Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    10k/100 weight with materials provided by me is what I've charged people in the past.  Tattooing is such a horrid thing that people end up willing to pay it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #432 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Estarra the Eternal                 Date: 2014-07-29 18:38:35

o New aethergoop items: lens (gloves of mastery), balls (yoyo),
       bandoliers
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Hrm..

Short Description: a blood-spattered bandolier of merian skin and elfen bone

SOLD

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• No one's arguing about urgent. The argument was about someone who'd waited several days.If someone's waiting several days to get something done, then they don't by any reasonable expectation have a friend they can message an order to.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Ardmore said:
    I'd pay that.
    As would I. 10k for 100 weight is nothing considering that tattoos are pretty much permanent enhancements. I'd even provide my own tints and powerstones for that price.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I do somewhat dislike people who ply their crafts for free, I have to admit. Yes, they might have a lot of gold and don't really care enough about it to charge for their services, but it does provide a rather bad environment for people who actually want to use a tradeskill to make gold. It's why I charge for doing alchemy; it'd be easy enough to undercut what I charge for it (and several that I know of do just that), but at least they'll make gold that way.

My potions in my shop might be a slightly different story, but even there, I don't think it's impossible to sell it cheaper than I do and still make a profit.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Tarkenton said:
    10k/100 weight with materials provided by me is what I've charged people in the past.  Tattooing is such a horrid thing that people end up willing to pay it.
    This seems really cheap to me still........

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Neos said:
    Marcella said:
    I took Bookbinding just for the languages and almost never, ever, actually bookbind.

Magictome does suck, though.
    I took Bookbinding because I thought languages were useful and thought Tailoring sucked. I WAS WRONG. D:
    Languages sadly have 0 importance within Lusternia gameplay currently. They are just a flavor thing that exists for no reason but to exist. It's a shame really, but I cant see how it could be useful. Perhaps if some quest mobs in areas only spoke a certain language? ( I can feel the rage insuing from it already).
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ssaliss said:
    I do somewhat dislike people who ply their crafts for free, I have to admit. Yes, they might have a lot of gold and don't really care enough about it to charge for their services, but it does provide a rather bad environment for people who actually want to use a tradeskill to make gold. It's why I charge for doing alchemy; it'd be easy enough to undercut what I charge for it (and several that I know of do just that), but at least they'll make gold that way.

My potions in my shop might be a slightly different story, but even there, I don't think it's impossible to sell it cheaper than I do and still make a profit.
    The rare times I actually make bookbinding things for people, outside of -gami, I don't charge anything, because of stupid outlays.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I usually have people provide comms and gold outlay for books and stuff, but I've never really come up with a satisfying value for time spent searching catalogues, consulting, crafting, etc. What's a reasonable price per minute?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I never charge people, because I'm usually pretty flushed with gold.

But I also never pay for anything. I pay for the commodities, and then I tip you.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Daraius said:
    I usually have people provide comms and gold outlay for books and stuff, but I've never really come up with a satisfying value for time spent searching catalogues, consulting, crafting, etc. What's a reasonable price per minute?
    I charge 2000 gold per keg (when using my own powerstones), and a keg takes a minute or two. Adjust as you see fit.
  • Actually, languages have helped me out on at least three occasions. Once when people were talking elfen about me at a family behind my back (their faces), once when I completed a quest and got a book written in Orclach from it, and once when I stole Celest's merian-written book during the Lovers event and went "Oh, it's in Merian," and watched them all get to beg me for it before I said "Lucky I can read this." Huehuehuehuehe.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Enyalida said:
    Must match you for density, then.
    Coming from the person who claims their skills are underpowered. Walk along, kid.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2014

Arcanis said:
    Neos said:
    Marcella said:
    I took Bookbinding just for the languages and almost never, ever, actually bookbind.

Magictome does suck, though.
    I took Bookbinding because I thought languages were useful and thought Tailoring sucked. I WAS WRONG. D:
    Languages sadly have 0 importance within Lusternia gameplay currently. They are just a flavor thing that exists for no reason but to exist. It's a shame really, but I cant see how it could be useful. Perhaps if some quest mobs in areas only spoke a certain language? ( I can feel the rage insuing from it already).
    This is a great idea, but there are only so many new quests that we can expect. During the Lover's arc, Marcella had to read the diary written in merian to everyone else. (Storytime was both apolitical and fun for all age groups (and also contained the apparently necessary-in-every-quest/event jab at New Celest)). Then you have the Verses of Magnora that pop up written in Divine, those are cool too.

EDIT: And everyone knows 10k is chump change. And if a novice is looking for them, Regnaso tends to be a waive-y kind of guy.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Ssaliss said:
    I do somewhat dislike people who ply their crafts for free, I have to admit. Yes, they might have a lot of gold and don't really care enough about it to charge for their services, but it does provide a rather bad environment for people who actually want to use a tradeskill to make gold. It's why I charge for doing alchemy; it'd be easy enough to undercut what I charge for it (and several that I know of do just that), but at least they'll make gold that way.

