Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Water rulez, Taint droolz. *does little spread-arms challenge dance*
  • Arcanis said:
    Arcanis said:
    Bringing up the trade and crafting business. I always somewhat disliked how it was handled in Lusternia.

-Every- form of consumable or misc item is now only gain-able from the corresponding craft skill, meaning you have to find someone who is knowledgeable enough and willing to make the thing for you. Thank the heavens that we can now recharge cubes from stores and have the liquid rift to hold our elixirs, that made it easier. One would assume we have the playerbase large enough to sustain such a system, but we dont. Frankly I feel we should adopt the concept of "Primary trade skill" and "secondary trade skill". With Primary, you may learn to a trade skill to trans, with secondary, only up to 75% mythical, this meaning that you cant gain the last ability (which is almost always a useful 'trans' perk for the crafter personally). We could even just let them trans both. For those that 'purchased' a secondary trans skill via essence, they could gain a third. Frankly I think we badly need it.

Anyone finding any bookbinders around? How about some tattooists? Maybe a good old fashion brewmeister! >>
    As an addendum (yes I quoted my post), I believe that one's skill in a trade skill should increase with use, rather than with lessons. It frankly makes more sense and would be more practical for people to get into the field. Of course there would be a set amount one can rise in the skill per day, but it is still a good enough, not to mention encourages the youth.
    Prior to skill flexing I would have agreed to you having a point. If you need origami the shops are packed, if you need a book made, try saying exactly what you need when I or the other couple dozen bookmakers are around.

The point of my post is that I don't and perhaps some others don't bother replying to, "Market looking for a bookmaker" calls, since most the time it is someone who wants me to sit around making them origami and when I tell them I don't generally do that sort of thing they call me lazy. I've also zero interest in sitting around while someone decides which panties: pink pooka dots or red pooka dots make their ass look bigger.

There are people out there who enjoy that sort of thing if that is what you want there may be a wait for one of them to pop up. If you need a cube (but not 20 different rings or brooches), a book or three (but not origami), a couple of items enchanted (but not a cube filled), etc then some of us who have multiple trades but who are not interested in being merchants and making 50+ items or showing you dozens of patterns might help you out. Or to put it another way, if you want a throne and none of the 'real artisans' will help you, then I would be willing to help a brother out and flex artisan, but in no way do i want to see your manse and help you pick out your boudoir.

Brewmaster can be a bit of a tricky one.
  • Xenthos said:

I'd love it if there was a skill in Bookbinding that allowed you to make a craftsbook, tuned for a specific craft which has designs.  Each page of this book would contain all the designs of one of the types possible (so a jewellery craftsbook would have one page containing all the trinkets you can create, all the baubles, all the chains, etc).  This would automatically update whenever new designs are approved.  Set it to reset, so it will always come back to the craftsperson who it is attuned to after a certain amount of time.

Right now being a craftsperson who deals with designs is awfully tedious for many of us.  I have nothing but admiration for those who actually enjoy dealing with that stuff, but it is just not me.
    It doesn't even have to be that complex. You could just have the book allow the person to use the DESIGN commands that are open to those with the tradeskill.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Steingrim said:
    pink pooka dots or red pooka dots make their ass look bigger.
    Blue, always blue.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I can't tell if the "pooka" dots was on purpose or a Freudian Wicca slip.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't tend to answer market ads unless the person has been looking for a while, or it's a friend and I'm feeling generous. I don't mind quick work but trawling through designs is time consuming and irritating. And I don't like to skillflex just so people can browse, I tend to only do it when -I- want to use one of my dormant trades, or if I like you enough to bother.

We've asked before, we're asking again - a solution that allows us to easily share our catalogues with customers will make soooo many people happy!

• Maligorn said:
    I can't tell if the "pooka" dots was on purpose or a Freudian Wicca slip.
    Slip, because I probably would spending time helping someone with pooka dots.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Iora said:
    Water rulez, Taint droolz. *does little spread-arms challenge dance*

Let's prove this
  • Lavinya said:
    I don't tend to answer market ads unless the person has been looking for a while, or it's a friend and I'm feeling generous. I don't mind quick work but trawling through designs is time consuming and irritating. And I don't like to skillflex just so people can browse, I tend to only do it when -I- want to use one of my dormant trades, or if I like you enough to bother.

