Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• edited July 2014
    I am often surprised by how many people take stuff seriously. It's probably because I never do. Combine that with my habit of making fun of it and boom - I capture the flag, yo! ^_^
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Silvanus said:

For Cacophony, we are working out the details still, but you'll have to write a song or poem.

This is awesome.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2014
    Xenthos said:
    Idrazil said:
    Munsia said:
    Idrazil said:
    Munsia said:
    Bavarian cream IS NOT CUSTARD

Is there a way to flag current designs? Also is there a way to smack around whoever approved of false food items? 
    And Bavarian as in Germany? Is not that OOC cream?
    What?

That's really not the point. There's a Bavarian cream design 'custard donut' that uses no egg. From what I've been hearing from people in a lot of regions they call Bavarian cream filled donuts 'custard donuts'. This is mostly slang and ungodly a falsity since custard for donuts is made with egg, and I guess this design doesn't even have egg? I have no idea what else to call it, but calling it by it's largely false name is annoying. -.- 
    And I worry about the price of steel and the implementation of flax in forged items....

Message #24 sent by (system) (received: 2014/07/23 01:43:33) Silvanus has declared you a formal enemy of the Cacophony Guild for this reason: 'New guild  policy, Magnagoran enemies are Cacophony enemies.'.

New guild policy: Enemy Magnagorian novices as they will attack us one day anyway.  This chain-enemying is getting out of control.
    I do not understand either of two separate things:
    1) How is being enemied to a guild for being enemied to a city "getting out of control"?  It's not like being enemied to a guild has any mechanical effect whatsoever, it just adds another name to your enemy list on STAT.
    2) You marked a post in tweets as "spam" simply because you did not like it.  Why?
    1) Because now everyone is chain-enemying. You hit someone and you got enemied to city guild order their guild and their lords. No really good RP reason. Mechanically it costs me essence as a demigod if I die on more places. If it does not make mechanical sense then enemying is pointless. If it does not make mechanical sense then why bother enemying me? To pay more fines and bullshit later on? Guild or not it is just a norm that settled in and ruins the game for me in the RP sense and hinders me pointlessly  mechanically. I enemied Munsia and Silvanus for the same reason but Rivius reversed that because frankly in this aspects Serenguard seems to have more common sense.

2) It is spam because he insults me instead to contribute with a meaningful comment. Topic is called tweets but this is not a twitter but a forum and pointless and or abusive filling is spam.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I got it remedied but...I woke up to this ragefit

Idrazil has declared you a formal enemy of the Serenguard Guild for this reason: 'new guild policy Commune enemies are guild enemies'.

-.- 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oh gosh this does not bode well for me!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2014
    Munsia said:

Idrazil has declared you a formal enemy of the Serenguard Guild for this reason: 'new guild policy Commune enemies are guild enemies'.

-.- 
    I edited my previous post while you were posting , see above
    Idrazil said:
    Munsia said:

-.- 
    I edited my previous post, see above

To be fair you got enemied to my guild because you are enemied to Earth Lords...there's sense in that.
  • Munsia said:
    Idrazil said:
    Munsia said:

-.- 
    I edited my previous post, see above

To be fair you got enemied to my guild because you are enemied to Earth Lords...there's sense in that.
    And I was enemied to Earth Lords for "trespassing"
  • Think of it as more fuel for the fire.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I don't understand why this is such a big deal.

Magnagora claims Earth as it's territory, if we saw you in Angkrag while magnagora owned, we'd still enemy you. If we see you on Earth, we will enemy you. If we see you on Nil, we will enemy you. Your organization is at war with ours, and you participate in frequent battles against Magnagora. It is assumed if you are in enemy territory you are being nefarious, and enemying you makes the discretionary powers work against you.

Why is this so hard to understand? What is your beef with our IG policy that you take to the forums? I don't get it, there are a lot of people that are not enemied to Magnagora but still participate in domoth battles, see Vivet, see Iasmos, see Pejat, so we don't just enemy everyone. You went somewhere you weren't allowed. Enemied.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Some people are better at not getting caught just lucky.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    He does a lot of complaining on the forums about it, and I have yet to hear one peep IG about it.

At least when Neos complains about Aquamancers, you can see his attempts to fix it.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2014
    Munsia said:
    First and last time you'll ever see this, ladies and gentlemen. 

