Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    See, drama. :(
  • Kio said:
    Yea. "Fondling" isn't something Kio wouldn't ever do. How do you know Kio has met Rika? Because frankly, until I HONOURS'd you, I thought you were a newbie because I haven't even heard your name before.

Uhh.. HELP TETRA

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

edited July 2013
    HELP TETRA.

There is no help available for this subject.
  • Xenthos said:
    HELP TETRA. There is no help available for this request.

Leave Tetra Alone!!!  He's a CHANGELING!

Tetra said:

Xenthos said:

HELP TETRA.

There is no help available for this request.

Sorry, I had to switch "request" to "subject".
  • edited July 2013
    Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:

For someone who claims to avoid drama, you certainly love egging on a trollfest, Xenthos.

Did you hatch that one yourself and sit on it for a few minutes?

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So, looks like Tetra is back.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Wait, Kio was canoodling Rika?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Tetra said:

Xenthos said:

Tetra said:

Xenthos said:

HELP TETRA.

There is no help available for this request.

For someone who claims to avoid drama, you certainly love egging on a trollfest, Xenthos.

Nope, too busy enjoying Vegas to spend too much time on this. Cards against Humanity with Estarra and co is rather more entertaining, I'm afraid. ;)
  • Evidently.

Sounds lovely, but I'm too busy paragliding in the Himalayan mountains on my birthday.  Have fun!

• Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:

Nope, too busy enjoying Vegas to spend too much time on this. Cards against Humanity with Estarra and co is rather more entertaining, I'm afraid. ;)
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

I totally just got done with an awesome game of CAH with some old college pals.  I'm also currently drunker than a skunk, but that's beside the point!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:

One of you best have filmed this.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    In other news, would it be too much to ask that if people have to metagame, they don't take the absolute piss with it?

For a game based around RP, there's a lot of decisions made exclusively on OOC information.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited July 2013
    Tetra said:
    Evidently.

Sounds lovely, but I'm too busy paragliding in the Himalayan mountains on my birthday.  Have fun!
    Darn.  Was it my posting with multiple hours between that gave me away?

I'll have to be less obvious next time. :(

Edit:
    I have to say, it was a pretty awesome evening. :)
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    (House Myeras): Avurekhos says, "Take care, Sisters, and Brother. I will return 
    in three years time I feel, my dreams call to me."

:((
  • Morkarion said:
    In other news, would it be too much to ask that if people have to metagame, they don't take the absolute piss with it?

For a game based around RP, there's a lot of decisions made exclusively on OOC information.
    This... is the main reason why I stopped playing extensively. It's even funnier when people make mistells asking to discuss the topic on IM or Skype. It's even better when they start making decisions on Lusternia Facebook [The Game].

My other reason is seeing so many volunteers disappear or go inactive. It says a lot about the health of the game. Why hasn't Lusternia progressed 'story-wise'? No one is around to move it along.

Someone actually told me the best solution to the problem above. Get a paid writer...
  • NochtNocht Glomdoring
    Xarcon said:
    Morkarion said:

This... is the main reason why I stopped playing extensively. It's even funnier when people make mistells asking to discuss the topic on IM or Skype. It's even better when they start making decisions on Lusternia Facebook [The Game].

My other reason is seeing so many volunteers disappear or go inactive. It says a lot about the health of the game. Why hasn't Lusternia progressed 'story-wise'? No one is around to move it along.

Someone actually told me the best solution to the problem above. Get a paid writer...
    In what way would you want to see it progress? I feel like we've had quite a bit recently with the conflict between Mysrai and Zvoltz, the return of Terentia and the creation of Valtreth! 
  • Zvoltz said:
    Xarcon said:
    Morkarion said:

At the basic level, volunteers are no different than players. We get busy with school, work, family, and other hobbies. It is important to remember that we are volunteers. We volunteer our time for a game we love, but in the end this isn't a career for us and, much like players, we do have other things go on in our lives outside of Lusternia.
    And that is absolutely fine. I understand that plenty of people will not agree with the following. You make the decision to volunteer as a Divine and in doing so decide to interact with the playerbase on a different level. Since Lusternia is a role-playing game, I define it as a form of entertainment. It shouldn't be a job. However, you are committing yourself to a task one that I hope you take very seriously. When a Divine decides to step down or leave the game, then there should be some form of event to let us know that they are gone. Or, be prepared to take criticism from us for -not- being around. In other words, the beginning and the end are very important to any story which on a fundamental level is what Lusternia -should- be.