We've asked before, we're asking again - a solution that allows us to easily share our catalogues with customers will make soooo many people happy!

I’m sure there’s many ways this could be addressed, here is one way:

Tradejounal: made by bookbinders for a specific person. Decay 150 months.

• Xenthos said:

Steingrim said:
    The point of my post is that I don't and perhaps some others don't bother replying to, "Market looking for a bookmaker" calls, since most the time it is someone who wants me to sit around making them origami and when I tell them I don't generally do that sort of thing they call me lazy. I've also zero interest in sitting around while someone decides which panties: pink pooka dots or red pooka dots make their ass look bigger.
    This is my problem; I have all the tradeskills and am happy to do a little something for you, but I absolutely loathe the design system's current implementation.  If someone is looking for a bunch of furniture, I can't just give them a little booklet that allows them to have access to peruse it at their leisure (being able to look at short and long descriptions at their own rate).

Instead, the crafter is expected to give them a list of everything that they can create, for each type of thing that the customer wants.  They are then expected to go through and copy / paste (and are always given the *description* of the item instead of the *number* so it has to be looked up again) the description for each thing that might be a possible match.

Even more frustrating is when the customer wants the craftsperson to do all that legwork for them ("Find me something Night-ish").

The only possible resolution to this is to instead create a book yourself which you update and maintain on a regular basis with all designs that you have access to, and request that the person actually give it back when they are done (which they do not always do).  This also is time-consuming on its own.

Finding the appropriate designs for someone can take 30+ minutes of time for each person.

I think you'd find more people willing to do things if the design system wasn't such a pain for the crafter to get the possible designs into the hands of the consumer.

I'd love it if there was a skill in Bookbinding that allowed you to make a craftsbook, tuned for a specific craft which has designs.  Each page of this book would contain all the designs of one of the types possible (so a jewellery craftsbook would have one page containing all the trinkets you can create, all the baubles, all the chains, etc).  This would automatically update whenever new designs are approved.  Set it to reset, so it will always come back to the craftsperson who it is attuned to after a certain amount of time.

Right now being a craftsperson who deals with designs is awfully tedious for many of us.  I have nothing but admiration for those who actually enjoy dealing with that stuff, but it is just not me.
    Agreed.

Just as a tip: If someone wanted to make their own book, they could shelve the original in a personal library and then check it out and hand it to people. While this isn't an ideal solution, it solves the problem of people not returning the book.
  • This. Please this. I have been muddling one together over time, but as designs come in quite often, especially my own (sorry reviewers) I do have to update near daily. An the "find me something <thisish>" is likely my most abhorred line to hear. Dear gods, come to me with something in mind, please. For spending an hour looking through my designs, pasting description after description after description, to hear "oh, well never mind then" ...

The faeling cries. Over an over again.
    :((

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    The easiest solution is... let everyone be able to look at every tradeskill's public designs. That way they have a general idea of what is available to everyone and can probably go on a pester-spree for cartel-specific stuff.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I keep missing Divine interaction because I keep going AFK. I cry evrytim.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:
    There seems to be an easy solution to this woe...
    edited July 2014
    Natalie follows you northwest.
    The Illwater Lake.This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. Long tentacles flailing wildly, a monstrous, slimy adorath glares hungrily at you through three purple eyes.
    You see exits leading north, southeast, and southwest.
    [ (v9029) @ the Illwater Lake, {north} ]
    8236h, 7935m, 8285e, 10p, 27973en, 30639w elrxkd<>- (XBHSPFA) {90.1576}

A slimy, amphibious adorath's three eyes flare with a brilliant violet light, and a piercing pain stabs into your mind like a knife.
    Your magic tome warms as it absorbs damage.
    The force field around you flares, absorbing all damage.
    8236h, 7935m, 7724e, 10p, 27973en, 30639w elrxkd<>- (XBHSPFA) {90.3239} -561
    You are stricken with overwhelming grief as Natalie dies and your Aegis bond is severed.
    Natalie has been slain by misadventure.
    You see the death occur at the Illwater Lake.
    The Illwater Lake.This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. The twisted remains of Natalie lie here. There are 4 corpses of an orc archer here. Finally still, the corpse of an orc brave lies in the dust, black blood surrounding it. The soul of Natalie roams the land, bodiless.
    You see exits leading northeast, south, and northwest.
    [ (v9028) @ the Illwater Lake, {northwest} ]
    824h, 7935m, 7724e, 10p, 27969en, 30639w elrxkd<>- (XBHSPFA) {90.5558} -7412

What?

