Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius, joining an order may very well teach you new tricks ways of serving the Collective.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Join the order of Munsy

We worship cows....

Why does this sound familiar.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ev has the same problem, @Daraius. @Lisaera just keeps oozing awesome, but Ev is committed to the Great Spirits alone.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Munsia said:
    Join the order of Munsy

We worship cows....

Why does this sound familiar.
    The problem is... he -eats- cows. No worship involved.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Communion!
    Technically true, depending on whom you ask!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Your mom's not a word  X(
  • Could we get Brewmeistery accessible to all alchemists? I rather like it and it may become more popular as well. Additionally, lorecraft could be opened as well to even it out.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yeah, no.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Arcanis said:
    Could we get Brewmeistery accessible to all alchemists? I rather like it and it may become more popular as well. Additionally, lorecraft could be opened as well to even it out.
    This is hardly the place to ask for changes to game mechanics/code.

I will second Shaddus with the.... yeah, no. You're a druid. If you want to make alcohol, go for cooking... or go bard.

While I would also love to have access to lorecraft in a city bard guild, next thing you'll be asking for bards to have access to spellcraft too. Or monks with forging, warriors with tattoos, etc. There's a reason certain trade skills are limited. Communes get lorecraft (in their dr00d/wiccan guilds) and cities get spellcraft (In mage/guardian guilds).

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited July 2014

Enticing Allehria within striking distance with its lure of flesh, a hard-shelled, many-legged cave-fisher quickly lunges forward and clamps down on her with his massive mandibles, crushing Allehria's bones with a sickening crunch.
    Your Aegis bond with Allehria has been broken.
    Allehria has been slain by a hard-shelled, many-legged cave-fisher.
    ALLEHRIA IS DOWN. WANT TO RECOVER THE BODY?
    You reach over to comfort Allehria as she falls to the level of Luminary.
    6418h, 7662m, 7035e, 10p, 23727en, 24459w elrxk<>- (XBHSPFA) {77.7605}

More Aegis confusion...

Only way I can see this being feasible is if the way Aegis translates is by % and not by numbers so by saying Allehria got 1 shotted, then the Aegiser would get shotted, I couldn't support the damage outcome and it broke it...but that's kind of bullshit. 
    Munsia said:

Enticing Allehria within striking distance with its lure of flesh, a hard-shelled, many-legged cave-fisher quickly lunges forward and clamps down on her with his massive mandibles, crushing Allehria's bones with a sickening crunch.

More Aegis confusion...

Only way I can see this being feasible is if the way Aegis translates is by % and not by numbers so by saying Allehria got 1 shotted, then the Aegiser would get shotted, I couldn't support the damage outcome and it broke it...but that's kind of bullshit. 
    I'm assuming it's more a case of... it shares some of your hp with the person you're shielding... up to a % above THEIR maximum hp. So if you run aegis for someone with 500 hp, you'd be giving them say an extra 200 hp. Obviously, the numbers I'm giving you are guesses, but I'm willing to bet that's how it works, and the main reason for it would be to counter a level 5 being able to take as much damage as a demi due to aegis.

It's a level 46 -.- with almost 3k health...that somehow got 1 shot by a fisher. 
  • edited July 2014
    sheesh calm down, was just a thought. Not like it would be bad thing to have more of them. Heavens know the game population isnt what it used to be, but it seems any ideas or suggestions to adjust or give solutions to it are immediately shot down by players afraid of change (or simply to shoot something down).

Metathesiophobia
    (noun) - The persistent, abnormal, and unwarranted fear of change.
    I have that. Goin in signature.
    Thank you, however, for providing me with a single word that describes the reality in which I work IRL.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sounds like Aegis is broken, honestly. It should share HP pools until a single hit would ensure both are depleted, though resistance for that damage is calculated for whoever is getting hit directly.

Also, it is more than possible for a level 46 player with low skill levels to take 3K from the strong fisher hit (which is what you have posted). Keep in mind most dmp skills scale to skill level noticeably, and that the random factor in damage dealt seems to be higher when the overall base level damage is higher (I take quite a wide range of damage from the strong manifestation hits, as an example - like up to 1K in damage variance).

Standardbearer is really so much better for bashing with little people. :(
    Kephera astral aegising is just too nice. I can roll 12k h/m/e and aegis pulls from health while I heal from ego. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:

More Aegis confusion...

I'm assuming it's more a case of... it shares some of your hp with the person you're shielding... up to a % above THEIR maximum hp. So if you run aegis for someone with 500 hp, you'd be giving them say an extra 200 hp. Obviously, the numbers I'm giving you are guesses, but I'm willing to bet that's how it works, and the main reason for it would be to counter a level 5 being able to take as much damage as a demi due to aegis.
    If that's the case it's changed, because I've aegised people with 5k HP and been tanked the entire of my 14k + for them before now.