Grizzly Munsia D'Cente, The Sharp Fanged (Female Vernal Ascendant).
    She is 303 years old, having been born on the 21st of Dvarsh, 85 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is ranked 1st in Lusternia.
     I achieved rank #1 while a Vernal Ascendant, too!

There's not much to do with it at that point except to buy all the things. :P
    I just wanna know why a guild protector is making up policies...
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2014
    Idrazil, you don't really get to dictate what is and what isn't acceptable for enemying people, according to their guild and city laws. If you want to make a Mag and contest Silvanus for Warlord, and somehow then get Iron Council support to change their laws/ways of operation, feel free, but don't try to guilt them over it on the forums.

So what if you step into Etherglom and immediately get enemied to Shadowdancers, Nightspirit and Viravain (and sometimes a bonus Nocht)? Serenwilde (and Rivius) evidently want to take a different route and refrain from doing that, if the guild enemying reversing is indicative of anything. If you don't like it, contest and make your own rules if you think you have the clout.

EDIT: And seriously, why are people so afraid to die in enemy territory? It's a bunch of numbers and letters y'all. You can earn it back later. Nobody is going to grief the shit out of you while you're low on essence unless you're Caerlyr.

EDIT TWO: I mean, afaik. Don't go raiding while you're low. Don't be a dingus and make yourself a target of rage. I can't think of any one person that griefs others except our friendly neighborhood Draylor. And he gets it thrown back at him plenty enough.

I'm feeling really good today. #offtopic
  • Iasmos said:
    Some people are better at not getting caught just lucky.
    You killed a citizen in neutral territory outside of any kind of conflict quest or group fighting a while back and were not enemied because that person was an enemy of Serenwilde and we couldn't fault you for attacking your enemies.

@idrazil If your actions are legit then you won't get branded. We see no benefit in coddling our citizens. Creeping into our territories to enjoy the scenery is not legit. It's just not. 

• Daraius said:
    Because what reason do bard guilds have to enemy anyone ever?
    Enemy people who write bad poetry.

CINNA THE POET I am Cinna the poet, I am Cinna the poet. Fourth Citizen Tear him for his bad verses, tear him for his bad verses!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Really Iasmos? What part of my post is abusive? The truth hurts sometimes, I guess.

• Shaddus said:
    Here's my question. If all guilds and enemy statuses are going to be aligned, and all city enemies = all guild enemies = all order enemies, are they going to be removed for one fine in the future and removed all at once?
    Hey, I suggested something that would have made what you said here come true, and Idrazil liked your post but marked mine as spam because I was "insulting" him. I didn't even mention his name or refer to him, and neither was my post either abusive or meaningless. =( I guess a post that is shorter than the Great Wall is not meaningful enough, huh. Okay.

Idrazil said:
    1) Because now everyone is chain-enemying. You hit someone and you got enemied to city guild order their guild and their lords. No really good RP reason. Mechanically it costs me essence as a demigod if I die on more places. If it does not make mechanical sense then enemying is pointless. If it does not make mechanical sense then why bother enemying me? To pay more fines and bullshit later on? Guild or not it is just a norm that settled in and ruins the game for me in the RP sense and hinders me pointlessly  mechanically. I enemied Munsia and Silvanus for the same reason but Rivius reversed that because frankly in this aspects Serenguard seems to have more common sense.
    As a note, I believe getting enemied to a guild doesn't add more mechanical areas where you get more exp loss (especially not for the bard guilds, at the very least). Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither does getting enemied to a plane (ie Earthlords, Nightspirit) make your death give more essence loss unless you're not already an enemy of the City/Commune. This means that the only reason to get enemied to a guild is for RP reasons. Which, if you think about it, exactly what is happening, especially in this case. You're already an enemy of Magnagora, and if you happen to walk into a room with a cacophony song embedded, you're gonna get hit by it, because the entire Song of the guild is hostile to you (applicable to all the guards of all the other Mag guilds). So, in both concept AND practice, you ARE an enemy of the guild. You can't really argue that it's RPly logical that the guild is somehow neutral or buddy with you when you're declared a public enemy of the nation the guild serves, protects and actively applies itself to advance the cause of.

