Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    Wondering if the bug that doesn't display honours after completing the summoning of Mother Night affects your ability to complete the Glomdoring epic.

Don't want to invest time in it if I can't work on the Savant path.
    I tracked down a couple weird bugs last night with village quests. Not sure what's up with it, or even what you're talking about. If you want, someone can e-mail me what they know about the problem (as much detail as possible without getting too wrapped up) and I'll see if I can't figure it out later this afternoon. There were some recent under-the-hood changes to how we do honors, and as you can tell, track quests. We're gearing up to convert all existing quests, to my understanding, and that.... Not so fun. I /think/ you will still get the honours though. We'll see.
    I'll run it tonight, but the issue is when you summon Mother Night after doing the nai'Dorin and blessing the crown, gathering the council etc etc. You simply don't get the honours line for it, the one you need to do 5 times for different lines.
    Yeaaaaaah. I found it. Sorry, it's fixed.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    THANK YOU!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    THANK YOU!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Woo, @Eventru. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• My astral insanity keeps bothering me about going with the Elder Gods.

I think it disapproves of Cthazoth not wanting to worship the Divines.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • Cthazoth said:

My astral insanity keeps bothering me about going with the Elder Gods.

I think it disapproves of Cthazoth not wanting to worship the Divines.
    So you're saying it makes you look suitably insane for your character...?

Mission accomplished!
  • Still gone for maybe a week or so. Boo!
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Hm. I got a thought. We are discussing it ic, but I'm curious what the forum thinks. The current Taint is Kethuru's essence, yeah? The orclach reacted badly to it, probably because they became as they were because of another soulless. Or rather, Orlachmar did. Details. Does this mean illithoid would react badly to it because they're well, illithoid? Or would they be affected like the other races?

Am I completely lost?
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It was Kethuru's essence. 

Release Sileni and Centaurs and Gnomes as mortal races, please!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I'm not sure what you mean by "reacted badly." My impression was that some orclach became stronger, and others devolved into orcs and there's ic propaganda surrounding why. Given that my understanding is that most of the other races either just straight up died, turned into mindless blobs, went insane, or became viscanti, I don't know that they reacted badly so much as uniquely in developing a distinct lesser race instead of the ones who weren't "improved" by the Taint just straight up dying. But whether that's due to the concentrations of orclach population in the affected regions, or their inherited traits from Orlachmar is probably a discussion for ic.

Certainly the illithoid, given they have significant ties to Magnagora, don't seem to be adversely affected by the taint in its current form.
  • Yeah, you guys have a point. Orlachmar became, well, more orclachy by some minor soulless didn't he? I need to reread the elder histories. Which are awesome, so it won't exactly be a burden.

Also. No more rambling while tired ;)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Siam said:

Gnomes would be fun, but I think all the Sileni are dead and gone, aren't they? And I believe the major reason why centaurs will never be mortal races, if I remember, is that coding four legs as opposed to two is a nightmare of catastrophic proportions.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    As a note, Orlachmar's Soulless essence is not the same as the Taint - the latter is limited to the essence of Kethuru, and what it became after he withdrew his sentience from it. They're similar, but not the same.

At least, that's what I've been told.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited April 2013
    Everiine said:
    Siam said:

Gnomes would be fun, but I think all the Sileni are dead and gone, aren't they? And I believe the major reason why centaurs will never be mortal races, if I remember, is that coding four legs as opposed to two is a nightmare of catastrophic proportions.

We'll rezz them by some magic ritual. And centaurs can have only two targettable legs for combat. :D

#bringShikariback 

• Eritheyl said:
    As a note, Orlachmar's Soulless essence is not the same as the Taint - the latter is limited to the essence of Kethuru, and what it became after he withdrew his sentience from it. They're similar, but not the same.

