Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Let's go back a bit. For those of us who have never used Night extensively, what does "clear bonds" do, and who can do it? Only the person who cast Bonds?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SHADOWDANCE CLEARBONDS, any Night user for 1 power
  • Munsia said:
    Bavarian cream IS NOT CUSTARD

Is there a way to flag current designs? Also is there a way to smack around whoever approved of false food items? 
    And Bavarian as in Germany? Is not that OOC cream?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I love talking to Gaudy folks. That is all. We can talk about random unrelated things and pretend our conversation is sane and linear.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited July 2014
    Wonder why I can't actually disagree with my own posts. Like, "The stuff I said 2 seconds ago? Total bullshit, man."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Idrazil said:
    Munsia said:

Is there a way to flag current designs? Also is there a way to smack around whoever approved of false food items? 
    What?

That's really not the point. There's a Bavarian cream design 'custard donut' that uses no egg. From what I've been hearing from people in a lot of regions they call Bavarian cream filled donuts 'custard donuts'. This is mostly slang and ungodly a falsity since custard for donuts is made with egg, and I guess this design doesn't even have egg? I have no idea what else to call it, but calling it by it's largely false name is annoying. -.- 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    I was wondering how anyone could get worked up about something like that, but then I remembered our former pastry chef once insisted I was wrong when I told a customer our German chocolate frosting was a coconut custard. Honey if it's cooked cream and eggs and sugar, it's custard.

That said, from a descriptive linguistic perspective, I think it's acceptable to call a sweet, creamy doughnut filling (even if it's eggless) a custard. You're trying to convey a taste and texture, rather than a prescribed set of ingredients.

THAT said, from a baking perspective, the best doughnut recipes use eggs, even if they're not filled. Ultimately, based on the information presented here, I'm just going to have to agree that this design in question is an abomination for being eggless. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Custard texture is not the same as bavarian cream, and you're a tasteless heathen for implying such!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Clearly I have no idea what you're even arguing about. As usual.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Predictability is for the lower class. 
    Doesn't Daraius make sweets for a living irl?

Anyway. If you really want to go through all the food designs and try to regulate them, feel free. You might also complain that copper doesn't exist in Lusternia, and we use iron for it. Ask the Charites to change all the copper designs to require a copper comm that they add, or to rename it if it doesn't actually add copper. That's false advertising.

Or, you could ask them to make a rule that anything that mentions custard requires egg, or that anything that mentions peppermint actually uses peppermint, or that tea requires hours to brew. Realism is important, after all.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Realism is important, after all.

lol?
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

In any case, my base argument, is there seems to be quite a large amount of people that believe bavarian cream doughnuts are custard doughnuts...both in my real life and in this game!
    That awkward moment when you feel bad about your rp, but go through it anyway. PS: @Nephelai‌ , please stick around. We need more of you.‌
    edited July 2014
    Squee

FYI, never offer an outlandish idea just to get a skill you want...it'll actually happen -.-
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Munsia said:
    Squee

FYI, never offer an outlandish idea just to get a skill you want...it'll actually happen -.-
    Big Brother is always listening.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Munsia said:
    Idrazil said:
    Munsia said:

What?

That's really not the point. There's a Bavarian cream design 'custard donut' that uses no egg. From what I've been hearing from people in a lot of regions they call Bavarian cream filled donuts 'custard donuts'. This is mostly slang and ungodly a falsity since custard for donuts is made with egg, and I guess this design doesn't even have egg? I have no idea what else to call it, but calling it by it's largely false name is annoying. -.- 
    And I worry about the price of steel and the implementation of flax in forged items....

Message #24 sent by (system) (received: 2014/07/23 01:43:33) Silvanus has declared you a formal enemy of the Cacophony Guild for this reason: 'New guild  policy, Magnagoran enemies are Cacophony enemies.'.

New guild policy: Enemy Magnagorian novices as they will attack us one day anyway.  This chain-enemying is getting out of control.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Well, bard guilds have little to enemy for in the first place. It shouldn't be a surprise that the evil org wants to squeeze more money out of you in case you ever want to buy those enemy statuses off.

• Hey, here's a suggestion to end all this enemying whining:

Delete guilds, so there's just one org enemy list and no individual enemying to do and to whine about. How about that?

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Wait til you get to the unenemying process. It's pretty damned awesome.

Vitas just got unenemied to Nil for 1 gold. Just saying.
    I meant the Cacophony specifically. This free deal is a limited time only!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The duration which it lasts is also limited too! Indeterminate length, ymmv.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited July 2014
    And here I am, standing, reading this, giving zero bothers about being unenemied to anyone.

Born to be bad.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Idrazil said:
    Munsia said:
    Idrazil said:
    Munsia said:

What?

And I worry about the price of steel and the implementation of flax in forged items....

Message #24 sent by (system) (received: 2014/07/23 01:43:33) Silvanus has declared you a formal enemy of the Cacophony Guild for this reason: 'New guild  policy, Magnagoran enemies are Cacophony enemies.'.

New guild policy: Enemy Magnagorian novices as they will attack us one day anyway.  This chain-enemying is getting out of control.
    I do not understand either of two separate things:
    1) How is being enemied to a guild for being enemied to a city "getting out of control"?  It's not like being enemied to a guild has any mechanical effect whatsoever, it just adds another name to your enemy list on STAT.
    2) You marked a post in tweets as "spam" simply because you did not like it.  Why?
  • edited July 2014
    Could've just not gotten enemied to Magnagora in the first place. That would've prevented this 'chain enemying' thing as you call it, which happens to be our city law, that's not even close to the silly suggestion you make of enemying novices. Weren't you enemied for trespassing or something? Another pretty dumb move...
    Here's my question. If all guilds and enemy statuses are going to be aligned, and all city enemies = all guild enemies = all order enemies, are they going to be removed for one fine in the future and removed all at once?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    You take your logic elsewhere, sir.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    Here's my question. If all guilds and enemy statuses are going to be aligned, and all city enemies = all guild enemies = all order enemies, are they going to be removed for one fine in the future and removed all at once?
    Wishful thinking galore? Also, fine != crime either. I got fined 20k for Moondancers for the slaying of a Moon Avatar. I got fined 100k for Hartstone for the same reason, never mind that I've been empowering Hart Spirits for 20+ ig years. Anyway, whatever, fines are funny, and I'm not going to bother with those anymore ever.

@Syrennia - What, why are we calling people dumb over an enemy status now? You don't hear me naming the multiple people from Magnagora that keep appearing on Air and need to be forcibly evicted then MAIL the essence they took to someone who is afk/not the person that chased them off Air in the first place, then try to get their enemy status revoked because they "gave the essence back".

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Shaddus said:
    I feel I should clarify - it is now CACOPHONY policy that we enemy city enemies. Because what reason do bard guilds have to enemy anyone ever? This isn't a new Mag wide law that any city enemy is going to be enemied to everyone and everything. Slow the panic train, people.

This discussion has been closed.