Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My tweet;

It's become apparent lately that many of my irl habits, good or bad, carry over onto my characters. Not sure if I'm becoming a Lusternian irl, or if my characters are becoming me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You're being assimilated by the Shaddus conscious.

• I just realized that for like the year and a half I've been inactive, I forgot to cancel my membership.

Damnit.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Aramel said:
    I just realized that for like the year and a half I've been inactive, I forgot to cancel my membership.

Damnit.
    But now you can come back to a couple thousand credits!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Rivius said:
    Celina said:
    Ps avatars are easier than supernals. For whatever reason.
    I thought they were supposed to be harder?
    If memory serves, they used to be. It's why everyone opted to gank city smobs before Commune smobs. Only when Supernals/Dls got superbuffed, avatars did not get equal treatment.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    Is this true? I liked being specialer... :( Where was the announce post?
  • The last upgrade I can find from searching the newsposts is in announce 1423, which was back in 2009. Could just be using the wrong terms for searching though.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Silvanus said:

A lot of us weren't enemied to Serenwilde to make Liveforest have an effect.

Ripple is stronger then liveforest.

And, as how this whole conversation started, a few people dropped out before the Celestia raid, as evidenced by Daedalion.
    Again, the forces that hit the Avatars were stronger then the ones that hit the supernals. Ripple is stronger then live forest, and a lot of us weren't even enemied to Seren for live forest to have an effect.

So we do not know what is stronger, however, Raziela tosses to astral and Aeon, while the only real affliction the Moonies did was stupidity from Albion.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Well I'm not just speaking from one instance. I've raided supernals, DLs, and Avatars since the change and Supernals/DLs are def harder than Avatars. As a healer SD I couldn't tank DLs in a room full of 15+ people spamming HEAL ME. Wasn't the case with Avatars.
  • The Avatars have all the same general buffs as half-formed (passive roomwides, defending, summon mobs, etc).

The only difference is that Avatars all have more health than any half-formed, IIRC, generally have a higher level (hit harder) and cost more to resurrect (1/3 each of what the total cost of a plane of half-formed is).

If I do recall, the avatars tend to be stronger overall, excepting Gorgulu who is fairly anomalous to the overall setup.
  • Eventru said:
    The Avatars have all the same general buffs as half-formed (passive roomwides, defending, summon mobs, etc). The only difference is that Avatars all have more health than any half-formed, IIRC, generally have a higher level (hit harder) and cost more to resurrect (1/3 each of what the total cost of a plane of half-formed is). If I do recall, the avatars tend to be stronger overall, excepting Gorgulu who is fairly anomalous to the overall setup.
    I always knew Gorgulu was special. He's just the sweetest little giant soul eating monster you ever will see.

He really likes it if you rub his tummy or if you pretty much interact with in any way at all. It's too bad he shows his appreciation by eating you.

I swear sometimes i think the DL's kill as many Magnagorans as they do enemies.

IIRC, you can weaken Raziela and Gorgulu by feeding them corpses anyway.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There was some terrifying order/guild RP a little while ago wherein we had to get something from Gorgulu. I've never been more scared to talk or emote then I was then, being eaten isn't generally conducive to elaborate roleplay.

Aramel said:
    I just realized that for like the year and a half I've been inactive, I forgot to cancel my membership.

Damnit.
    Time for that cubix you always wanted?
  • Lavinya said:
    There was some terrifying order/guild RP a little while ago wherein we had to get something from Gorgulu. I've never been more scared to talk or emote then I was then, being eaten isn't generally conducive to elaborate roleplay.
    It's possible to talk to Gorgulu without being eaten. You just have to know the trick to it!
  • Iytha said:
    Lavinya said:
    It's possible to talk to Gorgulu without being eaten. You just have to know the trick to it!
    By mumbling and/or standing behind someone else?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ssaliss said:
    Iytha said:
    Lavinya said:
    By mumbling and/or standing behind someone else?
    Sprinkle yourself with lots of cinnamon. He's allergic to it. Or was it pepper? Well, one or the other... try one, if it doesn't work, move on to the next.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Shaddus said:

IIRC, you can weaken Raziela and Gorgulu by feeding them corpses anyway.

It only weakens them some - Gorgulu is still stronger than any other half-formed, iirc, in line with his nature. After all, he was the leader and most powerful of the Emanations - and then came directly in contact with Kethuru. Ongblogbloopblurpshmorg.
  • Aramel said:

Damnit.
    @Aramel - come baaaaaack~

Please stop the wind in Shallamar, @Elanorwen.
    Shaddus said:
    Please stop the wind in Shallamar, @Elanorwen.
    It's not like I didn't say I'm not a shaman... *flops* Then there's the part that I can't get to Shallamar to stop the wind even if I was... then... why would I be helping a Halli by spending personal power?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2013
    Gnomes, Ironbeard, and the wheel all just ate a nerf.  :(

We'll have to see how it works out when December comes around, I guess.
  • edited April 2013
    Message #4 sent by Estarra (received: 2013/04/05 22:18:12)
       Because you only received 1 presents for 100 (110 total), I have given you another 9 presents.

I get this message after I log in.  Right before I logged out, I put a bunch of presents into the Megalith, as I tried to open one and it was empty, so I was like "Oh, I must have acquisitio'd these while I was spinning the wheel."

This is my life.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2013
    Xenthos said:
    Gnomes, Ironbeard, and the wheel all just ate a nerf.  :(

We'll have to see how it works out when December comes around, I guess.
    yeaaaah, gifts took a heavy nerf.

I got 2 presents on one of my alternates, both contained gold - which now has around a 30% chance of being in standard gifts.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Aramel said:

Damnit.
    Now, you can come to my Wyrden sandbox, @Aramel. Come, come.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    When you look at what's in some of the upper tiers, I wouldn't call the presents thing a massive nerf.

Some of those new ultimates are pretty insane.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Morkarion said:
    When you look at what's in some of the upper tiers, I wouldn't call the presents thing a massive nerf.

Some of those new ultimates are pretty insane.
    I dunno... I got a rockeater maw out of an ulti present. That's not exactly woooooo-worthy.

• It's not much of a nerf for the people getting 100+ presents a credit purchase. But when december comes around and you're some poor bloke tryin to get something good from a gnome? You'll change your mind.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• Aaaaaaaah, Brennan, Damian, worst time ever! (But thank you <3)
This discussion has been closed.