Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    GG on Wildnodes all. Mistakes were made, but I had fun.

P.S. Static field is hilarious for stealing nodes.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited July 2014
    Maligorn said:

All of my RAGING HATE.

*Scent, pursue, thrown out, stun, scent, moved area, move area too, scent, pursue, get in NO STUN, attack, stunned, watch him leave, scent pursue, stun, scent, left area, move area, scent, pursue, stun, suddenly everyone else. "Run away!!111wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" *

Great fight though.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Well, after working straight-up 14+ hours/day during last week, I'd say... I didn't really miss the fighting and lack of balance that is Lusternia.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited July 2014
    Maligorn said:

Scintillating arcs of electricity crackle through the stratus field around Maligorn, slashing across your skin in a painful dance of brilliance.
    Your vision darkens as the power of the unholy water within you strikes back at Maligorn.
    sip unholywater
    You have slain Maligorn.

Also, Bawwwww at the 'Balance' crap again. 
  • Far more fun than most wildnodes.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Elanorwen said:
    Well, after working straight-up 14+ hours/day during last week, I'd say... I didn't really miss the fighting and lack of balance that is Lusternia.
    C'mon, it was fun, people were dying on all sides.  It was also extraordinarily close, too!
  • Inb4 threadlock.

Xenthos said:
    Elanorwen said:
    C'mon, it was fun, people were dying on all sides.  It was also extraordinarily close, too!
    Give me bonds, then we'll talk.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Guildmaster: Xenthos (The Merciless Chieftain of the Ravenwood)

You know, I can indeed give you bonds!

That said: If it wasn't bonds, it would be something else.  Instead of complaining about a specific skill, enjoy the battle.  I think most people on your side were having fun too, given how hard they kept trying.

I'm sure they'd also appreciate you not raining all over it. :/
    Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    Elanorwen said:
    It's always something new with you, both sides have room control effects that can be utilised to excellent effect. See Maligorn making great use of static fields, we're not able to rush as we normally do when that bugger's up, so what do we do?

Adapt.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Adapt, overcome, rutt bunny furrikin. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Pretty sure that's the closest Hallifax has ever been to a win, or if not, the closest in over a year, anyways.

Vivet said:
    Pretty sure that's the closest Hallifax has ever been to a win, or if not, the closest in over a year, anyways.

Hallifax has actually won it.  I believe that Hallifax has won it more often than Serenwilde...
    Xenthos said:
    Vivet said:

Hallifax has actually won it.  I believe that Hallifax has won it more often than Serenwilde...
    Ah, I just remember Morbo complaining we'd never won it at some point, but couldn't remember if we did at some point after said complaint. I miss nodes pretty often. There's no way we have a better record than Serenwilde, though. Maybe it you're only counting the ones since Hallifax and Gaudiguch were released. Serenwilde had a fair few straight node victories back in ye days of yore.

And good grief, I am really slow on the comment momentum here.

All in all, it's amusing how people seem to overlook teamwork, co-ordination and tactics and act like one ability is carrying the other side to greatness and victory.

Use to be reality, then greatpent (which took a nerf) then there was something in between which I've forgotten, but now apparently its bonds.

Perhaps rather than blaming abilities, you should be working on new strategies and encouraging the people who turned up and did their best to keep on improving? Complaining about abilities that counter yours means you need new tactics, don't limit yourself to being a one trick pony.

To be fair bonds/brume was always op as crap for Chaos seal. 
    Munsia said:
    To be fair bonds/brume was always op as crap for Chaos seal. 
    And yet they got past it this year, several times infact.

Bonds + Forcewall would be nasty though.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wait are you talking about Ecology?  8-}
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    StaticField is amazing for certain situations.

I hate you Maligorn. I had to unenemy you so my songs don't hit you.

Also, we were down to one room in the corner, you guys could've just rushed us and ended us. Your fault for trying to rad us to death instead of pushing the numbers and securing the field before reinforcements came.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:
    StaticField is amazing for certain situations.

I hate you Maligorn. I had to unenemy you so my songs don't hit you.

Also, we were down to one room in the corner, you guys could've just rushed us and ended us. Your fault for trying to rad us to death instead of pushing the numbers and securing the field before reinforcements came.
    I was wary of rushing because my meld was at its limit there. Plus, we rush, someone on your side shields, nobody ever razes... we start dropping like flies. Anyway... everyone has perfect 20/20 hindsight, I'm sure.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:

I was wary of rushing because my meld was at its limit there. Plus, we rush, someone on your side shields, nobody ever razes... we start dropping like flies. Anyway... everyone has perfect 20/20 hindsight, I'm sure.
    Jesus christ, always an excuse. Your side's failure to raze doesn't make Bonds OP.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited July 2014
    Mobile (enemy only)? distort makes Bonds OP.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2014
    Neos said:
    enemy lack of thinking power makes bonds OP

Not like you don't have ways of stopping the same things that bonds stops ;)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Neos said:
    Mobile (enemy only) distort makes Bonds OP.
    Guess it's not overpowered, since it's not enemy only. :)
    Neos said:
    It's not enemy only.

You can use magical means to check in, you just can't check out.

Neos said:
    Not enemy only. Ally too. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Bonds is actually pretty OP. But that's been this way for years.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't have a particular issue with bonds besides the fact that it will actually keep you from going through your own nexus. If you plant it on someone's nexus on astral and they come through, it's a one way trip.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    My big beef with bonds is that you can still clear it, instead of being forced to wait for it to dissipate. This made sense back when it could be compared to shrine distort, since that could technically be dropped too. Now that shrine distort has no where near the mobility of bonds, it is time for using bonds to require more thought and consideration.

Brume can't be cleared whenever either, and for good reason.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2014
    Unfortunately, the presence of bonds forces the opposing team to play a perfect game -- ergo, not getting caught out of position. Not everyone can do that 100 percent of the time, especially with astral insanity building up command denial.

EDIT: I'm probably an outlier though. As a chem of Hallifax (not to bash Aerochem, as I think it's the best out of the chemwood lineup -- just imagine if I applied myself to Aeromancy or Researcher, ditched furrikin, achieved demigod, etc.), I'm more or less playing Lusternia in hard mode. I'm usually alright with that.

This discussion has been closed.