I normally simply don't ply any of my crafts. I have tailoring, enchantment, forging, bookbinding, artisan and it's mostly for personal use. (Granted, I don't do forging while I'm not classflexed into sentinel, obviously, but that simply reinforces my point that I simply do it to restock my own supplies)

Following that, it is all a matter of how I'm approached. If you start making demands, chances are you'll get the boot and will never benefit from any of my crafts. If you're polite and offer to bring your own mats, chances are you will not be charged for time spent.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    So, in hindsight. I just realized I didn't even get a word from one of our Mag gods on the matter of me getting VA. How rude. And people wonder why I don't like ours. 
  • edited July 2014
    We'll take them! Isune needs more tea party guests! ALL THE TEAPARTIES YESSSS
    NO.

Unless they have the good taste to be absorbed by the Collective. ;)
    I used to make cakes.

• Isune said:
    Kaalak said:
    We'll take them! Isune needs more tea party guests! ALL THE TEAPARTIES YESSSS

Why haven't I been invited to a party yet? 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lisaera said:
    -snip-

You're too cute. We'll end up kidnapping you. And then what will Seren do?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited July 2014
    Lisaera said:

Last time you came you threw me off the city. I've revoked your passport.
    I used to make cakes.

Elanorwen said:
    Lisaera said:
    -snip-

Serenwilde actually does stuff?

/forumRP

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Karlach said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Lisaera said:
    -snip-

Serenwilde actually does stuff?

/forumRP
    They have Rivius
  • Kiradawea said:
    What's discouraging about designing is that I'm likely never gonna be able to make what I design. 

Seriously though. The complaint about customers being unspecific with what they want is really unfair towards the customer, because the average customer has no idea what's available. If I want a robe, I've no way to figure out if you do, in fact, have a black swanskin robe with a low hemline and a rope belt, but hoping that you've got a black robe is a reasonable expectation. So the customer'll ask for a black robe, because the system's so closed that only the designer will have an accurate representation of what's available. Until we get those designer catalogs that people have been asking for for ages then asking generic questions about what designs are available will be what customers'll have to do.

Interestingly enough, I've also never had a problem with customers being "cheap". If anything, it's the tradesmen who can't properly value the work. Very often I've had people offering to repair my robe for free. Not at cost. Free. Similarly, when I try to charge for enchanting, it's not unheard of for 50-100% size tips. 
    I think you missed my point. My point is directed at people who are not picky. When someone is vague on market I have to assume they want a lot of attention. This is why I and it seems some others don't bother even replying to generic requests.

Synkarin is right, people not plying trades wouldn't/shouldn't be that much of an impact.

As to anything effecting the 'real designers' I would say it would be those designers not advertising properly. I never see an market ad like: Tailor Available. Unsure what you want. Let us sit down while you explore 100's of designs!

Someone like that would stand out and I for own would send people to them to avoid doing the work myself.
  • edited July 2014
    audit
    *******************************************************************************
    Item               Description                                          Months
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bag100345          a rune bag                                                4

hmm..

The Aetherplex Chamber.
    The shrouded form of a wight floats ominously in the air here. Shimmering with aetheric energy, a
    bright glowing portal floats here in midair. There are 2 great brindle mastiffs here. Hackles risen,
    a fierce timberwolf prowls about here. A giant bat hangs here, wings folded about its body and one
    beady eye open. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. Yokai, the corpse vendor
    is here peddling his wares. There is an aetherways portal here.
    You see exits leading north (open door), south, out, and through a bright, glowing portal.

portal search shops runebag
    ***********************[ Aether manses selling runebag ]***********************
    Manse Name            Description                               Stock    Price

i'll check the shops in the city.

directory runebag
    ************************[ Local shops selling runebag ]************************
    Shop                      Description                           Stock    Price

Maybe Magnagora has some...

directory runebag

Seriously can we just open trade skills up to everyone? If people are worried about 'combat trade enhancements' then we can make special circumstances or remove them all together.

Edit: Checked gaudiguch for full search

directory runebag
    The Flaming Dragon's Maw  a rune bag                    2    350gp

*Rushes over* MINE!
    edited July 2014
    ....try getting it mended?

Also I'm pretty glad I don't do what happens in my dreams some times...but when I wake up I have that brief moment of trying to remember if it actually happened or was just a dream.

Suffice to say me and Drocilla had it out for at least 2 hours...and I got kicked from Mag again.
    Complaining about being killed in a fight you turned up to, is like complaining you stuck your hand in a fire and got burned.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Does anyone know what affs tainted construct spikes give when pointed? I've completely forgotten now.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Plague affs, iirc

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.