Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• This is just me. Some people love being a merchant and for a long time I did as well. I have a long list of things I want to be doing and to focus on and sitting around crafting x rings, or 50 wetfold, because you don't want to pay the already cheap prices in the aetherplex is not on the list.

I hate crafting. Done it for far too long in too many games.

That said, if you need something quick and know what you want or are in a bind chances are I would try to help you.

...but...

If you can't be bothered to take a moment and explain what you want other than (market looking for a jeweller|forger|tailor|etcetera) then I am going to assume you want someone who plies a trade (as in wants to be a merchant) and won't be offering to help.
  • Bringing up the trade and crafting business. I always somewhat disliked how it was handled in Lusternia.

-Every- form of consumable or misc item is now only gain-able from the corresponding craft skill, meaning you have to find someone who is knowledgeable enough and willing to make the thing for you. Thank the heavens that we can now recharge cubes from stores and have the liquid rift to hold our elixirs, that made it easier. One would assume we have the playerbase large enough to sustain such a system, but we dont. Frankly I feel we should adopt the concept of "Primary trade skill" and "secondary trade skill". With Primary, you may learn to a trade skill to trans, with secondary, only up to 75% mythical, this meaning that you cant gain the last ability (which is almost always a useful 'trans' perk for the crafter personally). We could even just let them trans both. For those that 'purchased' a secondary trans skill via essence, they could gain a third. Frankly I think we badly need it.

Anyone finding any bookbinders around? How about some tattooists? Maybe a good old fashion brewmeister! >>
  • Arcanis said:
    Bringing up the trade and crafting business. I always somewhat disliked how it was handled in Lusternia.

-Every- form of consumable or misc item is now only gain-able from the corresponding craft skill, meaning you have to find someone who is knowledgeable enough and willing to make the thing for you. Thank the heavens that we can now recharge cubes from stores and have the liquid rift to hold our elixirs, that made it easier. One would assume we have the playerbase large enough to sustain such a system, but we dont. Frankly I feel we should adopt the concept of "Primary trade skill" and "secondary trade skill". With Primary, you may learn to a trade skill to trans, with secondary, only up to 75% mythical, this meaning that you cant gain the last ability (which is almost always a useful 'trans' perk for the crafter personally). We could even just let them trans both. For those that 'purchased' a secondary trans skill via essence, they could gain a third. Frankly I think we badly need it.

Anyone finding any bookbinders around? How about some tattooists? Maybe a good old fashion brewmeister! >>
    As an addendum (yes I quoted my post), I believe that one's skill in a trade skill should increase with use, rather than with lessons. It frankly makes more sense and would be more practical for people to get into the field. Of course there would be a set amount one can rise in the skill per day, but it is still a good enough, not to mention encourages the youth.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Arcanis said:

Yes, yes, and no in that order. I'd pick up brewmeister myself if alchemy didn't have the requirement of lowmagic. Not that I can't trans lowmagic, too... but I feel like there's probably some better use for my lessons.

Brewmeister generally isn't a great skill for anyone that isn't dwarf so they can be a really tanky bard. Never mind that cooking blows them out of the water with their alcohol and tea choices because they have access to cartels and can cook tea/alcohol whereas the brewmeister only gets public designs. Should really allow them access to the cooking cartels through the process.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Nothing beats Brewmeister Dwarf.

All bards should be them.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Domoth realm essence drain is dumb.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    A lot of domoth mechanics are plain dumb. Not the least of which is the pointless penalization for not being one of the smallest population of people in the game.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Nothing beats sitting in a pit in serpent and gaining points for daft domoth mechanics.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    (Ps. We really should get rid of stage 3 >.>)
    Rivius said:
    (Ps. We really should get rid of stage 3 >.>)
    See I brought this up (wasn't the first, wasn't the last) and got "Ah but you're a Knight Ascendant with Nightkiss no wonder it's boring, etc etc" irrelevant of the fact I've done it as a tracker Demigod.

Sure people died years ago, but that's no excuse to keep outdated mechanics.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Even if you did die a few times, so what? It's very hard to keep someone entirely out of the area for long enough to time them out, you need several people with room lockdown skills like barrier to have much of a chance.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    OH SO NOW BARRIER'S OVERPOWERED?!
    Make stage 3 a head to head with the rival domoth holder and block both rooms for all others, they hold their room, you hold yours. You generate minions as you would in stage 1, and score points for killing them.

First to x number of points wins, if you win, you upgrade, if they win, you don't and get a 1 day dormancy (but don't lose a level) then just remove stage three for scepter level so you always get first claim.

Obviously domoths on a higher stage than yours will have an inherent advantage, going head to head with seal bearers is also going to make things tricky.