If you actually wanted to argue that it is unfair to get enemied to the City just because some dick in a Guild decided he disliked you, maybe you have a case for there being "no RP reason". Even then, most of the time, if you act against a Guild, it's perfectly reasonable in any org's RP to enemy you to the City as well, of course, so even that argument has limits and is on a case by case basis. For City -> Guild enemy statuses, however, there is pretty much zero space to argue that it is somehow bad RP to do so.

Also, this has been common practice from since forever. You've been a Glom before. I can't remember if you were a security member, or if you ever did enemy anyone, but you certainly knew of Glom declaration practices, from reading the logs if nothing else. This isn't something new. Other orgs, Serenwilde included, have done such in the past as well. In all logical interpretations of the Lusternian politcoscape, such has also always made perfect sense. Unlike in Pre-house Achaea or Aetolia, Guilds in Lusternia have never been independant entities. They have always been tied, chained if you will, to their parent org. When enemy statuses in Guilds don't match up with the City ones is mostly because alot of those with the privs don't really care to enter another command, as long as they are a City enemy, and their discretionaries hit them, that's all that actually matters. Which brings me back to my original suggestion, which I would want to clarify, was made in total seriousness.

I am serious, there really is no reason to have multiple org enemy lists in Lusternia for the same City/Commune. Consolidate all those lists into one, and tie all discretionary powers (because that's the only use for enemy lists) to that one list. Saves all the trouble of multiple brandings, and multiple fines and all that noise of people crying about it when they get (rightfully) added to additional lists.

• The Mountains of Madness has amaaaazing scenery.  =P~

(and earwort)

• Maligorn said:
    Really Iasmos? What part of my post is abusive? The truth hurts sometimes, I guess.
    You don't have to call out someone (who isn't even involved in this matter) to make a point like that. It's unnecessary and doesn't really help your argument.

Otherwise, I completely agree with you.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Kethaera said:

Shaddus said:
    Leolamins said:
    Shaddus said:

Lavinya said:
    Munsia said:
    Not...sure how I feel about someone's alt being the head of a family house that is bannered to a family they are head of....granted it was bannered when they weren't the head of it but....
    What astounds me more is the people that seem to have several alts in the same family.
    I was under the general impression that this was not allowed.
    It's not disallowed, just frowned upon and scrutinized heavily if said family had a referendum.

HELP SECONDS

IT IS HIGHLY ADVISED THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TWO ACTIVE SECONDS IN THE SAME CITY OR COMMUNE. The temptation is too great to blur the RP lines between seconds in the same organization, as it becomes too easy to enter into the same families or join the same clans, even voting in lockstep with each other, etc. The bottom line is that seconds must be kept completely separate from each other.

Well, Lusternia needs to release about twenty more guilds and/or cities. Barring that, they need to let us suicide characters that have purchased credits.

That help file doesn't contradict you, @Shaddus. Something being "highly advised against" is not the same meaning as being "not allowed". Nor is having two active characters the same as having one active and one inactive in the same org. Personally I wouldn't play two active alts in the same city/commune(and I wouldn't usually make two in the same guild unless testing something), but I could understand having two or more in the same org. If it's not intended to be allowed at all(which has never been the case, in my memory), then the help file/policy needs changing.
    So we had this conversation a while back (having multiple characters in the same family), and I was somewhat bothered by the player consensus that this was acceptable specifically because I knew of instances where this was being Admin-enforced as a rule. So just wanted to share the result of my inquiry on this topic:

Message #7720 sent by Oneiroi (received: 2014/07/23 14:37:54)
       Greetings! The short answer is no. Alts should not be in the same family. It's ideal 
    that alts stay as far away from each other as possible. That some people have gotten away 
    with it is simply because We were unaware that it happened. We will begin investigating 
    those cases as it does unfairly inflate a family's numbers. Thank you!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Pretty much if you know someone is taking advantage of seconds, issue it and let the admin take care of it.

As for the qq above, I don't get how someone who went north because they wanted to be able to strike against Magnagora is somehow upset or complaining that they're getting enemied to Magnagora for their actions.

What did you expect was going to happen, honestly? Furthermore, what do you think will happen by complaining on the forums? Are people going to magically have a change of heart IC over this? No. Deal with it in game, because this constant complaining that your actions somehow have consequences is doing you no favours.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

This discussion has been closed.