Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• library audit publishing
    *************************[ Library Publishing Audit ]**************************
    Book  Author               Publisher            Title           Days Left
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    9012  Portius              Hallifax             On the Repulsio       264
    12668 Portius              Hallifax             Catalogue of Ar        30
    12673 Portius              Hallifax             On the Vassal P        30
    12688 Ayisdra              Hallifax             An Examination         71
    12692 Alary                Gaudiguch            Of the Dreaming        99
    12700 Nott                 Glomdoring           For a spider...       124
    12706 Arcanis              Glomdoring           Domothean Realm       134
    12713 Daraius              Hallifax             The Concerns of       149
    *******************************************************************************
    Books Audited: 8
    *Days Left means how many days left that the book can be critiqued.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited August 2014
    I am so glad I got that one out on time. It was less than two hours from 'huh, I should do a book out slivven while they're still out and relevant' to 'Crapcrapcrap they're going away in like five hours' and finally to 'well, published that one in record time.'

As far as I can tell the low library number is because I published it on a really old scroll that I found, for people who were wondering.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Silvanus said:
    guild enemy SomeShittySeren Magnagoran enemies are Cacophone enemies
    You declare SomeShittySeren to be a formal enemy of the Cacophony Guild.

SomeShittySeren tells you, "Such a retard."

I just don't get why people resort to such name calling or such pettiness over being a guild enemy. You just attacked a citizen on Earth, what the fuck do you think is going to happen? We have our guild policies, like you have yours.

Oh, and to top it all off: SomeShittySeren has declared you a formal enemy of the Spiritsingers Guild for this reason: 'for enemying for a stupid reason. Real brains I guess. Here is the epic reason: Magnagoran enemies are Cacophone enemies'.
    Ugh, people like that give guild heads a bad name, assuming said person is even a guild head full stop.  If they are not, take it up with said guild head, because that is an abuse of power and simply petty.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I could stab a guess at who this is, and be rather confident that I'd be right.

I wouldn't take too much stock in what they said, they're the Forest version of the village idiot.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    It's probably not who you think...it's just Barrin
    Munsia said:
    That's exactly who I thought it was.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Silvanus said:
    guild enemy SomeShittySeren Magnagoran enemies are Cacophone enemies
    You declare SomeShittySeren to be a formal enemy of the Cacophony Guild.

SomeShittySeren tells you, "Such a retard."

I just don't get why people resort to such name calling or such pettiness over being a guild enemy. You just attacked a citizen on Earth, what the fuck do you think is going to happen? We have our guild policies, like you have yours.

Oh, and to top it all off: SomeShittySeren has declared you a formal enemy of the Spiritsingers Guild for this reason: 'for enemying for a stupid reason. Real brains I guess. Here is the epic reason: Magnagoran enemies are Cacophone enemies'.
    I am not convinced that someone enemying you for enemying them is always unreasonable. If people are going to duck behind 'we can enemy for anything we want' seems that goes both ways. 50 shades of Petty perhaps.

I actually think Gaudiguch should probably enemy org leaders who enemy Gaudi citizens for depriving them of their 'freedom'. After all enmying is only about RP right?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    You can't really complain about someone enemying you for a stupid reason when you have enemied them for a stupid reason. Just because the stupid reason is guild policy doesn't make it less stupid. Guilds are perfectly free to enemy for whatever reason they want, even stupid ones.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited August 2014
    I think it's more dismay at the reaction to being enemied for valid reasons is to call someone a retard and then enemy them out of petty spite.

But honestly, considering who it is, who's surprised? When members of your own organisation feel it's necessary to apologise to enemies of Serenwilde for some of the things he does, what is there about him that's worth defending?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    One person's stupid reason is another person's reasonable reason.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I don't care about the enemy status at all, I just find it ironic to call me a retard for doing something, then doing the exact same thing. I wasn't aware Barrin had a reputation, I don't go out talking to people. And I did go about it ICly, this was the message I sent:

You sent the following message to Niina: I am wondering if it's your guild's policy to enemy people to your guild for what I do in my own guild and in my own city? If not, I would like to reverse my Spiritsinger enemy status, as I have done nothing to attack any Spiritsinger or your guild personally, though I do probably deserve being enemied for my attacks against Serenwilde, so I would understand. I'd just prefer it to not be for this reason: 'for enemying for a stupid reason. Real brains I guess. Here is the epic reason: Magnagoran enemies are Cacophone enemies'

And this is what I am enemied too now: You are an enemy of: Estelbar, Delport, Rockholm, Southgard, Angkrag, Celestia, Celest, Aquamancers, Celestines, Faethorn, Tosha, Waterlords, Kephera, Lisaera, Terentia, Airlords, Tahtetso, Glomdoring, Viravain, Gaudiguch, Pyromancers, Crowspirit, Blacktalon, Gorgogs, Nyalia, Firelords, Shallamurine (5 mo. reprieve), Kalikai, Valtreth, Paladins, Cantors, Hallifax, Goloth, Moonspirit, Hoaracle, Hartspirit, Moondancers, Aeromancers, Serenwilde, Hartstone, Maylea, Shofangi, Kelpies, Spiritsingers.

Adding one more to that list really doesn't do anything. Just so you are aware I'm not complaining about being enemied to it.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Barrin definitely has a reputation.  For quite a few things.
  • edited August 2014

Munsia said:
    Nope, not me...
    I really do dislike this festival of light crap that yall decided to spam every corner of the game with...while I understand propoganda, there is a limit unto which one should go.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It lasts a couple days. City events like that can really boost player morale for a while if they're successful. 

