Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    AND at the end of the day, when two Ascendants tell a Shade they should be doing other things, one ascendant being champion of the guild that is having the event, said shade says he doesn't have to listen cause he's serving crow blah blah, well said shade is going to get a verbal smack down. Glom collectively decided to put the event on hold because they already had plans with the domoth and it was awkward. From a purely RP perspective, a CR1 telling an Ascendant that Crow is more important than the collective will of Glomdoring is going to make some people frowny face at them.

Sorry, but that's how Glom is and will always be. RP bebbeh.
  • edited April 2013
    Celina said:
    Ezrai of the Ravenwood (Female Aslaran).
    She is 32 years old, having been born on the 19th of Roarkian, 318 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is ranked 835th in Lusternia.

"New."
    Like I said, I'm just going from what was posted here.  Peeps were calling her a newbie, heh.  If she chose an older age at the start, she could very well still be new in a roleplay sense.  Some people struggle to get immersed.  It may not be the case, however.

If we give that she's not really a newbie, it's still a darn pickle of a situation to be in.  Choosing to help with the domoth or choosing to answer the call of her guild?  Afterwards, when confronted about leaving the domoth, she answers in a tone which doesn't seem disrespectful.  Still seems a bit off to me.  Personally, I think Glomdoring has some of the most complex RP in the game.  Wrapping your head around it can take a bit.

Worst case scenario is that she selected her age as 29 when she created her character.  That gives her about a month and a half.  If this is her first mud, six weeks isn't really much experience.

Edit: Responding to Celina

Celina said:
    AND at the end of the day, when two Ascendants tell a Shade they should be doing other things, one ascendant being champion of the guild that is having the event, said shade says he doesn't have to listen cause he's serving crow blah blah, well said shade is going to get a verbal smack down. Glom collectively decided to put the event on hold because they already had plans with the domoth and it was awkward. From a purely RP perspective, a CR1 telling an Ascendant that Crow is more important than the collective will of Glomdoring is going to make some people frowny face at them.

Unless that was said outside of the logs, it doesn't sound like the kid was saying she didn't have to listen.  At six weeks in, this crap's confusing.  A simple "Hey kiddo, don't worry.  We're gonna feast on the innards of our enemies, then take up this little issue in the name of Crow" probably would help guide her in the right direction.  Maintaining the RP perspective (and again, assuming the only happenings of the situation are accurately depicted in Shaddus' log), does a young, GR1/CR1's actions which make some people frowny face deserve a disfavour, or should it rally those people to pull the kid aside and be all like "Hey kid.  This is the way it works around here."

I dunno.  Maybe it's just me, but disfavours seem like a really harsh punishment that should have really harsh criteria.

I'll also admit that I'm super biased when it comes to true fledgling Lusternians.  Less punishment, more "COME LET ME SHOW YOU THE GLOM-SIDE."

Edit2: A TWEET!

Hooray for learning how to better use Astrology (and for being able to grab lines to echo from logs) from Celina's combat logs!  I really wish more people would post them. :(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:

I missed that thing where Glomdoring decided to postpone a divine led event because new skills < domoth they were losing badly.

I also missed that person telling Vadi and Sidd that Crow was more important than the domoth. If it was, why wasn't the rest of the BT there at the domoth besides Elanorwen? Why not Kalia, or Iorwen, or Svorai?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Sorry, "Admin led event," is not IC. It was awkward timing by the admin, unintentional, but awkward none the less. We are customers, we don't drop everything to cater to the business. We continued what we already started. 

Well you posted the log, and she said it. So maybe go read it? Svorai was there. I wasn't on babysitter duty so I have no idea who wasn't there. 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    Celina said:

I missed that thing where Glomdoring decided to postpone a divine led event because new skills < domoth they were losing badly.