The Magnagora IC view is that the 'excorable' energy is uniform amongst all of the soulless, and whenever a ..'taint', I guess, has the sentience removed it just becomes normal excorable energy that isn't tied to any specific Soulless. So, the argument is that Fain's Elixir was built of the same stuff as the Taint since he took the excorable energy from that little Soulless (erlechtoch, I think it's name was), and gave it to Orlachmar. The thing about excorable energy is that people who are strong of mind, body, and spirit get extreme power and beauty from it, while weak-minded and not-worthwhile people die or mutate or such things like that, hence the Magnagoran preoccupation with beauty and not having big mutations. Anyone with a bad face as a viscanti has to wear a mask, for example - it's viewed as a flawless way of seperating good leaders/powerful people from the chaff - just expose them to the Taint and see whether they come out handsome!
  • edited April 2013
    Marcella said:
    Eritheyl said:

The Magnagora IC view is that the 'excorable' energy is uniform amongst all of the soulless, and whenever a ..'taint', I guess, has the sentience removed it just becomes normal excorable energy that isn't tied to any specific Soulless. So, the argument is that Fain's Elixir was built of the same stuff as the Taint since he took the excorable energy from that little Soulless (erlechtoch, I think it's name was), and gave it to Orlachmar. The thing about excorable energy is that people who are strong of mind, body, and spirit get extreme power and beauty from it, while weak-minded and not-worthwhile people die or mutate or such things like that, hence the Magnagoran preoccupation with beauty and not having big mutations. Anyone with a bad face as a viscanti has to wear a mask, for example - it's viewed as a flawless way of seperating good leaders/powerful people from the chaff - just expose them to the Taint and see whether they come out handsome!
    I think that's Magnagora's perception of it, re 'the thing about excorable energy is that people who are ...' I think, though, it doesn't bear out in the long term (see: Blooredi, who was a pretty 'weak' god and fairly inept, became much more because of it; Malmydia was noted as being generally disregarded, iirc, but became very powerful as a manipulator of essence (I loathe to use the word 'healer' to describe her) because of the elixir; Manteekan was largely uncommented on prior to the corruption, only gaining real traction after it). Edit: I don't want to discount the idea that the nature/personality of an individual plays into how they're affected, though - I agree completely on that, from a purely personal point of view.

When commenting about it from a purely objective stance, I note that the degenerative effect on the orclach was wholly negative, and not isolated to one or two individuals, or varied in nature, but segments of the population were affected in a similar manner. That sort of 'order' didn't exist with the other races (excepting the broadest of categories, 'liches' and 'abominations'). There was also the reverse effect - some became inordinately powerful lich lords, moreso than any other race. That orclach were affected differently by the taint compared to other races isn't really an arguing point - it's quantifiable.

WHAT that means, well, ....

Eventru said:
    Marcella said:
    Eritheyl said:

I think that's Magnagora's perception of it, re 'the thing about excorable energy is that people who are ...' I think, though, it doesn't bear out in the long term (see: Blooredi, who was a pretty 'weak' god and fairly inept, became much more because of it; Malmydia was noted as being generally disregarded, iirc, but became very powerful as a manipulator of essence (I loathe to use the word 'healer' to describe her) because of the elixir; Manteekan was largely uncommented on prior to the corruption, only gaining real traction after it). Edit: I don't want to discount the idea that the nature/personality of an individual plays into how they're affected, though - I agree completely on that, from a purely personal point of view.

When commenting about it from a purely objective stance, I note that the degenerative effect on the orclach was wholly negative, and not isolated to one or two individuals, or varied in nature, but segments of the population were affected in a similar manner. That sort of 'order' didn't exist with the other races (excepting the broadest of categories, 'liches' and 'abominations'). There was also the reverse effect - some became inordinately powerful lich lords, moreso than any other race. That orclach were affected differently by the taint compared to other races isn't really an arguing point - it's quantifiable.

It means Sileni and Centaurs are gonna be released!

#bringShikariback 

• Sileni are dead, Siam.

Dead dead.

