Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Portius said:
    Regarding choppiness;

As your description stands, you could put the sentences in any order without significantly changing the meaning. They're all discrete statements of fact that stand independently from each other. If you want to reduce choppiness, I would suggest tying them together more closely. Notice that all of the sentences begin with a form of 'he' or 'his'. If I was going to try to tie the sentences together, the first thing I would look into is changing how they start.
    Right! I shall do that then.

EDIT: He is a fierce dracnari and stands just a few inches above six feet, with his agile form covered in darkly tanned skin. Sharp black scales that shift in hues of purple burst through the skin at various spots, but are mostly centred on his oddly prominent spine and the upper side of his viciously spiked tail. Unruly ebon curls cover most of almond-shaped eyes that glow like hot embers, but his beaked nose and full and shapely lips remain clearly visible. His goatee is however quite well-trimmed in contrast to his hair. He is wearing a canvas backpack, plain grey trousers, a scorched ring of ravenous flames, a crimson silk rope belt hung with golden bells, a golden hoop inlaid with garnet through his left ear, a golden hoop inlaid with garnet through his right ear and a golden hoop inlaid with garnet through his septum.

Better?
  • The second one is far more vivid!  Good job!
  • We should make T-shirts that say things like:

Stop reading Fantasy books. Start living them in Lusternia!

Then, have a picture of Magnagora in the background and in the foreground an Iron Glove (or Throne?) with each of the Archtypes lined up on the side.

I hate not being able to draw... The picture in my head is so awesome...

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Ahzek said:
    I wish there was a pimp my description thread.

*wanders off in a suitably dramatic manner,never to return again*
    There used to be a thread like this in the old forums. Time to rezz it, me thinks!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited April 2013

...so guess who forgot buffs have a cap. My charisma didn't move after all of that :(

Trade, @Shedrin?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I like my intelligence. I shall break worlds with my balestones/destructions/meteors.

Or maybe I'll just write a book.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    So, I've been dying loads today in an attempt to increase my explorer rank. Jumped from 77 to 62! The thing is...I haven't even fully explored Fain's den and I'm confused which rooms I've been to in Eventru's Earth 2.0. Soooo many places.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I find it distressing and upsetting that when something happens in the game that people don't like, they instantly presume ooc bias and metagaming. I hate both those things interfering with roleplay :(

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    "You quickly unwrap a sopping wet present, which sprays glittering silver 
    dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly pull a pair of aviator's goggles from within."

Nomnomnom
  • I have roughly 47 days of extra crit. What am I supposed to do with that? I influence!
  • edited February 2014

• edited April 2013
    Iasmos said:

Ahzek said:
    I have roughly 47 days of extra crit. What am I supposed to do with that? I influence!
    Clearly, your quest to gain experience is misguided. 
    Appearently so! Also, does skillflex only work for guild skills? Or does it go trade skills as well?
  • edited February 2014

• Awesome, thanks!
  • I think it's time to buy some credits.  >.>
  • I'm really, really considering dropping Wyrdenwood and picking up the demesne spec.  The damage is really nice, and it's cool to be super tanky.  The RP is also super cool.  But I just feel... useless.  While I do enjoy being a tree, I wanna be able to kill people, too :(
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kio said:
    I'm really, really considering dropping Wyrdenwood and picking up the demesne spec.  The damage is really nice, and it's cool to be super tanky.  The RP is also super cool.  But I just feel... useless.  While I do enjoy being a tree, I wanna be able to kill people, too :(
    If your main issue is one on one combat as a druid... don't expect wonders unless someone is bad or overconfident and sticks around for meld effects to tic on them several times to build allergies.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I think it's more one on one combat as a Wyrdenwood...
  • Elanorwen said:
    Kio said:
    I'm really, really considering dropping Wyrdenwood and picking up the demesne spec.  The damage is really nice, and it's cool to be super tanky.  The RP is also super cool.  But I just feel... useless.  While I do enjoy being a tree, I wanna be able to kill people, too :(
    If your main issue is one on one combat as a druid... don't expect wonders unless someone is bad or overconfident and sticks around for meld effects to tic on them several times to build allergies.
    I think I just need to tough it out.  If I'm so hesitant on switching because I like it so much, then I should obviously stop worrying about it, buckle down, and figure out how I can do some keering.

And I'm friggin' gonna.

(Hooray for showers!)
  • edited April 2013
    I really, really wish there was a CURIO RUB ALL command. Oh god.

EDIT: Also I miss being ninjakari.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I didn't get the Chicago job (yet, they want me to wait for a specific position to open) so that means I'm back in Lusternia!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Celina said:

I didn't get the Chicago job (yet, they want me to wait for a specific position to open) so that means I'm back in Lusternia!

And here I was looking forward to our walks alongside the magnificent mile...

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I dunno what's giving me the 20 second lag spikes here, but argh.

Maybe this is a sign that I should go be a responsible adult for a while. >_>
  • edited April 2013
    We need a site that posts every design. I could start with Cooking and Forging.

EDIT: If I actually could be bothered to do it.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • Thul said:
    I dunno what's giving me the 20 second lag spikes here, but argh.

So glad that it's not just me. I thought it was a crappy internet connection on my end, but I've heard a few people complain about them now. Everything will be perfectly fine for me, then suddenly the world will keep spinning on while I'm frozen for enough time to do considerable damage. It's bad enough that I've just stopped trying to pilot aetherhunts, despite dumping a few million gold into my ship since returning.
  • Rathan said:

Thul said:

I dunno what's giving me the 20 second lag spikes here, but argh.

So glad that it's not just me. I thought it was a crappy internet connection on my end, but I've heard a few people complain about them now. Everything will be perfectly fine for me, then suddenly the world will keep spinning on while I'm frozen for enough time to do considerable damage. It's bad enough that I've just stopped trying to pilot aetherhunts, despite dumping a few million gold into my ship since returning.

Should do a trace route when you have lag issues, see where the problem is.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Cthazoth said:

There is one... googling lusternia designs should bring a link up. Sure, it doesn't have the full descriptions of the designs and it's definitely missing a fair amount of private cartels, but even then, it's there. Now, if you wanted to go out and have full descriptions too... why bother with a game that has player-player interaction in the first place? I know it's frustrating trying to look for designs for someone else or pestering someone to do a search for you, but if you really were that bothered, find a bookbinder and have them make an omnibus for you, then go and write it all down in that.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Cthazoth said:

http://lusterniadesigns.wikispaces.com/
This discussion has been closed.