Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• I was assuming they'd all vanish at the end of this month, anyway, but then I was assuming that last month, too.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ssaliss said:
    Also, make them not run every second or two. It's rather annoying getting to a slivven, being hit with paralysis and them running two or three rooms before I can finish focusing...
    Except they're rubber-covered slivvens, see... they all bouncy. Heck, one of their mechanics isn't even working - the one where they throw rubber at you, it ricochets back and throws them out of the room. You see it happening, but the slivven is still there.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited July 2014
    Silvanus said:
    I've always hated gold fines, they are the worst. Terrible source of roleplay, terrible source of income, low amounts that don't even make a dent in the city coffers.

To be unenemied to Magnagora, it's now 100 essence and 1 sacrifice for all crimes, regardless if you murdered or stole essence from Earth. If a traitor to Magnagora, it's 500 essence and 5 sacrifices.

For Cacophony, we are working out the details still, but you'll have to write a song or poem.

It seems stupid to go, 'oh, hey, we've been at war for 200 years, but, here, take this 40k gold fine, that you can generate in less than 30 minutes, and all is forgiven!'
    Ach, writing a song/poem? Heavens no...

Just make it that they have to bring in like 100 bards/scholars. It's both cultural, power beneficial, and thematic.

Also what's this about 40k in 30 mins?? Show me where O.O
  • When the zombies are released they freely roam through Magnagora. It is annoying but we just kill them. 

It's not out of malice or anything. It's just that undead that don't lich are not welcome in our city an killing them is the only real way to know for sure.

• I know a super-secret way to make 1.75 million gold in only a few seconds.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

Maligorn said:
    Idrazil, you don't really get to dictate what is and what isn't acceptable for enemying people, according to their guild and city laws. If you want to make a Mag and contest Silvanus for Warlord, and somehow then get Iron Council support to change their laws/ways of operation, feel free, but don't try to guilt them over it on the forums.

Speaking of.. I'd really really advise staying away from declaring what is and isn't "Commune Policy" were I you, @Idrazil.
  • edited July 2014
    Enyalida said:

Maligorn said:
    Idrazil, you don't really get to dictate what is and what isn't acceptable for enemying people, according to their guild and city laws. If you want to make a Mag and contest Silvanus for Warlord, and somehow then get Iron Council support to change their laws/ways of operation, feel free, but don't try to guilt them over it on the forums.

Speaking of.. I'd really really advise staying away from declaring what is and isn't "Commune Policy" were I you, @Idrazil.
    Idrazil has declared you a formal enemy of the Serenguard Guild for this reason: 'new guild policy Commune enemies are guild enemies'.

WHat....? I suggest you read the relevant posts in greater detail.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Idrazil said:
    Enyalida said:

Maligorn said:

Idrazil has declared you a formal enemy of the Serenguard Guild for this reason: 'new guild policy Commune enemies are guild enemies'.

WHat....? I suggest you read the relevant posts in greater detail.
    The relevant posts state:
    1) You decided new guild policy on your own, and applied it to enemies (such as Munsia).
    2) Your new policy got over-turned by Rivius.

I'm not sure entirely how reading them again in greater detail is going to change that.  Your enemy reason specifically stated that it was the new guild policy.  :/
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I said 'commune policy', but the same goes for 'guild policy', yes.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Lol people still care about enemy status.

The only worthwhile post has been by lerad. Guilds are extensions of the city, so might as well consolidate them. I am a big fan of consolidation.

PS delete guilds
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You first!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    On the day that aquamancy is proven to suck I will
    Two jabs at me in less than a day, 3 more and I win Bingo.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Neos said:
    You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Neos said:
    My mother doesn't dress me. Stop projecting Shaddus.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:

Shaddus said:

Neos said:

My mother doesn't dress me. Stop projecting Shaddus.

She dresses me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Kelly said:

Kethaera said:

Shaddus said:

Leolamins said:

Shaddus said:

Kelly said:

Lavinya said:

Munsia said:

Not...sure how I feel about someone's alt being the head of a family house that is bannered to a family they are head of....granted it was bannered when they weren't the head of it but....

What astounds me more is the people that seem to have several alts in the same family.

