Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Arcanis said:
    audit
    *******************************************************************************
    Item               Description                                          Months
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bag100345          a rune bag                                                4

hmm..

The Aetherplex Chamber.
    The shrouded form of a wight floats ominously in the air here. Shimmering with aetheric energy, a
    bright glowing portal floats here in midair. There are 2 great brindle mastiffs here. Hackles risen,
    a fierce timberwolf prowls about here. A giant bat hangs here, wings folded about its body and one
    beady eye open. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. Yokai, the corpse vendor
    is here peddling his wares. There is an aetherways portal here.
    You see exits leading north (open door), south, out, and through a bright, glowing portal.

portal search shops runebag
    ***********************[ Aether manses selling runebag ]***********************
    Manse Name            Description                               Stock    Price

i'll check the shops in the city.

directory runebag
    ************************[ Local shops selling runebag ]************************
    Shop                      Description                           Stock    Price

Maybe Magnagora has some...

directory runebag

Seriously can we just open trade skills up to everyone? If people are worried about 'combat trade enhancements' then we can make special circumstances or remove them all together.

Edit: Checked gaudiguch for full search

directory runebag
    The Flaming Dragon's Maw  a rune bag                    2    350gp

*Rushes over* MINE!
    So you found one so not so much a problem.

The problem seems more guilds who use their shops to make profit OVER equipping novices and guild members. There's no reason the the guilds who use runes can't stock runebags, the guilds who use tarot decks, music...instruments, and so on.

You still had about a week in which to find one, though not everyone has audit.

Even if it turns out that a few things can be very difficult to find, the more reasonable solution might be to just have Bob sell them (runebags, decks).

This doesn't really seem comparable to when 1) Only communes had alchemists. 2) Only communes had alembics. 3) Serenwilde was choking off trade to Mag.

I still say that the way trades are done in Lusternia is a draw to the game. People from other games especially IRE games seem to like the perks.

Probably just putting the word out that there's a shortage of runebags would fix the problem. Message the blacktalan GA and announce it on market. It is exactly the point I'm trying to make. If you ask for a tailor I'm far more likely pass. If you say you can't find x in a shop, I'm far more likely to stop whatever I'm doing, take the personal finacial loss, and help someone.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Geomancers have Jezebel, for example, that actually sells novice equipment and stuff like runebags, robes, etc...are we the only guild with this?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Munsia said:
    Geomancers have Jezebel, for example, that actually sells novice equipment and stuff like runebags, robes, etc...are we the only guild with this?
    That only works if the guild leaders stock the guild shop (it is its own separate internal shop as part of the guildhall, and may even need to be paid for / bought separately as well, I do not remember how exactly that part of it works).
    In my opinion, the guild city/commune shop is for making profits for the guild coffers, and your guild tutors should be selling stuff for your novices. Predating that, however, most guild leaders kept a chest full of stuff...
  • Steingrim said:

Probably just putting the word out that there's a shortage of runebags would fix the problem. Message the blacktalan GA and announce it on market. It is exactly the point I'm trying to make. If you ask for a tailor I'm far more likely pass. If you say you can't find x in a shop, I'm far more likely to stop whatever I'm doing, take the personal finacial loss, and help someone.
    You could also try letting the Chancellor know that some (relatively crucial) things are missing in the Commune shops.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited July 2014
    Steingrim said:
    -snip-

The problem seems more guilds who use their shops to make profit OVER equipping novices and guild members. There's no reason the the guilds who use runes can't stock runebags, the guilds who use tarot decks, music...instruments, and so on.

-snip-
    Doesn't seem to be the issue with any of our guild stores. Plus, if someone has an issue and asks on CT and Vivet or myself are online, they'll get their item delivered without even being asked to pay. Rune bags and tarot decks also aren't a tailor/artist only items. You need an enchanter to enchant them, too. That said, I'm quite uncertain why we need them at all, especially considering their only use is to access the rune/tarot/dream rifts that we have nowadays. Heck, pretty sure flesh/charged crystal rifts can be accessed even without having the skillset. I know for sure that the charged gems go in the regular rift these days in their own separate compartment, still visible through IR/INFO RIFT and can be OUTR/INR-ed without having the skillset either simply by using OUTR C<gem>/INR C<gem>. I'd say simply coalesce all these 'separate' rifts into one, throw the different items into different categories and be done with it, then get rid of the enchanting skill for dimensionpockets.

EDIT: Failing that, make a dimension pocket skill under tarot, runes and dreamweaving, give them some base material cost to make and have the users make their own.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited July 2014
    You could also make it so a teardrop sigil works on them instead of requiring an enchanter to enchant them (theoretically this sigil should let them access their respective rifts as well).