Either that or just delete stage 3. It's a waste of everyone's time.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    If (for some reason, I don't understand why the essence drain is in... for being in the havens at any stage) the drains must be preserved, why not just take it in one chunk after stage 2?
    Munsia said:
    If you say so. Barrier's probably the most laughable mechanic to hold someone in place and completely useless outside of group situations unless you're trying to capture a complete newbie.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Ah, my little padawan, one day the secrets will be revealed to you...but that day is not today. 
    I'm surprised you didn't aerochem and forcewall again like last time.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    If you say so. Barrier's probably the most laughable mechanic to hold someone in place and completely useless outside of group situations unless you're trying to capture a complete newbie.
    I figured the caps gave away the dripping sarcasm, but there's worse holding skills than barrier

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • static. :(

Karlach said:
    I'm surprised you didn't aerochem and forcewall again like last time.
    Well, to start off... I was running on telnet from work. :P

No triggers, no nothing. I like how many combo tactics were employed to kill me, mind, when I was about as defenseless as a newborn and wasn't even melding. That said, yeah, I guess I could've forcewalled... but you guys had someone to rad, so forcewall becomes about as useful as a wet tissue.

edited July 2014
    Get someone to sprinkle salt on you so you're shielded, it's what you guys do for Maligorn when he puts it up.

Edit: We also have no way of knowing you were running a systemless setup from work, we just saw melders and prio'd them.

Stage 3 domoths should be similar to Ascension trials.

For Nature, you have to run around an area in a certain amount of time.

Chaos, hold onto the hamster while running away from man eating hamsters?

Harmony, influencing an amount of denizens before timer runs out.

Knowledge, you can answer a series of quiz questions.

Justice you have to win a round robin of tough influences.

War/Death can be just killing stuff like normal.

Beauty/Life is the only ones you have to think up something new, I think.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Karlach said:
    Get someone to sprinkle salt on you so you're shielded, it's what you guys do for Maligorn when he puts it up.

Edit: We also have no way of knowing you were running a systemless setup from work, we just saw melders and prio'd them.
    Wasn't saying you should have known. Was just fun to watch. :D

As to sprinkling salt... the shield drops instantly, so it's not exactly a solution. (I might be wrong about the instant bit, there probably is a timed check every x seconds that drops shield if one exists around the forcewaller, but it's a very short duration)

Elanorwen said:
    Karlach said:

Wasn't saying you should have known. Was just fun to watch. :D

As to sprinkling salt... the shield drops instantly, so it's not exactly a solution. (I might be wrong about the instant bit, there probably is a timed check every x seconds that drops shield if one exists around the forcewaller, but it's a very short duration)
    Just have someone trigger it. In that scenario you're not expecting a fight to happen, you're simply running down the clock.

Come on, you're more than capable of thinking this stuff up yourself!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Yeah, it drops the shield on a short timer, but not instantaneously. I didn't know there was a third person message for when the shield goes down though. If there is, maybe I could coax my Hallifriends to carry around a ton of salt for siege situations. Or I could announce it on an aether, but that'd get real spammy real fast.

Shields don't have a third person line (and christ I wish they did) but you could set up a tell that triggers, or some other variant.

Sure it's spammy, but let's consider what you're getting out of this.

If only envoys weren't cancelled:

report 1290
    Report #1290
    Skillset: Highmagic            Skill: Pentagram/Circle
       Guild: Geomancers          Status: Submitted Oct 2013

Problem: Highmagic Pentagram/Lowmagic Circle shields currently drop silently, with no third-party message except those associated with shieldbreaking abilities like raze.

Solution #1: Add a third-party standard message when a shield drops due to action, movement, or being broken. This should apply to both mobs and players.
    Solution #2: Provide a solution here.
    Solution #3: Provide a solution here.

Player Comments:
    ---[Wobou on 10/5 @ 19:26 writes]:
    Supported!
    ---[Enyalida on 10/5 @ 21:46 writes]:
    Sure.
    ---[Ushaara on 10/5 @ 23:39 writes]:
    Supported.
    ---[Vivet on 10/7 @ 13:56 writes]:
    Supported.
    ---[Ioni on 10/8 @ 00:37 writes]:
    Supported.
    ---[Synkarin on 10/10 @ 04:52 writes]:
    Yes please, supported
    ---[Chade on 10/10 @ 23:55 writes]:
    Supported, awesome change.
    ---[Shuyin on 10/16 @ 02:22 writes]:
    Sure
  • I am still horribly sad that was never introduced.
    I could gladly make do with envoys remaining dead until the overhaul if it means we get that change through.

Seriously, I can cope with tahtetso hemi cheese, I can cope with Crow being woefully sub par for Ebonguard, I can cope with the fact the top xp 4 rankings are unobtainable, that certain champion ents are imbalanced.. I'm fine with dealing with all of that shit.

Just make REPORT 1290 a thing, for the love of all Gods.

This discussion has been closed.