What I would like to see is more story involvement with what we already have... I can only remark with what my character has directly interacted with and that is the Taint. There has been no real story progression with the Taint. I remember reading a post from Fain about his discussion with Raezon on creating a new Taint species. I thought the idea was awesome. Create a new creature that would leave a permanent mark on the game. It could be something small but everyone could be like -Look- we did this as a City. I thought my post about the grub that got away from Earth would have been a nice story to pick up. A player creates the backdrop for a minor plot, a volunteer picks it up, makes some changes/surprises, and goes with it. Even if I wasn't a part of it due to timing, I would have been thrilled. I was kinda of disappointed that there were no event post for the release of Geochemantics especially after Eventru was remarking on how awesome the story was.

Maybe, I'm in the wrong environment and everything is happening elsewhere.
    Eh. Sometimes things slip through the cracks (lack of ickytree or geochemantics events posts), but on the whole I just need to disagree with your fundamental premise.

The volunteers do not really serve us. The Administration is supposed to serve us (in the way that any business tries to satisfy its clients), but demanding that volunteers consider themselves subservient to our whims is an excellent way to see us lose even more. They really are "playing the game" too, just in a different fashion (more of a story writer role than a participant role). If players burn out from demands, why would you not expect volunteers to? Why would you think that the solution is to require even more of them?

The volunteers I have met this weekend are one and all amazing people and we are lucky to have them willing to spend their time making our play experience more entertaining and compelling. Whatever they are willing to provide is amazing, because... and here is the key... it is more than we would have gotten without them. There's no need to be ungrateful about it!
  • Spread a rumour about yourself in the forums or on OOC clans, and see how quickly it comes up IC.  Never fails.

• Nocht said:
    Xarcon said:
    Morkarion said:

In what way would you want to see it progress? I feel like we've had quite a bit recently with the conflict between Mysrai and Zvoltz, the return of Terentia and the creation of Valtreth! 
    I actually had some time to think about this and came up with an example. After about a rl year, Mag is about ready to put on a city-wide event. I would be very disappointed if the volunteers didn't take advantage of this to cause some mayhem. It could be something small like having a bunch of clowns appear in the middle of the event and just entertain us by juggling body parts and what not. You could further make it interesting by having the clowns start assassinating people (especially the afkers at the Megalith). You could even try to play the Noble Houses against each other by having the clowns kill the members of one Family. I had this mental image of Delphas dismembered corpse hanging from the chandelier in the Necropolis. All of this could be 1) a secret plot by Celest to ruin our event, 2) an experiment by Hallifax to show the imperfect social structure of Magnagora, 3) Demon Lords go wild, or 4) none of the above... Regardless of the outcome, Magnagora is forced to confront this situation as a 'City' leaving a permanent mark on its history.

It is my understanding that you don't have to be a Divine to be a volunteer. Aren't there Divine-in-training? If Zvoltz wanted to take a break from Hallifax and play in Mag for a bit, is there something stopping him from taking the role of Ayman or is everyone restricted to their respective organization?
  • Xenthos said:
    Eh. Sometimes things slip through the cracks (lack of ickytree or geochemantics events posts), but on the whole I just need to disagree with your fundamental premise. The volunteers do not really serve us. The Administration is supposed to serve us (in the way that any business tries to satisfy its clients), but demanding that volunteers consider themselves subservient to our whims is an excellent way to see us lose even more. They really are "playing the game" too, just in a different fashion (more of a story writer role than a participant role). If players burn out from demands, why would you not expect volunteers to? Why would you think that the solution is to require even more of them? The volunteers I have met this weekend are one and all amazing people and we are lucky to have them willing to spend their time making our play experience more entertaining and compelling. Whatever they are willing to provide is amazing, because... and here is the key... it is more than we would have gotten without them. There's no need to be ungrateful about it!
    Serve us? I think you are missing the point. The volunteers serve the -story- whether it be player-driven or administration-driven. Players and volunteers burn out for the same reason either real life commitments or emotional attachments to their characters. There's probably a whole bunch of reasons but I feel that those two are the main ones. Am I demanding anything from them? Nocht asked me to how I would want the story to progress. I gave him an example. He can choose to understand my point or not. Regardless, it is not going to change his commitment or dedication to the game. I respect him for asking feedback.

