity. Everyone knows how sparse sparkleberry can get and blessing coltsfoot was always a wonderful solution. Heck, it is why the perk was introduced in the first place, to solve the sparkleberry issue. If someone feels they can NOT be around to provide the wonderful upkeep that people like Viynain and Vadi did in the past, then simply pass the torch. No one is going to smack you for not being able to be around, but they will look negatively if you insist on keeping it even when you are unable to do a  proper job and everyone suffers for it.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Karlach said:
    But last time wasn't a case of someone complaining because the holder never bothered to upgrade. It was someone who was busy for a couple of RL days (while otherwise regularly maintaining it) and apparently that justified "Ermagherd, ma sperklefutt!"

Taking it and never upgrading it isn't even the same thing, people are comparing apples to oranges here.
    And it takes all of 10 minutes to log on, def up, check people interested in upgrade/grabbing it and then finishing stage 1. Not sure about you, but it can be done fairly easily. I've logged on for domoths in the middle of the night, but that's fine... my own fault for priorities, etc.

Then we had the recent situation where Nature was kept on weed for ages. Anyway, sticks and stones, etc.

@Xenthos - I can has that script?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited July 2014
    A current honours quest requires me to (wont go into details as not to break any rules):

Collect 15 corpses of 5 different species of a creature: total 75 (they seem to only appear roughly 30 at a time)

Then take the corpses to 5 different NPCs, each specializing in a species.

After they have 15, I take the elixir I am given to their boss who uses it in an experiment which apparently MAY or may not work. If it doesnt work, I get a slap on the face because it must be my fault somehow. Im then required to collect 15 corpses of that same species again

If it does work, you get a special crystal colored the same as one of the species type. Im then told to take this crystal to the device that requires it. Upon placing it inside, im told this is 1 part of 3 crystals of this type....meaning im required to gather 15 crystals total. Crystals that may or may not be developed on a gamble.. So that is me trying my luck 15 times to get positive results...meaning i'll be obviously attempting to get crystals much more than 15 times.

Im just wondering who is the cruel slavedriver coder up there that enjoys to create these quest-lines and laughs manically as he/she watches us agonize over them?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Arcanis said:
    A current honours quest requires me to (wont go into details as not to break any rules):

Collect 15 corpses of 5 different species of a creature: total 75 (they seem to only appear roughly 30 at a time)

After they have 15, I take the elixir I am given to their boss who uses it in an experiment which apparently MAY or may not work. If it doesnt work, I get a slap on the face because it must be my fault somehow. Im then required to collect 15 corpses of that same species again

If it does work, you get a special crystal colored the same as one of the species type. Im then told to take this crystal to the device that requires it. Upon placing it inside, im told this is 1 part of 3 crystals of this type....meaning im required to gather 15 crystals total. Crystals that may or may not be developed on a gamble.. So that is me trying my luck 15 times to get positive results...meaning i'll be obviously attempting to get crystals much more than 15 times.

Im just wondering who is the cruel slavedriver coder up there that enjoys to create these quest-lines and laughs manically as he/she watches us agonize over them?
    Welcome to the Facility.

Please check your sanity at the aetherdock.
  • Xenthos said:
    Arcanis said:

Welcome to the Facility.

Please check your sanity at the aetherdock.
    It took all my willpower to not bitchslap the snide secretary that I was told answers all your questions....yet answered not 1 of mine. As well I had to hold myself back from skinning the scientists that slap me for their own failure... :-w
  • What's the big deal about Nature domoth? Even when coltsfoot was blessed by the nature domoth, you'd be stupid to use it in combat, because it eats up herb balance on top of sparkle balance, so coltsfoot on sparkle is useful for only bashers. If you can't bash without sparkling... try bashing something your own level.

Domoth upgrading has ALWAYS been something that is contested, Viynain or no Viynain. I miss the dude, but he didn't get Nature domoth because everyone went, "Oh, it's Viy's domoth, let's let him do his shtick and make the game a better place." It was because "Oh, it's Viy and he's gonna wreck our faces with his team if we try to steal."

It has NEVER been a case of "Oh, let's keep it upgraded because it is good for the game." and it's time to stop pretending it ever has.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Elanorwen said:

@Xenthos - I can has that script?
    For all the good it will do you:

#if ((%len( %1) > 0)) {#var herbCheckMonth %1} {#var herbCheckMonth @month}
    #say
    #say Checking: %ansi( %color( white))@herbCheckMonth
    #forall @canHarvest {#if (%upper( %db( @herbsPeaking, %i)) == %upper( @herbCheckMonth)) {#say %ansi( %color( green))%i is peaking!}}
    #forall @canHarvest {#if (%upper( %db( @herbsDormant, %i)) == %upper( @herbCheckMonth)) {#say %ansi( %color( red))%i is dormant!}}
    #if ((%len( %1) == 0)) {
      #if (%item( @months, %ismember( @herbCheckMonth, @months) >= 12)) {#var herbCheckMonth %item( @months, 1)} {#var herbCheckMonth %item( @months, %ismember( @herbCheckMonth, @months) + 1)}
      #say Next month: %ansi( %color( white))@herbCheckMonth
      #forall @canHarvest {#if (%upper( %db( @herbsPeaking, %i)) == %upper( @herbCheckMonth)) {#say %ansi( %color( green))%i is peaking!}}
      #forall @canHarvest {#if (%upper( %db( @herbsDormant, %i)) == %upper( @herbCheckMonth)) {#say %ansi( %color( red))%i is dormant!}}
      }

@canHarvest is just a database containing a list of all the herbs, herbsDormant is a keyed database which can be searched by herb and contains the month that herb is dormant, and herbsPeaking contains the month that the herb is in peak growth.