Edit: It still requires another trade, but it no longer requires that the other tradesperson be online / available, which would at least be a small step forwards.
  • Oh elusive carrots. Why can I not have you. Serenwilde is waaaay too incorruptible to let me have any it seems (good on you guys, nice training of the novices). Is there actually somewhere outside of Estelbar I can get those or am I unable to complete the last waystation until that place changes hands?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    edited July 2014
    Rialorm said:
    Oh elusive carrots. Why can I not have you. Serenwilde is waaaay too incorruptible to let me have any it seems (good on you guys, nice training of the novices). Is there actually somewhere outside of Estelbar I can get those or am I unable to complete the last waystation until that place changes hands?
    I thought you had Stealth..?

Edit: You can also pay any unenemied Hallifaxian or Celestian too.  It's not like the carrots can be used for any nefarious end (enslaving them uses chokeberries from Acknor, carrots are just for freeing them and taking them home).
  • Xenthos said:
    Rialorm said:
    Oh elusive carrots. Why can I not have you. Serenwilde is waaaay too incorruptible to let me have any it seems (good on you guys, nice training of the novices). Is there actually somewhere outside of Estelbar I can get those or am I unable to complete the last waystation until that place changes hands?

Edit: You can also pay any unenemied Hallifaxian or Celestian too.  It's not like the carrots can be used for any nefarious end (enslaving them uses chokeberries from Acknor, carrots are just for freeing them and taking them home).
    I actually haven't transed it yet, else I'd just deepcover in. Good idea however! I did try to sway them IC by saying how carrots just grow back and the harvest probably goes to waste but nope, they're pretty strict on the carrot export it seems.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited July 2014
    Steingrim said:
      Doesn't every guild tutor have a shop that people can stock for guild members?

Xenthos said:
    Rialorm said:

All Glom activities are nefarious.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Rialorm said:
    Don't know about training. If a random person asks me (as a novice) to do something for them, the first thing I'd check is honors <person> If it says they're an enemy of anything related to my organization, chances are I won't bother helping them in any fashion, and even report the request on CT. That said, if the carrots make them start following, it all depends on how the transfer furrikin to Acknor quest is done. Is there a check to make sure they're following because you gave them a chokeberry... or does it just check to make sure they're following you? Pretty sure you can steal geomyci from Ptoma/Ixthiaxa using either of the quests. Like you can go to the guy in charge in Ix, have him give you the item, have an Ix geomycus follow, bring to Ptoma, quest complete, so there's reasons to worry.

Something else to think about... there IS a carrot on Frosticia if you need just one. Not sure if it works for waystation, though, but hey... worth a try?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Rialorm said:
    Don't know about training. If a random person asks me (as a novice) to do something for them, the first thing I'd check is honors <person> If it says they're an enemy of anything related to my organization, chances are I won't bother helping them in any fashion, and even report the request on CT. That said, if the carrots make them start following, it all depends on how the transfer furrikin to Acknor quest is done. Is there a check to make sure they're following because you gave them a chokeberry... or does it just check to make sure they're following you? Pretty sure you can steal geomyci from Ptoma/Ixthiaxa using either of the quests. Like you can go to the guy in charge in Ix, have him give you the item, have an Ix geomycus follow, bring to Ptoma, quest complete, so there's reasons to worry.

Something else to think about... there IS a carrot on Frosticia if you need just one. Not sure if it works for waystation, though, but hey... worth a try?
    If it works that way for Ixthiaxa, I'd bug it.  It makes no sense to be able to enslave geomycus using bolt-cutters, or to set them free with poisoned shackles. :P  Similarly, it makes no sense for empowered carrots to dull and drug lively furrikin so that they will go to a life of slavery (so it doesn't work that way).

There's no reason to worry about this.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Rialorm said:

If it works that way for Ixthiaxa, I'd bug it.  It makes no sense to be able to enslave geomycus using bolt-cutters, or to set them free with poisoned shackles. :P  Similarly, it makes no sense for empowered carrots to dull and drug lively furrikin so that they will go to a life of slavery (so it doesn't work that way).

There's no reason to worry about this.
    Sugar crash.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Oh Risio, I know you need to add one plant at a time until you get the mixture just right, but couldn't you just take all of them at once and keep them in a pile next to you? Must I stand there and watch you mix each one, taste, and reject it? On. At. A. Time?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Munsia said:
    ....try getting it mended?