I also missed that person telling Vadi and Sidd that Crow was more important than the domoth. If it was, why wasn't the rest of the BT there at the domoth besides Elanorwen? Why not Kalia, or Iorwen, or Svorai?
    I have been biting my tongue for most of this discussion, but I will stop doing so right now. I wasn't there when the ritual started. I wasn't there when any part of the ritual was emoted, said, etc by the Divines. I have no way to see what happened, and I have no way to change that, never mind the fact that I actually didn't get to take part in an event for the guild that I'm a GM for. The leadership of the guild was up with the domoth. All THREE leaders of the guild were up there. For a random GR2 to decide to override our decision on the matter and not expect to get smacked down is... insolent at best, never mind the passive-aggressive complaints on GT in the hopes that the Divine watching the channel to use Brennan/Damian to speak will pay her some attention, then talking over her GM and GA when they're trying to communicate with people? I'd say the CDF is the least of said person's worries. There's also the part that a CDF means absolutely nothing when you're CR1 already.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I'm not sure if you understand what it takes to get an event going, but maybe you should be a little more thankful about the work these volunteers put into doing stuff for us. They piss me off, and I tend to fire angry emails at times, but there's no reason to get pissed off because it doesn't mesh with your schedule. Personally, if I were Estarra, I would have delayed Blacktalon until last of the releases for the BS Glomdoring was talking.

I mean, seriously. What do you want, for Estarra to ask Glom when they're ready to have their event? Wait in the guildhall calmly until you incline your head graciously? Check to make sure there are no raids/domoths/flares/weddings/mudsexing until they release something for you?

Ugh, I'm done talking about it. Glomdoring can do what Glomdoring wants, but it's really starting to decline.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Well we can all agree to disagree. If you don't like the RP behind not telling ascendants that Crow is more important that what Glom decided to do, then come make an alt and get CL. 

It looked like attitude to me. And apparently to others. Which is what the disfavor was for. 
    Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:
    Celina said:

I have been biting my tongue for most of this discussion, but I will stop doing so right now. I wasn't there when the ritual started. I wasn't there when any part of the ritual was emoted, said, etc by the Divines. I have no way to see what happened, and I have no way to change that, never mind the fact that I actually didn't get to take part in an event for the guild that I'm a GM for. The leadership of the guild was up with the domoth. All THREE leaders of the guild were up there. For a random GR2 to decide to override our decision on the matter and not expect to get smacked down is... insolent at best, never mind the passive-aggressive complaints on GT in the hopes that the Divine watching the channel to use Brennan/Damian to speak will pay her some attention, then talking over her GM and GA when they're trying to communicate with people? I'd say the CDF is the least of said person's worries. There's also the part that a CDF means absolutely nothing when you're CR1 already.
    I don't disagree with any of that. If they're being rude, kick their asses out/kill them. But when the divine already postponed the event for the flares, and then the guild decides to do a domoth, that's their own fault. This kid couldn't have made a difference at all in that domoth. Period.

The domoth was started before the event. 

The admin didn't know, so not fault to them, but it was. We aren't privy to their schedules, but they are privy to domoths. Only so much we can do.
    The event was -supposed- to be started before the flares. It got postponed according to a log shared by Vadi.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2013

Shaddus said:
    The event was -supposed- to be started before the flares. It got postponed according to a log shared by Vadi.
    Uh... I have to ask you a question here.

Let's say I wanted to start something at 5pm, but it's a surprise for you.  I find out at 4:30 that you're busy at 5, so I say, okay, I'll wait.  Six o'clock comes around and you're still busy.  At 7, you get home, and I say "Great!  Let's get this started, but I need to get a few ducks in a row before I approach you."  At 7:30, I show up at your house and you've gone out to a movie.

You've just completely ruined my entire plan- but is that your fault?

Or is it just bad timing & miscommunication?
    Xenthos said:

Shaddus said:

Let's say I wanted to start something at 5pm, but it's a surprise for you.  I find out at 4:30 that you're busy at 5, so I say, okay, I'll wait.  Six o'clock comes around and you're still busy.  At 7, you get home, and I say "Great!  Let's get this started, but I need to get a few ducks in a row before I approach you."  At 7:30, I show up at your house and you've gone out to a movie.

