Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Past few IRL days have had me super down, so I've been thinking about splurging on level two wounders and maybe a set of level one stats. Warrior has turned out to be hella fun lately. And I'm still getting my RP fix from being a tae'dae!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    For the record I like the idea of you buying stats and wounders, not RL getting you down.

We also need to get you a taedae hat so you can murder it all as Aslaran >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KioKio
    edited May 2013
    Morkarion said:

For the record I like the idea of you buying stats and wounders, not RL getting you down.

Nah. The only downfall I've run into so far is the dexterity. Against someone with lots of it, stancing is compounded so much it's ridiculous - but, if I'm doing my job right, I won't be hitting stancing. Also, for groups, the fact that I have 21 strength as a low magic non-Demi plus the racial bonus stats, my burst wounding is pretty high.

I wish I had the formulas for wounding so I could sit down and work everything out the exact way I want it. However, right now my rhythm feels really good. Rebounding comes up in a comfortable place (so its not too tough to watch for it), I'm hitting fast enough to comfortably capitalize on regen wounds, and my hefts hurts like poop. I haven't hit an unmanageable wall yet, and I like the style of a slower speed but harder hit. It's a good place for me.

And I'm a bear. Deal with it B-)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Maellio said:
    I am irrationally happy that I rearranged a bunch of our city scrolls so they'd all line up together...

... and that you can put hyphens in scroll names...

... but it looks so pretty O.=.O [to me]
    You are embracing your inner bureaucrat.
  • edited May 2013
    Kio said:

Nah. The only downfall I've run into so far is the dexterity. Against someone with lots of it, stancing is compounded so much it's ridiculous - but, if I'm doing my job right, I won't be hitting stancing. Also, for groups, the fact that I have 21 strength as a low magic non-Demi plus the racial bonus stats, my burst wounding is pretty high. I wish I had the formulas for wounding so I could sit down and work everything out the exact way I want it. However, right now my rhythm feels really good. Rebounding comes up in a comfortable place (so its not too tough to watch for it), I'm hitting fast enough to comfortably capitalize on regen wounds, and my hefts hurts like poop. I haven't hit an unmanageable wall yet, and I like the style of a slower speed but harder hit. It's a good place for me. And I'm a bear. Deal with it B-)
    Just a pro tip, you can create a variable and then a trigger to change it when your target has rebounding up or and then another trigger to change it when it goes down. Then make attack aliases that pull from that variable and either make the attack you want or raze rebounding.

It's not fool proof things like blackout, leaving the room and lag will get around it but will save you some grief in spammy group fights.

Talk to your code savvy friends or whoever made your system because there might already be one in there.

I can confirm that after changing my keybindings to have auto raze/cleave it's made combat a crap ton better.

Other advantages tho for Aslaran Kio is balance bonus and harder to mana kill. Sure you don't burst wound as effectively (only 19 str) but you're overall tankier and hitting more frequently, which is great when you're competing with 4 other Knights for the decap/bash brain.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KioKio
    edited May 2013
    I stole @hiriako's idea. I have huge color coded echoes for rebounding and integrated my offense into stratagems. If rebounding falls or is stripped by someone else, I have a trigger that replaces the jab/swing/sunder with cleave to the same body part. The only downside is that I use different poisons for jabs and swings to the chest and gut, but it's trivial in the long run. This also prevents me from having to reset a variable if I leave a teamfight and come back or switch targets.

As for the tankiness, gotta love that level 3 resist to cutting/blunt, and I never surge in teamfights. I've tried to compensate for my low mana somewhat by changing my sipping thresholds - doing that has helped quite a bit when coupled with the sip bonus.

That said, I tend to value RP a little more than min/maxing for combat. That's why I was so upset about Wyrdenwood. It was great RP, but can't stand on its own two feet. I've been able to keep part of the RP of it through the change, and I'm actually pretty happy with how everything is turning out. After all, it's opened up some pretty awesome avenues and I wouldn't change a thing now. :)

P.s. The second we have close to the numbers of Ebonguard as we did last Thursday night, I'm dragging you all to this ritual. I've been dying to get this done as its a pretty big character plot point for Kio, and maybe some of you will start to understand why he's always so happy.
  • Celina said:

So my Chicago promotion didn't work out but a position opened up rather suddenly (and unexpectedly) in Washington DC, and they are pushing it fast. I interview for it on Thursday.