Runebags aren't mendable with tailoring.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    7/31/2014 at 9:21Aether Flares Around the Cankermore Battlegrounds, the Dramube Triangle, and Mucklemarsh
    7/27/2014 at 6:00Dairuchi Celebrations
    45257/20/2014 at 14:14Aether Flares Around the Bubble of Bottledowns and the Facility
    7/18/2014 at 8:54The Mountain Wars and the Undervault Struggles
    7/11/2014 at 14:50Hemp Wars
    7/8/2014 at 20:06Aether Flares Around Crumkindivia, the Workshop of Xion, and Frosticia
    7/2/2014 at 22:44Orc-Furrikin Wars
    6/27/2014 at 10:40Aslaran-Krokani Feud
    6/27/2014 at 6:58Aether Flares Around the Cankermore Battlegrounds, the Dramube Triangle, and Mucklemarsh

The RNGeezus has a thing for 6am to 3pm time windows this last month. I'm aware it's swung entirely in other's favours before now, I'm not saying it's always like this. But 7/9 events happening in a 9 hour window is irritating as hell, all the prep in the world can't counter random luck of the draw.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited July 2014
    We have been... lucky? I admit this gave us some welcomed opportunity to lift our moral.

Idrazil said:
    We have been... lucky? I admit this gave us some welcomed opportunity to lift our moral.

Nothing will fix your skewed morals, morale however...
    Karlach said:
    7/31/2014 at 9:21Aether Flares Around the Cankermore Battlegrounds, the Dramube Triangle, and Mucklemarsh
    7/27/2014 at 6:00Dairuchi Celebrations
    45257/20/2014 at 14:14Aether Flares Around the Bubble of Bottledowns and the Facility
    7/18/2014 at 8:54The Mountain Wars and the Undervault Struggles
    7/11/2014 at 14:50Hemp Wars
    7/8/2014 at 20:06Aether Flares Around Crumkindivia, the Workshop of Xion, and Frosticia
    7/2/2014 at 22:44Orc-Furrikin Wars
    6/27/2014 at 10:40Aslaran-Krokani Feud
    6/27/2014 at 6:58Aether Flares Around the Cankermore Battlegrounds, the Dramube Triangle, and Mucklemarsh

The RNGeezus has a thing for 6am to 3pm time windows this last month. I'm aware it's swung entirely in other's favours before now, I'm not saying it's always like this. But 7/9 events happening in a 9 hour window is irritating as hell, all the prep in the world can't counter random luck of the draw.
    Don't think I've seen any of these latest flares/revolts/domoths opening post-flux.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    There are days when I log on and send OMG WHERE ARE YOU ARE OK COME BACK messages to old friends. Exeryte. Adeleide. Romero. Havulma. Albiorix. And others whose name I cannot now recall, I hope you're doing okay.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• hmm, looking through the vernal gods and soulless gods, there seems to be a quest related to each except:

Shanth,
    Kenthuru.

Does anyone know of any quests related to Shanth? There's some mention of an ancient artifact of his in the lore but I dont think there is a quest related to it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's a speedwalk artifact, allow more movement before hasty.mesages, either it was a suggested artifact or an auction arti. The lore is that they make you fast, shanth is fast.
  • edited July 2014
    Boots of Shanth, yeah.

** Summary for Auction #5 **********************************************
    Title:                                     (Days until closing: 160)
         Boots of Shanth
    Prize:
         Boots of Shanth
    Current bid:
         5 credits.
    Description:
         Increased movement beyond that that of the winged sandals
         of haste (+2).

EDIT: From the auction of May 2013.
    I'm not sure if that's actually considered a Vernal artifact, though... hmm.  That would be interesting if it was.  I've always just considered things like those to be named in honour of the individual in question, instead of having actually been created by them.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I haven't finished the grey moors quest yet (I'll find you someday, sole remaining keystone) but I thought the aslaran side had something to do with Shanth?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.

• Enyalida said:
    It's a speedwalk artifact, allow more movement before hasty.mesages, either it was a suggested artifact or an auction arti. The lore is that they make you fast, shanth is fast.
    Ah no no. Im talking about the Claw of Shanth, a powerful vernal artifact used during the taint wars to actually hold back the taint from infecting the grey moors and balach swamp. No mention of it since, it simply disappeared.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Arcanis said:
    hmm, looking through the vernal gods and soulless gods, there seems to be a quest related to each except:

Shanth,
    Kenthuru.

Does anyone know of any quests related to Shanth? There's some mention of an ancient artifact of his in the lore but I dont think there is a quest related to it.
    Grey Moors cougar quest for some Shanth lore. IIRC doesn't mention Claws of Liberty though.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ssaliss got my hopes up.
This discussion has been closed.