Yes. 
  • Elanorwen said:
    And this is why I was hesitant to say anything.  It seems things did happen outside the log posted.  Thanks for clarifying!  :)
    edited April 2013
    Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:

Shaddus said:

Yes. 
    How?  I never told you, but I can lay fault on you for going on with your activities?  That is pretty silly.

Personally, I wouldn't expect you to be a mind-reader, but I guess that's just me.
    Well,I guess we should just be psychic and know they postponed it next time. What were we thinking.
    If you had wanted to surprise me with something you've likely been working your rump off for months for, something you didn't owe to me and wanted to give to me to be nice, something I'd bitch about if I didn't get, I think I'd postpone my movie, especially if the movie ends up ending halfway through, and I kick my cat when I get home because I didn't enjoy the movie.
    If the kid smarted off on the guild channel and caused trouble after the cdf, that's completely understandable that she should be punished for it. But being somewhat new, she could have been guided a bit better than "We're pissed, you said the wrong thing, we're lashing out at you."
    edited April 2013
    ... you're missing something important here.

I never told you I wanted to give you the surprise that evening.  You went out to do your usual thing, because as far as you were aware it was a normal night.

You were already at the movie when I showed up at your place.  You've already gone on to do your thing.  The time and effort I put into setting it up have absolutely no bearing on the situation whatsoever.

Some wires got crossed, a signal got missed, whatever- but I can't go pointing the finger at you and saying that you went out to muck up my surprise because it isn't even possible.  You didn't know it was coming that night.
    edited April 2013
    Xenthos said:
    ... you're missing something important here.

I never told you I wanted to give you the surprise that evening.  You went out to do your usual thing, because as far as you were aware it was a normal night.

You were already at the movie when I showed up at your place.  You've already gone on to do your thing.  The time and effort I put into setting it up have absolutely no bearing in the situation whatsoever.
    And that's fine, I don't disagree with that. 

I also don't feel that I should accuse you of trying to disrupt my plans to see the movie, especially after you've already told me that you're got something coming for me.

And I also shouldn't kick the cat.

Edit: Quit editing your posts :(

Tweet: It's over with. Time to play some League of Legends.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Its funny that there was so much complaints about Chemantics meshing better with Psionics then the other Druid tertiaries, yet, the one thing that proves more effective then any skill in Psionics is a Druid being able to spam Shieldstun with their 18 strength.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Silvanus said:
    Its funny that there was so much complaints about Chemantics meshing better with Psionics then the other Druid tertiaries, yet, the one thing that proves more effective then any skill in Psionics is a Druid being able to spam Shieldstun with their 18 strength.
    Yeah, isn't that just a blast? Mind you, I'm sitting at a comfy 20 myself. xD

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Too bad there can't be an upgrade to 'woods that allows stun or blunt attacks to cause bleeding.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Sometimes I wish there was a way to talk to people on in-game clans without having to log-in(via some app or whatnot) - especially when I cannot find an available pc to run a game client. Guess I'll have to keep looking!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Got to say, there is nothing more annoying than ent killing. Starting to miss op researcher gems.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

Grass is always greener :)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited April 2013
    Daedalion said:
    Got to say, there is nothing more annoying than ent killing. Starting to miss op researcher gems.
    Part of the issue is Channels, I think. It shouldn't cost anything to raise, imo, or at least be reduced in cost. And does it drop on death? I never bothered with it ever because of the cost, but I imagine if it stayed up through death, then you could just call them back immediately whenever you died/phoenixed and not have to encounter it as much.

It also wouldn't happen to Illuminati so much if the hekoskeri didn't keep spamming its annoying effect on every enemy even when the Illuminati isn't there, effectively announcing its presence (and generally, the rest of the entourage too).
    I believe that Channels was indeed adjusted to persist through death. If not, I can't imagine too much opposition to it in today's environment where numerous guilds have powrful passives that cannot be murdered as easily as ents.
  • Xenthos said:

I believe that Channels was indeed adjusted to persist through death. If not, I can't imagine too much opposition to it in today's environment where numerous guilds have powrful passives that cannot be murdered as easily as ents.

Yup. It persists.
This discussion has been closed.