And that's great that you had an opportunity to meet the volunteers. I do not think there is a human being that doesn't feel happy when someone pats them on the back and says thank you for sharing your time with me. To this day, I'm eternally grateful to my GM in D&D for leading us through all of our adventures during my younger days. However, I also realize that they get enjoyment in administering their story and seeing how players react. If they didn't, they wouldn't have volunteered in the first place.

Ungrateful? Wow... where did I say that I was ungrateful? It's amazing that I can't leave comments without someone remarking negatively on this forum.
  • Tetra said:
    Spread a rumour about yourself in the forums or on OOC clans, and see how quickly it comes up IC.  Never fails.
    Okay. I am an evil monster that lives on a mountain and eats children. Please mail me your kids.
  • NochtNocht Glomdoring
    Xarcon said:
    Nocht said:
    Xarcon said:
    Morkarion said:

I actually had some time to think about this and came up with an example. After about a rl year, Mag is about ready to put on a city-wide event. I would be very disappointed if the volunteers didn't take advantage of this to cause some mayhem. It could be something small like having a bunch of clowns appear in the middle of the event and just entertain us by juggling body parts and what not. You could further make it interesting by having the clowns start assassinating people (especially the afkers at the Megalith). You could even try to play the Noble Houses against each other by having the clowns kill the members of one Family. I had this mental image of Delphas dismembered corpse hanging from the chandelier in the Necropolis. All of this could be 1) a secret plot by Celest to ruin our event, 2) an experiment by Hallifax to show the imperfect social structure of Magnagora, 3) Demon Lords go wild, or 4) none of the above... Regardless of the outcome, Magnagora is forced to confront this situation as a 'City' leaving a permanent mark on its history.

It is my understanding that you don't have to be a Divine to be a volunteer. Aren't there Divine-in-training? If Zvoltz wanted to take a break from Hallifax and play in Mag for a bit, is there something stopping him from taking the role of Ayman or is everyone restricted to their respective organization?
    Yes.  For the most part, admin are supposed to stay in their chosen role. Ephemerals are supposed to be working towards their own god roles and don't really have the time to set up a bunch of events. 

Xarcon said:
    Tetra said:
    Spread a rumour about yourself in the forums or on OOC clans, and see how quickly it comes up IC.  Never fails.
    Okay. I am an evil monster that lives on a mountain and eats children. Please mail me your kids.
    That's not a rumour, we know it's true.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    That awkward moment when you ask a serious question to the IreCon, and the entire group of supergods laughs it off. When you're really, really serious about wanting Windchimes or some other way to have Chandeliers at outside areas of Lusternia.
    To be fair, Estarra discussed it with us in more detail afterwards to understand what the problem was / why anyone would ask it. Out of the blue to people who do not really know the details, it is a pretty funny question.
  • Nocht said:

Yes.  For the most part, admin are supposed to stay in their chosen role. Ephemerals are supposed to be working towards their own god roles and don't really have the time to set up a bunch of events. 

I imagine that this point has been discussed by the admin at various times throughout the game's history. Since I do not know all of the pros and cons, I can only comment from my perspective. Wouldn't it be much more interesting to be able to play smaller roles in various organizations to get a better understanding of the entire game? You still have your main role as the Divine of so-so organization but maybe you want to help out another volunteer in a specific city-event.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    That awkward moment when you ask a serious question to the IreCon, and the entire group of supergods laughs it off. When you're really, really serious about wanting Windchimes or some other way to have Chandeliers at outside areas of Lusternia.
    Eh, they were laughing because to them it was... "We want windchimes for decorative purposes" It's not like they knew that chandeliers detect dreamforms and why you want windchimes instead of them.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
This discussion has been closed.