I was under the general impression that this was not allowed.
    It's not disallowed, just frowned upon and scrutinized heavily if said family had a referendum.

HELP SECONDS

IT IS HIGHLY ADVISED THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TWO ACTIVE SECONDS IN THE SAME CITY OR COMMUNE. The temptation is too great to blur the RP lines between seconds in the same organization, as it becomes too easy to enter into the same families or join the same clans, even voting in lockstep with each other, etc. The bottom line is that seconds must be kept completely separate from each other.

Well, Lusternia needs to release about twenty more guilds and/or cities. Barring that, they need to let us suicide characters that have purchased credits.

That help file doesn't contradict you, @Shaddus. Something being "highly advised against" is not the same meaning as being "not allowed". Nor is having two active characters the same as having one active and one inactive in the same org. Personally I wouldn't play two active alts in the same city/commune(and I wouldn't usually make two in the same guild unless testing something), but I could understand having two or more in the same org. If it's not intended to be allowed at all(which has never been the case, in my memory), then the help file/policy needs changing.

So we had this conversation a while back (having multiple characters in the same family), and I was somewhat bothered by the player consensus that this was acceptable specifically because I knew of instances where this was being Admin-enforced as a rule. So just wanted to share the result of my inquiry on this topic:

Message #7720 sent by Oneiroi (received: 2014/07/23 14:37:54)
       Greetings! The short answer is no. Alts should not be in the same family. It's ideal 
    that alts stay as far away from each other as possible. That some people have gotten away 
    with it is simply because We were unaware that it happened. We will begin investigating 
    those cases as it does unfairly inflate a family's numbers. Thank you!

While I can understand this, I hope it's going to be handled on a case by case basis. I don't intentionally seek to join specific families, and I especially don't intentionally try to inflate families with alts.
  • Your huge quote boxes make for very confusing reads. Just delete all the quotes and re-reference the topic in a new sentence.

Lerad said:

Your huge quote boxes make for very confusing reads. Just delete all the quotes and re-reference the topic in a new sentence.

I'm on my phone at work, sorry :(
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lerad said:
    Your huge quote boxes make for very confusing reads. Just delete all the quotes and re-reference the topic in a new sentence.
    It's always confusing when Shaddus talks to himself anyways. Which is most of the time.
    Hey, I didn't ask me. Pipe down.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2014
    As for Munsia becoming (eventually) a Vernal Demigod:

It's really sad how Magnagora can just game that so easily. Basically what I'm seeing is "we want to dominate the game even more mechanically, but we don't want someone as toxic as Munsia representing our city as VA".

EDIT: Really, this is less of an insult or bitter as much as "can I get a legitimate explanation as to why one would spend 1.5 million power for this".

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    She just generated 2k power in an Astral bash in two hours, and helped level someone up with Aegis.

Munsia shouldn't be the one holding the domoth anyways, we need her to be running around controlling the meld. Her having Aegis can really power level people quickly, and generate power more often, since she has all the Commandant artifacts and the Demigod power. I also see it as only using one million power, since we did just descend Leolamins.

I didn't know we were dominating the game mechanically. This is great for my Warlordego.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited July 2014
    Geomancy, Necromancy and Ninjakari are all pretty cray.

EDIT: Demigod factory can also prove to be imbalancing, but I think I've complained enough today.

Munsia isn't a player, she's a feature.

I could care less what Mag does with their power. Rp-wise, they're a city that does whatever it takes to win: cheat, lie, sacrifice their morals, backstabbing allies, whatever it takes to dominate. Why -wouldn't- they do this?

Whether you like Munsia or not, whether you feel she's toxic to the city and Lusternia or not, these things don't matter. What matters is that Magnagora made an investment they felt was worth it, and it's likely going to pay off in the long run.
    Maligorn said:

EDIT: Demigod factory can also prove to be imbalancing, but I think I've complained enough today.

Nothing is keeping Vivet/Kelly/whoever from running astral hunts or aether hunts. It's not imbalanced just because one side doesn't feel like taking advantage of something and another side does. :(
    edited July 2014
    You aren't the judge of that. Vivet and Kelly have their own lives and decisions to make.

EDIT: Okay, I know I'm a bleeding heart lamenting loser, but what could one possibly disagree about the above statement?

This discussion has been closed.