Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Xenthos said:

Silvanus said:

I have asked over Crux multiple times who is around to upgrade Nature.

Not a single Glomdoringer has responded. One Glomdoringer even told me I should be upgrading it.

Why would I upgrade a Domoth that makes it 3 orgs versus 2 orgs?

(Plus it's 4th of July Weekend, it's called work, party, fireworks).

Silvanus said:

Xenthos said:

Referencing Acknor:
    (The Crux): Marcella says, "I for one would rather see Celest take it."

QFT

/me ponders.

Clearly we should just give it to Celest.

Clearly, we should learn to separate forums and game. Silvanus has never said that, and if you are going to count the opinion of any person(especially a non leader like Marcella), Mag would've left the partnership a long time ago.

Besides, that happened two days ago, what are you going to say about the last six months before that?

I am of the opinion you shouldn't be complaining about something when its in your ability to do something about it.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited July 2014
    Silvanus said:

Not a single Glomdoringer has responded. One Glomdoringer even told me I should be upgrading it.

I'd be -very- surprised if anyone at all attempted to steal the domoth away. I have always felt Nature was never a contested Domoth and is thought more along the lines of "just let someone have it so we can have the upgrades for it" since basically it's upgrades are universal.

Edit: Frankly only today I was looking into the Domoth and considering it. If I had the bubblixes or aether skills, I'd have personally tried for it myself...but truth be told, im pretty much feeble, and demis holding domoths is always a pain.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Uh, you would be? I had it briefly about a week  (or two) ago, contested when it looked like there wasn't crushing opposition, crushing opposition materialized and stole it.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Arcanis said:
    Silvanus said:

I'd be -very- surprised if anyone at all attempted to steal the domoth away. I have always felt Nature was never a contested Domoth and is thought more along the lines of "just let someone have it so we can have the upgrades for it" since basically it's upgrades are universal.
    I wouldn't care to bother most of the time, but when nature goes into play, we generally have just as many people interested in trying to take it as with any other domoth, even if it is only at sceptre. I think the modern population is more interested in fighting over it than seeing it consistently at crown (not that this was never the case in the past, just that the inclination has shifted further along the spectrum).

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2014
    Arcanis said:
    Silvanus said:

Nature has always been a contested domoth; Kelly would try to steal it from me alllll the time.

In regards to Silvanus; I offered to help with Domoths before that (and even showed up to others without offering).  You know full well that it was not just Marcella saying that, all of Magnagora decided to pull out of that fight and support her viewpoint.  I was planning to just quote her (because Crux is definitely in-character), but I felt your addition was telling, too.

If you want to get something from a relationship, you should be willing to invest something into it, too.  If not, there's no point in complaining.  I feel that your statement is absolutely and totally appropriate for yourself to consider and take to heart from your own side:
    Silvanus said: I am of the opinion you shouldn't be complaining about something when its in your ability to do something about it.
    Edit: And even the ones I couldn't come for, I would at least offer bubblixes to help with the fighting.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    You guys keep putting Aeonfield up on a pedestal like it's big stuff. In reality, it just makes you manakill bait. Stop that.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Maligorn said:
    You guys keep putting Aeonfield up on a pedestal like it's big stuff. In reality, it just makes you manakill bait. Stop that.
    To be fair, that's really just Celina.

You are acting like Marcella's opinion came out of nowhere.

I've had multiple people from Glomdoring tell me they wont help because of Munsia.

And you are right, everyone from Mag did pull out, because of Belibis "Is Mag going to do its own thing and ignore us working together," when no one said over Crux that Glom was taking it up to that point.

You aren't innocent in this case.

I also like how you feel my OOC opinion on it is relevant. I can't wait till someone ICly claims I hate Glom when I've only ever said it on the forums.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    And to your edit: Silvanus IC opinion is that he hated Xenthos and thought he was useless. That opinion has changed, and you are actually one of the Gloms I like. You aren't the only part of your org, if everyone was like Xenthos, the partnership would be a lot easier to handle.

I'm sure the same can be said for Magnagorans.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Vivet said:
    Maligorn said:

So let's not intentionally misrepresent what I said to get our points across. I said, very specifically, I'd trade it for butterfly, which I would. Roomwide AND passive aeon is great, really great. 

Citing the balancing downside of a skill as if it cripples the skill, rather than just making it not universally applicable and maintainable, is a dishonest representation of your skills. "Stop that." -Maligorn

But this does make an excellent example. Downplaying your own skills while over exaggerating the usefulness of things like butterfly, which kind of suck 9 times out of 10, does not really foster a non partisan discussion.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Logged on to do forging, get dragged into 3 fights. I had plans today..

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited July 2014
    Silvanus said:
    You are acting like Marcella's opinion came out of nowhere. I've had multiple people from Glomdoring tell me they wont help because of Munsia. And you are right, everyone from Mag did pull out, because of Belibis "Is Mag going to do its own thing and ignore us working together," when no one said over Crux that Glom was taking it up to that point. You aren't innocent in this case. I also like how you feel my OOC opinion on it is relevant. I can't wait till someone ICly claims I hate Glom when I've only ever said it on the forums.
    Your OOC opinion is relevant; this is, after all, an OOC forum where OOC communications occur.  There is a gap between bringing the OOC discussion IC, and to my knowledge that has not happened.  The issues are completely based off of in-character differences.

