Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Well, some of you should probably try to hide the hateboners a little bit better.

With that said, both Researchers and Illuminati are in a pretty good position compared to the other classes. They're not very wanting of anything except for some minor tweaks here and there. Both of them have very clear goal in order to get their kills, but I will say that doing so as a Researcher is a bit more...straightforward. This is purely because their kill strategy, as you've noticed, is not tertiary dependent. That's a very big bonus to them and I feel that hasn't been properly mentioned.

Furthermore, I personally think the gem vs. ent thing is getting blown out of proportion a bit given that there are only 2 gems you should really care about IMO: rubies and diamond. What I've found works well is to zap diamond once, do your prep, then zap it again to destroy it before doing your burst. This has been pretty effective considering that the enemy is usually offbalance from trying to murder you. When it comes to rubies, I disagree slightly that "running away" is an inherently unique counter to rubies. I would say that running away is a counter for everything. Mana kills, affliction kills, you name it. But anyway, I've just started tracking how many rubies are on me and whether or not I'm resonating. Once I get to a level that I feel is dangerous, I bail and then start zapping my rubies down with kether behind walls until I'm all set, then I go again.

But yeah, gems vs. ents are have their own strengths and weaknesses, I wouldn't say one is necessarily better than the other. Gems are obviously better for defense, and ents are better for offense. A similar class design exists in Celestines vs. Nihilists and Moondancers vs. Shadowdancers. Just how things roll.

I also have to say that some of you guys will have to make up your minds. Some of you argue that disloyalty sucks, others argue that disloyalty is actually great. Man. I personally think it's annoying and does its job well. Not bad at all and is about equally as powerful as paranoia.

P.S. If you're gonna blow up and list what Illuminati can do, might as well mention all of it. Like OP Reality.

• Non tertiary dependence is quite nice indeed. For Illuminati, I think I've seen an Illuminate happen once ever. I like your reports along the lines of 'lower hindering, increase mental aff power.' I think that's a good direction to take Illuminati. 

About diamond: I actually came up with a report to change Diamond away from passive shielding and passed that along to my envoy. It's currently in draft stage.

On cure by movement: In terms of pure prep afflictions/semi-afflictions, I can only think of Rubies and Phantomspheres are cured by running. Running from other things gives you time and positioning, but isn't inherently a cure itself. This may be more of a semantic argument. Though remember that prepping Rubies is only part of the equation unlike Phantomspheres.

Personally, when I fight Researchers, I don't run from the Rubies and instead interrupt just their aeonlock. This allows me to continue my offense while surviving.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    The tertiary independence thing should probably be more prevalent across all classes. Maybe One Day. I also feel that Nihilists are similarly almost independent given their kill strategy as well, but I admit I haven't analyzed them as much as I have Researchers.

Yeah, I've been trying to move away from the hindering and more into the mental affs thing, but it's a rough road. As you've noticed through various forum threads and channel conversations, it's a very...popular class, so certain people are harder to convince because of it.

I'd agree aeonlock interruption is pretty doable as a tactic too. I've just found it easier to run than hope your love potion ticks or something like that. Your mileage may vary.
  • As a TK Mage, I would use Trip right before Aeonfield hit. Because the Researcher has to be on balance at that moment, they can't stop me from stopping them. This, along with my demesne, pretty much stifled any aeonlock attempts, while still allowing me to continue building vessels.
  • I can't find an enchanter *anywherrrre* :(
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    This is my second/third attempt to get the Iron Elite but PayPal is being mean. :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Mutter mutter damn you disconnect. YOU KILLED ME.

Oh well. I will have my revenge cave-fisher!
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It just wanted to give you a hug. I hear that it cried over your corpse before trundling off to find another potential victim friend.

