Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It does persist. Doesn't really address the problem of your ents being murdered with a single attack if you leave them behind for 1.5 seconds. I've had my fae wiped out in a handful of seconds. Researchers never have to deal with that.
  • Vivet said:
    Daedalion said:
    Got to say, there is nothing more annoying than ent killing. Starting to miss op researcher gems.
    Part of the issue is Channels, I think. It shouldn't cost anything to raise, imo, or at least be reduced in cost. And does it drop on death? I never bothered with it ever because of the cost, but I imagine if it stayed up through death, then you could just call them back immediately whenever you died/phoenixed and not have to encounter it as much.

It also wouldn't happen to Illuminati so much if the hekoskeri didn't keep spamming its annoying effect on every enemy even when the Illuminati isn't there, effectively announcing its presence (and generally, the rest of the entourage too).
    The problem isn't the fact that I can just summon them back. The problem is that they cost power unless I go back to Vortex, 2p each, homunculus costing 10p. I'm not even sure what channels does exactly? They still cost balance to summon when I have the def up.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    @Estarra For taking the time and patience to not only explain both a personal and admin PoV as to how things went down, but also engaging in dialogue toward ideas to make future events more accessible to all, without being an excessive workload on the admin.

<3

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Channels allows you to use the ent-call command without consuming balance (so if someone is killing them in another room you can easily bring them back to your side, or if you are gusted away from them).
  • edited April 2013
    Ooh.. so useless when they all die in one hit. Okay, I got it.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yep, but at least channels only costs 5p to put up on your plane instead of the old 10p.

And most people aren't smart enough to kill the ents, even though we are handicapped badly when it does happen.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.

People kill my fae all the time. I have several aliases that include faecall just because they get lost all the time. It's kind of obnoxious. They don't handle damage like angels/demons do, so losing them for even a short period can result in dead ents, pretty sure illuminati ents are in the same boat. I've seen really lame tactics where people will hide behind serpent and pick off fae while we can't do anything.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    Considering how many ents illuminati get and how obnoxious they are, I for one am not sympathetic. It's an annoyance and a disadvantage, which all classes should have within reason.
    edited April 2013
    Its actually a lot harder then it looks keeping your ent alive, and it basically ruins your entire offense when it dies.

If my demon was uncloaked and couldn't fly, it would die a lot more often.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I'd be cool with it if they were uncrittable, just saying.
  • I find ent interaction to be irritating. As a non ent user, I gain an advantage by attacking and killing them. However, that requires me to do nothing to them in person. They can keep resummoning, and I can keep killing, and neither of us will get anywhere. On the other hand, Institute gems can be sabotaged by giving them paranoia. It's easier said than done to stick an aff, especially compared to bashing an ent, but it's more interesting. Coming up with tactics, poison combinations, studying cure priorities, finding out the opponent's curing habits and trying to counter them is infinitely more interesting than bashing their ents. I'm actually fighting the user, not a replica mob.

This mechanic already exists in the form of disloyalty. I don't see why ents of any kind need an additional counter via bashing. If you want to disable ents, try and stick disloyalty (or paranoia in the case of institute). If a target wants to slow down or disadvantage my offense, they jolly well have to hit me and stick hindering affs on me, not kick some replica with an arbitrary amount of health standing next to me. I don't see why we can't just remove that aspect of ent killing from pvp altogether.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    Paranoia at least provides results the entire duration of the affliction and is on herb balance rather than purgative. Disloyalty is pretty hard to stick without slitthroat or some similar aff, and if you get there, it's just icing on the cake by that point.
  • In which case a review of disloyalty mechanics could be looked into. Disloyalty being less effective than paranoia is no reason to have another irritating mechanic that adds nothing to the overall fun of the game patched on top of it.

Disloyalty is useful for me because if I can give it hidden, there's the chance it can tick against the user once before they cure it. Not everyone has access to hidden disloyalty, of course, but making disloyalty more viable for non-hidden users will definitely be a better choice for everyone concerned than maintaining ent killing mechanics, is my opinion.

• I'd love for a new skill in Wicca to optionally summon a single entity (like say, one of the Moon/Night Ladies) that did everything the other ents did on hit - cutting down on spam, and auto-syncing, that would have a tankiness level similar to normal archangels/etc. Yay thematic difference.