However, this whole bit here started when you complained that the Glomdoring was not helping you upgrade the domoth, to which I can say only this:

Silvanus said:
    I am of the opinion you shouldn't be complaining about something when its in your ability to do something about it.

Silvanus said:
    And to your edit: Silvanus IC opinion is that he hated Xenthos and thought he was useless. That opinion has changed, and you are actually one of the Gloms I like. You aren't the only part of your org, if everyone was like Xenthos, the partnership would be a lot easier to handle. I'm sure the same can be said for Magnagorans.
    To me, there's a difference between problems with people (for example, Xenthos has a huge one with Munsia) and problems between organizations.  The latter can be worked out if both sides want to set aside the individual characters' grievances, but there needs to be a desire to do so (and on both sides too).
  • If we want to get into IC reasons, hell yes I treat all gloms with the same brush - the big, giant, most huge issue she(I) have is that Kethaera wears a lover's earring so she needs to die and Glom needs to die for supporting the Lovers, since she's the Ambassador.

Same reason she hates Hallifax, because they're a collective who raised a VA collectively who happened to spit in her face and refuse a duel after it because she was angry about it and slapped a city enemyhood on instead.

Marcella is not the most logical person for reasons to burn organizations to the ground.
    Xenthos wears that earring too- mostly he does it as a trophy, though (he hordes all of these things as mementos of past events and "evils" defeated).  He doesn't care about those two things as entities whatsoever, they are basically irrelevant to him.

So when you say that OOC you're having issues with people who wear the earring, not everyone does it for the same reason or to show "solidarity" or "appreciation" for those beings.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Celina said:
    Vivet said:
    Maligorn said:

So let's not intentionally misrepresent what I said to get our points across. I said, very specifically, I'd trade it for butterfly, which I would. Roomwide AND passive aeon is great, really great. 

Citing the balancing downside of a skill as if it cripples the skill, rather than just making it not universally applicable and maintainable, is a dishonest representation of your skills. "Stop that." -Maligorn

But this does make an excellent example. Downplaying your own skills while over exaggerating the usefulness of things like butterfly, which kind of suck 9 times out of 10, does not really foster a non partisan discussion.
    I don't see what's dishonest about what I said. It strips quicksilver roomwide on a long timer (8 seconds? I think it's longer than that but I forgot what Aerys said). Big deal. Though, in truth you should be asking a Researcher or Aeonicist for their opinion, not mine.

Xenthos said: However, this whole bit here started when complained that the Glomdoring was not helping you upgrade the domoth, to which I can say only this

I did not start the complaint about nature domoth. There are 4 pages of Nature domoth complaints before you get to my post.

I offered my reasoning for why it wasnt done, since everyone was so quick to jump down my throat again. If I wanted to complain about Glom, I wouldve said something like this:

I hate holier than you attitudes that think their shit doesn't stink and that think they are entitled.
    Silvanus said:
    Xenthos said: However, this whole bit here started when complained that the Glomdoring was not helping you upgrade the domoth, to which I can say only this I did not start the complaint about nature domoth. There are 4 pages of Nature domoth complaints before you get to my post. I offered my reasoning for why it wasnt done, since everyone was so quick to jump down my throat again. If I wanted to complain about Glom, I wouldve said something like this: I hate holier than you attitudes that think their shit doesn't stink and that think they are entitled.
    By "this bit here," I was quite clearly referring to the "Glomdoring / Magnagora relationship bit" which your post did indeed start with that specific complaint.

PS: "Nobody from an organization wants to help me" is a complaint, and it is something which you are perfectly positioned to "do something about" if you desired to.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Someone's choice of jewelry seems a perfectly legit reason to tear apart a treaty or pact between two organisations.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2014
    I think there are strong personalities on both sides. I think that both sides have personalities that are caustic and not conducive to teamwork. But this is not new and is managed well enough within the respective organizations.

I think that our current situation is the result of a lack of executive level teamwork keeping the bickering and foolishness in check. 

I think it is manifesting with Magnagora feeling like Glomdoring is not being courteous to an organization that has no obligation to help them much less actively work against their own interests. Which is both true and ridiculous.

Glomdoring focusing only on the absurdity of the situation and not addressing the cause is making things exponentially worse. Which is both true and ridiculous.

There needs to be some kind of framework for us to work under. That it has taken this long to fall apart is kind of impressive and seems to suggest that things can be patched up and back to full speed ahead with only a moderate amounts of effort.

/2cents

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Marcella said:
    If we want to get into IC reasons, hell yes I treat all gloms with the same brush - the big, giant, most huge issue she(I) have is that Kethaera wears a lover's earring so she needs to die and Glom needs to die for supporting the Lovers, since she's the Ambassador.