Ohgoshohgoshohgosh.

Good luck! *mumble*betrayingtexas*mumble*
  • Omg, Celina I knew we would become bffs!

Now we can hang out all the time!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dear Eventru;

If you approve my tattoo, I'll totally tattoo it on you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • All Lusternians should come to D.C./MD, obviously. It's where the party's at.
  • Epic grade lag hits right here. It's only through the grace of tae'dae psymet that I didn't die horribly, I think. 45 seconds? Eesh...

Things're dying sometime around Chi3.servernap.net, by the way.
  • Sounds like the server is...

*puts on sunglasses*

taking a nap.

*YEEEEEAH*
  • So much hate.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shikari said:
    All Lusternians should come to D.C./MD, obviously. It's where the party's at.
    If I could I would, but I can't.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    And here I thought it was in Vegas. :(
    Shikari said:
    All Lusternians should come to D.C./MD, obviously. It's where the party's at.
    If someone could pay my flights and hotel sure.

Clearly all Lusternians should come to the England meet we're planning. We'll look after you before drinking you under the table.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Does that mean I would be the last one standing (or sitting, as the case may be)?

You make it sound so enticing!
  • Am I the only player who doesn't live in the Americas?
    is dead like the dodo
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Nope.
  • There's plenty of us who don't.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited May 2013
    Xenthos said:
    Does that mean I would be the last one standing (or sitting, as the case may be)? You make it sound so enticing!
    You're not the only person who doesn't drink, Xenthos. :P

Edit: derp fixed
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    I swear nearly every Knight that PK's is going Cavalier at the moment....

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

Neos said:
    Xenthos said:
    Does that mean I would be the last one standing (or sitting, as the case may be)? You make it sound so enticing!
    You're not the only person who doesn't drink Xenthos. :P
    I try my best to avoid drinking Xenthos.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2013
    Morkarion said:
    It's got pretty nice flavour, fresh warrior mechanics and has gotten some good looks-at through the envoy system and the special report it had. 
    Heck, I might try it out too some months down the line if I get the credits to afford a switch.
    Seems that the Tendon change was pretty much the icing on the cake though for everyone to jump over.

If I could afford pliers I'd test it out.

• edited May 2013
    Rivius said:
    Morkarion said:
    It's got pretty nice flavour, fresh warrior mechanics and has gotten some good looks-at through the envoy system and the special report it had. 
    Heck, I might try it out too some months down the line if I get the credits to afford a switch.
    I think Rivius covered it well. Flavour? Yeah sure it's something different. Fresh mechanics? Certainly. It's been fun so far getting deep into it and learning in depth the strengths and weaknesses of it. It's a lot less consistent than PB, but can shine in certain situations :)
  • *cackle*

Death by cookies.  Quite literally.   B-)
  • edited May 2013
    You attempt the Kata form of bash (momentum: 1).
    With a quick spin, you kick a shiftless marionette retainer with your left foot.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    Slashing viciously at a shiftless marionette retainer, you rend him with a monstrous bear claw.
    Slashing viciously at a shiftless marionette retainer, you rend him with a ceremonial nekai of 
    engraved silver.
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Your momentum increases.

Drifting forward, a shiftless marionette retainer swings about in midair, raising an arm and 
    delivering a surprisingly powerful backhand that shatters your cheek.

All around, the sound of tearing fabric and shattering porcelain fills the air.

A shiftless marionette retainer abruptly collapses, revealed to be nothing more than a pile of 
    garish clothing and fragments of porcelain that soon unravel and vanish.

Amid the tumult in the palace, doors begin slamming all around as the manor, haberdashery, and 
    tavern prepare to close.

----

Hit mob. Have entire area shut down. That's... cool.

tumut
This discussion has been closed.