• Raeri said:
    I'd love for a new skill in Wicca to optionally summon a single entity (like say, one of the Moon/Night Ladies) that did everything the other ents did on hit - cutting down on spam, and auto-syncing, that would have a tankiness level similar to normal archangels/etc. Yay thematic difference.
    ...that would be grand.
  • Raeri said:
    I'd love for a new skill in Wicca to optionally summon a single entity (like say, one of the Moon/Night Ladies) that did everything the other ents did on hit - cutting down on spam, and auto-syncing, that would have a tankiness level similar to normal archangels/etc. Yay thematic difference.
    Turning them into angels/demons with 5 synced attacks per round is not going go get a lot of traction.

You get lots of weak ents with several attacks or you get one stronger ent with one attack. Not being able to disable particular aspects of guardian offence would be a significant change. One that isn't completely addressed by tweaking an aff or two.

If the affs are too weak we can see about changing them, if they die too easily then we can look at that as well. I really don't see a need to rework the entire archetype here.

You can already sync your ents if you really want to; I remember the Moondancers syncing up their pixies so that every 12s their target would be instantly hit by 4+ pixies all at the exact same time.  That was a nuisance.

I don't really mind if they get one single uncrittable ent, but they have to use a command to turn on each specific fae-power for it, and said power can be broken with violet / kether / some other way.  It would just adjust tactics a bit.  Could also make it so that if you use this thing the timer becomes a little variable for each power, so they can't actually be timed with one another or with another guild member's ents; you're sacrificing some potential offensive advantage for significantly less risk in losing them.
    To kill as a Tarot Nihilist/Celestine, the only way you can really kill one versus one is timing your demon/archangel. One disloyalty tic can disrupt all your work, as proven in my 40 minute Wargames against Thul.
    Silvanus said:
    To kill as a Tarot Nihilist/Celestine, the only way you can really kill one versus one is timing your demon/archangel. One disloyalty tic can disrupt all your work, as proven in my 40 minute Wargames against Thul.
    Pretty sure the suggestion wouldn't affect Nihilists or Celestines, since their combat isn't multi-ent-oriented currently.
    I know, I was just pointing out the danger in attempting to time your ents, especially in midcombat.

And the usefulness of disloyalty against those who require timing.
    Nice to see we are balancing around grudges against fae tactics from years ago and haterage over illuminati. Seems legit.
    edited April 2013
    Rivius said:
    Considering how many ents illuminati get and how obnoxious they are, I for one am not sympathetic. It's an annoyance and a disadvantage, which all classes should have within reason.
    Okay. How about every 15 seconds I can steal your sword. You can only have it back for 10 power. Every class should have a disadvantage. Within reason.

Edit: paranoid causes the effects to still hit the intended target, unlike ents that change targets entirely. Of course it's different and harder to stick,
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Are we playing that game? Only one warrior in the room has a sword now. 

This thread is getting really derail-y lately.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0Celina said:
    Rivius said:
    Okay. How about every 15 seconds I can steal your sword. You can only have it back for 10 power. Every class should have a disadvantage. Within reason.

Edit: paranoid causes the effects to still hit the intended target, unlike ents that change targets entirely. Of course it's different and harder to stick,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    An explanation since the trolls are out and drooling:

15 seconds is about how long it takes for a warrior to clear out all of the fae. 10 power is the cost of faeconverge. Losing half your offense is the rough equivalent of a BM losing a sword.

Thanks for keeping up.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That does really suck. It's a pity those fae aren't attacking the warrior while said warrior is hitting them, and there's nothing the Wiccan can do to slow down the warrior.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    On an unrelated note, I've noticed Celina has been marked "troll" 35 times.

Is this like Deathmark, where it slows you down after so many marks?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited April 2013
    Shaddus said:
    That does really suck. It's a pity those fae aren't attacking the warrior while said warrior is hitting them, and there's nothing the Wiccan can do to slow down the warrior.
    Almost as much of a pity as your total lack of combat knowledge and application, but you sure put on a good act. Spamming vines while someone kills fae is remarkably pointless. You still wind up with dead fae.

edit: Yep, and most are Iasmos.
    Touché. Iasmos tags people as trolling if they're smiling when he's depressed.
    We're going to get angry admin faces if we don't get back on topic.

I always forget how many phantomspheres it takes to kill you. :(
This discussion has been closed.