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Kay well, keep it to your city and don't spam the QL of every damn room in the game
    I think she is talking about things like this:
    The Fixed Planar Fulcrux.
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. Half-seen lattices and beams crisscross the space here, radiating a pale glow and supporting some hidden structure. Rigidly segmented gateways hang inexplicably in empty space, with various Astrospheres clearly visible on the other side. An occasional swirl of energy passes through an unclear path above, as a nebulous tear in the aether leads downwards. Hanging proudly in the breeze, an ocean-blue banner proclaims, "FESTIVAL OF LIGHT" in soft, silvery lettering. Gleaming as the surrounding light reflects off of it, a pearlescent white bouquet of seashell and satin hangs here. Flapping gently in unfelt winds, one cannot help but notice that it isn't just the hues of the curled streamers draped about which are oceanic, but a faint salty smell comes from it as well.

More than 50% of the room's description is some banner thing, in a place that has nothing to do with Celest.

I guess I have to agree that I don't really understand the point of putting them there..?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Would you really put advertisements in your home ground or put them where everyone can see them?

I've only seen these things at the Water Archway on Ethereal and at the Aetherplex. I hope a few extra lines of text isn't that much of an issue.

Also,

where is @Crumkane? :(

Maligorn said:
    Would you really put advertisements in your home ground or put them where everyone can see them?

I've only seen these things at the Water Archway on Ethereal and at the Aetherplex. I hope a few extra lines of text isn't that much of an issue.
    I'd put them where they are actually going to be useful as advertisements, instead of just putting them up wherever I felt like it, personally.  Also, there's zero point in putting them up in every single Limbo room; if you were doing it as an "advertisement," you could just do it in the entrance room and you're set.  Plastering them all over leaves it feeling as if it was done simply to be a nuisance.
    Well, they're probably showing off a little bit. Festival of Light is a big and awesome deal. And you're not allowed!

Personally, I'd love to see a Bloodfaire response to this.

edited August 2014
    Maligorn said:
    Well, they're probably showing off a little bit. Festival of Light is a big and awesome deal. And you're not allowed!

Personally, I'd love to see a Bloodfaire response to this.
    I've never gone even when I was allowed, I've got no real interest in Celest's festivals.  They don't have any real appeal to me, for some reason. :P

I don't mind a banner here and there (as you say, one at the Water archway is fine), but when you start just plastering them around in a concentrated (and unrelated) area it gets to the point where it's a bit of a head-shaker.  It definitely comes across less as "showing off" and more as "Hey, we have this thing we can do that we can dump in places and you can't get rid of, teehee!"

I suppose you could consider that a form of showing off if you want to, but it's not exactly in good taste.  People used to do this with flamed granny panties and various propaganda pieces too, and it has generally been considered more of a nuisance than a positive contribution.

Edit: I believe someone once baked a ton of happy cow cheesecakes, had an image of Daevos in a compromising position piped onto them, flame sigiled them all, and then left them strewn around Magnagora's streets.

Edit 2: Who even has authorization to hang these banners up?  Is it possible that it's not even a Celestian doing it?  Because that could indeed explain a few things.
    edited August 2014
    This reminds me of the time that I dominated Daevos to wear panties and yelled 'Daevos wears Panties' because Hajamin dared me to...inside of Magnagora...while enemied.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be allowed with this festival crap, because people who are getting this bubbly and gung-ho about it are going in my 'Snuggler' book. 
    Munsia said:
    This reminds me of the time that I dominated Daevos to wear panties and yelled 'Daevos wears Panties' because Hajamin dared me to...inside of Magnagora...while enemied.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be allowed with this festival crap, because people who are getting this bubbly and gung-ho about it are going in my 'Snuggler' book. 
    I don't think that's fair either.  It's perfectly acceptable (in my book) to get really excited about a great source of roleplay and interaction between members of your organization (and maybe even a few outsiders too).  Excitement != Snuggler, and I'm sure there are a ton of people who are really into this who are not plastering these banners around too.

They have every right to enjoy their thing!  I just would like to see a little more restraint on the banners and stuff thrown around outside the city (at least as long as there's no way for others to take them down), that's all. :)
  • Well, we also have one strung up at the stone megalith on Astral. And I see them at almost every astral node. I had to look at a banner while I was ur'bashing. Life is hard. Bawww.
  • Marcella said:
    Well, we also have one strung up at the stone megalith on Astral. And I see them at almost every astral node. I had to look at a banner while I was ur'bashing. Life is hard. Bawww.
    Funny, they say it is a festival for them and their allies and that 'you're not allowed', yet seem to be placing banners at enemy locations...makes sense.
    I haven't been paying attention. Are these flamed items? Can't an enchanter remove them?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    probe banner
    Fastened with unobtrusive cream ribbons, the banner stretches joyfully overhead, loudly and proudly announcing the festivities and celebrations of the "FESTIVAL OF LIGHT," as the large, soft, silvery lettering states. The cloth of the banner, rich in texture to the touch, snaps proudly in the sea breeze, the deep blue of its dye making look as though a gentle ocean wave hangs vertically here. Each snap and billowing of the banner sends the silvery letters seemingly shimmering, doing its best to catch the eye and attention of those around it.
    It is strangely weightless.

get banner
    You cannot pick up a blue banner proclaiming, "FESTIVAL OF LIGHT" in silvery letters.
    Issue and complain about the spam. Especially if they're all over astral and areas not owned by Celest.
This discussion has been closed.