Same reason she hates Hallifax, because they're a collective who raised a VA collectively who happened to spit in her face and refuse a duel after it because she was angry about it and slapped a city enemyhood on instead.

Marcella is not the most logical person for reasons to burn organizations to the ground.
    I find this rather entertaining. Your duel request got refused, and then we fought either way... it was 1:1 for what... 20 minutes during which you did your best to run into the college, hide repeatedly, and lichseed 3 times in a row. I call this a laughable attempt at a fight. And even then, I was running PB warrior which is ultimately not a spec I'm good at. At the same time, you repeatedly drained power from Elanorwen until we both ended up at 0... which was again, laughable, considering the fact that I used up maybe 30-40% of my reserves. But congratulations on holding onto a petty grudge for so long. There was a point in time when I thought you actually were an honorable person. That illusion has fallen since.

Additionally, any citizen that you choose to challenge to a duel has the right to refuse, and any citizen has the right to ask you to remove yourself from the city's territory. The enemy status was granted for your refusal to remove yourself from there, which you were warned would happen and then chose to ignore. Keep at it some more.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Xenthos said:
    Silvanus said:
    Xenthos said: However, this whole bit here started when complained that the Glomdoring was not helping you upgrade the domoth, to which I can say only this I did not start the complaint about nature domoth. There are 4 pages of Nature domoth complaints before you get to my post. I offered my reasoning for why it wasnt done, since everyone was so quick to jump down my throat again. If I wanted to complain about Glom, I wouldve said something like this: I hate holier than you attitudes that think their shit doesn't stink and that think they are entitled.
    By "this bit here," I was quite clearly referring to the "Glomdoring / Magnagora relationship bit" which your post did indeed start with that specific complaint.

PS: "Nobody from an organization wants to help me" is a complaint, and it is something which you are perfectly positioned to "do something about" if you desired to.
    Of course my post was the first one to mention it, because I was the one that provided the reasoning for the 3 pages worth of complaints? Before that, everyone was just complaining about my not doing something. Of course I'm going to defend myself.

PS: I said "Not a single Glomdoringer has responded. One Glomdoringer even told me I should be upgrading it." I didn't say nobody wants to help me, I don't care if you do or not. I said not a single person -has-. Not, no one wants too. See the difference? I'm providing actual information of things that has happened, you are saying something about my personal feelings.
  • Shaddus said:
    Someone's choice of jewelry seems a perfectly legit reason to tear apart a treaty or pact between two organisations.
    If only. Mag has no formal relations with any other organization. I believe a gentleman's agreement was used to describe the situation.  

It's also the opinion of Marcella, a person who is a non leader in Magnagora.

That's like me taking Belibi's opinion as Glomdoring's opinion of Mag (which, as expressed, multiple times, is "fuck mag!")
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    Shaddus said:
    If it makes sense for the character to think that way, I say go for it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't see what's dishonest about what I said. It strips quicksilver roomwide on a long timer (8 seconds? I think it's longer than that but I forgot what Aerys said). Big deal. Though, in truth you should be asking a Researcher or Aeonicist for their opinion, not mine. 
    When you sit here and don't acknowledge what the skill is capable of, that's being dishonest and misleading, this skill is much more than just something that strips speed every so often.

It's a skill that allows passive aeon, anyone with an aeon skill and every warrior can easily strip speed which in turns turns this skill into a passive aeon. Yes by itself it's not much, but that's the case for majority of skills in Lusternia. In conjuction with clever uses, it's incredibly powerful, and used right, it's deadly.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited July 2014
    Magnagora was refused our bid to form a formal agreement, with anyone. We don't even have signed peace treaties. We were told Glom would 'consider' an arrangement AFTER we removed the brand on Maeve, which the admin told us is impossible. (Though that reminds me, someone the other day gave me a great IC avenue on that which I need to remember to follow up on). But basically that tells us what Glomdoring think of us in the first place. And they wonder why things get heated between us, tch. 'Remove the brand and we'll talk', 'muzzle Munsia and we'll talk', 'publically reprimand Marcella or we will never even think about talking'...like Llandros said. It's true and ridiculous. Friendships are two way streets.

But enough politics. I actually enjoy politicking in the game, as much of a minefield as it is. I may have to bribe Svorai with tea to meet with me.

I don't really know how a gentleman's arrangement works in practice, but I'd probably say, "Oh! We have two villages, Gaudiguch has two villages, Glom has none! Gaudi and Glom are actively working against the people we oppose. Maybe we should let Glom have this one for good relations."

At least, that's what I would have done.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:
    I don't really know how a gentleman's arrangement works in practice, but I'd probably say, "Oh! We have two villages, Gaudiguch has two villages, Glom has none! Gaudi and Glom are actively working against the people we oppose. Maybe we should let Glom have this one for good relations."

At least, that's what I would have done.
    You missed the part where....actually no, no no. Bad Shaddus. Do not make this an ooc forums argument!

Silvanus said:
    It's also the opinion of Marcella, a person who is a non leader in Magnagora.

That may very well be, but Marcella was also the only person talking on your clan from Mag, from what I understand.
This discussion has been closed.