She apparently died to Asthma...but what?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm not 100% sure, but were you moving through rooms really fast? Still odd.
    edited July 2014
    Vivet said:
    Even if I was, I'd take periodic damage. Not one lump...and I'm not moving terribly fast I'm so slow cause of my cpu right now.
    edited July 2014
    Munsia said:
    Vivet said:
    Even if I was, I'd take periodic damage. Not one lump...and I'm not moving terribly fast I'm so slow cause of my cpu right now.
    Lack of waterbreathing, it sounds like? If memory serves, Illwater is considered underwater... I could be wrong there, of course.

EDIT: Kind of fits with the whole big chunk of damage too. Underwater drowning deals pretty decent damage.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Vivet said:
    Lack of waterbreathing, it sounds like? If memory serves, Illwater is considered underwater... I could be wrong there, of course.

EDIT: Kind of fits with the whole big chunk of damage too. Underwater drowning deals pretty decent damage.
    Not 7000+ damage...underwater drowning is like 800 if even that. 
    Munsia said:
    Ahhh, I missed the 7000 part. It looked like 740 here for some reason. Brain still in partial shut down mode is probably why. No idea, never tested asthma or underwater drowning for a more prolonged period. Will have to check it.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Maligorn said:

Meanwhile I'm pestering every dog in the monastery trying to get even a peep of information but Nobody wants to play with agnostic Daraius.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2014
    /snub daraius

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Munsia said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Vivet said:

If your bond target dies, you take a whacking chunk of damage. It's easily a few thousand.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Munsia said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Vivet said:

If your bond target dies, you take a whacking chunk of damage. It's easily a few thousand.
    But isn't Aegis designed to protect against just that, the target dying? Granted, I wouldn't expect it to protect from instakills, but that doesn't seem to be the case here, as Natalie died just from moving (which seems to fit with asthma, or even lack of waterwalk, but I'd think lack of waterwalk would give a different death message).
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ssaliss said:

Karlach said:
    Munsia said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Vivet said:

But isn't Aegis designed to protect against just that, the target dying? Granted, I wouldn't expect it to protect from instakills, but that doesn't seem to be the case here, as Natalie died just from moving (which seems to fit with asthma, or even lack of waterwalk, but I'd think lack of waterwalk would give a different death message).
    It's a weird thing, in that a drowning death can give both, iirc. I could be wrong. And Aegis doesn't stop the person from dying, they can just take more damage, depending on the person who's aegising. I know that bastard Sidd wasn't able to properly keep me alive when we raided Prime Mag. Bastard :<
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Ssaliss said:

Karlach said:
    Munsia said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Vivet said:

It's a weird thing, in that a drowning death can give both, iirc. I could be wrong. And Aegis doesn't stop the person from dying, they can just take more damage, depending on the person who's aegising. I know that bastard Sidd wasn't able to properly keep me alive when we raided Prime Mag. Bastard :<
    Or did he just drop it on purpose? ;-)
    edited July 2014
    Daraius said:
    Meanwhile I'm pestering every dog in the monastery trying to get even a peep of information but Nobody wants to play with agnostic Daraius.
    One day, a monkish god will come forth from the Void and you will find your Soulmate and ply Him/Her with esteem, attention and venison cookies.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    Maligorn said:

venison cookies.

Maybe this is the key to getting the monks to talk...

All of Halli's patrons have been pretty attractive from a player perspective. Heck Zvoltz's tenets were aligned almost point for point with Dar's values (as several people have noted) and Jadice is the closest thing to a monk god yet.

But at this point joining an order ranks up there with divorcing Sylandra in terms of "things I would have no idea how to justify in character."

:-?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
This discussion has been closed.