This sounds like something unintended as a bug.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Karlach said:
    If that's the case it's changed, because I've aegised people with 5k HP and been tanked the entire of my 14k + for them before now.

This sounds like something unintended as a bug.
    Like I said, that was an assumption. I haven't had much chance to test aegis personally, so I'm doing guesswork... and estimating based on the fact that Munsia is running low-levels through places like Illwater, UV trash, etc.

There's also the question of whether they were healing properly or not. Perhaps Aegis also explodes when they take a hit that would kill them straight up even if at full hp. Again, no way to know personally, I'm just throwing out ideas that can possibly be tested.

Aegis will keep you at 1 hp, even if you don't cure between blows.

Ultimately when you reach 1 health, all remaining damage is transferred to the Ascendant aegising you, until such time that the next blow they take would slay them, then aegis breaks and you die.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    @Kelly and I survived several Mags long enough for allies to show, twice, with Aegis. It was awesome. Sad I lost that log.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited July 2014
    Karlach said:

Ultimately when you reach 1 health, all remaining damage is transferred to the Ascendant aegising you, until such time that the next blow they take would slay them, then aegis breaks and you die.
    While I understand that, the question still remains on what would happen if a single hit would be big enough to take out the shielded target even if said person was at full hp. There might be a failsafe specific to that, and I doubt real PvP situations with an ascendant shielding a demigod will have a case where the shielded target would be killed in a single burst of damage. I'd say grab some low level for testing and drag them around places where critters hit hard enough to do just that, then see what happens. Pretty sure aegis won't save you from being decapped/heartbursted/etc either.

EDIT: Or grab some low-level that you can one-shot, aegis them up and try and see if aegis will save them.

No praise of economy saving...woe. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Karlach said:

While I understand that, the question still remains on what would happen if a single hit would be big enough to take out the shielded target even if said person was at full hp. There might be a failsafe specific to that, and I doubt real PvP situations with an ascendant shielding a demigod will have a case where the shielded target would be killed in a single burst of damage. I'd say grab some low level for testing and drag them around places where critters hit hard enough to do just that, then see what happens. Pretty sure aegis won't save you from being decapped/heartbursted/etc either.

EDIT: Or grab some low-level that you can one-shot, aegis them up and try and see if aegis will save them.
    No, the question does not remain, it's been explained and you are not understanding it.

All aegis does is shift any damage that would kill the aegised to the aegiser unless that would kill the aegiser, then the aegis breaks and the aegised dies.
    It doesn't stop instakills, just damage deaths. I have huge, extensive experience using aegis for a variety of situations, including taking low-level people bashing into places where they may get one-shotted and have tanked them. You made assumptions, you were shown you were off-base, stop trying to defend it and move on.

There isn't anything special with being one-shot or whatever, Munsia is posting something buggy, as Vivet already said. I would bug it and see what happens.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    No, the question does not remain, it's been explained and you are not understanding it.

All aegis does is shift any damage that would kill the aegised to the aegiser unless that would kill the aegiser, then the aegis breaks and the aegised dies.
    It doesn't stop instakills, just damage deaths. I have huge, extensive experience using aegis for a variety of situations, including taking low-level people bashing into places where they may get one-shotted and have tanked them. You made assumptions, you were shown you were off-base, stop trying to defend it and move on.

There isn't anything special with being one-shot or whatever, Munsia is posting something buggy, as Vivet already said. I would bug it and see what happens.
    And all I'm trying to accomplish here is throw ideas of what -might- be happening to cause the aegis to break. If that behavior is a bug, it would be much simpler for the coders to solve to be able to point out a way to reproduce the bug rather than just randomly saying... oh hey, this thing killed my aegis target, look into it. But hey, let's just jump down my throat instead.

• The problem with guesses when it comes to hunting bugs is that they're generally very likely to be wrong, and thus could easily end up being a wild goose chase that just takes time. It's better to just present the facts as they happened and leave any guesswork out of it and let the people with the code work it out from there.
    Aegis cannot be leapfrogged, if that's what you're asking.

A full single hit for more than the shielded person's health, will not outright slay.

• Think @Drocilla is amazing. Just sharing. Know you all can agree with me.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2014
    The bug is as such:
    1) You can aegis someone.  As long as you remain in the same area, it functions.
    2) If you leave the area that they are in, the bond no longer functions.  HOWEVER, it remains in both of your DEFs, and you cannot remake it until you force it to drop, but it will have no effect and your aegised-friend will die as normal.

Before it was bugged, it would not fall if you left the area as your aegised person unless either of you did DEF when in a separate area (and then it would break).  If you came back to the same area with them before it fell, it would still correctly function as expected (obviously it would not tick the protective aspect if you were in different areas either, though, and would break at that point as well).

Edit: Changed the word "broken" to "bugged" for clarification's sake.
This discussion has been closed.