And centaur will never live in Glomdoring - Crow won't be a selectable skillset, and any centaur gloms will constantly be harassed by murderous crows who deal excorable damage every 5s they're in Glom. :(
    Eventru said:
    Marcella said:
    Eritheyl said:

Clearly we need a town, village or quest area where the population are living breathing Orclach. No Lich Lords, no Orc Mutants, just a bunch of big ass grey skins who great each other in the morning with "HOOOOO!" and a mutual headslam.

Ok maybe not (though it'd be fun) but damnit we do need more Orclach NPC's. They're a damn rare species in this game, plenty of Orcs and undead Lich Lords but few living breathing answers-to-the-questions Orclach to identify with.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    Marcella said:
    Eritheyl said:

Clearly we need a town, village or quest area where the population are living breathing Orclach. No Lich Lords, no Orc Mutants, just a bunch of big ass grey skins who great each other in the morning with "HOOOOO!" and a mutual headslam.

Ok maybe not (though it'd be fun) but damnit we do need more Orclach NPC's. They're a damn rare species in this game, plenty of Orcs and undead Lich Lords but few living breathing answers-to-the-questions Orclach to identify with.
    There was for a minute, then you guys unleashed Kethuru and he spit taint all over Acknor again. :/
    Eventru said:
    Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    *removed a giant quote pyramid for reading sakes*

There was for a minute, then you guys unleashed Kethuru and he spit taint all over Acknor again. :/
    I mean in the modern game timeline. It's like the last of the mohicans at times RPing an Orclach =(

• Shady elections. I'm glad people got punished over it, I'm sad I lose two guild members. :( 

Too bad politics posts don't come with * for cases like this, regardless of what the result would or would not have been.
    Eventru said:
    Sileni are dead, Siam.

Dead dead.

And centaur will never live in Glomdoring - Crow won't be a selectable skillset, and any centaur gloms will constantly be harassed by murderous crows who deal excorable damage every 5s they're in Glom. :(

Eventru said:
    Sileni are dead, Siam.

Dead dead.

T_T We need to revive them Thax-style. Cyborg-Sileni, go! (Or we can cut off centaurs and stitch their hind legs to create a frankenstein Sileni immitation. 

#bringShikariback 

I feel the pull of Druidry. :(

#bringShikariback 

• I wish there was a pimp my description thread.

*wanders off in a suitably dramatic manner,never to return again*
  • KioKio
    edited April 2013
    Ahzek said:
    I wish there was a pimp my description thread.

If you need help, ask!  We'll be glad to give you advice :)

edit: A tweet - It gave me warm fuzzies in my tummy when you commented on my description, @marcella
  • Kio said:
    Ahzek said:
    I wish there was a pimp my description thread.

If you need help, ask!  We'll be glad to give you advice :)

edit: A tweet - It gave me warm fuzzies in my tummy when you commented on my description, @marcella
    Ooh. I might as well post it here then, eh? 

He is a fierce dracnari and stands a few inches above six feet. His agile frame is covered in darkly tanned skin, interspersed with sharp black scales that shift in hues of purple. His spine is oddly prominent, something that remains visible with his viciously spiked tail. His features are surprisingly human, with a beaked nose and full, shapely lips. Almond-shaped eyes glow like embers behind unruly ebon curls, but in contrast to the hair his goatee is quite well-trimmed. He is wearing a canvas backpack, plain grey trousers, a scorched ring of ravenous flames, a crimson silk rope belt hung with golden bells, a golden hoop inlaid with garnet through his left ear, a golden hoop inlaid with garnet through his right ear and a golden hoop inlaid with garnet through his septum.

How do I make the sentences well, less choppy? They feel choppy. Chop.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Regarding choppiness;

As your description stands, you could put the sentences in any order without significantly changing the meaning. They're all discrete statements of fact that stand independently from each other. If you want to reduce choppiness, I would suggest tying them together more closely. Notice that all of the sentences begin with a form of 'he' or 'his'. If I was going to try to tie the sentences together, the first thing I would look into is changing how they start.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
This discussion has been closed.