Then @months just contains a list of the months that can be referenced, so that it can check what the next month will be.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Lerad said:
    What's the big deal about Nature domoth? Even when coltsfoot was blessed by the nature domoth, you'd be stupid to use it in combat, because it eats up herb balance on top of sparkle balance, so coltsfoot on sparkle is useful for only bashers. If you can't bash without sparkling... try bashing something your own level.

Domoth upgrading has ALWAYS been something that is contested, Viynain or no Viynain. I miss the dude, but he didn't get Nature domoth because everyone went, "Oh, it's Viy's domoth, let's let him do his shtick and make the game a better place." It was because "Oh, it's Viy and he's gonna wreck our faces with his team if we try to steal."

It has NEVER been a case of "Oh, let's keep it upgraded because it is good for the game." and it's time to stop pretending it ever has.

Sparkle is an entry level item. Bashing things that don't require sparkle is not "bashing at your level," it's bashing below your level because you are not using very basic items to do so. People just don't because it's expensive. It can wildly increase what you can tank. Beyond that, sparkle is a necessity for combat, it should be in abundance and for cheap. All the time. Period. Full stop. People bitch about the cost of entry. Well here's a great chance to make it easier and cheaper for everyone. (I used coltsfoot in pk because I have healing, IJS)
  • I disagree that bashing without sparkle is somehow bashing "below your level". Sparkleberry is definitely not an entry level item - health, mana and bromide potions are entry level. Sparkleberry, healing scrolls with a cube, regen enchants and other additional healing options are just that: additional healing options. If sparkle is an "entry level" item, then an entry level newbie would need to be outfitted with all of those and a healing beast as well, won't they?

Sparkle in COMBAT should definitely be cheap and in abundance, all the time. However, that has nothing to do with the Nature domoth. If you can sparklefoot as a Healing user without seeing a deterioration in your herb curing abilities, good for you. Those without Healing that uses sparklefoot in combat are shooting themselves in the foot (lolol seewhatididthere?), period. Domoth crown on coltsfoot's effect on combat for anyone not a Healer (that is to say, most of the game) is absolutely zilch.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2014
    Arcanis said:
    It took all my willpower to not bitchslap the snide secretary that I was told answers all your questions....yet answered not 1 of mine. As well I had to hold myself back from skinning the scientists that slap me for their own failure... :-w
    I dunno about you but I slapped them back >.>
    -dusts off self-
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited July 2014
    Celina said:
    Lavinya said:

On this I will disagree, because it's not a simple matter of having a life which I will never fault someone for. It's a matter of not passing it on if and punishing the rest of the game over a (this is the important part) extended period of time that makes people irritable. People can have lives, people can also be considerate enough to not hold very important domoths that screw over every other person in the game if they aren't going to bother with it on a regular basis.
    It's not a matter of not bothering, it's more 'too many enemies, not enough allies, not upgrading today'. Like people do with every other domoth. No one gets upset about those dropping. I actually think it's really rude to call people selfish and presume they are deliberately screwing everyone over, just because they don't want to lose the domoth. No one expects any other domoth holder to make that risk.

I will say it again - you want to prove you ONLY care about the herbs, and making sure that domoth is upgraded? Don't contest it, regardless who holds it. Because who wants to deter someone from upgrading this incredibly vital domoth? I think it's a lot of upset over an inconvenience.

EDITED TO ADD: Passing it on has the same conditions as upgrading anyway - it can be stolen, which is more the issue. No one wants to lose their domoth.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    A glittering butterfly alights softly on your nose. You notice it getting larger and larger and
    larger before flutters away. Erm, wait a second, everything seems to have gotten larger and larger...
    Your race is now that of Maggot.

:|

• Yeah, he hit me with that thing, too- No idea what it is, but it hit for precisely 9503 damage. ... I think I might well be the tankiest Aquamancer in Celest, cause I lived through that... barely.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    I'm okay with this thing unleashing a bucketload of effects... up to and including an instant kill.... but the fact that there's no way to get out of the effect once the butterfly starts is absolutely ridiculous, especially when combined with the fact that it is a ranged attack.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A ranged attack that is hopefully stopped by a shield and costs ten power.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited July 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Shield doesn't prevent the effect once it's started, no. I tested.

EDIT: Nor does moving. Didn't think moving would stop it, but eh... someone suggested and I tested... same deal.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:
    Shield doesn't prevent the effect once it's started, no. I tested.
    ...because when you're hit, you're already hit? 

Butterfly is a random 10p shot, for every maggot/death/whatever that happens you get some piddly effect. You just got boned. Bad luck

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Pew Preserved
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Maligorn said:
    A glittering butterfly alights softly on your nose. You notice it getting larger and larger and
    larger before flutters away. Erm, wait a second, everything seems to have gotten larger and larger...
    Your race is now that of Maggot.

:|
    :D! First time I ever used that spell. Hee!
This discussion has been closed.