Those fishers are quite sensitive and misunderstood. :(
  • Whoops! I'm enemied to Gaudiguch >.>
  • oh my god there is another illithoid on rwho
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Lothringen begins to bear down on you, whirling a serrated iron katana.
    7359h, 4677m, 5040e, 10p, 30900en, 21352w exkdb<>-
    (m&m): Careful: Lothringen is still decapitating you! Hinder or run.
    web lothringen
    Thoros's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Sticky strands of webbing spray out from Thoros to cover you.
    You are afflicted with entangled.
    7359h, 4677m, 5040e, 10p, 30900en, 21352w exkdbp<>-(invoke summer)
    Tight bindings cling to you, making that impossible.
    7359h, 4677m, 5040e, 10p, 30900en, 21352w exkdbp<>-
    :(
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You goan die
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Haha, I did, got crucified for good measure just after. Fun scuffles though.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    And just to make things worse it was pitted in every direction.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Speaking of pits, I'm still amused that leaping in a direction triggers them... I mean, one would think you'd leap over the traps.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Flow triggers it for some dumb reason. Even though traps are only set in a direction.
    Elanorwen said:
    Speaking of pits, I'm still amused that leaping in a direction triggers them... I mean, one would think you'd leap over the traps.
    That's assuming you know where exactly the trap is, you're leaping in a direction and hopefully clearing the pit. You could mistime the jump and start where the pit is or land smack in it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2013
    The funny thing is that you can leap away from the pit, and still land in it. That is, the pit is in your current room, set on the north entrance. You leap over everything 'in-between' your room and the room to the north, away from the room with the pit 'in it' (the room you end up in when the pit gets you)  and towards a room that has no pit actually IN it... and still end up in the pit somehow.
    Starting to think Terentia is a secret agent of the Traitor gods, no one else racks up her levels of friendly fire in Celest.

• Slowly learning the things in my head that don't translate well. 
    Wondering if the bug that doesn't display honours after completing the summoning of Mother Night affects your ability to complete the Glomdoring epic.

Don't want to invest time in it if I can't work on the Savant path.

Morkarion said:
    Wondering if the bug that doesn't display honours after completing the summoning of Mother Night affects your ability to complete the Glomdoring epic.

It likely does. Upon completing the quest, there is no message that you gained honors either, which is likely the official way to track what you have completed so far and how many times.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited April 2013
    Morkarion said:

I tracked down a couple weird bugs last night with village quests. Not sure what's up with it, or even what you're talking about. If you want, someone can e-mail me what they know about the problem (as much detail as possible without getting too wrapped up) and I'll see if I can't figure it out later this afternoon.

There were some recent under-the-hood changes to how we do honors, and as you can tell, track quests. We're gearing up to convert all existing quests, to my understanding, and that.... Not so fun.

I /think/ you will still get the honours though. We'll see.
    Eventru said:

I tracked down a couple weird bugs last night with village quests. Not sure what's up with it, or even what you're talking about. If you want, someone can e-mail me what they know about the problem (as much detail as possible without getting too wrapped up) and I'll see if I can't figure it out later this afternoon. There were some recent under-the-hood changes to how we do honors, and as you can tell, track quests. We're gearing up to convert all existing quests, to my understanding, and that.... Not so fun. I /think/ you will still get the honours though. We'll see.
    I'll run it tonight, but the issue is when you summon Mother Night after doing the nai'Dorin and blessing the crown, gathering the council etc etc. You simply don't get the honours line for it, the one you need to do 5 times for different lines.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I've seen the bug happen twice personally, but this has happened to at least four people. Morkarion is correct. After summoning Night, you don't get the honours line.

Also: Why does the thought of a Wyrdenwood dying and getting reborn from an egg(Crow) make me giggle?!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    I've seen the bug happen twice personally, but this has happened to at least four people. Morkarion is correct. After summoning Night, you don't get the honours line.

Also: Why does the thought of a Wyrdenwood dying and getting reborn from an egg(Crow) make me giggle?!
    Probably the same reason my tumble echo is: 

<orange>\n[You are tumbling] <cyan> --- LOL UR A TUMBLEWEED ---
  • Man, wildnodes was super fun. I just wish I knew what was going on!
  • A final few flashes light up the Astral Plane before relative peace descends again, leaving the City 
    of Gaudiguch victorious in the Wild Nodes event.

l me
    He is an ordinary human and blah blah blah. He is wearing the Golden Belt of the Enlightened.

Whee for naked Wild Noding!
    Caerulo said:
    A final few flashes light up the Astral Plane before relative peace descends again, leaving the City 
    of Gaudiguch victorious in the Wild Nodes event.

l me
    He is an ordinary human and blah blah blah. He is wearing the Golden Belt of the Enlightened.

Whee for naked Wild Noding!
    I hope the belt was positioned well, at least.

This discussion has been closed.